Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    I can go out and kill 20 people now surrender, and spend the rest of my life in prison with free food, free cable, free reading, free computer access, free education....
    Why don't you then? Or why won't the majority do that? Because you're not mentally ill? Then what makes you think that people who are so sick that they can justify killing other people to themselves care about potentially dying in the process?
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Let him suffer in prison rather than giving him more fame by executing him. These people feed on attention and he deserves none.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    Well i cited my reference. I am no genius. I usually research info i need and don't readily know.

here is the reference again
    https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/costs-death-penalty

Feel free to debunk the document i cited. I always enjoy learning more. But until you adequately debunk, that document seems legit to me.
    Dear sir, you can quote and give me as many documents as you want, this is more then ridiculous statement to ever accept. If you see nothing wrong with it, well nothing i can do for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    Why don't you then? Or why won't the majority do that? Because you're not mentally ill? Then what makes you think that people who are so sick that they can justify killing other people to themselves care about potentially dying in the process?
    The desire to kill others mass shooting or otherwise is NOT a damned Mental Illness. People like you and others are the reason why Mass Shootings are declared a Mental Illness issue.

If by that logic, then EVERY person who committed murder in any fashion is a Mentally Ill person.... People who kill others have an evil in their hearts and minds, that is NOT mental illness it is just a need to kill. They know it is wrong but they wish to do so anyway. They MAKE that choice KNOWING it is wrong. That is a Decision and needs to be Punished.

So if I had decided to go out and commit mass murder and surrender, knowing that the decision was wrong, you would call me mentally ill correct? I mean you said it yourself....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    No. Let him suffer in prison rather than giving him more fame by executing him. These people feed on attention and he deserves none.
    Umm you do realize that he will get far more attention through a drawn out trial, months of appeals....... the attention he will get from other cell mates........ So if you really want to feed his desire for attention go ahead and let him live. You are giving him exactly what he craves, the rest of his life knowing that he ended the lives of 17 others, knowing that we will talk him up for the next year or so, knowing that the families of those he killed will never heal from this............ and people like you will continue to talk about him and his actions for another few months to come.

Or...... you could kill him now..... end the sensationalize of him through news social media and forums like here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    What does it solve really. Doesn't erase the fact that he killed that many people.

Not advocating torture, but death just seems like a really easy way out for somebody who caused so much suffering.
    Because he's a danger to society....what if he escapes prison? Not saying he could or would, but it's still a possibility. The death penalty should only be used in extreme cases...and this unfortunately is one of them.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Because he's a danger to society....what if he escapes prison? Not saying he could or would, but it's still a possibility. The death penalty should only be used in extreme cases...and this unfortunately is one of them.
    No one is saying he won't get the death penalty. He very much might. Florida does have the capital punishment.

If he pleads insanity though, and wins, i am not sure the state has the right to kill the insane.

People who kill others have an evil in their hearts and minds.
    Nuff said, lol. A mentally stable person will not go and murder someone. Instead of advocating ignorance why not educate yourself regarding mental problems and how a society functions and has functioned at large? If you actually went out and murdered someone then I can bet you all the money in the world there are some underlying issues in your head (and no, 'evil in your heart' is not a valid reason, it is your subjective opinion). You won't just wake up one day and instead of making an omelette decide to go on a killing spree without a reason or desire to do so.
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nuff said, lol. A mentally stable person will not go and murder someone. Instead of advocating ignorance why not educate yourself regarding mental problems and how a society functions and has functioned at large? If you actually went out and murdered someone then I can bet you all the money in the world there are some underlying issues in your head (and no, 'evil in your heart' is not a valid reason, it is your subjective opinion). You won't just wake up one day and instead of making an omelette decide to go on a killing spree without a reason or desire to do so.
    Insanity or mental incompetency is a severe form of mental illness and is addressed separately by the legal system. Inmates who are insane, that is, so out of touch with reality that they do not know right from wrong and cannot understand their punishment or the purpose of it, are exempt from execution. The Supreme Court held in Ford v. Wainwright (477 U.S. 399 (1986)) that executing the insane is unconstitutional. However, if an inmate's mental competency has been restored, he or she can then be executed. Inmates who are intellectually disabled (mentally retarded) also cannot be executed. Inmates who are mentally ill, but not insane, have no such exemption.

As someone who already is already dealing with his own mental illnesses I do have a degree of experience and and am far from ignorant of the difficulties of Mental Illness. We have dealt with murder since the dawn of time and only in the past 60ish years has it finally been classified as mental illness.

So in your opinion, Cops are mentally Ill when they shoot unarmed suspects? In your opinion, a man killing his wifes lover is suffering mental illness? A man just walking up to some one and killing them for looking at them wrong is mentally Ill..... In your opinion ALL deaths committed are crimes of Mental Illness?

Evil exists in ALL hearts of man and woman........ So are WE ALL mentally Ill??? Just because someone evil kills someone does not declare them mentally ill. Just as you think my opinion is subjective, so in the end is yours. We all have problems in our lives, but only a select few choose to commit acts of murder.... They know just as we do that murder is WRONG yet they choose to do so. That is not mental illness that is choice. They choose to do it.

