Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I have not played Breath of the Wild. I do not own the system for it. It looks good though.
    That said - my list:

1st - Ocarina of Time
    2nd - A link to the Past
    3rd - Twilight Princess

I ranked these in the amounts of fun I had with the game when it was current. I mean I grew up with The Legend of Zelda on the NES and The Adventures of Link, but those did not compare in fun of the ones I wrote down.
    Skyward Sword I have too. But while I did have a bit of fun, I do not even consider it a Zelda game. It is so linear. Visiting the same area time and again. Having an invincibility potion?? Skyward Sword is for me by far the worst and easiest of all the Zelda's I have ever played. And I was so excited for it when I got it first.

7+ Year Old Account
    Link's crossbow training. I still got the crossbow-shaped wii remote holder.

Top 3 Zelda games would be...

1. Majoras Mask. Charming to play and more fun than Ocarina imo although a subjective opinion.

2. Phantom Hourglass. Nice little portable game and uses similar graphics to the Wind Waker which I loved.

3. The Legend of Zelda 2. Dunno why but when I started collecting this was one of the first NES games that came into my possession and I really enjoyed it. I don't know why but I preferred it over the first 1 despite it being a different kind of perspective.

I've probably changed this list countless times but Majoras will probably always be my best Zelda game for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by redfinale View Post
    Guessing you forgot the plot of Majora's Mask then. Don't think anything beats the moon crashing down, causing Armageddon, in seriousness.

On that note, Majora's Mask was my favorite. Even if most of their abilities were just your old equipment tied into it (boomerang fins or a megaton hammer slam), the ability to become the races you've met before was pretty fucking cool. I'd have to go with Twilight Princess or Breath of the Wild after that. Ocarina might have been hard to top in terms of what it was as a game, but TP and BotW i think did a phenomenal job.
    Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess seem to have different types of a seriousness to it.

MM has a guillotine hanging over the worlds head which can keep being reset to it's highest point, but the mood of the world is unsettling (the inhabitants take the situation really weirdly. It's as if they are aware of what is happening, but keep going on with their life).

While TP has a wide spread serious story with a lot going on. An invasive race of shadow demon things, village raids, really unsettling creatures and places (looking at you, frozen mansion and yeti thing), etc.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

BoTW / Ocarina of Time

Oracle of Ages close 3rd.

1.) Ocarina of Time ( a lot of it is nostalgia I think, but it was so epic at the time. Still feels that way when I revisit it.)

2.) Twilight Princess - I liked the dark tone to it

3.) Majora's Mask - was a lot of fun, but like someone else said I felt it was really unsettling how the people knew what was happening but just continued on with this lives.

I really like Breath of the Wild too, but not enough for it to break into the top 3. BotW was just so different.

7+ Year Old Account
    Zelda 2 on the NES.

YEAH I SAID IT.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I like the world and characters of the Zelda games but can’t stand the games them self, I’d have to say twilight is my favourite of them All though A big fan of minda.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's hard choice between Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess.

I played through Ocarina of Time SO MANY times as a kid I could even remember the amount of times. I'd say at the very least 10 times. I LOVED that game and I still do. I know that game like the back of my hand.

I was so excited for Twilight Princess that I watched the E3 trailer on this E3 DVD I had over and over on my old portable DVD player in bed. It was basically my dream Zelda game. I've always wanted one that looked more realistic where Link had actual armor and the graphics weren't so bright and colorful like in OoT. I bought TP on both Wii and Gamecube and I LOVED it and I still do today.

OoT and TP are among 2 of the 4 Zelda games I could play through over and over again. Majora's Mask and Wind Waker are the other two. I think though when it boils down to it I'd say Twilight Princess is my all time favorite Zelda game just because it's basically what I always wanted out of a Zelda game. I love the art style and the music so much too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Majora's Mask because of the atmosphere of the game. But to be fair I stopped playing Zelda games after Wind Waker

10+ Year Old Account
    A tie between Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time, and Twilight Princess on GameCube.

Twilight Princess on Wii might have had a better chance if you could disable that extremely annoying sound effect the pointer makes when moving.

I haven't actually finished Majora's Mask yet.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Link to the Past. Period the end.

Guilty pleasure are handheld games like the Minish cap because they're mobile/easy to play and still offer the ultimate Zelda experience.

I think Skyward Sword is the best game though. The controls were pretty fucking cool and defined the Wii (except for Wii sports) to me. It's like that niche that VR is now, but back then. I also liked playing it and exploring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Guilty pleasure are handheld games like the Minish cap because they're mobile/easy to play and still offer the ultimate Zelda experience.

I think Skyward Sword is the best game though. The controls were pretty fucking cool and defined the Wii (except for Wii sports) to me. It's like that niche that VR is now, but back then. I also liked playing it and exploring.

Did you like the game because of the controls or because of the storyline, and gameplay overall?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ocarina of Time > Majora's Mask > BotW
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Deleted
    Never played that weeb shit

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Played most of them besides skysword since I lacked that system
    Twilight princess, and a link to the past thou are my favs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post

I played ridiculous amount of Link's Awakening when I was in middle school and as a teenager. I used to go through it every weekend and without dying just to see that woman in between the wings instead of empty wings. The Game Boy Pocket sparked my interest in it again, as well as the Game Boy Color and Link's Awakening DX resulted in more playthroughs.

I wish I could like Skyward sword, but the motion controls combined with the SD resolution killed my interest.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2018-02-26 at 07:09 PM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Hey everyone, this topic is for those who love the Zelda series! so yeah which one is your favorite?

For me it's a tie between original Ocarina of Time and Breath of the Wild.

Discuss please and thanks for reading.
    A Link to the Past. By far.

For me there's nothing even close. ALTTP might be my GOAT video game. Music, mystique, puzzles, challenge, secrets... but especially music. The music, scoring, and orchestration (for an SNES game) was simply incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Zelda 2 on the NES.

YEAH I SAID IT.
    I'm ok with this. Unmatched by anything else in the series as far as pure 'skill' challenge. When I was a kid (I played the original Legend of Zelda at launch!) I played through Zelda I and Zelda II... and always went back to Zelda II because I enjoyed it more. I never understood the hate.
    Last edited by Leadsop; 2018-02-26 at 07:12 PM.
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

OoT, stopped playing Zelda games after Majora's Mask.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance