Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    and what are these magical fresh servers?

- - - Updated - - -

Sharding? No my friend. The rogue that spams sinister strike the fastest wins. It's the law of fresh.

the game will have sharding FOR SURE at launch. the massive thousands all stuck in 6 zones made for about 5 people at once per zone, will be too much to do anything, so im sure for the first month till people are more split and people are no longer all playing 24/7, they will undo sharding.
    The joy in fresh is what the name implies, a fresh server with the content reset to MC.

Everyone starts at level 1, ground zero. STV becomes a huge field of death and pro players distinguish themselves. When fresh arises, everyone leaves their dead servers and start anew. It's beautiful. It's fresh.

Sharding? No my friend. The rogue which spams sinister strike first wins. Such is the law of fresh.
    Last edited by tikcol; 2018-02-27 at 07:54 AM.

After Naxx there is......nothing. There is no way Blizzard will write a new storyline for an old game. Retail is the continued storyline, as a lot of hardcore no changes classic players like to keep saying to people: "no changes, if you want changes go play retail".

TBC servers would be a logical next step if the business model makes sense.

If they release classic with the original timelines you have a long time before you will have everything on farm and fully geared, this will enable Blizzard to fully analyse the longterm player-base to see if any further retro realms (TBC, WotLK) will be financially viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Snookiwooki View Post
    After Naxx there is......nothing. There is no way Blizzard will write a new storyline for an old game. Retail is the continued storyline, as a lot of hardcore no changes classic players like to keep saying to people: "no changes, if you want changes go play retail".

TBC servers would be a logical next step if the business model makes sense.

If they release classic with the original timelines you have a long time before you will have everything on farm and fully geared, this will enable Blizzard to fully analyse the longterm player-base to see if any further retro realms (TBC, WotLK) will be financially viable.
    How dare you say fresh is nothing. Blasphemy!

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyfoxy View Post
    pretty much everything in the progression can be handled on the server side and doesn't need a client update, since all the content in vanilla already exists so there is nothing really to add.
    The only real deciding factor here, is if they want to release progressive talent tree, or if they want to run entire vanilla with the revamped talents. cause with a progressive talent tree, you would need actual client updates.
    Yes, some things can be done server side and some things can't. One thing they could do rather than launch new servers would be for the content to unlock in a different manner. For example once your guild or raid group have reached a certain goal (x Ragnaros kills for example) then the next tier would become available to you. That way if you and your guild chose to roll on another server you'd get the same progression as you would the first time round. This would however require them to tune the early encounters around DM gear and things like that so it doesn't become pushover easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Take it from me... the moderators don't take kindly to you beating them to the punch.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't understand these... or really the whole vanilla crowd when it comes to post vanilla topics.

You guys want them to development the same content... but without the changes you disliked. Essentially creating a very different game.

Wanting to rexeperience vanilla... I get. Wanting "x"expansion minus what you THINK didn't work... not so much.
    Is it the trend that most of the people who dont "get" that others could want change to the game are American? Or is it just me?

To me its really not something thats hard to get. But i'm from a country where echochambers are frowned upon generally

While 1,3 and 4 seems the most likely choices i would REALLY love it if option 2 was the case. Let this second dev team do their take on how it should have gone post Naxx. It isn't like it will be actual lore. They can just claim the classic servers are now in a what-if alternative universe.

New TBC legacy server. Possibility of migrating the character from Classic to that server but the Classic server remains as it is.

That would be my dream. Don't think it will happen though

I am actually beginning to think this is one big troll from Blizzard to get people on forums to come up with as many outlandish requests and ideas as possible. I know there is a chance that millions will play classic but in reality I do think the numbers will be stable at around 100k or less. Do you think Blizzard will develop a whole new storyline for that number of subs (assuming its a seperate sub)?

I will absolutely play classic, tweaks or not I will aim to raid and finish Naxx, but honestly how many people are going to stick around 18months for Naxx release?

You asked for Vanilla, you get Vanilla. Once you're done with Naxx, that's it. All done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    You asked for Vanilla, you get Vanilla. Once you're done with Naxx, that's it. All done.
    so if i asked for vanilla with something else will i get that?

How do you know OP asked for vanilla?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Yes, some things can be done server side and some things can't. One thing they could do rather than launch new servers would be for the content to unlock in a different manner. For example once your guild or raid group have reached a certain goal (x Ragnaros kills for example) then the next tier would become available to you. That way if you and your guild chose to roll on another server you'd get the same progression as you would the first time round. This would however require them to tune the early encounters around DM gear and things like that so it doesn't become pushover easy.
    I don't think it will be a big problem. If we assume that servers will start on patch 1.0 and progress all the way to 1.12 over 1½ years, they could release a fresh server every year and simply have the client run both current patches. Yes it would require some work from blizzard, but I am sure that it will be possible.

They might make a TBC server if there's enough demand for Vanilla after the initial rush I suppose.

"1.13" will never happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Patch 1.13 seems highly unlikely. Bringing back TBC would probably be the more popular opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Atherions View Post
    Patch 1.13 seems highly unlikely. Bringing back TBC would probably be the more popular opinion.
    Yeah I think it would be too big of a gamble to risk pissing purists off by adding content to vanilla that wasn't there to begin with, not to mention pissing retail players off by giving Classic exclusive content. The safe bet is to allow people to continue on to TBC if they choose to do so.

Deleted
    The greed never ceases to amaze me... haven't even got Vanilla yet, already talking about wanting TBC and beyond? Give me a break...

Deleted
    One year-long seasons. Reset after. Characters moved to nonseason servers.

Deleted
    only someone who doesnt know how MANY month it will take you from MC to Naxx can ask such a silly question

What happens is the same thing as all Private Servers - they die. Once you've cleared Naxx 5 or 6 times, then what more is there to do? Yes, some people will want to farm their full T3 or until they get MoM or Gressil but I think a decent chunk of raiders are done once they clear it.

I'm a massive advocate of #2. Which is the direction they should've taken all along imo.

I think probably #3 or #4 though.

If Blizzard are smart, they'll have to come up with something or they will die 6 months after Naxx

Quote Originally Posted by Tidders View Post
    The greed never ceases to amaze me... haven't even got Vanilla yet, already talking about wanting TBC and beyond? Give me a break...
    Really, people being greedy still amazes you?

It's a certainty that a small, opinionated number of people will demand something more than whats on offer regardless of how good it is.

Nothing else past Naxx seems ok as a concept. In vanilla it was barely a few % who got to see Naxx - if the "requirements" to get that far remain the same then it would take a few years at least for majority of people now.

What would be best is to simply keep the server at Naxx level and create a new server with TBC nostalgia for those who want to progress through. Blizzard can pretty much recharge all the people every expansion for content they have practically released over a decade ago. Apply the same for Wotlk, Cata, MoP as years go by.