Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    I mean after city of heroes was shut down for literally no reason, it was making plenty of money to stay afloat and produce new content, they just wanted to move into "a different direction", I have lost -all- faith in NCsoft.

That game was so awesome, i'd still be playing (and paying) today.

I loved it's f2p ingame store, yeah it sounds awful but I loved that damn game so much.
    It was shut down for a reason. NCsoft likely didn't view it as having any additional growth potential, so while it was marginally profitable and sustainable for them they wanted to clear up financial resources and market space for the upcoming releases of GW2 and WildStar. It paid off with GW2, not so much with WildStar.

It's a sound business decision. It's not going to earn them many fans, especially amongst CoH players, but from a broader business perspective it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Thall and chill View Post
    Me and my buddies fell in love with this game, unfortunately we don't play it now because everything seems so....dead. We've once again fallen back to WoW. The combat was fun, and I loved the overall theme and art of the game.
    Lots of wasted potential. They went for an already outdated concept and it ended like this.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Guys, got some suggestions for me?

I played WS in the beta and kinda liked it, but got hooked again by WoW, so never really played it.

Wanna start over again and thinking about the class to pick. I am always playing DPS, so this is my main focus (yes, i know, every class can DPS, but maybe some are just better or... better designed?). I like demanding rotations, a 2 button class is boring for me (for comparison, in Dota2 i play lots of Invoker, in WoW my favorite were Arms Warrior in Cata, or Feral and Affli back in the days), i also do like flashy stuff.

Recommendations?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by iddqd; 2018-02-27 at 01:08 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are no complicated rotations in Wildstar b/c the action bar is limited in slots. You would be fine with a DPS warrior or stalker tbh.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    And now I dicovered housing. I never liked it in other games for some reason, but here its really great. Think I will set a subscription, looks there ar so much things to do for months.

7+ Year Old Account
    Housing is probably the best thing about the entire game from a systems standpoint, honestly.

Deleted
    Just a note to new players - if you want to do dungeons, look at chat for “lfm random dungeon”, rightclick on players name and select join group. Players dont use queue tool for dungeons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    There are no complicated rotations in Wildstar b/c the action bar is limited in slots. You would be fine with a DPS warrior or stalker tbh.
    Spellslinger is like a WOW hunter in difficulty, but other than that rotation/prio list for other classes can be as complex as something like feral. Personally, despite playing melee classes in WOW, I really enjoy Medic dps. Warrior played properly is a 6 ability rotation presuming you keep a utility slot in your LimitedActionSet. You can easily half your potential output if you do not understand your class and how your abilities interact with your AMP's and class runes(I've seen this in same raid group).

The major difference between the two is that in WS high DPS makes fights easier(burn phases etc, couple of fights can be cheesed) but DPS requirement is less tight than WOW if everyone executes correctly and the team is appropriately geared. The difficulty is in execution with no BRes and having enough people alive at the end of a fight to produce the gross DPS required.

Honestly, the game is pretty good in every respect now, other than population. I got into it as I no longer had the time required to raid at a reasonable level in WOW and was able to get to max level, full dungeon/catch up gear and into a guild raid in 7 days of sporadic play. You can grind but there is less requirement to do so.

Sorry just posting as its a game I was once interested in, I bought it near release or on release I cant remember and was so hyped about it, cannot remember exactly why I was disappointed nor why it failed but I am just suprised to see a huge megathread on the game so I want to ask:

Why? And how is Wildstar doing these days? People still play???

The game needed an expansion when it was porting to steam.

Needed to relaunch itself in a way. Saying we are on steam wasn't enough.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DonGenaro View Post
    Honestly, the game is pretty good in every respect now, other than population.
    ...and content, meaningful professions, single player content with meaningful gear progression (grinding same expeds not fun), pvp is dead and unbalanced, etc. I mean, I love Wildstar to all get out but it's dead in the ground in terms of adding things to do or giving you a reason to do it.
    BAD WOLF

To be a bit off-topic but it's weird seeing this thread getting bumped as often as it is and it's not ministabber doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    Sorry just posting as its a game I was once interested in, I bought it near release or on release I cant remember and was so hyped about it, cannot remember exactly why I was disappointed nor why it failed but I am just suprised to see a huge megathread on the game so I want to ask:

You probably quit for the same reason everyone else did, the game was a mess. Even if it is in a good state now and the F2P model is very generous, there are very few people playing it. One of the main topics of discussion within the last thousand pages was when the devs pull the plug, or rather, when does NCSoft do it for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    You probably quit for the same reason everyone else did, the game was a mess. Even if it is in a good state now and the F2P model is very generous, there are very few people playing it. One of the main topics of discussion within the last thousand pages was when the devs pull the plug, or rather, when does NCSoft do it for them.
    Fair enough then so I havent missed much, I will move on from this thread then haha, cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    To be a bit off-topic but it's weird seeing this thread getting bumped as often as it is and it's not ministabber doing it.
    Did she finally give up defending a dead as fuck game?

Its too bad really, the bunny women are one of my favorite MMO furries until Vulpera get added to WoW and Viera to FFXIV.

Deleted
    Recently, there was a statement from Carbine and NCSoft, stating that they will continue to support WS. Sorry, cant provide link, too tired to look for it. But, it was enough for me to sub to game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post

Yes, people still play, there are world bosses groups regulary, dungeons, some raid pugs, but not many.
    If you are used to WoWs crowded server where you can hardly read /trade, you wont find it here, at least in EU.
    But, to do the content, you dont need crowded server. Very few toxicity in chat, helpful players, no emos.
    Oh, and if you want pvp, then dont come. People play pve mostly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    Recently, there was a statement from Carbine and NCSoft, stating that they will continue to support WS. Sorry, cant provide link, too tired to look for it. But, it was enough for me to sub to game.
    "Support" in that context simply means that they aren't turning the servers off like they did with City of Heroes. Don't delude yourself into thinking they're going to be pushing out relevant content or adding lots of new features.

That said, I hope you enjoy your time on Nexus. I liked my time with the game after it came out. It just ran out of steam for me in the long haul.

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    I can recall something like that, but yeah, as up said, it was more along the lines of "we're not shutting the game down" rather than "we will continue to actively develop it". Considering how many devs left it seemingly on their own, and on top of that there were significant lay-offs, NCSoft's plan is to support it with skeleton crew and count on the few remaining subbers and whales to carry it until their investment, which was huge, is returned. The last time they even bothered including WS in their quarterly financial report, it brought them a million dollars. That's terrible.
    Last edited by Airlick; 2018-03-05 at 06:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

I can recall something like that, but yeah, as up said, it was more along the lines of "we're not shutting the game down" rather than "we will continue to actively develop it". Considering how many devs left it seemingly on their own, and on top of that there were significant lay-offs, NCSoft's plan is to support it with skeleton crew and count on the few remaining subbers and whales to carry it until their investment, which was huge, is returned. The last time they even bothered including WS in their quarterly financial report, it brought them a million dollars. That's terrible.
    Like I said before the reason WS probably isn't shutting down is for contract reasons, it'll eventually die whenever that happens but it can live off of a less than 500 player base.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    These Carbine shitters made their own grave with it. It could have been genuinely amazing and strong game and they literally killed it from a get go with their shitty attitude and archaic ideas.