Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    You mean being prejudice isn't racist now?
    You're not being prejudiced by knowing what you find attractive and what you do not find attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    If they're nice they can be my friend but I'm not going to date someone I don't find attractive.
    That's alright. Everyone has their own standards.

I don't understand why people get their panties in a twist because of someone not finding someone attractive for any reason, what does it even matter to you?
    Because people will be people. If only we lived in a world where everyone is minding their own business. Then again, that might bring completely different problems. Which is why we have both kinds of people. And both kinds of problems... It's best not to think hard about it.

No shallow is a term used to describe people who judge people on based on superficial things.

Yeah it doesn't matter if it's an important part of a relationship it doesn't stop you being shallow.
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting a partner that is physically attractive, I don't know why you think it is wrong. Using the term shallow implies that it's wrong to have standards.

You are but I have the feeling that you have no interest in not being prejudiced and have more interest in convincing yourself that you're a good person
    How is it prejudiced to know what you find attractive?

The is nothing wrong with wanting a partner you find attractive. There is something wrong with not judging it on an individual basis
    I don't need to see every single person with dark skin to know that they do nothing for me. I've seen enough of them through my life to know this. Just as I don't need to see every single fat person to know that I don't find fat people attractive.

When you judge people you don't know or have never seen lol
    That doesn't really make any sense. If I know what is attractive and what is not, how is that prejudice?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke
    No there is something very creepy about it. I'd date a 50 year old. But it does not stop the fact that a 50 year old wanting to date me being creepy.
    Preferences are simply preferences, yet you're using age to create arbitrary standards. Skin tone is not race, that's a purely cosmetic issue that you're attempting to cast as race. Me, as you can see by the avatar, I like 14 year olds. It is a cold, cruel lonely world that I am judged just by numbers.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

I'd be fine with that if youd at least admit to being shallow instead of pretending you're not an awful person with obvious prejudices.
    Using shallow in regards to attraction is rather stupid because it implies that people can't have standards for how they want their partner to look without it being bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    Why would they be attacked for not wanting to date an overweight girl. Isn`t that human nature.

As for your other examples, they`re obviously racist if they are excluding multiple races like that.
    Not really sexual preference isn't something you can really decide. A white guy who only likes white girls is no different to a white guy who only likes black or Asian girls whos just the same as a black guy who only likes white girls. Which is the same as any guy who likes any girl or guy or both.

It's not a choice. It's just how your sexuality developed during early teenage years.

I'm a white guy. And Im attracted to black girls but I also like white girls Im not attracted to middle and far eastern girls. It's not something I have much control over they just don't get the response downstairs and there not much I can do about that. I also like chubby and normal body types but don't like fat and to thin body types. I have no issue with trans girls even pre op as long as there feminine enough to meet my dicks get up requirement.

Eod it's ur dick not your brain that decides these things. And dicks don't care about feelings or politics

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much .

Comparing gender and race is just trying to excuse yourself of being racist lol.
    Explain this to me.
    You do realize saying I am not sexually attracted to Asians and saying I don't like Asians is two completely different things right?
    Last edited by ghotihook; 2018-02-26 at 05:07 PM.

Deleted
    Using shallow in regards to attraction is rather stupid because it implies that people can't have standards for how they want their partner to look without it being bad.
    Thing is it's also not something you can chose. You not gonna suddenly find unwashed slobs attractive just because some one told you it's discrimination against fat dirty people with a phobia of showers.

Yes it can.
    You sound like a religious nut job here. Are you related to Pence by any chance? Conversion therapy works am i right?

As for the actual topic here's my opinion: You can have preferences, but trying to hurt others just makes you look like an asshole and I don't tolerate assholes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ojblade View Post
    socially speaking, its probably a good idea to date others regardless of anything that has some political commonality to you, goes to friends too.
    makes for less arguing.
    I agree but I do find a women with a strong will and her own mind very attractive. Some of my best relationships have been with people of totaly opposite views to me. And angry sex is amazing.

Seems like a Northan British thing to like girls with loud mouths and rolling pins there not afraid to use /shrug

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by luc54 View Post
    You sound like a religious nut job here. Are you related to Pence by any chance? Conversion therapy works am i right?

As for the actual topic here's my opinion: You can have preferences, but trying to hurt others just makes you look like an asshole and I don't tolerate assholes.
    The fact lesbians ain't attracted to me is prejudice!!!!!!!! REEEEEEEEEE

Quote Originally Posted by Laozi View Post
    I agree but I do find a women with a strong will and her own mind very attractive. Some of my best relationships have been with people of totaly opposite views to me. And angry sex is amazing.

Seems like a Northan British thing to like girls with loud mouths and rolling pins there not afraid to use /shrug
    Doesn't that result in a lot of arguments and you hating each other in the end?

