438. This poll is closed
  • Yes

44 10.05%
  • Nope

394 89.95%
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    So you get to decide where to draw the line? It doesn't work like that. It's either copy paste or it isn't. If you add anything at all, including LFR is immediately justified.

- - - Updated - - -

Why is that the case? You might feel that way but Blizzard as a company is all about profit. They wont build something this massive without thinking about profits. Your nostalgia alone wont bring in the cash.
    The idea that they are at all bothering to entertain the idea by bringing back vanilla with a separate team makes me think that this might not exclusively be about the profits, but heritage.

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    Ofc this is bait. But sure I would not mind LFR in classic. But they will not nerf bosses then. Sure vanilla did not really have any tacs anyway on fights but it is just fun to see headless chickens running around, wiping for hours.
    Most rotations are brain dead. Tank and spank. Some bosses die in less than a minute and you spend 80% of raid time killing trash. You literally spend more time killing some trash packs than bosses themselves.

Releasing LFR would ease this annoying waste of time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nheme View Post
    The idea that they are at all bothering to entertain the idea by bringing back vanilla with a separate team makes me think that this might not exclusively be about the profits, but heritage.
    So you're telling me the company decided to lose money on purpose. That's very naive of you. They are going to milk it so hard retail WoW will pale in comparison. Especially after the first year.

Expect cash shops and insane amounts of pay to win mechanics.

Most rotations are brain dead. Tank and spank. Some bosses die in less than a minute and you spend 80% of raid time killing trash. You literally spend more time killing some trash packs than bosses themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

So you're telling me the company decided to lose money on purpose. That's very naive of you. They are going to milk it so hard retail WoW will pale in comparison. Especially after the first year.

Why not ask about reducing trash and increase trash-respawn timers instead? I bet more people would be willing to at least entertain that idea than bringing a retail-tool into vanilla.

Deleted
    This is the same idiot who wanted Guilds removed, just leave the troll alone

- - - Updated - - -

Explain why on earth they would bother making Starcraft Remastered. For profits I bet they could find better options to put their money into.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zandara View Post
    LFR and LFD are two of the worst "improvements" ever added to wow. They destroyed the social fabric of this game and are just toxic cesspools.

Before LFR and LFD you had to get to know people on your realm. Make friends, have a reputation (no ninja looting!). Then you could easily form up groups.

Those connections between people is what made classic so great.

It's also why this Wow Classic will fail. No one today really wants it. They think they do, but they don't really. Because classic was great because of the people you played with at that time. You can't recapture that 15 years later
    LFD is one of the best things added to WoW. Who in their Mind wants to spend 30min+ searching for People ???? What was so social about that annoying Shit ?? in that Time you could have done half the Instance or clear it even

Classic is classic and should be released like it. but dont blame the lack of social interaction on LFD... the Players decide if they wanna talk or not

5+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

A business can make money off a product even if the main product doesnt break even. Even if Classic itself becomes a net-loss in terms of return on investment it can still be a worthy enterprise by generating good will, old returning customers that get exposed to new products and generate income to the company.

tldr. Business is more complex than you make it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    LFD is one of the best things added to WoW. Who in their Mind wants to spend 30min+ searching for People ???? What was so social about that annoying Shit ?? in that Time you could have done half the Instance or clear it even

Classic is classic and should be released like it. but dont blame the lack of social interaction on LFD... the Players decide if they wanna talk or not
    LFD encourage anti-social behavour and that is the core issue of LFD and LFR.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    LFD encourage anti-social behavour and that is the core issue of LFD and LFR.
    You can't control how people choose to use the game-features. You can try but freewill means people play the way they want and decide to the degree they want to be social when playing multiplayer games. LFD makes it easier to get in contact, that's it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    there was one in vanilla. at the meeting stones. then they put it on inkeepers too. nobody used it but it was there.
    Started playing last month of vanilla and this is the first time I hear about this innkeeper thing... I'd join a custom channel some used but most of the time you'd go to the cities and shout every minute till you had what you were looking for or did something else.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    Nice bait and switch. Like a true politician.

"These purists dont want changes - Ergo, they hate blind people".

As a purist myself, I have no problem with adding colorblind support. I dont think there is one single purist that would be against that.
    Not really. I've genuinely spoken to people who would be against that.

Don't underestimate how crazy some people are.

Never said you were all like that either. So don't put words in my mouth please.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-02-25 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post

leaving social interaction up to the players they will choose the path of least resistance every time... well most of them will.

thats why the game itself should push players into it . by force. sitting and interacting with menus and queues kills the community aspect of anything in the game. you know it to be true. dont deny that at least.

