Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Space travelling Space Goats are way worse imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    The biggest tumor on this setting are the players.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Yeah I really don't want them to be from the AU. Just scrap that idea and say they're Mag'har Orcs from Outland, please.
    Time for a petition :>

Quote Originally Posted by Byucknah The Red View Post
    Explain Gul'dan

That aside though, in terms of WoD... You can dislike it all you want, you can flat out hate it, but it happened and there is nothing you can ever do about it. No matter what you say, no matter what you think, in the back of your mind you will know that it happened and that stain will never wash away no matter how hard you try to banish the thought.

It can not be undone
    There was never an Alt!Gul'dan. Kil'jaeden killed Varian and Elisande was the final boss of the Nighthold.

10+ Year Old Account
    But the Outland ones are boring, and unremarkable. They're all the same. They're basically just orcs, but red. Same wolf-riding, noble-savage stuff as the greenskins, same everything. Unless we're talking fel orcs, which I would be all for, but we're not.

Iron Horde is rad and has a diverse range of appearances that would be great to have as playable options. I'm not in a hurry to revisit the dumber time-travel elements of WoD, but I would love to have the Iron Horde back, as part of Horde Prime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Iron Horde is rad and has a diverse range of appearances that would be great to have as playable options. I'm not in a hurry to revisit the dumber time-travel elements of WoD, but I would love to have the Iron Horde back, as part of Horde Prime.
    There is justification for most WoD appearances to be available to a hypothetical Mag'har allied race. Garadar alone had Frostwolf, Warsong, Bleeding Hollow and Blackrock Orcs.

If it's the tech you want (Which judging by the heritage armor and mount, we aren't getting), that could easily be explained away by Gallywix et al. repurposing Blackfuse technology that was just left in and around Orgrimmar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    There is justification for most WoD appearances to be available to a hypothetical Mag'har allied race. Garadar alone had Frostwolf, Warsong, Bleeding Hollow and Blackrock Orcs.

If it's the tech you want (Which judging by the heritage armor and mount, we aren't getting), that could easily be explained away by Gallywix et al. repurposing Blackfuse technology that was just left in and around Orgrimmar.
    Agreed. After the crap Blizzard pulled out of their asses with Void Elves, justifying Mag'har would be child play.

The only reason for why they went the AU route it can only be that they really want to keep AU Draenor somewhat relevant and somehow tied with some storyline they have in mind. That's really the only one thing Mag'har don't have, simply because Outland is basically a shadow of the old Draenor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Calling the WoD Orcs "Mag'har" is basically shitting on the whole TBC storyline. The Mag'har were the uncorrupted refugees who refused to drink demon blood and partake in the invasion. They were hunted and harassed by their corrupted kin. This name loses its meaning entirely when you use it on the AU Orcs who only drank the blood at the end (and only the defeated remnants of the Iron Horde).

I'm disliking this Allied Race idea more and more.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

We get it. You hate WoD. We all do.

That doesn't mean Draenor orcs are bad. WoD wasn't bad because of the story -- while it was definitely lacking, Draenor orcs are still fairly interesting and they are adequate as a playable race. It's fine, really.

WoD happened and nothing is going to change that. If it upsets you that badly, perhaps you should have quit before WoD came out (or shortly after, whatever) and never came back. Because WoD, while Blizzard tends to avoid using it as a reference, still happened and they will occasionally draw stories and content from it. You need to come to terms with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cant believe there are people who still think that we Time Traveled to Draenor.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Calling the WoD Orcs "Mag'har" is basically shitting on the whole TBC storyline. The Mag'har were the uncorrupted refugees who refused to drink demon blood and partake in the invasion. They were hunted and harassed by their corrupted kin. This name loses its meaning entirely when you use it on the AU Orcs who only drank the blood at the end (and only the defeated remnants of the Iron Horde).

They are still mag'har. Uncorrupted. Grommash's Iron Horde were a bunch of savages, but they never turned to Fel.

The only thing about this new allied race that could significantly upset me is if they are able to be warlocks. (Though if Grommash is their leader and his crimes are totally ignored, I'd probably be a little salty about that on principle.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    I cant believe there are people who still think that we Time Traveled to Draenor.
    Well, we did. It was alternate universe, but we still went back in time.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    We get it. You hate WoD. We all do.

That doesn't mean Draenor orcs are bad. WoD wasn't bad because of the story -- while it was definitely lacking, Draenor orcs are still fairly interesting and they are adequate as a playable race. It's fine, really.

