Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Horde Upright orc preview (not the Saurfang model)

I haven't really seen a thread showing this yet, so here goes: I was playing around with the WoWModelViewer, using the BfA alpha files. Of course I had to check the orc models. There wasn't a new one showing up, BUT as I was looking through the animations, I managed to find some really interesting ones. They are labeled FuturePatchXX, some of which are just some new/old class spell animations or the NPC animations seen in the BfA trailer (NPCs carrying a barrel or whatnot). But a few of them were actually the brand new upright orc animations! There wasn't a standing animation, but I found some interesting upright casting animations, walking and running animations and a few really hard to categorize animations (weird casting animations for classes that orcs cannot be, which weirdly had upright poses also). I took some pics I'm gonna try to post here:

So all three of these are the same animation (applied to my main), unassumingly the walking animation; there was no point posting the running animation as well because it didn't look too different from the walking one when frozen. I slapped a tabard on that last one, just to show off the uprightness a little bit. MOST tabards looked okay, some looked a little disfigured (an example: the earthen ring tabard).

I do apologize if this is old news. I have not seen this posted here (could have missed it perhaps), so I wasn't sure. I was just too excited not to share this here.
    Last edited by Cronnir; 2018-02-26 at 11:24 PM. Reason: pictures should be shown in the post, no shady links

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Not clicking a random link.

Deleted
    The links are legit.

Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    Not clicking a random link.
    Fixed it! No longer links, although they are bigger than I anticipated

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Their lack of neck is weird, but at least now they look waaaaaaaay better.

Some pictures with full armor would've been awesome - like the Garrison sets!

You can check some new animations also on wowhead dressing room - go to the bottom of animations and click on WAWalk or something like that to check upright walking animation for example.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    It's gonna take some getting used to but I think they look cool.

FINALLY
    taking too long for people to start datamining this

gonna take some getting used to, but love it

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    do they still smash their weapons into their faces when they run?

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    FINALLY

I feel like no one really cared enough to try to datamine this. I took me 5 minutes to find this and I'm no dataminer.

... You can see the full tabard emblem... I think I might shed a tear. :¨)

Seriously, I wonder if we'll see any hunched over player Orcs again once this change goes live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post

Seriously, I wonder if we'll see any hunched over player Orcs again once this change goes live.
    If I was playing an Orc lock I'd still play him hunched over since it reminds me of Gul'dan and seems thematically appropriate.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

7+ Year Old Account
    Totally making my main a straight-backed Blackrock orc when its available, I absolutely cannot wait

Quote Originally Posted by Cronnir View Post
    I was playing around with the WoWModelViewer, using the BfA alpha files.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronnir View Post
    They are labeled FuturePatchXX
    Their animation names are outdated. Tell them to update names.

Someone ought to post a side-by-side with hunched, so comparisons can actually be made.

I might actually make an orc for the first time in my WoW history. Exciting.

....although, I'm still hoping those forsaken straight back models we just saw are a thing!
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Made a few side-by-sides, mostly for myself but I might as well share them here.

So this one right here is the first frame of the walking animation, both upright and hunched. I am not 100% sure if the first frames of the two animations are "the same", but this is the best I could do.

This right here is the same animation (and frame) as in the image above, but from a different angle. Again, not sure if the animations have the same first frame.

Okay, this one doesn't match exactly, I tried the frame 420 (heh) on both the running animations, but it was completely different, so I had to match them manualy. It's the best I could do.

I know these comparisons aren't the best, but I tried.

Also I can't really test armor in the WoW Model Viewer because it bugs out in all sorts of wonderful ways, but if you want to try some armors on the upright stance, go to wowhead dressing room, and use the WAWalk animation, it's pretty much the same thing I used in the WoW Model Viewer.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    Honestly prefer the hunched one. The no neck thing is so awkward that while it looks "mildly" okay from head on, it looks like a horrid rendition of a bulldog from the side. And overall a little less orky imo.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    FINALLY

It was posted in the beta thread when the alpha client came out. There is also a straight idle animation for other races as well, such as the forsaken and the trolls.
    ~Metzen whispered in my ear "it's all ogar now"...

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post

Depends entirely on how my mog looks. As a Warrior I found that the hunch gave a bit of a fittingly battle-ready stance. But if it makes the Tusks and sundry look good it's the chiropractor life for me.