Insanity or mental incompetency is a severe form of mental illness and is addressed separately by the legal system. Inmates who are insane, that is, so out of touch with reality that they do not know right from wrong and cannot understand their punishment or the purpose of it, are exempt from execution. The Supreme Court held in Ford v. Wainwright (477 U.S. 399 (1986)) that executing the insane is unconstitutional. However, if an inmate's mental competency has been restored, he or she can then be executed. Inmates who are intellectually disabled (mentally retarded) also cannot be executed. Inmates who are mentally ill, but not insane, have no such exemption.
    Okay, let me put it that way - the fact that some states still exercise capital punishment shows that instead of dealing with the root of problems and offering free and accessible healthcare, it is easier for them just to handle the consequences. Never once I said that I support any kind of death penalty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course he should get the death penalty. The deputy who didn’t go help should also receive the death penalty.

As someone who already is already dealing with his own mental illnesses I do have a degree of experience and and am far from ignorant of the difficulties of Mental Illness. We have dealt with murder since the dawn of time and only in the past 60ish years has it finally been classified as mental illness.

So in your opinion, Cops are mentally Ill when they shoot unarmed suspects? In your opinion, a man killing his wifes lover is suffering mental illness? A man just walking up to some one and killing them for looking at them wrong is mentally Ill..... In your opinion ALL deaths committed are crimes of Mental Illness?

Evil exists in ALL hearts of man and woman........ So are WE ALL mentally Ill??? Just because someone evil kills someone does not declare them mentally ill. Just as you think my opinion is subjective, so in the end is yours. We all have problems in our lives, but only a select few choose to commit acts of murder.... They know just as we do that murder is WRONG yet they choose to do so. That is not mental illness that is choice. They choose to do it.
    Basically, I cannot take you very seriously if you think that rather than having biochemical reasons, some just have 'evil in their hearts' (hint: read some academic literature to get an idea where we stand in terms of neuropsychology vs 'evil in hearts' - 'Psychopaths also show diminished inhibitory control, a deficit that may contribute to their impulsive behavior, especially in the context of violence (Blair, 2008; Blair and Cipolotti, 2000; Kiehl, 2006)' and 'recent studies of patients with severe deficits in emotional processing [i.e. fronto-temporal dementia (FTD) and individuals with bilateral damage to the ventral medial prefrontal cortex (VMPC)], show a highly selective, but significant deficit in moral judgment (Ciaramelli et al., 2007; Koenigs et al., 2007)' but feel free to explore yourself).

Also, there's a huge difference between having violent tendencies and going on a killing spree - but yes, often the first can also point to some issues with mental health (might be just temporary problems that could and should be addressed). I think you also get confused when people suggest dealing with the root causes and form an opinion that they somehow defend the offenders. If murdering was just an easy choice then a lot more people would do it - that person had previous suicide attempts, violent tendencies, and went on a killing spree in a state very possibly knowing he will get a death sentence. You really think he just 'had an evil in his heart' and not some mental issues that could have been alleviated beforehand with proper care (like institutionalisation)? Instead of advocating for more lax gun laws, your country should focus on offering free and accessible health-care for everyone (and I won't get tired of repeating it).
    Last edited by Mlz; 2018-02-25 at 11:30 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    Of course he should get the death penalty. The deputy who didn’t go help should also receive the death penalty.
    are you out of your mind. You would kill people just because they exert caution. This ain't GTA.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    "TheEaterofSouls" is your alt account?
    And btw.: I cannot watch videos where I'm right now, can you provide a text based source?
    no. i have no idea who this poster is.

By law, he will be released as a free man, because of his sickness.

Should someone who commits murder deserve freedom after rehab? Or should they rot in prison the rest of their lives? Should the conditions of said prison be comfortable? Or painful?

Donate his brain to science and his other organs to people on the transplant waiting list

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post
    Donate his brain to science and his other organs to people on the transplant waiting list
    People with severe psychological problems are a bit easier to study when they're alive. I don't know how much your dead brain still functions, but for most it doesn't.

Nope, only account. 6 years old account too.

It's a documentary about a humane prison in norway designed to rehabilitate criminals. Admittedly, i don't think anyone care to rehabilitate the florida shooter, he's getting locked up for life.

But someone was asking about what country have decent accommodation for prisoners.
    Not me.
    I asked TheEaterofSouls specifically to list the countries that supposedly give convicted mass murderers luxury treatment while letting them live a normal life.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    None of that stuff from those other countries where they give them all these luxury treatment or let him live a normal life.
    I also asked them to list their sources, because I suspect they have none.

Note that is was about "normal life", "luxury treatments" and "mass murderers".
    Not about "humane prisons with decent accomodations designed to rehabilitate criminals".
    Or is your definition of "decent accomodations for criminals" a five star beach resort?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Not me.
    I asked TheEaterofSouls specifically to list the countries that supposedly give convicted mass murderers luxury treatment while letting them live a normal life.

I also asked them to list their sources, because I suspect they have none.

Note that is was about "normal life", "luxury treatments" and "mass murderers".
    Not about "humane prisons with decent accomodations designed to rehabilitate criminals".
    Or is your definition of "decent accomodations for criminals" a five star beach resort?
    A prison still is a prison man. What do you expect. If memory serves, there are mass shooters (only injured, 0 victim), and murderers (don't know about mass murderers) in that prison.

in any case, it's just a question on how low we are willing to sink to satisfy our desire for revenge.