Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Artifact Skins and Carry Over into BfA

Has anyone seen any information on how this is going to work? Will it just be skins in our collection?

How are they dealing with spec specific skins? Are they still spec specific?

For example:

Demon Hunters, whether you are vengeance or havoc, the weapon is still classified as a glaive, are those skins now usable for the opposite spec?

They are still spec specific. I'm assuming they'll just be a transmog option like anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    They are still spec specific. I'm assuming they'll just be a transmog option like anything else.
    Then how do you know?

http://www.wowhead.com/weapons/type:9

If my glaive (as shown here by any of these rewards from bfa) is the same weapon regardless of my spec, and I transmog it, when I switch specs... and have that same weapon, what happens to the xmog?

If what you say is true that would be a significant change to how the xmog system currently works. They would essentially have to tie the entire transmog set to your active spec, giving you separate xmog sets for each corresponding spec.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2018-02-28 at 01:56 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Then how do you know?

If my glaive (as shown here by any of these rewards from bfa) is the same weapon regardless of my spec, and I transmog it, when I switch specs... and have that same weapon, what happens to the xmog?

If what you say is true that would be a significant change to how the xmog system currently works. They would essentially have to tie the entire transmog set to your active spec, giving you separate xmog sets for each corresponding spec.
    Simple really. There are only two ways it will work:

1: This is what i think is the least probable, but you will be able to wield havoc dh warglaives with vengeance.
    2: This is what i think will happen: If you spec havoc to vengeance, you xmog is still there but grayed out and it doesn't show.

7+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone seen any information on how this is going to work? Will it just be skins in our collection?

How are they dealing with spec specific skins? Are they still spec specific?

For example:

Demon Hunters, whether you are vengeance or havoc, the weapon is still classified as a glaive, are those skins now usable for the opposite spec?
    sadly it seems to be spec specific... and they will be transmog options, they stated such, that they would become transmog sets and be spec specific (super bullshit, was hoping it would be class specific)

- - - Updated - - -

Then how do you know?

the mog goes away well in that spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I think they will only be class specific and not spec specific. Too much work on Blizzards end any way else it would work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenseiei View Post
    2: This is what i think will happen: If you spec havoc to vengeance, you xmog is still there but grayed out and it doesn't show.
    What making you have to visit an ethereal every time you switch specs? Laaaaaame...

7+ Year Old Account
    What making you have to visit an ethereal every time you switch specs? Laaaaaame...
    Well it depends really. Most ppl will probably have different weapons for each spec due to stats. I can see this being annoying for those who dont min max and will use the same weapon regardless of spec.

you know you can make a spec have a certain mog? thus allow you to swap appearance when you swap speccs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I think they will only be class specific and not spec specific. Too much work on Blizzards end any way else it would work.
    I want to say Blizzard specifically said they would still be spec restricted, but I can't find the quote now. It might have been on twitter.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Then how do you know?
    Because blizzard literally told us.

Every appearance is spec specific.

Every appearance will be obtainable in BFA, except all four mage tower tints and the Balance of Power tint for Mythic+15.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I want to say Blizzard specifically said they would still be spec restricted, but I can't find the quote now. It might have been on twitter.
    Pretty sure it was in the big EU thread posted in by the CM with the female blood elf in priest T2
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they change their minds about that, no sense to do that after all.

I hope they change it to be soley class specific. We're still in alpha. I have godly weapon appearances for specs I hardly ever use.

There's the ability to make your transmog change when you change specs. I only ever noticed it fairly recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post

Every appearance will be obtainable in BFA, except all four mage tower tints and the Balance of Power tint for Mythic+15.

If you have done the mage tower challenge for that spec, you can still get the other 3 colors in BFA.

7+ Year Old Account
    or you could in the bottom left click "set per spec" and select "This set only in this spec" then "this set in only this spec" allowing you to in havoc wear the havoc weapons, then in vengence the vegence weapon.

- - - Updated - - -

Incorrect
    only the base mage tower skin and the +15 color for balance of power.
    if you have the base mage tower skin you will be able to unlock the other colours in BFA
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I hope they change their minds about the spec-specific mogs. I want to have cool cat and bear forms while specced boomy for example.

10+ Year Old Account

I guess what I was getting at was that he ASSUMED "it would be a transmog option like everything else" which means he hasn't seen it for himself, and despite what Blizzard may have said, I was looking more for a specific answer from perhaps an Alpha player on how this was handled specifically, and IF they had followed through with what they had said.

Particularly given the example I provided. If I have 1 weapon that gets transmogged, and I am still using the same weapon (regardless of spec) what happens to the xmog when I change specs? The functionality is not one we have seen as of yet... and I was simply curious as to how that was going to play out.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2018-02-28 at 05:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Particularly given the example I provided. If I have 1 weapon that gets transmogged, and I am still using the same weapon (regardless of spec) what happens to the xmog when I change specs? The functionality is not one we have seen as of yet... and I was simply curious as to how that was going to play out.
    That functionality absolutely absolutely is one we've already seen. You can already apply a transmog to an item only for a particular spec, which will change or be removed when you swap to a different one. That functionality already exists in-game now.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    That functionality absolutely absolutely is one we've already seen. You can already apply a transmog to an item only for a particular spec, which will change or be removed when you swap to a different one. That functionality already exists in-game now.
    Not to the extent we're talking about here. Particularly when the spec your changing to has the same weapon type.

In other words if I can equip a weapon with either spec, it will retain whatever transmog is on it. Having that transmog "illusion" drop because of a spec change, has not existed.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2018-02-28 at 06:26 PM.

Not to the extent we're talking about here. Particularly when the spec your changing to has the same weapon type.
    No, you're wrong. In game, right now, when I switch specs from blood to unholy my entire set of gear changes appearance from my blood transmog set to my unholy transmog set. Each piece of gear is set to be a specific appearance when I'm in blood and another appearance when I'm in unholy, and it swaps between them whenever I change spec, no trip to the transmogger required. In BFA the only thing that will be different is that the transmogger won't let you set the artifact appearance to apply to all specs. When I try to apply the Maw of the Damned transmog to a weapon it'll only apply when I'm in blood spec, and it'll look different when I'm in unholy - whatever appearance I've chosen for unholy, or the weapon's default appearance if I haven't chosen one.