Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    MoP is far superior to any expansion after it so far, the only people NOT praising pandaland is the salty kungfu panda commenters.

Class design was godly
    Wpvp was very much alive, and even balanced compared to the shitshows of WoD and Legion
    Pvp was alive in general
    The pve was great, varied, we have scenarios raids dungeons and dailies that switched up constantly, were not tedious at all honestly.

I could go on but yeah.. the lore was actually pretty expansive too. This was the last xpac before Blizz B team, otherwise known as the D3 team, took over and started pruning all of our abilities and implementing their fucktarded dumbass ideas.
    so untrue.
    class design for about half the classes was boring and unfun at best. some classes still had a ton of abilities they never used. the rotations for alot of classes were simple and rather similar to other specs. Also alot of classes were boring.
    wpvp was a shit balanced as legion wpvp. wpvp hasnt been decent since cata and good since wrath. not sure what your smoking because it was far from balanced.
    pvp was alive but very imbalanced, a few specs and comps dominated anything 2200 and above. casters were out of control. warriors were a free 2400 and shaman was a free rank 1 if you logged on and que for an hour a day.
    pve was pretty meh, ToT was amazing but the tier before it was awful and class balance was disgusting with arcane and affi being the best specs in the game and spirit shell disc being mandatory for any real raid team. Oh ya and veng tanks plus prot paladins.

the lore was boring and only got good once the WARcraft side of things began to happen.

Deleted
    Because it was the best expansion and we are kinda getting frustrated from the last two expansions, you know, wish they get back on the lvl Pandaria was at.

WoD lacked content, Legion lacks good raids.
    MoP had both of those.

5+ Year Old Account
    I always loved MoP because everything felt like an adventure, and the continent felt huge and varied. Mechanicswise I have no idea, Im casual AF

Edit: Oh. Demonology + moving was nice
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRacoon View Post
    Thanks for secret leak
    Quote Originally Posted by Julisel View Post
    Very very thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    MoP is far superior to any expansion after it so far, the only people NOT praising pandaland is the salty kungfu panda commenters.

Class design was godly
    Wpvp was very much alive, and even balanced compared to the shitshows of WoD and Legion
    Pvp was alive in general
    The pve was great, varied, we have scenarios raids dungeons and dailies that switched up constantly, were not tedious at all honestly.

I could go on but yeah.. the lore was actually pretty expansive too. This was the last xpac before Blizz B team, otherwise known as the D3 team, took over and started pruning all of our abilities and implementing their fucktarded dumbass ideas.
    MoP did also give us the shittiest raid to date with Heart of Fear. HoF is so bad when you google Mist of Pandaria raids it lists every raid but it in the preview.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Asking for new things. Some of those things are things that many expansions have, including MoP.

MoP had major class overhauls (and a new talent system)
    It has multiple endgame locations
    All expansions have raids.
    MoP had cinematics
    That last one is a lie.

So the only bits you have are:

Class quests
    Mythic+
    Artifact Challenges
    You mention class quest a second time, good job.
    A new class
    The overhaul in legion is by far the biggest and most drastic its ever been, unlike any other expansion its from the ground up
    Every single WQ is voice acted and so are the majority of the quests. and news flash artifact challenges are not artifact quests they're a seperate thing so how exactly did i repeat myself? Saying that the 10 mins of cinematics in MOP is the same as in Legion is just denial... Did you just say all expansions have raids? Like the layers they have added to them over the years doesn't even matter? Right... I should just ignore you at this point but i've written this out so might aswell post it, hope you're enjoying raidfinder

10+ Year Old Account
    It’s getting praise because there’s been two expansions between MoP and now.

It’s like clockwork; when a new expansion comes out, people claim that it’s the worst one to date. When the next one comes out it’s crowned the worst expansion and the old one isn’t seen as so bad. After the third release do people start praising the expansion.

I remember reading these forums when WotLK came out, and how people were saying that WoW was done and that it was a major setback for the game. Right around the end of MoP did people start to say how good WotLK was.

As for me personally, I enjoyed the gameplay of MoP; the zones were well made and the dungeons were fun. However I disliked the overall theme of the expansion and the overwhelming number of dailies that you needed to do each day.

7+ Year Old Account

but also "my experience was bad, so X was bad" is a pretty terrible argument

Quote Originally Posted by Bladedance View Post
    12 class campaigns with individualised stories and scenarios
    Complete class and SPEC redesign from the ground up (far from perfect but in total 36 redesigns)
    A three-zone endgame location (some re-used assets but still different enough imo)
    Two of Imo the funnest raids ingame on HC+ NH and Antorus
    Mythic+ making content far more repeatable, challenging and enjoyable
    Somewhat challenging Artifact challenges (not that hard but its enjoyable enough at low Ilvl)
    A new class that alot of people (including myself) really like
    Around 2h of ingame cinematics if you put it all together
    Voice acting for almost every quest

I'm sure im missing something but i've made my point
    I'll concede the first point.
    Second happens every few expansions. No other time has there been anywhere near as many design cuts, as well - which is the sole reason they were able to do such a large shift this time around. Certainly nothing great came of it (Except possibly SPriest, Ele, and Balance).
    Same thing, different approach.
    I'll definitely say NH was outstanding, and by far my favorite raid of the expansion. My opinion on ABT isn't quite the same, but it's far from bad. That said, neither is anything "new" to the table, really.
    M+ I mentioned.
    Artifact challenges I will also concede. Was much harder and more fulfilling on release, too. Had they been kept to that point and Legiondaries never existed, they would've been my highlight of Legion.
    DH is alright, I mained it off the bat for a while, but the lack of developer attention to crippling issues (RNG on RNG on RNG on RNG on RNG in performance output and rotation flow, PTR change introductions only to rip them away as live updates come repeatedly, etc) killed the class off before it got far. Also doesn't help that both Havoc and Vengeance are some of the most barebones specs in the game, atm.
    Cinematics aren't anything special or crazy new.
    Voice acting, again, I'll concede. I really like it myself.

