Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This thread had a guy screaming about how Kurds are sending children to fight.
    Well, since it is Middle East and everyone here loves whataboutisms... have one too:
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-43196397
    "Turkey's Erdogan in row over 'girl martyr' comment on TV"

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I doubt Turkey wants it. Syrians barely want it.

Assad has to play nice with the Kurds though. Once Turkey leaves, they still have to be dealt with and he can’t afford to fight on another front. I’m sure he also hopes that the Kurds will want revenge against the Turkish-backed Syrian opposition.
    Turkey won't leave, that's the problem. It will end up with Kurds getting an American protectorate and the Syrian opposition/various jihadist factions getting a Turkish protectorate. Syria is on the bad end of it all though.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Turkey won't leave, that's the problem. It will end up with Kurds getting an American protectorate and the Syrian opposition/various jihadist factions getting a Turkish protectorate. Syria is on the bad end of it all though.
    I think you’re overestimating their resolve. The US has pretty much all but abandoned the Kurds, just like they did the FSA. The Turks could give two shits about the inbreds in Idlib in the long run. They run the risk of Russia and Iran supporting the Kurds if they do

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I think you’re overestimating their resolve. The US has pretty much all but abandoned the Kurds, just like they did the FSA. The Turks could give two shits about the inbreds in Idlib in the long run. They run the risk of Russia and Iran supporting the Kurds if they do
    The US will abandon the Kurds, but they are still instrumental in forcing the overthrowing of Assad. For instance, they'll never allow the Kurd-controlled part of Syria to be part of any deal with the government in Damascus whatsoever untill Assad is gone. The same applies for any territory under the control of Turkey. There are barriers between the various players in this scenario which simply can't be crossed and Syria is going to be in a terrible stalemate for a long time to come, with various countries controlling various groups within Syria who will in turn control different pieces of its territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    I would think getting more representation would lessen the calls for autonomy somewhat.
    The real problem of the region is related with economics. The people of the region are quite poor, among the poorest in Turkey and quite poorly educated as well. They have not much to lose going to mountain and on average getting killed in 3-4 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    This thread had a guy screaming about how Kurds are sending children to fight.
    Well, since it is Middle East and everyone here loves whataboutisms... have one too:
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-43196397
    "Turkey's Erdogan in row over 'girl martyr' comment on TV"
    Lol, that's the new lowest level for a Turkish government. Tho, we still do not send our children to a certain death.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2018-02-27 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    The US will abandon the Kurds, but they are still instrumental in forcing the overthrowing of Assad. For instance, they'll never allow the Kurd-controlled part of Syria to be part of any deal with the government in Damascus whatsoever untill Assad is gone. The same applies for any territory under the control of Turkey. There are barriers between the various players in this scenario which simply can't be crossed and Syria is going to be in a terrible stalemate for a long time to come, with various countries controlling various groups within Syria who will in turn control different pieces of its territory.
    The Kurds already willingly gave the SAF territories back in Aleppo, so I doubt they will be as obstinate as you think. They seem to only really care about defending what was already theirs. Nonetheless, they have no real bargaining chip in impacting in future leadership of Syria.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    I'm Swedish and I'd fight for the Assad government if I lived in Syria, under his rule, sunnis, shia, christian, alawite, jazidis, satanists, and pagans were all living in peace UNTIL the USA gave money and weapons to the sunni extremists that entered Syria from Libya and Saudi arabia.

If Assad falls, Syria will never become a democracy just like Libya, it will be a permanently destroyed culture that can ONLY turn into an islamic state as the only faction that will always be ready to fight to the death are the sunni extremist rebels.
    This guy is telling some smart stuff here. I always facepalm when i see on forums posts like *we need to remove Assad or someone else to bring democracy*. Seems like people like that got 3-second long memory as a fish. You tried it in Libya, it was pretty wellfare country, and now its one of world most dangerous and chaotic shitholes. Those western countries that did it deserves to be nuked. Libya is one of the reasons why ISIS is a thing, and Iraq and former Saddam officers that all were fired after US company - is another. I still dont see good example of democracy in Afghanistan and Iraq. So stop hiding guys geopolitical interests of your country behind nice words. Just say it as it is - we need to bring down Assad because this and that. And discussion will be much easier. No one believes in this democratical stuff anymore, its pathetic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nazerdam View Post
    I am not letting this thread die as long as there is single pkk=ypg terrorist stand alive. These are the people you are protecting and then speak of civilian lives when Turkey do something to protect itself, go on. I don't think you'll never feel the shame but some may still be saved.

These old people found today, tied up in a barn with a booby trapped hand granedes. They were left to be executed hadn't it been noticed. Go on, tell the story that ypg fights for the people.

And here is one Turkish soldier brutally helping them.

Not an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    The real problem of the region is related with economics. The people of the region are quite poor, among the poorest in Turkey and quite poorly educated as well. They have not much to lose going to mountain and on average getting killed in 3-4 years.
    And that is something you have to solve politically, not by force
    And if you can demonstrate that they are heard and get to participate at the same time--politically--that is how you draw support away from the terrorists.
    I think that supporting the Kurds in Syria might have been advantageous for Turkey if done right, fighting them means Turkey will have to stay around or make room for Assad.