Deleted
    Doesn't that result in a lot of arguments and you hating each other in the end?
    Strangely no.

I've only had 1 girl leave me in bad blood and that was my first serious one. With her I fell madly in love as you do when your young, I made every effort to make her life perfect I changed my self and my opinions to match hers, to put it simply I became a yes man. Then she decided after 2 yrs the guy in the flat next door needed his dick sucked when I was out at work. Which I did not take to well at all, a year later, a failed suicide attempt and course of anti-depresants, I vowed never to put some one else befor my happiness and I've only dated opinionated people with the same premise of self reliance since, even with different opinions, 3 so far.
    One of Africans decent went back to America after study and was a big liberal.
    the outher was a Africans Muslim who we broke it off because of her parents pushing her to get married and she wanted to appease them with her arranged thing, Our whole relationship was secret anyway and far to complicated that it wore us down.
    3rd one we decided to finish it a month or so back as we basically got bored with each outher. We were more friends than in love anyway.

But all of my friends have vastly different beliefs and opinions and we have some amazing arguments but we never let it get in the way of being friends. It's about being grown up and realising every one sees the world differently. Voice you opposition but don't expect them to change there's. And always share a pint at the end of a match

Probly tmi there but I felt it needed some detail.

Eod it's not some ones beliefs or opinions that are attractive but there individual chricture and merit. And I like some one with convictions.

It's a true measure of tolerance.
    Last edited by mmoc56f3565a46; 2018-02-26 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Punctuation!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    Judging people solely based on their weight/ height/ race/ money is a pretty shitty trait. such people are, by definition, shallow/ racist/ gold digger.
    No, it's not and no they're not.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    Not being attracted to a person is not racist, however not engaging in a relationship solely due to race is.

These are two very different things.
    There's no rational reason to be in a relationship with someone you're not attracted to so your non-point is moot.

says the person who thinks people are unattractive based on race...
    One can not be attracted to members of a specific race without being "racist".

It's narrow-minded
    No, it's not.

Comparing gender and race is just trying to excuse yourself of being racist lol.
    No, it's not. It's literally the same. I don't date men for the same reason I don't date Asian, etc, women: I don't find them attractive.

How is it not narrow minded to write off peole you've never seen as unattractive?
    "Narrow-minded" refers to an unwillingness to listen to the thoughts or opinions of others and has absolutely nothing to do with attraction or dating preferences.

Being shallow is narrow minded so...
    "Shallow" is a meaningless term people use to compensate for being rejected. There is no invalid reason for not wanting to date someone and the implication that you'd "have" to date someone lest you be labeled "shallow", "racist", etc, is, in fact, coercive in nature.

Sounds racist.
    Sounds like you're using words you don't understand again.

Because if youre 40 and thinking abut dating 18 year old son that's creepy as shit. Hell I'm 25 and I wouldn't date an 18 year old.
    That's your opinion and it's only relevant to you. What two consenting adults do is none of anyone else's business.

You mean being prejudice isn't racist now?
    You're trying to use "prejudice" and "racist" as synonyms. They're not. "Prejudice" is just bias without reason or experience. If someone has seen people from a given race, they've enough experience to know whether or not they find them attractive. So "prejudice" doesn't necessarily apply. "Racist" is a derivative of "racism", which is the belief that a given race is inferior/superior based on skin color, etc, so unless you can demonstrate that such a belief is fueling a person's preferences, it's literally not "racist", either.

No shallow is a term used to describe people who judge people on based on superficial things.
    There's nothing wrong with not dating someone because of "superficial" reasons.

Yeah it doesn't matter if it's an important part of a relationship it doesn't stop you being shallow.
    Believing that may be a part of who you are, but it doesn't stop you from sounding stupid.

When you judge people you don't know or have never seen lol
    There are enough physical characteristics derived from ethnic backgrounds for a person who's seen people of a given race to be able to determine whether or not they're attracted to them. That doesn't mean there aren't exceptions, but those are exceptions, not the rule.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2018-02-26 at 07:28 PM.

says the person who thinks people are unattractive based on race...
    You say that as if there's some universal standard for what is acceptable to be attracted to and what is not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    White people are percieved as most attractive by the majority of the population. That's a fact.
    It sucks because everyone wants to get with you.

unless your dating preferences are "I don't date (X race)" then I don't really care.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    unless your dating preferences are "I don't date (X race)" then I don't really care.
    I don't date non-white people, what now?

Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    I don't date non-white people, what now?
    ok, good luck getting me to date you then. that's my dating reference, not dating idiots.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    I fail to see how that's any different from not dating <attribute> people. Who you date is based on attraction. If you're not attracted them, you don't have to date them. What the attribute is really isn't relevant to anything.