So, of the 9 mentions, 3 are relevant to additions that Legion brought.

Just not much to really add on to it. For the most part, Legion was more of the same (Except class design, for whatever reason ), and things only seek to get worse come BfA on the matter of adding onto the game, rather than taking away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Dungeons, scenarios and daily quests were boring as hell. As someone who almost exclusively does casual PvE I found MoP to be the worst expansion to play after the initial leveling experience, only time I've quite before the first patch and not been bothered about coming back.
    You had challenge modes and raids though but yea mythic+ is a welcomed edition.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

MoP gets the praise it deserves seeing as it's one of the best expansions WoW has put out.

15+ Year Old Account
    imagine how good MoP would have been if u had replaced its dailies with Legion WQs, and added M+
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

7+ Year Old Account
    Cataclsym was "okay" but it certainly was lacking in several departments sadly. Mists of Pandaria had and still has a lot going for it.

Great atmosphere. Amazing soundtrack that I still listen to almost daily. Amazing story. Amazing characters. Great art assets. I could keep going on with what I loved about Mists of Pandaria and I am glad people are loving it too.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

Because MoP was awesome, nuff said.

As a Resto Druid, MoP was the last expansion in which I had actual fun playing my class - it was also the most fun I've had with it in all expansions. The ability pruning they did in WoD killed a lot of the cool aspects about my spec, so I get some weird nostalgia for MoP. It also had a good content spacing if we don't consider 13 months of SoO.

People seem to have rose tinted goggles for MoP. It wasn’t a bad expansion but it’s remembered way too fondly.

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    i hated things about expansions pre wod for different reasons.. i hate wod and legion in general.. not for some little things that might've been annoying back in the days but were forgettable in the long run
    Take a look at the forum (here or official) circa 2014 and see just how many people liked MOP... It was literally a wash of people shitting on the game hard, much worse than Legion gets right now, by all comparisons Legion has been a successful expansion despite the pet hates (of which I share).
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Lately"? It was praised from the start. Not WoD, nor Legion, have surpassed it. And, before MoP, the last good point was patch 4.2 - so it's a peak of performance right after 4.3 (the Rehash patch), and right before the mess that WoD (the One-Patch expansion) was.

Hopefully Battle for the Azeroth will be as good as Mists of Pandaria. It had QUALITY CONTENT!

Also, just because MoP is praised, it doesn't means the other good patches of the game weren't. People love Cata's launch, and the first months of WoD were good too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because a lot of people liked the expansion.

Mists was always a pretty polarised expansion, in terms of player opinions. A lot of people either seemed to love or hate it at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Riproarin View Post
    People always will hate an expac than when it gets old they praise it. Classic is a great example of this. During BFA you will start to see people praise WoD a little bit. Happens every time
    I hear this adage repeated constantly, but I don't think it's true and hasn't been for close to a decade, if it ever was. People's opinions of various expansions are pretty consistent overall. Not necessarily with each other (like the aforementioned polarisation within the community for Mists) but over time. Popular expansions (BC, Wrath) have remained pretty popular, less-liked expansions (Cata, Warlords) have also remained generally unfavourable within the community in hindsight. People said players would praise Cata after Mists released, or praise Warlords during Legion and I don't think either of those happened, nor would I classify Legion as "hated" during its time. There isn't always a community consensus of opinion, but I've not seen any massive flipflopping of opinions towards any expansion except maaaaybe Wrath.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    MoP is by far the most overpraised and overrated expansion this game has had. Cata and WoD were both WAY better.
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sederath View Post
    I'll concede the first point.
    Second happens every few expansions. No other time has there been anywhere near as many design cuts, as well - which is the sole reason they were able to do such a large shift this time around. Certainly nothing great came of it (Except possibly SPriest, Ele, and Balance).
    Same thing, different approach.
    I'll definitely say NH was outstanding, and by far my favorite raid of the expansion. My opinion on ABT isn't quite the same, but it's far from bad. That said, neither is anything "new" to the table, really.
    M+ I mentioned.
    Artifact challenges I will also concede. Was much harder and more fulfilling on release, too. Had they been kept to that point and Legiondaries never existed, they would've been my highlight of Legion.
    DH is alright, I mained it off the bat for a while, but the lack of developer attention to crippling issues (RNG on RNG on RNG on RNG on RNG in performance output and rotation flow, PTR change introductions only to rip them away as live updates come repeatedly, etc) killed the class off before it got far. Also doesn't help that both Havoc and Vengeance are some of the most barebones specs in the game, atm.
    Cinematics aren't anything special or crazy new.
    Voice acting, again, I'll concede. I really like it myself.

So, of the 9 mentions, 3 are relevant to additions that Legion brought.

Just not much to really add on to it. For the most part, Legion was more of the same (Except class design, for whatever reason ), and things only seek to get worse come BfA on the matter of adding onto the game, rather than taking away.
    also artifact progression (again 36 new ways of empowering your character), order halls (garrison 2.0 but a different take and imo vastly superior), new spell animations for every class (part of the rework but still worth mentioning), and as you mentioned WQs. Still I get where you're coming from, and understand that for you not all of these may be as meaningful as they are to me