Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ramayana1423 View Post
    Quadrupling mob HP and nerfing heirlooms is a completely pointless nerf to leveling. You can already level slowly if you chose to do so by not using heirlooms. Now they are simply forcing everyone to level slowly in order to make people feel more compelled to buy boosts. The Blizzard white knights who show up to every thread about leveling and claim its about anything other than selling more boosts are comically stupid.
    Its not about leveling slowly for a better story experience. Its about leveling to fast, people running into mobs and just killing them with ease. Killing big npcs so fast the npc bugs out ( i still have had this). Lets put it this way before i could easy pull 2 times 5 mobs with my mage and kill them with ease. now its only 1 mob.
    And yes it could be ( and most like is) for more money.

And i am not a white knight. And i never said its about or not about selling boosts. Its not about being pro or against. I started to respond because of the simple fact. Most people cry about stuff they should not cry about. Leveling should not be easy. Its the same people who cry of not getting flying at launch. The same people who cry of not getting legendary's. Because the most complaints people have had is because they are angry they can no longer at level 10 go to a dungeon run around and loot while a 110 kills everything. If you look at the thread starter , that where his points. He was mad these exploits witch take the leveling out of leveling where removed.
    If you read the rest of my response you would have seen that i agree that some things do not feel right at this moment.
    But hey its easy to hate and shout stuff is it not. . And if you are not pro you are against there is no such thing as middle ground.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Picander View Post
    My English is not very good, so I have a question: "to hotfix" does mean the same as "to close"?
    nope. Hot fix means something is broken ( that they broke) and needs to get made whole again as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Picander View Post
    My English is not very good, so I have a question: "to hotfix" does mean the same as "to close"?
    A hotfix is a fix that is applied to the servers while they are still up and running, and in the case of tooltips are not reflected until a server restart.

Already got Nightborne and Highmountain to 110. Doing VE now and then Lightbulb Draenei. Levelling is easy as hell atm.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Having leveled 2 chars to 70-80ish, leveling is fine imo. I'm enjoying questing to the end of a zone again. For 70-80 I'm mixing it up doing only BTC/Wrath dailies for nostalgia's sake.

Which brings me to a question, Isle of Quel'Danas, everybody just fucking loved Isle of Quel'Danas, best fucking dailies hub/zone ever Isle of Quel'Danas, yet I've been doing them over a week now and I haven't seen a single soul. What gives? Here's a chance to relive it a bit with it scaling 70-80 and no one at all is doing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Varjo410 View Post
    Which brings me to a question, Isle of Quel'Danas, everybody just fucking loved Isle of Quel'Danas, best fucking dailies hub/zone ever Isle of Quel'Danas, yet I've been doing them over a week now and I haven't seen a single soul. What gives? Here's a chance to relive it a bit with it scaling 70-80 and no one at all is doing them.
    Everyone loved it at the time because it was the first major dailies hub (Ogri'la, Sha'tari, and Netherwing were relatively minimal in comparison) and provided repeatable quests to do at the endgame. It was also implemented 10 years ago and nearly every endgame-questing system since has improved upon the idea, so i doubt they are overly popular in comparison to Wrath methods for those levels. Additionally, keep in mind that many many players are still striving for the fastest leveling system, which between 74-80 seems to be soloing TBC heroic dungeons (scaled to 70 with absolutely broken power scale post-MoP stat squish and giving xp at high rates until 80ish).

Quote Originally Posted by Shiroyama View Post
    Already got Nightborne and Highmountain to 110. Doing VE now and then Lightbulb Draenei. Levelling is easy as hell atm.
    Share your tips with us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Princessy View Post
    What I want to know is how did OP know that Blizzard was going to nerf the dungeon boosting method a week or so before it actually happened? Did a GM tell you that or? O.o
    lucky guess
    or?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

It's good to know that Blizzard is really active about making sure leveling isn't too easy, but when are they going to retune Draenor so that it's not hell? I mean everything 60-100 needs retuning in general, but Draenor is by far the worst offense. How it went live with active feedback telling them it was broken is a mystery to me, but the fact that it's still broken is ludicrous. They may not be able to perfectly adjust it on a whim, but they sure as hell could do something by now.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    It's good to know that Blizzard is really active about making sure leveling isn't too easy, but when are they going to retune Draenor so that it's not hell? I mean everything 60-100 needs retuning in general, but Draenor is by far the worst offense. How it went live with active feedback telling them it was broken is a mystery to me, but the fact that it's still broken is ludicrous. They may not be able to perfectly adjust it on a whim, but they sure as hell could do something by now.
    Broken how?

