Poll: Well?

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    A draft would pretty much guarantee a win for the Democrats for at least four terms, it would be political suicide for one party to reinstate that.

That is, obviously, unless the war threatens the US itself, but then we are probably talking about some WW3 scheme where in the end conventional means are irrelevant anyhow. I don't think another draft to hunt down some goat herders or rice farmers at the end of the world would considered a worthwhile target even by the most warmongering.

I'm pretty sure my back would disqualify me unless they draft for non-field positions. I think a modern draft would probably be more likely to include technical draftees, and I do the computer sciences, so eh, who knows.

It would be a little hard to fault a draft dodger when they're just following in the footsteps of their president, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    If a person is dodging, then said dodger probably should go to Canada. Because you will be found...
    Turns out, you can dodge the draft and still become president.

But no, I'm not fighting for the MAGA redhats. I'm especially not fighting for Trump. I will happily go live the rest of my days in Costa Rica.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I mean, if an actual alien race is attacking us, I think it would behoove anyone and everyone to fight, regardless if Trump called it a war.

But if it's a war against North Korea or something? And they had no real "want" to attack us... I would "draft dodge" no matter if it was a democrat in charge or a republican (or Trump). And technically I wouldn't even need to do that. I just show them my psychological report that says I have ASD.
    I wouldn't. I think NK is a serous threat to liberty and peace for other countries. They are run by a tyrant who cares very little for his own people, let alone any others. All that is keeping them in check is the US. As they grow stronger and stronger, they will become even more of a threat.

But not likely I would get drafted anyway. I have my excuse of being too old to be drafted. Unless things would get horrible for us.

Trump or not Trump, I'd do what I can do avoid combat.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    No way I'd risk my life to fight for this country in the current state it's in
    While you shit out this nonsense, there are men and women who have fought and died so you'd have the freedom to make such idiotic remarks. Mothers and fathers are now missing their children, spouses never returned, and many are permanently wounded or disabled for this same cause. We call these people heroes, who suffer on behalf of even those with whom they disagree.

We call people like you trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    I would. No way I'd risk my life to fight for this country in the current state it's in

If you're not a US citizen, then pretend you are then answer the poll.
    I'd developed a sudden case of heel spurs. There's a well documented case of this happening to a guy.

Sorry, bone spurs.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

No I think there are enough democrats to fill every spot for the war they want with russia.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post
    I would love too. I would be the most bestest smartest fighter in any war out of anyone I know

But I had bone spurs in one of my feet so I cant go sorry, I cant remember which one
    Roflmao darn bone spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    A draft would pretty much guarantee a win for the Democrats for at least four terms, it would be political suicide for one party to reinstate that.

That is, obviously, unless the war threatens the US itself, but then we are probably talking about some WW3 scheme where in the end conventional means are irrelevant anyhow. I don't think another draft to hunt down some goat herders or rice farmers at the end of the world would considered a worthwhile target even by the most warmongering.
    It didn’t for the Vietnam draft.
    What people don’t realized the PotUS doesn’t institute the draft nor does the PotUS “declare war”.

Peace

15+ Year Old Account
    I have bone spurs & my daddy wants me to serve within the US not abroad so I wouldn't be able to fight for Agent Orange...I mean Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Turns out, you can dodge the draft and still become president.

But no, I'm not fighting for the MAGA redhats. I'm especially not fighting for Trump. I will happily go live the rest of my days in Costa Rica.
    Better not stay there more than 90 days. Costa Rica has some pretty harsh immigration laws.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    No I think there are enough democrats to fill every spot for the war they want with russia.
    In recent memory, Democrats have been accused of being weak on China, weak on terror, weak on Iran, weak on Russia (ironically), weak on Syria, weak on (etc, etc, etc) but the moment they show some spine, they are suddenly warmongers.

Makes sense.

OT: I'm not sure I'd be drafted, or at least as a high priority, as I have asthma and a family, but if Trump (or anyone else) started a war that I considered unjust, I sure as hell wouldn't fight in it.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post
    While you shit out this nonsense, there are men and women who have fought and died so you'd have the freedom to make such idiotic remarks. Mothers and fathers are now missing their children, spouses never returned, and many are permanently wounded or disabled for this same cause. We call these people heroes, who suffer on behalf of even those with whom they disagree.

We call people like you trash.
    Yes, people forced to die by their country are heroes. We owe a lot to them. That doesn't make it my life worth a similar sacrifice. I'm not willing to make it. They were.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I agree with all you said, but there is a huge "BUT" in there... NK could kill more people by starting the war with them, then if we leave them alone, and let them work out their issues organically.

As a nuclear capable country, they could fire off an ICBM and destroy parts of the US, or Japan, or SK, etc, It's not so much that I don't think NK is a threat, its more that I think there are no good options to dealing with NK, and if you have to pick an option they are all worse than doing nothing, at this point.

If we had a magical weapon that put everyone there to sleep, or knocked out their infrastructure (like an EMP or something) and actually save the people suffering there, I would be all for that... but as of right now, it would be a war like Iraq, only they actually have the nukes.
    Some good points. It is not like Trump would start a war anyway. I think the best solution at this point is to squeeze the shit out of them with embargoes and sanctions.

I find it a bit odd how people are against it because they wouldn't "Fight for Trump" - as if wars are fought in the honor of the president in charge, at the moment of said war.

The president himself dodged it, i say everyone else can.

If there was a draft, I would emmigrate as soon as possible.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I find it a bit odd how people are against it because they wouldn't "Fight for Trump" - as if wars are fought in the honor of the president in charge, at the moment of said war.
    They fail to understand the PotUS doesn’t institute the draft nor declare war.

Peace