WoD happened and nothing is going to change that. If it upsets you that badly, perhaps you should have quit before WoD came out (or shortly after, whatever) and never came back. Because WoD, while Blizzard tends to avoid using it as a reference, still happened and they will occasionally draw stories and content from it. You need to come to terms with this.
    Unlike some other people I don't hate WoD. I think it was a meh expansion but the raids were well done, I also enjoyed Ashran in the beginning.
    And disliking what Blizzard does with the story does not mean we dislike everything about WoW and should quit over it. Obviously Blizzard can do whatever the hell they want, doesn't prevent people from calling out stupid decisions like this one.

They are still mag'har. Uncorrupted. Grommash's Iron Horde were a bunch of savages, but they never turned to Fel.
    You don't understand. The "uncorrupted" meaning in Mag'har carries a very specific context, and that is taking the very unpopular decision of not drinking the blood and choosing to be hunted and ostracized by the overwhelming majority of orcs who drank it. Calling the AU Orcs Mag'har not only destroys that meaning, it completely ignores the suffering the real Mag'har Orcs went through in Outland.
    Last edited by corebit; 2018-02-27 at 02:58 AM.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Space travelling Space Goats are way worse imo.
    http://lorelol.ytmnd.com/

Deleted
    It cheapens the entire orc story arc.
    No, it does not. I'm really satisfied with draenorcs joining the Horde. Gonna race change my (green) orc shaman immediately when they become available. Myname "Of the frostwolves"

Unlike some other people I don't hate WoD. I think it was a meh expansion but the raids were well done, I also enjoyed Ashran in the beginning.
    And disliking what Blizzard does with the story does not mean we dislike everything about WoW and should quit over it. Obviously Blizzard can do whatever the hell they want, doesn't prevent people from calling out stupid decisions like this one.

You don't understand. The "uncorrupted" meaning in Mag'har carries a very specific context, and that is taking the very unpopular decision of not drinking the blood and choosing to be hunted and ostracized by the overwhelming majority of orcs who drank it. Calling the AU Orcs Mag'har not only destroys that meaning, it completely ignores the suffering the real Mag'har Orcs went through in Outland.
    Alright, I think I understand why you are upset now.

However, it doesn't change the fact; they are still mag'har. You can like the outland orcs more, but the draenor orcs -- all brown orcs -- are mag'har.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Yes because time travel is so out of character in a fantasy setting, with crystal space ships, god like stone entities that created everything, sentient masters of elemental forces, talking dragons, mortal races that live for thousands of years, entities that embody light and darkness, portals that can open across dimentions, oh but CHARACTERS FROM ANOTHER TIMELINE ARE SO OUT OF CHARACTER FOR THE GAME!
    Dude... i really have to thank you for this. This AU flame is just stupid.

7+ Year Old Account

they actually are the refugees with the red pox, ( or other who flee or get hidden there) who stayed in quarentene, they were not haunted and harassed by the corrupted kin, only if you talk about the fel orcs, and they would kill anyone regardless.

Of course they are not using the name on the AU orcs who drink the blood, but they re using on the orcs who didn't, like grom, and thats why they are also maghar.

Lol I like how there's people actually trying to justify the whole alternate universe orcs still as if it was a well thought-out plot.

The whole purpose of WoD was to throw more orcs at us because Blizzard have some kind of hardon for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Agreed. After the crap Blizzard pulled out of their asses with Void Elves, justifying Mag'har would be child play.

The only reason for why they went the AU route it can only be that they really want to keep AU Draenor somewhat relevant and somehow tied with some storyline they have in mind. That's really the only one thing Mag'har don't have, simply because Outland is basically a shadow of the old Draenor.
    I'm really not sure where they'd want to go with AU Draenor. I know they're burning plotlines at absurd rates ("What's under Tirisfal?" Neptulon, Koltira, Undermine, Azshara [lol]), but do they really think they can pitch AU Ogre supercontinent as an expansion or something?

Not really considering that MU Mag'har offer nearly everything AU WoD Orcs do, without being festering trash.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VomitPrincess View Post
    The whole purpose of WoD was to throw more orcs at us because Blizzard have some kind of hardon for them.
    Yeah, an expansion about "Killing Orcish heroes" after finishing an expansion that saw us "killing Orcish heroes" in its latter half sure means Blizzard has an Orc hardon. That's why we've barely seen any Orcs in the Horde storyline recently!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Not really considering that MU Mag'har offer nearly everything AU WoD Orcs do, without being festering trash.
    K. Pretend you're an Outlands Mag'har, then.