Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    i hope not.

lets get the core races first.

like wildhammers, ogres, troll tribes, outland orcs (no draenor crap plz),
    even less popular ones, like quillboar and arakkoa...

lets not have playable races that have nothing to do with wow, like vulpera, sethrak, void elves...ohwait.

Quote Originally Posted by DercMerc View Post
    "Y-you can't just add story to a game! It's pulling things out of Blizzard's ass! They can't do that!"

Yeah, they can. They do it all the time. They've been doing it since the original Warcraft games. Introducing new story is bound to introduce things that weren't present before, because it's new.

Thank god people like the ones in this thread complaining aren't in charge of story direction. The only races that would be playable would be orcs and humans, and the only storyline would revolve around the Orc v Human slapfight. Anthro, sometimes silly, or even cutesy races have been in this game since it existed in a recognizable state of Warcraft. This isn't a song of ice and fire, it's not 100% serious all the time, and that's what makes it good.
    No, playable races would be those, which have their place in those factions and which have been requested for a long time. Not some races we didnt know about until yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    The problem isn't the race it's the people who are going to play and defile said race.

Akin to blood elves
    I see this sentiment a lot, and I have to ask; does it matter?

Like I'm not trying to be ass, here. Does other people enjoying something in a way different to how you enjoy it actually negatively impact your experience in any way?

The problem isn't the race it's the people who are going to play and defile said race.

Akin to blood elves
    Vulpera are in no shape or form as sexualized as blood elves, Draenei, Void Elves, Night Elves or Nightborne though. In fact, I struggle to see anything sexual about them.

But to each his own, people are sexually attracted to weirder things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    No, playable races would be those, which have their place in those factions and which have been requested for a long time. Not some races we didnt know about until yesterday.
    Vulpera have been requested since Blizzcon, hence the introduction of them.

And seriously, I'm glad that the developers of the game have more imagination and creative freedom than people such as yourself.

There are far better and more interesting options for allied races. Either way, I think 4 allied races is more than enough. We'd likely need to add another set of races if we were going to do Vulpera, and I don't want that anyways.

I don't hate them, though. I just don't really care to play as one.

When it comes to furries, yes, they poison a lot of shit i just hope vulpera are not one of them.

Either way, that's a horde problem, so i couldn't care less.
    Being part of the Furry fandom =/= being part of the Yiff subculture.

Non-Furries seem to "poison" things just fine all on their own. :d
    Luckily, one can stay away from the hot (no pun intended) spots where the horny people dwell.

Generally no, but if Blizz does them well enough, lore and characterization wise, it might sway me.

When it comes to furries, yes, they poison a lot of shit i just hope vulpera are not one of them.

Either way, that's a horde problem, so i couldn't care less.
    Who can say what faction they'd belong to if they were added. As far as I can tell they are fairly neutral. Blowing it off because it's a "Horde problem" probably isn't a good idea in this case.

We hardly know what order we're getting allied races in. The only requested race I've seen "snubbed" is high elves, which was answered with void elves, an answer that seems to have angered quite a few people. Other than that, I assume they're basing it off of what they view will be popular (and so far they've been right, iirc void elves have a massive population), and what's easy to implement.

If vulpera become an allied race, it'll be because they think they'll be popular (and are probably right there, tbh) and designed their models with the possibility of them being playable in mind. I don't think it necessarily takes away from other allied race choices.

i agree

/10char
    All honesty though, and I say this as someone involved in the fandom, most furry "Defilement" when it comes to Warcraft races is 1. Trolls doing it as some weird ironic joke that becomes the standard by people who think it's actual furries or 2. People going out of their way to find sketchy or NSFW art purely for the sake of complaining about it, with anyone interested in actual stuff doing it well and good out of the way where people have to be looking to find them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Being part of the Furry fandom =/= being part of the Yiff subculture.

Non-Furries seem to "poison" things just fine all on their own. :d
    Luckily, one can stay away from the hot (no pun intended) spots where the horny people dwell.
    Definitely true. I have nothing against 'furries', though I very much find the 'yiffers' to be disturbed. The group I despise though, are the ones that blow up any time anything even remotely animal in nature is added.

Like when worgen were added and people started exploding about how they were designed for 'furries'. lol. Even if they were it wouldn't be a bad thing. They weren't, though. They were designed to appeal to werewolf fans, which is a very different interest. (Pandaren are a different story, but again, it just doesn't matter.)

If Vulpera were added, it would certainly be to appeal to 'furries', or at least people who found them cute or fun to play as. And that, again, isn't a bad thing. It's not my thing, though, and I'd rather see other races added instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering they have a horde zone and a horde faction i think it's safe to say if they ever did become playable they'd be horde.

But i really don't care if people play them it will be just like worgen.
    What Horde zone are they added in? As I understood it they are featured heavily in Kul Tiras as well, albeit as seafaring vulpera.