If you have heirlooms it's not an issue(I've done it 3 times now). If you don't, then go to timeless isle at 90 and grab some free gear to get you started.

Or more importantly, why aren't you just flying around grabbing treasures? It's literally the easiest and fastest part of the entire leveling process.

the mobs in draenor are overtuned. Leveling is quick thanks to treasure/bonus objectives but the rares are very difficult to kill if you're down on the ground doing quests

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Broken how?

If you have heirlooms it's not an issue(I've done it 3 times now). If you don't, then go to timeless isle at 90 and grab some free gear to get you started.

Or more importantly, why aren't you just flying around grabbing treasures? It's literally the easiest and fastest part of the entire leveling process.
    Last time I attempted Draenor on an older alt, soloing a single ogron in a quest early on that, pre-changes was super easy... but after, I was struggling in full heirlooms, using all cooldowns and every tool at my disposal spamming heals and then dying because a single add (and the room was overflowing with them, with them respawning quickly because it's tuned to go down faster IE pre-leveling changes) patrolled into me.

Look, I get it. I like the leveling changes. But despite what some people may think, you can in fact go overkill. It doesn't matter if there is an 'easy way' to level on Draenor (well, actually, it does... but in the context of what I am saying it doesn't. Thanks for the tip), if normal questing is harder than soloing eilite 5-player world quests at endgame -- in fairly level-appropriate gear, too -- then something isn't right.

There's really no way to justify it being broken like this. Doesn't matter if I can do treasures, what if I want to quest and level up the intended way? Why shouldn't I be able to? And what about the unlucky suckers that don't already have pathfinding, sucks to be them I guess? Draenor needs to be retuned. Period.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2018-02-27 at 12:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    the only problem in draenor is 90->91, 91->98 is totally fine
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Just throwing it out there in case someone isn't aware, but if you have flying in Draenor you can go around and gather all the treasures (use an addon for brainless farming) and do all the bonus objectives for 90-100 without doing ANY zone quests. That is with heirlooms and prior to the XP nerf though, maybe now you do need to do actual quests.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Last time I attempted Draenor on an older alt, soloing a single ogron in a quest early on that, pre-changes was super easy... but after, I was struggling in full heirlooms, using all cooldowns and every tool at my disposal spamming heals and then dying because a single add (and the room was overflowing with them, with them respawning quickly because it's tuned to go down faster IE pre-leveling changes) patrolled into me.

Look, I get it. I like the leveling changes. But despite what some people may think, you can in fact go overkill. It doesn't matter if there is an 'easy way' to level on Draenor (well, actually, it does... but in the context of what I am saying it doesn't. Thanks for the tip), if normal questing is harder than soloing eilite 5-player world quests at endgame -- in fairly level-appropriate gear, too -- then something isn't right.

There's really no way to justify it being broken like this. Doesn't matter if I can do treasures, what if I want to quest and level up the intended way? Why shouldn't I be able to? And what about the unlucky suckers that don't already have pathfinding, sucks to be them I guess? Draenor needs to be retuned. Period.
    Hmm...I guess I just haven't had that much trouble with the Ogrons. As I said, I've done it 3 times now since 7.3.5 went live(Enh Shammy, Frost DK, Aff Lock). But maybe some classes are worse off than others at that level?

Anyway, I'm not even sure what "the intended way" means anymore. As far as I can tell, to Blizzard it means spending as much time as possible in every zone in order to push the MAU up. But as far as I can tell, going to TI and grabbing some quick and easy gear at level 90 is also just as easily "the intended way". Honestly, the entire purpose of timeless isle was to boost people(I think the gear might actually be better than heirlooms at that point).

But I agree that Blizzard's scaling of all the older content was a quick and dirty job. It clearly wasn't given the full attention to detail that it deserves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Just throwing it out there in case someone isn't aware, but if you have flying in Draenor you can go around and gather all the treasures (use an addon for brainless farming) and do all the bonus objectives for 90-100 without doing ANY zone quests. That is with heirlooms and prior to the XP nerf though, maybe now you do need to do actual quests.
    Last time I did it I didn't realize my heirlooms stopped at 90(I was lazy and didn't upgrade the STR versions). I ended up having to grab all the treasures from every zone(including some from Tanaan), and did a bunch of the bonus objectives. The only actual questing I did was to unlock the garrison for the 20% potions, the intro to Gorgrond to unlock the ability to get those treasures(someone confirm for me if this is actually necessary?), and the quests to choose the inn at Spires.