One of the things I hate is LFR. Never, would ruin the old feel of looking for actual group, traveling etc.
    Despite it being annoying from time to time, I liked that aspect, felt more of like an real adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylista6 View Post
    WHAT?

Hell No. LFR, and the Dungeon Finder utterly destroyed the necessity that was your reputation as a player on any given server. My fondest memories of the early game is being known as a good raider and a good raid leader, and would have like-minded and similarly skilled individuals jump at the opportunity to join "my" pug raids. Reputation on your server mattered back then, and it is something that helped distinguish you from the crowd.
    Take off the rose tinted glasses. This did not happen. Players did not have reputations. Some players just had such out of control egos they mistook peoples willingness to put up with them for the duration of a pug with respect.

Looking for Raid is the perfect fit for Classic WoW.

Who doesn't remember those long nights trying to find a group in vanilla WoW? We all have been there. But this is 2018 and Classic WoW isn't supposed to be the World of Warcraft of 2005.

Nowadays we have access to such a great array of technology and improvements in the current iteration of WoW that we can definitely improve our beloved Vanilla WoW and turn it into a 2018 masterpiece.

For this to happen, LFR needs to be included. Most people that will end up playing will be people that played it in the past. We're not children anymore. Especially as adults we understand the importance of compromise. Compromise is very important even in our daily lifes.

People rarely see eye to eye so compromises are made so both parties remain happy. Looking for Raid is the perfect compromise. Implement LFR and keep all other changes out. (for now atleast)

As a reasonable person I understand that people value nostalgia. But this quality also enables me to understand that nostalgia doesn't make the game a success long term.
    LFR isn't needed the bosses are already pretty much qualify as lfr now.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    These polls have been done over and over. We already know the results.
    Here's the big one:
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F.../viewanalytics
    Just proves the hypocrisy and misrepresentation of reality. No to summoning stones and even LFD. I bet the majority mistook LFD for LFG-TP but it's impossible to tell. People don't want to run to BG-portals but want to run to dungeon portals... what??? From what I can tell the majority wants vanilla for the PvP experience and to be jerks to each other. "If I wanna do a BG I shouldn't have to deal with wPvP, that's no fun and a waste of my time. Wasting hours of other peoples time is fine however"
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    No LFG, yes Premade Group Maker. Keep's chat a bit more clean.

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    No LFG, yes Premade Group Maker. Keep's chat a bit more clean.
    there was one in vanilla i keep telling you guys. it just used the meeting stone to queue. later they made it so you could queue at an inkeeper. nobody used it cause staring at in game menus is a terrible way to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    That'd be a good way to make sure nobody plays it

LFR and CRZ are the total cancer of WoW. Both should never have existed and should never exist in classic. It's just not classic with these terrible features. Anyone who think otherwise is an utter moron and a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    an mmorpgs main job is to put people in a position that they will group up and form the community. it being relegated to a server kept people together and in line. making things cross realm put a dagger into that.

the group finder itself wouldve been sorta fine even though it took out alot of the social aspect of making groups.

lfr would even be sorta fine but like the group finder it takes out the social aspect of making groups. that and the lowering of the difficulty of the raids where a group of cats running across keyboards could do it is a problem.
    There is nothing magically 'social' about making a group, the socialization happens while being IN the content, not making it. And again it is not up to the game to 'make' people social or form communities, that is and always has been up to the players.

And on the remote chance this is a legit ask, no , LFR does not need to be in classic, it simply does not fit and is not needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking for Raid is the perfect fit for Classic WoW.

Who doesn't remember those long nights trying to find a group in vanilla WoW? We all have been there. But this is 2018 and Classic WoW isn't supposed to be the World of Warcraft of 2005.

Nowadays we have access to such a great array of technology and improvements in the current iteration of WoW that we can definitely improve our beloved Vanilla WoW and turn it into a 2018 masterpiece.

For this to happen, LFR needs to be included. Most people that will end up playing will be people that played it in the past. We're not children anymore. Especially as adults we understand the importance of compromise. Compromise is very important even in our daily lifes.

People rarely see eye to eye so compromises are made so both parties remain happy. Looking for Raid is the perfect compromise. Implement LFR and keep all other changes out. (for now atleast)

As a reasonable person I understand that people value nostalgia. But this quality also enables me to understand that nostalgia doesn't make the game a success long term.

Yes it is, that's the ENTIRE POINT of these servers, to once again play the exact same game we have with 0 changes.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail