Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    I also never said every country is equal. Ghana or Colombia might not be equal to Sweden or South Korea which might not be equal to the United States or Japan, but there are good or worthwhile things everywhere.
    Kind of interesting that you'd put the US in the top of these countries, but I guess that's par for the course if you live there. The rest of your post makes less sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Kind of interesting that you'd put the US in the top of these countries, but I guess that's par for the course if you live there. The rest of your post makes less sense.
    Try to read whatever you want into it, my point was there are always subjective metrics to gauge things, but people will always like what they like regardless of someone else's metric. Some countries have better social programs, like Sweden. Some countries have better weather, like Greece. Some countries have better business opportunities, like the US. Some countries have better lifestyles/culture, which is even more subjective. Each individual makes their own value judgment of what is important to them.

Nope not one single bit. I love living in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am mad jelly of Sweden. It's interesting though how a bunch of historical badasses founded such a happy country.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Sweden like other northern european countries are the best countries to be in, in the world.

I wish all these countries would bundle up and make their own "europa".

- Norway
    - Sweden
    - Denmark
    - Germany
    - The Netherlands
    - Luxembourg

The rest can kiss it.
    I wish the the nordic countries would actually unite under one banner. Forget EU. That would be the shit.
    - Sweden
    - Norway
    - Finland
    - Denmark
    - Iceland

Good infrastructure, strategic military positions, similar cultures, we love to hate each other but if it really came down to it we all view each others as brothers and sister(norway lol).

If they all got together like that, why not just call it "Scandinavia?"

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    I wish the the nordic countries would actually unite under one banner. Forget EU. That would be the shit.
    - Sweden
    - Norway
    - Finland
    - Denmark
    - Iceland

Good infrastructure, strategic military positions, similar cultures, we love to hate each other but if it really came down to it we all view each others as brothers and sister(norway lol).
    I'm totally down with this idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    If they all got together like that, why not just call it "Scandinavia?"
    Iceland and Finland aren't part of Scandinavia.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    They weren't...until they could be though..no?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jealous? No. They ruined their country. I’m jealous of Norway, my brothers, who have oil and mountains.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    @Aggrophobic @Player Twelve

Maybe you two should take this to PMs rather than turn the thread into your private debate on Sweden's dental system and the big bad evil immigrants?
    Its a really weird discussion. Dental care is free until you're 18 or 20, i cant remember anymore. Anyhow, each year you get a discount for the first visit plus even private dentists are price regulated. You also have a cost ceiling where it basically becomes free for rest of the year. Meaning you wont ever pay ridiculous costs if you are in need of it, cosmetic stuff excluded.
    If we ignore all of the above, i'm still confused why it would be such an issue ? How often do he has problems ? Brush before bed lol..

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Jealous isn't the word I would use.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    I'm totally down with this idea.
    - - - Updated - - -
    I've thought about this idea for years and it makes sense on so so many levels.
    In all honesty, norway is probably the one who would oppose such an idea due their oil reserves but we could just contract a way around it if you ask me.
    Its more about creating unity and realizing the benefits of such a deal. We barley have any borders between us as is and we can and are already using each others social infrastructures such as health care with our respective governments picking up the tab.
    We would also be a good military power in contrast to what we are now, either relying on nato or appearing "neutral" while selling our weapons to everyone lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech Priest Bojangles View Post
    Stopped watching after "investigation conducted by a 40-year old former truck driver" lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Depends entirely on who you ask.
    Well...if you wanna get technical about it, denmark isn't really part of Scandinavia.
    Its norway and sweden but due to "beer reasons" we include denmark aswell :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Priest Bojangles View Post

This Paul Joseph Watson fellow should change his name back to the Hebrew Saul, then his initials would be...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    To be fair, most scandinavian countries aren't heavily populated. Dealing with a 300M pop across 10M square kilometers may be a tad more difficult.
    Don't forget a population that shares the same values all over the country. No tribal bullshit where different groups are at each others' throats all the time. That's what gives you stability. But Swedish multi-cultists are working hard to destroy this internal cohesion of the nation, the base requirement of a successful welfare state.

I'm jealous of your swedish bikini team.

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    I've thought about this idea for years and it makes sense on so so many levels.
    In all honesty, norway is probably the one who would oppose such an idea due their oil reserves but we could just contract a way around it if you ask me.
    Its more about creating unity and realizing the benefits of such a deal. We barley have any borders between us as is and we can and are already using each others social infrastructures such as health care with our respective governments picking up the tab.
    We would also be a good military power in contrast to what we are now, either relying on nato or appearing "neutral" while selling our weapons to everyone lol.
    The idea has been floating around in the Nordic Council, so maybe.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Well this is a pleasant thread on Sweden for once.

I mean, the Scandinavian countries certainly elicit a lot of respect from us non Scandinavians. They're definitely a model, but I'm not sure how much countries want to emulate them.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a known fact that Sweden has the hottest women around the world. And the men there get to see them everyday. I'm jelly.