Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    yeah cause crack and cocaine are the same thing? wtf? not even close (high wise). like comparing meth to molly. people that dont understand drugs at all are absurd to me. all you have to do is go to your local homeless shelter and talk to the people there... if you going to comment at least know wtf you talking about.

but yeah if USA came out and said this, this forum would be in a frenzy of shit posts.
    Crack and Cocaine ARE the same drug. Crack is the free base version of cocaine and the highs are very comparable. It's a simple process to turn cocaine powder into crack. Meth and molly are two completely separate drugs and the comparison is a bad one.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    yeah cause crack and cocaine are the same thing? wtf? not even close (high wise). like comparing meth to molly. people that dont understand drugs at all are absurd to me. all you have to do is go to your local homeless shelter and talk to the people there... if you going to comment at least know wtf you talking about.

but yeah if USA came out and said this, this forum would be in a frenzy of shit posts.
    Why would I care how high you get from crack and cocaine? I'm talking about the law and punishment disparity. Poor people, and especially black, were punished harder for using drugs they could afford, and of course it just made things a lot worse.
    Mother pus bucket!

This can't be constitutional. Severity of punishment based on where it was comitted?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    This can't be constitutional. Severity of punishment based on where it was comitted?
    The talk of increasing severity of punishment is due to the level of crime in the locations selected.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    But it would mean that people living in these areas are not equal before the law, like everyone else in the country, right?
    They are, but because many of the folks in the troubled neighborhoods have got it in for the world, the system and sometimes themselves or each other, there's visitation zones for the worst areas to de-weaponize the roaming gangs. They subjugate themselves for safety precautions because their youths cause a lot of trouble while often parents dream of and long for the old country they emigrated or fled - creating many bubbles that rarely fully correspond to the reality they or their families find themselves in. Those justly punished are difficult to reform which is at the root of the cause of this suggestion. You can only do so much to smooth over tensions, if controlling the chaos doesn't help solve the underlying problem people eventually start suggesting other ideas to mend it. Don't attribute to malice what can be explained by incompetence. As long as people are talking they're not fighting, but this is still a terrible idea and not how you help the root of the problem with the complex issues and challenges in combined integration and self-actualization.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2018-02-27 at 09:09 AM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tupimus View Post
    Shoot every marauder on the streets.

Keep doing it until they realize that Malmö isn't in the middle of the Sahara, or some other low resource shithole full of low resource shitholes committed to living a life of violence, robbery and extortion.

Then you keep doing it for the next fifteen years and decide you need to burn the fucking stains off. Because they won't come off any other way.
    Who's ready for some facts?

No? Well, you're getting them anyway.

Homicide rate in Malmo: according to the local paper Sydsvenskan, the homicide rate is 3.4 per 100k residents. Official estimates include Malmo with the rest of its region and has 1.0 per 100k.

https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a...us-in-4-charts

Taking the largest of those, that would put Malmo AT MOST at number 66 out of 83 major US cities listed here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._by_crime_rate

It's not only near the bottom for a city, it's actually below the US national average of ~4.9 per 100k.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Strange how such a left wing people can be so right wing when it comes to diversity issues.
    Conservatives are left wing now?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C3%B8ren_Pape_Poulsen
    Last edited by Xarkan; 2018-02-27 at 09:19 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

Homicide rate in Malmo: according to the local paper Sydsvenskan, the homicide rate is 3.4 per 100k residents. Official estimates include Malmo with the rest of its region and has 1.0 per 100k.

Taking the largest of those, that would put Malmo AT MOST at number 66 out of 83 major US cities listed here:

It's not only near the bottom for a city, it's actually below the US national average of ~4.9 per 100k.
    Just because you're proud of having people slaughtered on your land doesn't mean I'm happy to see the shithole like Sweden go up in smoke and flames.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Sounds exactly like America's "War on Drugs" campaign which was proven to be racist.
    Declaring a hardline stance against a certain crime. Finding that a certain demographic commits the majority of said crimes. That's reality. People crying 'racism' are simply blind to reality.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post

What a joke, a crime is a crime. It doesn't matter who commits it they should all receive the same punishment. If they want harsher laws then make them harsher for everyone not just poor people.
    Indeed it does not matter who commits it. If you read again, it says it matters WHERE it is committed.
    And seriously someone burning the car of a poor person may ruin him, and is super duchebag move.
    Burning any car is super duchebag move, but I could replace my car with two month salary. While burning the car of someone that is really struggling may take him years to replace, or never replace, and it is even more despicable. Basically the law tells them: Burning car is illegal, but if you are going to burn a car anyway, go do it in a rich area for smaller punishment. A bit anti-rich, anti-middle class law, but anyway:

Anyone that does the burning in that area, gets same punishment, no matter who they are
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    https://www.thelocal.dk/20180226/dan...ivileged-areas

Vandalism, theft and threatening behaviour will be punished more severely in areas defined as 'special punishment zones', according to a new plan to be set out by the Danish government.
    Double punishments for certain types of offence committed in underprivileged areas defined as 'ghettos' will form part of a programme of measures aimed at the marginalised zones, Justice Minister Søren Pape Poulsen told newspaper Berlingske.

They exact types of crime to be subjected to the harsher punishments is yet to be confirmed, but will be defined as part of the parliamentary process to establish the new measures, according to the report.