With full heirlooms you'll be 98 LONG before you finish farming treasures and bonus objectives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Last time I did it I didn't realize my heirlooms stopped at 90(I was lazy and didn't upgrade the STR versions). I ended up having to grab all the treasures from every zone(including some from Tanaan), and did a bunch of the bonus objectives. The only actual questing I did was to unlock the garrison for the 20% potions, the intro to Gorgrond to unlock the ability to get those treasures(someone confirm for me if this is actually necessary?), and the quests to choose the inn at Spires.

With full heirlooms you'll be 98 LONG before you finish farming treasures and bonus objectives.
    The 20% potions are totally worth it, but the treasure unlocked by the Gorgrond building doesn't give XP. I used to always do the Spires open too, but it isn't really necessary now.
    If you've got a high level to help you, killing all the quest bosses in Gorgrond can yield a lot of XP too, and I think you need your building to turn those in.

I hate scaling and think it was most shitarded feature of Legion. Why the fuck level at all if you're not getting any stronger? And now that scaling is forced down player's throat everywhere I'm not sure why we have 110 levels at all? How the fuck exactly is level 34 different from level 51 or 72 from 77?

Just make it:
    Level 1 - you quest in old Azeroth until you obtain 20398573209457398756897709 exp or whatever level 1-60 takes now.
    Then you level up to level 2 and can go to Outland.
    Level 3 - Northrend,
    ... well, you get the idea ...
    Stick a few level in between just to have a nice round number when people can finally go raiding at level 10.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Deleted
    I leveled a highmountain casually in the span of the last 3 weeks. I am 109 atm (so i can hit 110 in less than 30 minutes gametime). I have a total played of 2d17h. I mostly did normal questing and some dungeons here and there (5-6 dungeons mostly at the 40-50 lvl range). I also "exploited" the outland heroic dungeon "bug" at 76 till 80. Those 4 levels were done in a total of 1h15minutes (instead of 4 hours they would take via normal questing). To me leveing seemed fine

PS: Full looms minus rings

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Its not about leveling slowly for a better story experience. Its about leveling to fast, people running into mobs and just killing them with ease. Killing big npcs so fast the npc bugs out ( i still have had this). Lets put it this way before i could easy pull 2 times 5 mobs with my mage and kill them with ease. now its only 1 mob.
    And yes it could be ( and most like is) for more money.

And i am not a white knight. And i never said its about or not about selling boosts. Its not about being pro or against. I started to respond because of the simple fact. Most people cry about stuff they should not cry about. Leveling should not be easy. Its the same people who cry of not getting flying at launch. The same people who cry of not getting legendary's. Because the most complaints people have had is because they are angry they can no longer at level 10 go to a dungeon run around and loot while a 110 kills everything. If you look at the thread starter , that where his points. He was mad these exploits witch take the leveling out of leveling where removed.
    If you read the rest of my response you would have seen that i agree that some things do not feel right at this moment.
    But hey its easy to hate and shout stuff is it not. . And if you are not pro you are against there is no such thing as middle ground.
    I don't think we should have flying at launch, have no problem at all with pathfinder, I don't complain about legendaries, their drop rate has been perfectly fine since 7.1. Some cool false assumptions you made though. It doesn't change the fact that quadrupling mob HP was nothing more than a ploy by Blizzard to sell more boosts.

Fun detected. Fun nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by droidzone View Post
    I leveled a highmountain casually in the span of the last 3 weeks. I am 109 atm (so i can hit 110 in less than 30 minutes gametime). I have a total played of 2d17h. I mostly did normal questing and some dungeons here and there (5-6 dungeons mostly at the 40-50 lvl range). I also "exploited" the outland heroic dungeon "bug" at 76 till 80. Those 4 levels were done in a total of 1h15minutes (instead of 4 hours they would take via normal questing). To me leveing seemed fine

PS: Full looms minus rings
    I recently finished leveling a VE monk, which means I had the +50% XP gain a few hours per day.

Even with the XP buff, heirlooms(no rings) and while trying to level as efficient as possible, it still took me 39 hours /played.
    That's with several boosts in stockades / ZF / ramparts / twink boost in Legion, soloing Outlands HC dungeons from 74 to 80-81, and soloing HC ZG from 88-90. Of course I also did the WoD trick by leveling with garrison pot and Bonus objectives / treasures, and Spires of arak 20% XP buff whilst in that zone.

To me, 39 hours /played is way too much when I used every trick possible (no RAF or XP pot tho'). I guess I could have shortened the time played with a few hours if I hadn't focused on class hall. Maybe 1 hour of AFK'ing. Still too much, imo.

Level 50-80 seems like the slowest, especially if you don't know about soloing TBC HC dungeons (which might get fixed as well).

I don't understand what's so bad about playing the game. All these tears because people want to look slightly different when running the same mythic+ dungeon?