Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Highmaul? It happened in WoD then. So it does not apply to Mag'har Orcs.
    Mag'har means "uncorrupted", and it's what the orcs from AU Draenor, the ones that we're getting, will be calling themselves.

I think they'll go with:

Warrior - Hunter - Shaman - Rogue - Mage - Priest - Monk

Basically the same classes of normal orcs (without DK) with the exception of Priest being swapped in instead of Warlock to play on the "uncorrupted" theme.
    Monk probably wouldn't fit either but Pandaren seem to be teaching their ways to everyone these days (and because Monk is among the least played classes and Blizzard tries to push them whenever they can).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniri View Post
    Mag'har means "uncorrupted", and it's what the orcs from AU Draenor, the ones that we're getting, will be calling themselves.
    It makes no sense. Very few of AU Orcs were corrupted by fel magic. There is no reason for them to call themselve's Mag'har.

And there is no reason for AU Draenor Orcs to join the MU Horde, to be honest. While there are reasons for the Mag'har to join the Horde and leave that dying world.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniri View Post
    There were enough Mag'har on MU Outland. We don't really need the Draenor ones at all.

Deleted
    Warlocks I don't think so, since using fel magic technically makes orcs green.
    Warriors, Hunters, Shamans and Rogues is totally a yes, but without mages, druids, priests and Death knights, 4 classes is really low number for such a popular race as orcs are. I am hoping they get Monks too, that would make it atleast 5. And it pretty much fits their brawl oriented nature, especially Shattered Hand clan.

Priest justification: in WoD you can turn in scrap for transmog armor sets. The cloth set was a (baddass looking) Shadowmoon set. AU Ner'zhul practically became a Void Orc by drawing on the powers of a Dark Naruu, which pretty firmly puts him in Shadow Priest territory.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Death Knight could work IF the Outland Mag'har that came over a long time ago decided to join the Draenor Mag'har when they came to Azeroth. So if you chose to play a DK you'd essentially be playing a Outland Mag'har because they were around by the time of Lich King and DK's always get some unique customization options so just don't allow anything that would make them look anything other than the Outland Mag'har so no tattoos/warpaint that would tie you to a Draenor clan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Warrior
    Hunter
    Shaman
    Rogue
    Monk

I’d say those five are the most likely.

Possibly Mage for the sake of giving them a caster, but that’s less likely.

Or priest via the Shadowmoon.

Deleted
    Well since it seems they want to restrict allied races from having access to almost all classes, as it's the case with normal races, I'm gonna go with as little of classes as possible, while also bringing in something unique to distinguish from normal orcs. My picks are:

Hunter

Priest (mostly shadow), that's the unique selling point

Rogue

Shaman

Warrior

Deleted
    Mag'har orcs will be demon hunters,druids,death knights,paladins and necromancers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    It's not obvious.
    it was obvious in my sentence, on what i was talking about , not obvious on what will happens, see the other comment

My thoughts on this goes as follows:

Death Knight: No. Blizzard have already stated that DK races are based around the time of Arthas' campaign after becoming corrupted my Frostmourne. As we know, Mag'har Orcs will start on AU Draenor, so they're pretty much out of the picture when it comes to any potential of getting killed/risen by the Lich King.

Druid: Doubtful, unless Rala Wildheart becomes their Druid trainer. But having said that, Zandalari Trolls already bring the Druid class to the table. Not only that, but they would have to also make new Druid forms for them. Having said that, there is still a slight possibility. But only slight.

Hunter: Yes. We already know that members of the Frostwolf and Thunderspear tribes have hunters. Warsong likely do as well, and the Blackrock would no doubt use their technology to develop firearms, resulting in the Hunter class.

Mage: Probable. After the fall of the Ogre empire, it may be possible that the Mag'har had uncovered secrets to the arcane, or perhaps worked alongside the AU Draenei to do so. Personally I think it is doubtful.

Monk: Probable. At the moment, all races can be monks (save Zandalari?) Though it brings up the notion of: will Pandaren stay on Draenor to teach the Mag'har the skills to be monks?

Paladin: No. The Mag'har have no dealings with the Light, as with most races. You could argue that they may be taught by the AU Draenei, but would they really be the case?

Priest: Possibly, but in the same vein as the Forsaken being priests, in that, lore-wise, they delve only in Shadow magic. The Shadowmoon Clan recently, in terms of AU lore, delved into shadow/void magic at the behest of ner'zul. Whether they have given this up to return to shamanism, or have decided to instead worship the Light, is up for debate.

Rogue: Yes. Not only do the normal orcs get to be rogues, but in the game we see numerous AU orcs act as rogues, particularly in Hellfire Citadel.

Shaman: Definitely. Shamanism is pretty much the cornerstone of Orc civilization. One of MU's key events on Draenor was the destroying of the Ogre empire with the communion of the elements.

Warlock: No. The whole point of the AU orc storyline (with what little story there was with them) was that they refused the fel, because they refused to become slaves to the demons.

Warrior: Definitely, for the simple fact that every race can be a warrior.

Paladin, priest, death knight, and druid are unlikely. So is warlock, because fel magic is forbidden among the Mag'har.

Mage is likely, since the orcs were allied briefly with the Highmaul ogres. Also, IIRC, there were Iron Horde mag'har mages in WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Priest would be a good class to give Mag'har Orcs instead of warlock. I can't see them getting warlocks unless things have changed since our days living in WoD era.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Their classes will be:

Warrior
    Hunter
    Rogue
    Paladin
    Priest
    Shaman

Warriors, Hunters, Shaman, and Rogues are kind of self-explanatory. I give them Paladin and Priest to reflect the fact that they aren't tainted with Fel corruption and thus can viably imbue themselves with the Light. Plus, if Zandalari Trolls can't be Paladins it'd be good for an allied race on Horde to be able to pick that up.

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    You're smoking crack if you believe they'll get warlocks or priests (even monks are a stretch).

- - - Updated - - -

Haha, I only said warlocks because of MU orcs, I figured brown orcs wouldn't get warlocks, but gray orcs are another story. Also I said priests because the AU Shadowmoon have something similar to priests.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean Warlocks have found their way into all kinds of races where they reasonably should be arrested and instantly killed. AKA every race except Blood Elves and Forsaken.

We know there were warlocks active on Draenor, seems like plenty excuse to have a remnant of the Shadow Council teaching willing Orcs how to control demons.
    The problem is that fel-exposure eventually turns the skin of orcs green.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Death Knight: Very unlikely, considering that, as orcs from Draenor, they were only introduced years after the Lich King's defeat.
    What about Ner'zhul?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    I think Warlock is pretty unlikely. Despite being from Draenor they are still referred to as Mag'har (uncorrupted) Orcs.

I think it'll be Warrior/Rogue/Hunter/Shaman/Monk/Priest.
    It makes sense considering there were plenty of orcs who in the end of WoD did in fact become corrupted with fel.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MHMabrito View Post
    What about Ner'zhul?
    He has no affiliation to LK as he was never on Azeroth or even associated with KJ

Deleted
    Warrior, Shaman, Hunter, Rogue and MAYBE Priest and/or Mage.

Those two are really tricky, Priests could be from Shadowmoon while Mages could learn from some Ogres. But that's all up to Blizzard.

- Paladin doesn't fit,
    - Druid, Demon Hunter, Death Knight and Monk are very much possible, but it all depends on what Blizzard wants to "regulate" with lore, since as we know, it's how they want it, not what actual lore or timeline is.
    - Warlocks are a big no no, the whole point of Mag'har is saying a big FU to everything Demonic.