Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    yes simply on the spec deisign, from the four specs i spent time on demo/afflic, resto/elemental they all feel like half done.

the pixel map, various bugged quests, these are things I would expect from alpha.
    Last edited by Stormspellz; 2018-02-25 at 07:46 PM.

you could give the class design team 15 years from legion launch until now and they will give you the same result for bfa. delaying the expac won't do anything if their design philosophy stays the same. don't forget that legion alpha feedback we gave 2 years ago is still valid (and still being asked for) for bfa alpha classes. they've had 2 years of feedback and their intent stays the same, delaying wouldn't do anything.

Lets delay it 3 years so we can all sit here and enjoy the masterpiece that is antorus.

/sarcasm

They added allied races!

Those dirty bastards, how dare they add things new!
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

7+ Year Old Account
    I said it before Blizzard said it; Don't throw expansions out too fast, they're not gonna be good. WOD is one example of this, which they admitted to even. You rush things = nothing good will come of it. Rather take time....delay it...make sure it's a god damn masterpiece when it relases! Then people will appreciate it more! So yes, i'm more than happy to wait a long time for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    They added allied races!

Those dirty bastards, how dare they add things new!
    people hate this game. but they play this game. makes sense.

Time wouldn't be a factor on improving class design. It is objectively speaking difficult to ever say what the correct design is to the devs. Often, they will release everything in what they may describe as a good place. Telling them to take an extra few months may yield literally zero changes from what would have been put forth earlier.

I would argue classes(at least for the classes/specs that I play) got better as the expansion went on, specifically 7.2.5. But to your original point, time just isn't the issue. The people making the choices and having different ideas is the issue. Legion had by far more class development time than in any previous alpha, and still had many complaints and many specs went through many iterations.

The more harsh reality at this point is that it is incredibly unlikely for your ideal version of a spec to ever come forth. There are a lot of ideas, and there will always be unhappy people calling for changes regardless of what the team puts out. Play different things, see what you like and what you don't. Because while you may not like what one spec is doing, there will(hopefully) always be at least one spec that you enjoy playing.
    Last edited by Rilas13; 2018-02-25 at 10:58 PM.

It will not be delayed even if it's not ready, just look at how they released Demon Hunter with just two specs and a bullshit excuse.

This community is beyond words.

Deleted
    Classes are already better than in Legion and theres 6 months to go. No, i don't think they should delay it. Theres plenty of time. There was plenty of time in Legion aswell, they just didn't give a damn about the feedback.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Already better than in Legion?

What are you smoking?

BfA classes are gutted. Nothing made baseline. Complete removal of Artifacts, Legendaries and some extra baseline abilities.

Classic Blizzard White Knight.
    Cmon, be fair... compare these to the same stage in Legion, not these to full artifact,set bonuses and legendaries at the end of the expansion.

Also, baseless accusations when you don't even know me eh? You must be fun.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-02-26 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    I somewhat like the idea of the allied races...having said that I don't much like the way that some are going to be unlocked. If they offer heritage armor for every one most people are going to feel the need to relevel just to get it and that just sets back the endgame
    say that now, but whats to stop blizz adding them as micro transactions later on mid expansion, instead of tying them to content
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Deleted
    Be fair?

Do you not recall how bad the 7.0 pre-patch was without Artifacts? The gutted state all specs were in?

We are basically returning to that point but worse - they've taken more baseline abilities away and turned them into talents - All they have done is return 1-2 utility spells and a shitty raid buff.

The kicker is that you also aren't getting something on the scale of the Artifact to fix the specs. You're getting a necklace with no active ability and way less traits.

Use your brain or educate yourself.
    Dude, you are talking out of your rear end.

Several specs have already been redesigned in BfA, and it IS better than the gutted state Legion was at the same time.

Also, you know nothing about me cause i have heavily criticised their Legion class design and the Legion expansion itself. So, you are really out of line. You know nothing about me and you know nothing about what you are talking about.

If you want to be negative just to express your frustration, go do it at the devs.

