Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Again where? Where did they say this?

I knew you'd have to complete 20-110 to obtain each respective set, but I was under the impression it was account wide after being unlocked, not limited to that race.
    It makes sense that it is limited to race only. This makes 100% sense.
    It would make less sense if you can wear a different race their set. (Same thing as wearing warlock gear as a paladin)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

So a person misses a tiny, yet crucial piece of information at a convention (not some published statement/announcement) and suddenly I can't read? Forum logic at its finest.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...d-Races?page=4

Here's a news post on the forum site you actively take part in.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=277488/7...mor-set-models

Not only that, if you literally google "Heritage armor", there's like 5 sites that state this fact in the preview.

Don't blame others because you see what you want to see

So again, nothing official beyond some presentation at Blizzcon... how DARE I miss that. SMH
    "Some presentation" lol.

Blizzcon is official.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Because clearly MISSING something and the inability to read are one in the same.

Also see https://blizzardwatch.com/2017/11/06...ge-armor-isnt/ for that whole 'not some published statement' thing.
    Not published by Blizzard. Not some fan site. and I'm the one with reading comprehension issues? I thought that was obvious.

Since when are people required to comb through every piece of fan material out there, before experiencing the game themselves. Instead of coming here with an air of helpfulness, you come here ready to crucify anyone who didn't happen to follow anything at blizzcon or read that ONE fucking article...

I think its great, would love to see them introduce something similar for existing races. Though I'm not sure how they'd have you "earn" it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    "Some presentation" lol.

Blizzcon is official.
    I thought exactly the same thing. It doesn't get anymore official than that and yet the guy is like 'lol so I missed some random thing at a convention'... SMDH.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    "Some presentation" lol.

Blizzcon is official.
    But they don't publish everything presented at Blizzcon word for word... wouldn't be much reason to buy a ticket then would there? So its entirely possible that while I may have been vaguely aware that new races were coming, and that new armor sets were attainable, that I may have missed that tiny little caveat?

OFF WITH HIS HEAD. SCUM!
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2018-02-26 at 05:24 PM.

So again, nothing official beyond some presentation at Blizzcon... how DARE I miss that. SMH
    Yep. Nothing official beyond something very official. lol.

Not published by Blizzard. Not some fan site. and I'm the one with reading comprehension issues? I thought that was obvious.

Since when are people required to comb through every piece of fan material out there, before experiencing the game themselves. Instead of coming here with an air of helpfulness, you come here ready to crucify anyone who didn't happen to follow anything at blizzcon or read that ONE fucking article...
    I reckon that gone are the days when people actually read the news at the fansites they visit...

Blizzard: "It seems some of you have brought up an oversight on our part concerning Heritage Armor designs not fitting certain class combinations. A fix is on the way"

*Removes non-plate classes from Dark Iron, non-cloth classes from Nightborne...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought exactly the same thing. It doesn't get anymore official than that and yet the guy is like 'lol so I missed some random thing at a convention'... SMDH.
    Didn't find anything here
    https://blizzcon.com

or here
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/

THAT would be pretty official. Forgive me trying to get the information straight from the source...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    I reckon that gone are the days when people actually read the news at the fansites they visit...
    I reckon its pretty unreasonable to think that people read every stitch of information available to them. I would imagine, there wouldn't be much need for a forum at all... since anything can be googled no?

Solution: Heritage Armor for all the races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    Yep. Nothing official beyond something very official. lol.
    So in order for someone to play BfA. They MUST have watched every video, and read every article published both by Blizzard and their fan sites?

That's a pretty unrealistic expectation, and quite stupid to qualify anyone's comments, questions, or opinions on the matter, based on whether or not they had.

When IN fact. I DID visit a "fansite" and it was through that "fansite" that I discovered said restriction, but I can't be surprised by that discovery, because they announced it at Blizzcon, and how DARE I not pay attention the holy proclamations and sermons told therein. Dafuq is wrong with you people.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2018-02-26 at 05:37 PM.

You make a valid point, generally speaking, but they made it clear at Blizzcon that the armor was for their intended races only.
    Indeed.

It's been a known fact since then, and people still manage to play the victim over this crap.

Deleted
    Again where? Where did they say this?

I knew you'd have to complete 20-110 to obtain each respective set, but I was under the impression it was account wide after being unlocked, not limited to that race.

I don’t understand what you want, why would you equip a troll with the highmountain heritage set it would make no sense and look ridiculous, they’re themed for each race and aren’t appropriate for anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Wait, wait wait. So, you come in to complain that something called "heritage" armor wasn't explicitly stated as being "heritage" specific AND you ask us to prove otherwise. We do, and you put it back on us that YOU were unable to find this on your own?

.... I just don't even know anymore. My ignore list on this site is starting to look like the one I have in game. Sheesh!
    You act as though "heritage" armor is an existing armor type and I should be familiar with its functionality. The word heritage doesn't suggest that it would/should be specific to a given race. Perhaps if you'd look at the broader definition of the word, rather than the narrow definition you are using to convey your snarky attitude, or are you committing the same unforgivable sin and not using google.

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    I don’t understand what you want, why would you equip a troll with the highmountain heritage set it would make no sense and look ridiculous, they’re themed for each race and aren’t appropriate for anything else.
    But im Tauren......

I reckon its pretty unreasonable to think that people read every stitch of information available to them. I would imagine, there wouldn't be much need for a forum at all... since anything can be googled no?
    Forums are for discussion, the front page is for news.

And on the subject of googling: Googling "WoW heritage Armor" pulls up two WoWhead articles, one which says specifically that Heritage Armor is Race-exclusive and another that mentions PTR additions with a small section about Heritage armor being added and a link to the first article, two different wiki articles on heritage armor, one being more clear on heritage armor being race specific than the other, and two reddit posts of people asking questions about heritage armor... and in said questions indicate an awareness that it is race-specific.

Again: it's not something that has been intentionally hidden. It's been known, reported on, and discussed since Blizzcon by many people. If it's a landmine you think you dodged then it is despite the sign and fencing around said landmine telling you about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    When has that stopped anyone? From the looks of it much of BfA has very troll looking armor... since when does looking ridiculous dictate design? There are several shaman sets that look as though they were made specifically for trolls, and yet... there are 6 (7 now) other races that can be shaman.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    But like, how is this concept new?
    Remember any tier set ever?
    Only works for a class (recolor offpieces aside, which are armor class-restricted anyway).
    So instead of a class-restricted set, it's a race-restricted set.

Your human paladin can wear pally T6, but my LF priest cannot.
    Should I be enraged that I leveled a Priest then?
    No, because it was explicit from the jump that, if I were to level any non-paladin, that I cannot wear paladin armor.