Page 17 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there's any way to make most helmets look good on them. But anyone who plays a beast race in this game accept that reality already. Even for Trolls and Elves a lot of helms look stupid because their tusks, ears and eyebrows often puncture through. Not to mention helmets often make a Dwarf's beard disappear and make Draenei bald. Helmets just suck in this game period.

And if the vulpera become playable they will be plagued by the same bad helmet head so many other races have. That is just the reality of WoW and one easily fixed by the hide helmet option. I personally do not see it as a big problem.

I'm really hoping in the next few builds we start seeing a bit more proof for Sethrak Allied race. There is a bit now but I'd like to see a female model and some gear starting to work on them. After seeing the Vulpera I have higher hopes for the female Sethrak because it looks like Blizzard is realizing animal races do not need to be drastically different between the genders. Male and female Vulpera look very similar and the female is not sexually exaggerated like the female Worgen was. Sethrak could follow this trend.

I did see someone on the forum say the Alliance has a reputation to gain with the Sethrak that the Horde do not. Can anyone confirm this?
    Unofficial Playable Sethrak Thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2796109?page=1

While I think it's unlikely we will get them (as I've heard they're pretty much enemies with everyone) I think it's more likely we'll get these guys than nagas as they don't suffer from the same issues when it comes to boots and leg armor at least.

Yet, somehow, the NPCs manage to wear their helmets just fine. Is it really that hard to imagine a player helmet occupying that same slot? I really don't get the mystery here.

Hell, if anything, they'd have an easier time fitting into helmets than tauren do, because they don't have great big horns or antlers to lop off. Most helmets will look a little awkward, but I really don't see how it'd be any worse than any of these examples posted above.

Quote Originally Posted by Vail View Post
    I did see someone on the forum say the Alliance has a reputation to gain with the Sethrak that the Horde do not. Can anyone confirm this?
    There's no obvious reputation that ties into sethrak on either faction. The Horde has reputations for: Zuldazar, Nazmir, and Vulpera.

The Alliance reputations are: House Proudmoore, House Waycrest, and House Stormsong.

There's also two neutral reputations, one for Magni and another for the Tortollan Seekers.
    Last edited by Mutineer; 2018-02-26 at 10:56 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there's any way to make most helmets look good on them. But anyone who plays a beast race in this game accept that reality already. Even for Trolls and Elves a lot of helms look stupid because their tusks, ears and eyebrows often puncture through. Not to mention helmets often make a Dwarf's beard disappear and make Draenei bald. Helmets just suck in this game period.

And if the vulpera become playable they will be plagued by the same bad helmet head so many other races have. That is just the reality of WoW and one easily fixed by the hide helmet option. I personally do not see it as a big problem.

I'm really hoping in the next few builds we start seeing a bit more proof for Sethrak Allied race. There is a bit now but I'd like to see a female model and some gear starting to work on them. After seeing the Vulpera I have higher hopes for the female Sethrak because it looks like Blizzard is realizing animal races do not need to be drastically different between the genders. Male and female Vulpera look very similar and the female is not sexually exaggerated like the female Worgen was. Sethrak could follow this trend.

Sadly we have yet to see this confirmed but we do know there is a splinter faction of Sethrak fighting their emperor to free their Loa goddess from their temple those are our best bet to be the friendly faction I dont know if they are friendly towards the Alliance only or to the Horde as well I doubt that the Vulpera are willing to help them tough.

As for Helmets I rarely have the helmet function on it really defeats the purpose of hair options if they are hidden underneath helmets but that just my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Starling View Post
    Yet, somehow, the NPCs manage to wear their helmets just fine. Is it really that hard to imagine a player helmet occupying that same slot? I really don't get the mystery here.

Hell, if anything, they'd have an easier time fitting into helmets than tauren do, because they don't have great big horns or antlers to lop off. Most helmets will look a little awkward, but I really don't see how it'd be any worse than any of these examples posted above.
    Indeed most of those helmets clip straight into their necks.

There is a bit now but I'd like to see a female model and some gear starting to work on them. After seeing the Vulpera I have higher hopes for the female Sethrak because it looks like Blizzard is realizing animal races do not need to be drastically different between the genders.
    we noticed a difference

10+ Year Old Account
    That is a model for their god, it hasn't been shown to represent a normal female Sethrak NPC that I know of. But you never know what the next Alpha build will bring.
    Unofficial Playable Sethrak Thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2796109?page=1

That is a model for their god, it hasn't been shown to represent a normal female Sethrak NPC that I know of. But you never know what the next Alpha build will bring.
    She "avatar" is not necessarily a "full-fledged god." х))

thorns horns, etc. - a sign of God. But the signs I described - no. sorry bad eng/ And i hope sethrak - allied race.

I'm curious why she doesn't have any animations yet. Have they just not assigned the regular sethrak animations to her, or are they creating a set of distinctly female animations? Or are the web model viewers just unable to correctly load her model right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Lots of ways to put a helmet on that head. Or they could just not wear helmets? Most players hide them, anyhow, and it's not like there isn't precedent in the troll/tauren "No Boots" department. And their tail would stick out just like a Draenei's, but longer.

Like... If the armor not fitting on them like you'd like is the reason for them not to become an allied race, it's not a really strong argument at all.
    I think most people forget taurens...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1312 View Post
    HOW COULD YOU PUT A HELM ON THAT HEAD??
    Same way how you put boots on Tauren and Dranei - you cut some part of gear piece.

Quote Originally Posted by PomPup View Post
    we noticed a difference
    I would be alright with that as the female model. Snakes shouldn't have mammalian sexual dimorphism and I don't anyone outside of a few weirdos wants to see a snake with human tits.

Sethrak look really freaking cool. I don't know if they'll be playable, but helmets can be worked around. But seriously, they look awesome.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I would be alright with that as the female model. Snakes shouldn't have mammalian sexual dimorphism and I don't anyone outside of a few weirdos wants to see a snake with human tits.
    I would say that this would be the Ideal female body for them that looks different enough without it looking weird and out of place the only thing I would change is the head and remove the Cobra hood or alter it.

Quote Originally Posted by Karamaru View Post
    I would say that this would be the Ideal female body for them that looks different enough without it looking weird and out of place the only thing I would change is the head and remove the Cobra hood or alter it.
    Maybe add things to the hood to make them more distinguished like spines.

5+ Year Old Account
    The Eyes of Sethraliss have been removed!
    Recover the jewels and place them back in their sockets so can we pass!
    This azerite shall grant me unlimited power! DIE!
    Hah... the sethrak already... know the secrets of... azerite...
    This is newly datamined broadcast text. New crazy theory, the Sethrak may be manipulating Azerite and that is how they are terraforming their land into desert.
    Here are some links to their animations.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethrak View Post
    This is newly datamined broadcast text. New crazy theory, the Sethrak may be manipulating Azerite and that is how they are terraforming their land into desert.
    I saw it. Pretty interesting stuff.

7+ Year Old Account
    If the Sethrak know how to manipulate Azerite why wouldnt the faction leaders want them if anything the goblins sure would.

Does anyone know where Slithering Gulch is in Vol'dun?

Oh, now that's a cool idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Karamaru View Post
    If the Sethrak know how to manipulate Azerite why wouldnt the faction leaders want them if anything the goblins sure would.
    Eh, the factions are just as likely to kill them all and steal the knowledge as they are to recruit them and have it shared with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anything else been datamined about them?

7+ Year Old Account
    Has anything else been datamined about them?
    Nope nothing yet but lets hope they change that soon preferably into datamined character creation tools