But it is a fact that specs like Survival, demonology, Retribution, Destruction, windwalker, for example are already showing promise compared to the husks they presented in the Legion alpha where the talent tree's were as well designed as a 2 years olds drawing.
    This is a FACT. Also, azerite gear isn't in the game yet, nor is the heart of azeroth implemented. Stop assuming you know what it will be like. So, maybe you should use your brain and wait until the redesigns are further ahead and the azerite gear in place.

If you really must then go do it to the official forums or dev twitters. They might listen to you there.

Now, saying the xpac needs to be delayed because of class design when theres still 6 months to go is plain ignorance. Theres plenty of time for them to do whatever they want. More dev time won't change what they want to do.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-02-26 at 02:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Classes in Legion are absolute pruned, gutted dogshit that are somewhat fixed/ironed out by Artifacts and Legendaries.

What happens when you take all of that away in BfA and then prune some more?

That's right.

Dogshit.
    "The part of my class that doesn't include this awesome new feature that we know next to nothing about that affects my class a ton is dogshit"

k

so

can we please wait on these threads until we can datamine the azerite shit and THEN bitch? It won't make a difference, they're prob gonna ignore your bitching since theres no azerite armor in our views.

so like all we're doing is bitching at each other.

*Alpha is out for a few weeks and players are flipping out over class balancing that's still months away from anything resembling a launch product.*

It's amazing how much vitriol and hate towards every single thing in the game people on this forum spew.

The funny thing is that when you actually log in to the game, everyone is positive and just happy playing the content and loving the game. It's like two different worlds. Reading anything on mmo champion starts to become unbearable. The thread where people post their mount drops seems to be the last place where anyone is actually happy about anything at all.

Honestly, I don't mind waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    It should be canceled. Allied Races will become next cancer of this game like LFG and catch up system.
    Every time I think I've seen the silliest thing that's supposed to be the cause of the decline of WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Classes in Legion are absolute pruned, gutted dogshit that are somewhat fixed/ironed out by Artifacts and Legendaries.

What happens when you take all of that away in BfA and then prune some more?

That's right.

Dogshit.
    There is also a new UI in BfA that looks way more simple than the one we have one now, almost reminds me of a MOBA. This only shows that they are happy with the number of buttons and will most likely not ever make classes great or at least decent again (#MoPClassDesign).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hyperewok1 View Post
    *Alpha is out for a few weeks and players are flipping out over class balancing that's still months away from anything resembling a launch product.*
    People like you were saying this during Legion Alpha/Beta too but the classes ended up the same despite people giving great feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    It's amazing how much vitriol and hate towards every single thing in the game people on this forum spew.

The funny thing is that when you actually log in to the game, everyone is positive and just happy playing the content and loving the game. It's like two different worlds. Reading anything on mmo champion starts to become unbearable. The thread where people post their mount drops seems to be the last place where anyone is actually happy about anything at all.
    I agree. People hate everything on the forums.
    The funny part is that when i truly hate something i simply stop playing it.. Move on. But no, they keep coming to the forums just to hate everything.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Deleted
    Good. At least we can agree on something.

HoA example displayed at Blizzcon:

Billy needs to decide whether he wants to get out of the fire faster or take less damage from the fire. His choices are -

1. +% to ghost wolf speed.

2. +% damage reduction on astral shift.

This was literally the example shown at Blizzcon - if you are showing off your EXCITING new system why would you show off boring % based passives like that unless that is.... literally what we're getting.

They clearly believe their Legion class design was a good "base" because the HoA is not going to add anything exciting.

No new 120 ability. No new 120 talent row. Removal of full artifact traits, legendaries an an active ability. Plus removal of other baseline spells.

^How is a necklace with % based passives going to fix this?
    They change their minds. They gave an example but it doesn't mean it will only be passives. Once the first Azerite gear hits the alpha/beta and it's still just passive changes then go ballistic on them.

Really, i agree with you, there should at least be one new talent row with the 3 best legendary effects perspec in legion. Like the legion talent row.

But, none of this requires significant extra dev time like i tried to say in my post. It requires will from the devs.