The government will not decide which areas are to be subject to 'double punishment' for the crimes in question.

This will be left under the jurisdiction of police chiefs locally, Berlingske reports.

But Poulsen told the newspaper that forms of criminality that contributed to 'parallel societies' would be targeted by the measure.

"Vandalism, theft or threats could be the reason [for stricter punishments]. That means the hammer will fall extra hard in those areas," he said.

Parliamentary ally the Danish People's Party said it would not comment on the report before seeing the proposal in its entirety.

But opposition Social Democrat spokesperson Trine Bramsen told Berlingske that her party considered the measure of targeting specified areas with harsher punishments "sensible".

A concerted effort to reduce crime and social inequality in Denmark's underprivileged areas was announced by Prime Minister Lars Løkke Rasmussen in his traditional New Year's speech.

But the measure could represent a gamble with rule of law in the Scandinavian country, said Birgitte Arent Eiriksson, legal advisor with thinktank Justitia.

"Where there is rule of law, it is very, very important that everyone is equal before the law. But I find it difficult to see how that could be the case with this proposal," she said.

Additional sources: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-ghettos.html
    http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel...rtikel=6894478
    https://www.svt.se/nyheter/utrikes/d...traff-i-getton

- - - Updated - - -

Would this be effective to crackdown on crime in those areas or do you think it's not going to solve anything?
    so, they propose a society with a second class of "citizen". there isnt one work of fiction, or moment in history where that didnt backfire and have that society collapse. i wish them the best, until their new overlords liberate and take control of the country

Quote Originally Posted by Tupimus View Post
    Just because you're proud of having people slaughtered on your land doesn't mean I'm happy to see the shithole like Sweden go up in smoke and flames.
    Isn't my land, and Malmo's homicide rate is low by most big city standards.

Sorry, your narrative just doesn't work.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Strange how such a left wing people can be so right wing when it comes to diversity issues.
    Regardless of the side of your spectrum you find yourself at, communists and fascists support the same authoritarian idea that might makes right meaning they're two sides of the same coin when it comes to extreme radical fundamental ideology. How far you can go using force outside of personal self-defense is why we have huge nuance in political ideas on how best to create a utopia instead of dystopia. You can try to simplify but it'll never become a simple matter to sum up without leaving out important nuances you have to ignore to fit your models.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

That is Malmö though, Swedish. It is a pot of tons of different nationalities and aren't included in this negotiation.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing to do with diversity.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Regardless of the side of your spectrum you find yourself at, communists and fascists support the same authoritarian idea that might makes right meaning they're two sides of the same coin when it comes to extreme radical fundamental ideology. How far you can go using force outside of personal self-defense is why we have huge nuance in political ideas on how best to create a utopia instead of dystopia. You can try to simplify but it'll never become a simple matter to sum up without leaving out important nuances you have to ignore to fit your models.
    The minister of justice is a conservative.. Sure you might have a point but it is irrelevant, he is not left wing, the policy is not left wing, the government is not left wing.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is probably not the way to fix the issue of increased crime in these "ghetto" areas, however something needs to be done about it. The crime rate and murder rate in Denmark is still relatively low compared to the US, however i feel it is a failure to compare Denmark to a place like USA. The country has long been known for a better quality of life, and the increasing crime rate in these areas are not destroying it, but it is going down hill.
    My opinion would be to make the rules of immigration tougher, and be quicker to throw criminals out again. Also increased effort of policing in these areas to promote safety and discourage crime.
    It is a hard line to walk, because on one hand i want to be including and let everyone in and enjoy this beautiful country, and on the other hand i want to keep everyone out so they don't destroy what we have.
    The problem when going after crime in areas like these is that people will always call it racism, however numbers and facts don't care about who you are, which is where this proposal is based - FACTS!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Well I guess justice is no longer blind in Denmark.
    not when conservatives like pape does it

As a Dane I know how bad certain areas are in Denmark (I.e we have some really horrible ghettos that seriously need to be fixed somehow) - but this idea that they have about giving extra punishment when committing crime in 1 area makes me believe, that they'll just go and do their criminal activities outside the "zones" - just in case they get caught. So My theory is that they'll just spread their criminal activities to other places, making it look like the crime rate goes down in those areas while they'll increase in other areas where crime was not such a massive problem as they are in the "zones" they're talking about.

Not to mention that I don't believe their idea is even legal. Not the slightest.
    They need to find another way to deal with foreign criminals. Take their citizenship, and kick them out. It seems harsh but it's the only thing that will work. We also have to look at all the conventions for kicking 2'nd-3'rd generation criminals out for good to their countries where they still have family and visits regularly (they have ties in those countries so obviously they can be sent back). I'm very much hinting towards the infamous Levakovich familiy that is living off of crime, and somehow always manages to come back to Denmark.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    That is Malmö though, Swedish. It is a pot of tons of different nationalities and aren't included in this negotiation.
    He's the one who brought up Malmo. *Shrug*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hynx View Post
    so, they propose a society with a second class of "citizen". there isnt one work of fiction, or moment in history where that didnt backfire and have that society collapse. i wish them the best, until their new overlords liberate and take control of the country
    It is their last step. The next stage is forcefully evict people and desolve the ghetto's and make them more suitable for everyone, spreading the evicted people across the country depending on having jobs or not. That is the last thing they wish to do.