Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Not sure what to make of this (girl problems)

So I asked my friends wifes sister (im also friends with his wife, we all went t HS together) out the last wednesday. She rejected me but was polite about it so I didnt really mind. I didnt ask like a creep and i didnt get angry or sad. I just said "thats fine, see you around" and left.

My friend that I mentioned was also moving out last sunday so she was there as well to help move. It was clear from the beginning that she was avoiding me and I guess thought things were awkward (i didnt feel that way). If I entered a room she would dart to the kitchen or if i went in the living room she would go outside. I gave her space. I didnt try to talk to her, make eye contact, or put myself near her on purpose. I just helped move stuff. I feel like her avoidance was a bit over the top but whatever.

The strange part is when I discovered that she blocked me on facebook the next day. Now I know the whole cut off contact thing, but i dont message her on facebook and rarely post on facebook as it is. Facebook doesnt matter but thats why it is so weird, if someone blocks you on facebook, then something must have gone really bad or something, right?

Im already over her but thats not the main issue. Its that my friend, my friends wife, and I are a part of a solid group of friends and sometimes her sister comes to. Like we hang out frequently so she cant 'really' avoid me. We used to get along really well and thats how she grew on me. I dont want her to feel that she cant come hangout just because im there.

So I guess my question is:
    1. Is she overreacting with the avoidance and facebook blocking?
    2. Can I expect things return to they way they were before I asked her out given enough time?

Why don't you ask her?

No way to know for sure unless you ask her, or you might try talking to one of the girls in the group because girls always talk about these things.

(I see Hana beat me to it.)

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Just tell her stop being stupid.

It's hard to say if she's overreacting, but if you think you did it right, perhaps she misunderstood something you said or simply is the type of person that just feels awkward about it for a couple of weeks. Maybe even she was already with someone and you weren't aware, that's definitely a possibility. I'm sure it'll probably sort itself out, but if not, maybe (not rudely obviously) confront her about it.

Feels like there is something missing here, but taking things to the next level with a member of a small, tight-knit group (some of whom are family members?) is always difficult unless you're both hanging out heaps and can't keep your hands off each other kind of thing. If it was me I'd ask the wife what the situation is, because I can guarantee the sister has confided in her.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    Why don't you ask her?
    Ive considered it but im also not trying to be the guy that keeps bothering the girl after she says no.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alabaster jones View Post
    Feels like there is something missing here, but taking things to the next level with a member of a small, tight-knit group (some of whom are family members?) is always difficult unless you're both hanging out heaps and can't keep your hands off each other kind of thing. If it was me I'd ask the wife what the situation is, because I can guarantee the sister has confided in her.
    I think Ive explained everything. What do you think is missing?

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    Ive considered it but im also not trying to be the guy that keeps bothering the girl after she says no.
    Yet you made a post about it on a forum.
    Pretty sure that none of us is the girl in question, so what do we really know?
    You can either run circles or just ask the person in question or drop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paetolus View Post
    It's hard to say if she's overreacting, but if you think you did it right, perhaps she misunderstood something you said or simply is the type of person that just feels awkward about it for a couple of weeks. Maybe even she was already with someone and you weren't aware, that's definitely a possibility. I'm sure it'll probably sort itself out, but if not, maybe (not rudely obviously) confront her about it.
    Nah, I know she is single. Its only been a couple of days so Im willing to give it time

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't bother talking about it. Bitch is psycho and you're just going to be dragged down into her insanity if you pursue it further. If you're really over it, act like it.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

what exactly did you say. you say that you didn't ask like a creep, but what were your words exactly when you asked her out?

Yet you made a post about it on a forum.
    Pretty sure that none of us is the girl in question, so what do we really know?
    You can either run circles or just ask the person in question or drop it.

Clearly, but Im just asking for advice or if people had similar experiences etc etc. It just caught me off guard. I yield to the fact that only she knows the real answer.

If you're telling the whole story then she's the one with issues and you can just ignore her.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

"I just want to make sure things are not awkward between us. I did not mean to make you uncomfortable by asking you out. If you want to be friends, cool. If not, that's also fine. I'll see you around."

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    what exactly did you say. you say that you didn't ask like a creep, but what were your words exactly when you asked her out?
    I said "Girl names here, I think you are sweet, pretty, and incredibly smart, and I'd like to get to know you better. Would you like to get dinner and see a movie with me this weekend?" Thats word for word.

Deleted
    Girls are crazy. Don't try to find logic behind that.

Clearly, but Im just asking for advice or if people had similar experiences etc etc. It just caught me off guard. I yield to the fact that only she knows the real answer.
    Well, there's so many reasons why she could act the way she acts.
    Can't really come up with anything that is more likely than something else.

I said "Girl names here, I think you are sweet, pretty, and incredibly smart, and I'd like to get to know you better. Would you like to get dinner and see a movie with me this weekend?" Thats word for word.
    The bolded part can be seen as slightly creepy, especially when it comes out of the blue.
    Whilst there's nothing wrong with telling someone else these things, there's a chance you'll scare them off if they don't like you in return.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2018-02-27 at 02:33 PM.

She wants you to start the conversation, then when you ask her about the fb thingy, shell answer cause you ignored her on that day, then you both will argue a bit, and finally realize that she does wanted to start a relationship with you just that your "give her space" translated to "you said no ill ignore you", after some clarifications youll have a date that week and your fairy tale starts , grats man.

Ether ask her or leave it alone....

Be a adult?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The bolded part can be seen as slightly creepy, especially when it comes out of the blue.
    Whilst there's nothing wrong with telling someone else these things, there's a chance you'll scare them off if they don't like you in return.
    Good to know

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daevied View Post
    She wants you to start the conversation, then when you ask her about the fb thingy, shell answer cause you ignored her on that day, then you both will argue a bit, and finally realize that she does wanted to start a relationship with you just that your "give her space" translated to "you said no ill ignore you", after some clarifications youll have a date that week and your fairy tale starts , grats man.
    were it so easy lmao
    Last edited by LedZeppelin; 2018-03-11 at 06:30 AM.