Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Riproarin View Post
    People always will hate an expac than when it gets old they praise it. Classic is a great example of this. During BFA you will start to see people praise WoD a little bit. Happens every time
    I'd be willing to bet you won't find many at all that will ever praise WoD for anything beyond the Raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    MoP is far superior to any expansion after it so far, the only people NOT praising pandaland is the salty kungfu panda commenters.

Class design was godly
    Wpvp was very much alive, and even balanced compared to the shitshows of WoD and Legion
    Pvp was alive in general
    The pve was great, varied, we have scenarios raids dungeons and dailies that switched up constantly, were not tedious at all honestly.

I could go on but yeah.. the lore was actually pretty expansive too. This was the last xpac before Blizz B team, otherwise known as the D3 team, took over and started pruning all of our abilities and implementing their fucktarded dumbass ideas.
    Isn't it also the expansion that introduced that CRZ nonsense we all know and hate? And didn't everyone hate the Golden Lotus dailies that you HAD to do in order to unlock two other factions' dailies? And wasn't it also the expansion that did away with the classic talent trees, gave us the current "pick 1 of 3" setup, and began the pruning?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

MoP is far superior to any expansion after it so far, the only people NOT praising pandaland is the salty kungfu panda commenters.

Class design was godly
    Wpvp was very much alive, and even balanced compared to the shitshows of WoD and Legion
    Pvp was alive in general
    The pve was great, varied, we have scenarios raids dungeons and dailies that switched up constantly, were not tedious at all honestly.

I could go on but yeah.. the lore was actually pretty expansive too. This was the last xpac before Blizz B team, otherwise known as the D3 team, took over and started pruning all of our abilities and implementing their fucktarded dumbass ideas.
    As someone who has played the game since vanilla, I'd like to put my spin on why I think MoP wasn't that great.

Class design was fine pre-MoP as well.
    I personally don't care for PvP but great for you guys that do.
    No, god no, the PvE was not "great". Cata's (except for DS) was much better. Scenarios were overhyped content that failed pretty bad. CMs were cool but had little to no incentive/purpose once you completed them on gold. Dungeons were pointless (like every expansion) once you outgeared them. The raids were NOT that great (I legit did like Cata's better, except for DS); SoO is one of my least favorite raids to date (though DS was worse). The other raids were pretty forgettable, especially the overhyped Throne of Thunder that wasn't anything like the "Ulduar 2.0" the devs were calling it.

What it truly boiled down to was another expansion in the decline period with an arguably worse theme idea than Cata. I don't mind the pandas or pandaria, I just minded that the entire expansion was on the area. I don't need it to be the complete opposite side (like WoD was, which was an even worse expansion), but I do like some variety, which Pandaria really didn't offer in terms of its zones. Dread Wastes was a bit unlike the others but still followed the same theme.

If you truly liked MoP better than Cata, great, good for you, but that's not the case for everyone, and no matter how you look at it, both expansions were worse than BC/LK and better than WoD. Similarly to the BC/LK bond, Cata/MoP share a similar one being under the (vastly superior) earlier one.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

With a mentality where you judge an expansion based on one of the new races it introduces, it is mighty obvious why you are so confused about this.

Many people who have enjoyed MoP loved the mini patches that arrived between raid contents, and up to this day, MoP is the expansion with the most varied content. Scenarios might have been a little on the gimmick side, but at least they were extra content. Plus, MoP introduced the timeless isle concept to the game, and the gear catch-up mechanic that it brought is still used by blizzard to this day(See Argus). The raids have also been really good, and MoP had by far the most cohesive story to date. I'm not saying it's a good story; just one that actually made sense when looking at it from a story perspective. Compare it to Legion, where you ress Illidan so that he boasts around and never does anything. Or the Broken Shore where all those great heroes send you to do their dirty work for them while they just hang around. Kil'Jaeden didn't even make an appearance, whereas Lei Shen's reputation made him a frightening opponent way before Throne of Thunder landed.

Another reason people enjoyed MoP a great deal were the class abilities and mechanics. Many specs worked and felt great at the time, and then blizzard messed up some of them royally to the point where certain specs are in a very weird place(Survival, Demonology, to name a few).

I, personally, have enjoyed the theme of MoP and the zones a great deal. I loved the panda culture and the struggles they faced, compared to "Hurr durr kill demons because demons=bad." Every zone had its distinct personality and struggles, which made them much more engaging compared to Legion where the threat is always the same.

It was never that highly disliked, aside from the "lol pandas" remarks, to start with.

Only natural that, with the following sub-par expansion, that it would get an even better reputation.

10+ Year Old Account
    People always will hate an expac than when it gets old they praise it. Classic is a great example of this. During BFA you will start to see people praise WoD a little bit. Happens every time
    WoD didn't get much praise with Legion, in general when they cut content from WoD and made the story a complete shit fest, it gave people such a bad taste in their mouth that just thinking about picking up again that story, people bitch (look at the threads of Draenor Orcs).

Note: And i'm just pointing out the lore reasons why people did not liked it (the zones were at least good looking)

5+ Year Old Account
    Because of:
    Rep daily grind
    Timeless isle frog grind as a catch-up mechanic
    Aloof humour
    Scenarios
    Banners on Warriors and Chakras on Priests as 'good' class design

oh..
    Last edited by CasualFilth; 2018-02-27 at 09:54 PM.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    Arena was kind of shit to much cc but everything else was solid.
    That I can agree on.. but it is a problem since Cata. At least arena had people playing lul. Even today you often ask yourself "can I please play my character now?" it's just some xpacs make it more obvious than others, not sure why.. but it definitely doesn't seem like CC has been toned down at all. If you're unfortunate enough to play a caster in Legion then you have melee constantly riding your cock with permanent snares, interrupts, stuns, etc. it is just less noticeable on melee.

I loved mop causal pvp but mythic+ was worth the sacrifice.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    What made MoP so great for me were the dailies. Okay, yes at launch they were a little bit too grindy, but once 5.1 came out with those account wide rep buffs at revered they became fun. Unlocking story content as you went along with the expansion. Whether it was something small and silly like your farm or big like the 5.1 campaign.
    You are praising the 5.1 questline, but in another thread you were shitting on the content/time gating of Legion. Hmmm..
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

That I can agree on.. but it is a problem since Cata. At least arena had people playing lul. Even today you often ask yourself "can I please play my character now?" it's just some xpacs make it more obvious than others, not sure why.. but it definitely doesn't seem like CC has been toned down at all. If you're unfortunate enough to play a caster in Legion then you have melee constantly riding your cock with permanent snares, interrupts, stuns, etc. it is just less noticeable on melee.
    The last season of cata was pretty balanced everyone was good but resto druids and that was changeable with a couple hot fixes. Mop casual pvp was godly I didn't need cool downs to move someones health bar and kiting meant something even as a melee. I could kill half a battleground by myself on caster melee were to cooldown dependent for it though. I could get some good 1v3's going but nothing beat ranged for casual pvp that expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    I loved mop causal pvp but mythic+ was worth the sacrifice.
    Despite all its problems, Mythic+ is a huge reason why I like Legion better than both Cata and MoP, and I only see it getting better in BfA, expansion 8, and the future. Simple, genius, idea that keeps dungeons alive through the expansion.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am already praising WoD because I genuinely hate Legion and I honestly think it's the worst spec we've had.
    PvP is all but destroyed in Legion.
    WPvP literally IS destroyed in Legion.
    WQ ad naseum forever.
    Broken Shores and Argus areas.
    Artifact weapons.
    Legendary RNG grinding.
    Titanforging to above mythic level gear.
    I could probably go on and on but I don't want to fuck up the thread too much.

EDIT; well not really praising. WoD was a pretty bad expansion content-wise, but you get my point. It's above Legion for me.
    Last edited by Gungnir; 2018-02-27 at 09:53 PM.

-Great, if not perfect, patch cycle (aside of the very end, but I guess one year of nothing before next expansion is to be expected)
    -All raiding tiers being really good, ToT being one of the best raids ever (opinion)
    -Simple yet pretty good casual content. Isle of Thunder and Dominance Point dailies were much better than world quests, and Timeless Isle was a great time sink in the time of no content
    -Introduction of 3 great battlegrounds for PvPers, and PvP being in overall decent state
    -Really good class design overall. No fixing what wasn't broken, and the redesigns of specs that needed them went great. New talent trees were a step in the right direction.
    -Brawlers Guild baby!
    -Cooking split into like 5 branches, with cooking dailies and Harvest Moon clone

For me personally, the more relaxed atmosphere was amazing. Valley of the Four Winds, where the biggest conflict is "Chen has been kicked out of his brewery, so he needs to make some sweet ass beer" might be my favourite zone in the game.