Unfortunately you're probably right about them ending up like worgen, at least in the sense that people will explode over nothing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Definitely true. I have nothing against 'furries', though I very much find the 'yiffers' to be disturbed. The group I despise though, are the ones that blow up any time anything even remotely animal in nature is added.

Like when worgen were added and people started exploding about how they were designed for 'furries'. lol. Even if they were it wouldn't be a bad thing. They weren't, though. They were designed to appeal to werewolf fans, which is a very different interest. (Pandaren are a different story, but again, it just doesn't matter.)
    Remember how those types destroyed female Worgen because they complained that they looked too "furry" and Blizz's resulting half-measures from the feedback ruined them?

Probably for the better the people complaining will likely be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Remember how those types destroyed female Worgen because they complained that they looked too "furry" and Blizz's resulting half-measures from the feedback ruined them?

Probably for the better the people complaining will likely be ignored.
    I... really don't know if that was why they got screwed around with. It's possible, I suppose. I really wasn't paying that much attention at the time.

On principle, I think that Blizzard needs to analyze feedback (if they had, the female worgen in this case would not have been brought live), but at the same time needs to know when it's garbage. For the most part I think they handle this well, they just make their own mistakes and occasionally botch their aesthetic designs. Worgen, especially female worgen, are a good example in this case.

I still think that Blizzard will eventually fix them, but hey... at this point, dance studios may arrive before we see that.

- - - Updated - - -

Vol'dun is the home of the vulpera, where they are currently enslaved by the sethrak, the horde gets a rep faction with them.
    Welp, I stand corrected then. Assuming they are in fact a Horde-only faction, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeph76 View Post
    Haha exactly

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    I... really don't know if that was why they got screwed around with. It's possible, I suppose. I really wasn't paying that much attention at the time.

On principle, I think that Blizzard needs to analyze feedback (if they had, the female worgen in this case would not have been brought live), but at the same time needs to know when it's garbage. For the most part I think they handle this well, they just make their own mistakes and occasionally botch their aesthetic designs. Worgen, especially female worgen, are a good example in this case.

I still think that Blizzard will eventually fix them, but hey... at this point, dance studios may arrive before we see that.
    Worgen in general fetched a lot of "They look like terrible furry characters" from their beta models, Blizzard's redesigns seemed a bit too pointed towards making them "fierce" but ended up destroying any expressiveness the males could have and utterly ruined the female models.

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Worgen in general fetched a lot of "They look like terrible furry characters" from their beta models, Blizzard's redesigns seemed a bit too pointed towards making them "fierce" but ended up destroying any expressiveness the males could have and utterly ruined the female models.
    What I recall of female worgen in the beta really does not strike me as 'furry' so much as the current model with human eyes and features does. I guess this is something to do with the hideous permasnarl? I think it looks pretty bad. Maybe we're thinking of different models, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, horde only leveling zone horde only faction. There definitely is a split in the community where people want/hate them. In the random chance they do go alliance i won't really care it's just a similar case to the worgen where people will go crazy with them not to mention the goldshire inn...
    Well keep in mind that max level content will have both factions on both continents/islands. Vulpera I could definitely see as being friendly to Alliance as well as Horde, but it's hard to say for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1312 View Post
    Do you want to play as a Vulpera??
    Sure. They could be a fun counterpoint to goblins (bazaar merchants versus oily mafiosos). Think less "Hey pal, I got a great deal for ya," and more "Ah, my friend, you have wonderful taste. I can see you know quality, so I will give you a good deal, yes?"
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Vulpera are in no shape or form as sexualized as blood elves, Draenei, Void Elves, Night Elves or Nightborne though. In fact, I struggle to see anything sexual about them.

But to each his own, people are sexually attracted to weirder things.

- - - Updated - - -

Vulpera have been requested since Blizzcon, hence the introduction of them.

And seriously, I'm glad that the developers of the game have more imagination and creative freedom than people such as yourself.
    Hmm hmm big fat humans, very innovative. It only costs some additional retcons and we have new allied race. Fox people? Hell yeah, screw ogres, broken draenei, high elves.. Lets add something new and cool, because it clearly worked with void elves and lightforged draenei. "Muh creative freedom. I care only about design, cutenes and coolness",

fck the future of warcraft, lets have 2 superfactions filled with 20 different critter races fighting each other without any reason, because this is what warcraft is about, to "play them all" because they arent bland orcs and humans, they are something better and cooler in every way
    Last edited by Andromedes; 2018-02-27 at 02:07 AM.

Hmm hmm big fat humans, very innovative. It only costs some additional retcons and we have new allied race. Fox people? Hell yeah, screw ogres, broken draenei, high elves.. Lets add something new and cool, because it clearly worked with void elves and lightforged draenei. "Muh creative freedom. I care only about design, cutenes and coolness"
    Your imagination is hampered by the fact that you believe them all to be mutually exclusive I'd say. Luckily, the devs are not quite so narrow-minded.
    At any rate, it's entirely subjective what one thinks of Broken, Ogres and High Elves. I for one think the Ogres deserve to be a new race by the old rules, rather than an Allied race.