7+ Year Old Account
    Also i dont understand, if US are so good gays, why dont they support opressed people, whose whole history was fighting for freedom and independance. I mean Kurds ofc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Things just keep getting better and better. *facepalm*

I wonder how long it takes before someone snaps and just presses the red button, removing 90% of the world's problems.

And yeah, fuck Erdogan too.

Infracted
    you do realize a blast of that size has ramifications to you also, tsunami's earthquakes if its on top of a tectonic plate etc etc would only make it much worse sure you would eliminate the target but also all surrounding countries and cities would be destroyed by the after events.
    Last edited by Mulled; 2018-02-27 at 10:14 AM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Oh hey look, its pissing match about who has the bestest plane!
    No it's one guy posting nonsense about the new Russian stuff just being refits, and people laughing at him.

No offense but reading the posts may have been quicker than writing three paragraphs about stuff nobody was discussing

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulled View Post
    you do realize a blast of that size has ramifications to you also
    Yeah after he posted it many of us pointed out to him that it would require an extinction level detonation lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    And that is something you have to solve politically, not by force
    And if you can demonstrate that they are heard and get to participate at the same time--politically--that is how you draw support away from the terrorists.
    I think that supporting the Kurds in Syria might have been advantageous for Turkey if done right, fighting them means Turkey will have to stay around or make room for Assad.
    What we need to do is improve the life standards of the people in South Eastern Turkey, not just Kurds but Turks living in there as well. And indeed, we should courage people to participate politically, but that doesn't mean we should stop fighting terrorist. What you also need to consider, however, is that PKK is putting much effort to block all possible movements in the region. They want monopoly over political voice of "Kurds".

As for Kurds in Syria, I disagree. Even if YPG wasn't PKK's Syrian wing, armed separatist movements in Syria is what we should not support.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2018-02-27 at 11:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Dentelan View Post
    Also i dont understand, if US are so good gays, why dont they support opressed people, whose whole history was fighting for freedom and independance. I mean Kurds ofc.
    Nobody, aside from US nationalists, thinks the US are the good guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    What we need to do is improve the life standards of the people in South Eastern Turkey, not just Kurds but Turks living in there as well. And indeed, we should courage people to participate politically, but that doesn't mean we should stop fighting terrorist. What you also need to consider, however, is that PKK is putting much effort to block all possible movements in the region. They want monopoly over political voice of "Kurds".

As for Kurds in Syria, I disagree. Even if YPG wasn't PKK's Syrian wing, armed separatist movements in Syria is what we should not support.
    So we agree on principle.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Ethnic Muslims aren't a thing.

But yeah. Infact, I'll just eliminate everyone that isn't me. And probs myself too.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, because Russia can really afford all of those right now.
    I never said there was a thing called ethnic Muslims. I said there are ethnic westerners who are Muslims. I expected nothing less from you, though.

Deleted
    I doubt Assad truly wants long open war with Turkey though. Some sort of agreement will have to be made with Turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Prabog View Post
    I doubt Assad truly wants long open war with Turkey though. Some sort of agreement will have to be made with Turkey.
    Of course not. As ineffective Turkish army may be, they still will walk over whatever is left of Syrian armed forces in case of real war.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    No it's one guy posting nonsense about the new Russian stuff just being refits, and people laughing at him.

No offense but reading the posts may have been quicker than writing three paragraphs about stuff nobody was discussing
    Yeah, true, got triggered

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Things just keep getting better and better. *facepalm*

I wonder how long it takes before someone snaps and just presses the red button, removing 90% of the world's problems.

And yeah, fuck Erdogan too.

Infracted
    lol You aint a big thinker. Look at that map and think again, how come a country that is so far we dont even see it in this map is involved in all these wars? (talking about USA). And how come every time they invade one of these "problem" they end up controlling more oil well?..
    Maybe the problem is actually USA. After all, they invaded Iraq for weapons that never existed...
    It s not even a conspiracy, a world without USA would be a peaceful world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Nobody, aside from US nationalists, thinks the US are the good guys.
    hahaha you're right. For real, 99% of the world's population know that USA is the bad guy.
    Every fuckin war, they get richer and have more oil. Every dictator has been put in place by CIA previously. Everytime we fight terrorist or isis, they fight back with weapons made in USA. When there is no terrorist they invent stories and end up invading a country for imaginary weapons of mass destruction (Iraq). Everytime they bring "freedom" in countries like Libya, they end up 3x poorer and with new terrorists.
    (BTW these terrorists are often nationalists that just cant stand to see their pro-US government give their oil to USA. Then the pro-US government ask for our help to get rid of them and then we have stupid Americans complaining that we are too gentle and should ask these countries to pay for our military help).

Deleted
    Of course not. As ineffective Turkish army may be, they still will walk over whatever is left of Syrian armed forces in case of real war.(
    Assad-Erdogan deal will probably involve Kurds getting short end of the stick once more.