Mop is and will be the worst expansion ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladedance View Post
    I ended Cata with 8 IRL friends playing wow. MOP took that number down to 1. Sure you can argue that MOP had some cool content but soo many people seem to forget that right before Cata was pretty legit until the dragon soul patch. Have you guys forgotten how good BWD,FL and to a lesser extent, BoT was? Every time people diss Cata as the 'casual expansion' they conveniently forget to mention that it had some of the hardest dungeons and pretty challenging raids prior to the nerfs and DS patch. Then those same people praise MOP as the be all end all of expansions. Sure, compared to Dragon Soul Cata and the shitshow that was WOD it was good, but if I remember correctly, people where not happy at the time, everyone was far more salty about the kung fu panda expansion than they are now. Just, for a second, imagine that MOP didn't exist (yet), and after imprisoning Sargeras and defeating a Titan you would get friggin Pandas, idk about you but I would not be too happy.
    MoP has been getting high praise since about a month or two after its release. People were, mostly, only salty at first untill they actually tried it. A few stubborn people held on to the baseless hate and never noticed how most people stopped agreeing with them so insulated themselves in a nice little ignorant bubble.

So we just keep getting threads about it like its some new thing.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Babadoo View Post
    Mop is and will be the worst expansion ever made.
    Damn such complex much argument can't defeat power level is raising.

Very few people praise Cata, no one praises WoD, so no thats not true really. It doesn't "happen every time" we just had a bunch of good expansions till Cata so people didnt praise it, then MoP came and the praise started and this ridiculous notion that people only praise after the fact came out from people who couldn't get over "Hur dur, they copied Jack Black"
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bladedance View Post
    I ended Cata with 8 IRL friends playing wow. MOP took that number down to 1. Sure you can argue that MOP had some cool content but soo many people seem to forget that right before Cata was pretty legit until the dragon soul patch. Have you guys forgotten how good BWD,FL and to a lesser extent, BoT was? Every time people diss Cata as the 'casual expansion' they conveniently forget to mention that it had some of the hardest dungeons and pretty challenging raids prior to the nerfs and DS patch. Then those same people praise MOP as the be all end all of expansions. Sure, compared to Dragon Soul Cata and the shitshow that was WOD it was good, but if I remember correctly, people where not happy at the time, everyone was far more salty about the kung fu panda expansion than they are now. Just, for a second, imagine that MOP didn't exist (yet), and after imprisoning Sargeras and defeating a Titan you would get friggin Pandas, idk about you but I would not be too happy.
    Just because you and your friends are stupidly xenophobic against a fictional video game race, (and let's be honest, probably IRL racist against the racial cultures they're based upon) doesn't make any of what you said actually true. MoP had content. Lots of it and the patch cycle was fast and consistent up until the final patch drought which literally every expansion has had (Hoping Legion breaks that drought cycle). Cataclysm absolutely did not. Keep lying to yourself, but outside of the initial leveling experience through the new zones and MAAAAYBE the first tier of raiding, Cataclysm was fucking abysmally dry and lacking, with story loose ends every which way you could look and horrible writing. Pandaria was new. Fresh. Not some recycled garbage that Blizzard concocted just to stroke its own epeen or nostalgia. The lore was new and actually really wonderful and the expansion actually had a worthwhile message. Whereas Cataclysm was hollow, broke the old world leveling experience for no reason whatsoever and might as well have not existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Despite all its problems, Mythic+ is a huge reason why I like Legion better than both Cata and MoP, and I only see it getting better in BfA, expansion 8, and the future. Simple, genius, idea that keeps dungeons alive through the expansion.
    I just hope they give caster something to help deal with mobs cause a lot of us can't chain stun also make more dps punishing keys. The current ones shift the worked on to the healer outside of explosive balls and even that over favors melee.

Let warlocks spread curse of tongues to make up for there lack of interupts.
    Let hunters be the only ranged spec that can create spell and physical push back.

Those are two examples of something you unique that can help those classes in mythic.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2018-02-27 at 10:01 PM.