Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    When I was doing the domination offensive I was hitting milestones every day or so. If you weren't you mustn't have done them every day. Milestones were more frequent and meaningful for that faction and it's by far my favorite faction in the game because of it.

It was the pinnacle of the daily content system, nothing before or since has come close.
    Aaaaand except those initial milestones were quick for the first week or so to ease people into that particular content (this in 'Friendly' rep level), till going past the 'Honored' rep, that's when it started to take days and weeks to unlock the rest. We are also talking doing the same 5/6 dailies every day, rotating between 2/3 days, they were NOT the WQs of today. (which were what? go into a mine, kill a bunch of dudes/mogu, kill some alliance/horde, gather some things)

Also, the story didn't take shape till a good way into the 'Revered' rep level. The initial story quests were your typical HvA setting base and nibbling one another.

In the end, this wasn't new. It was a shiny version of the 4.2 Molten Front daily hub in terms of gameplay.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

I'd like to see polling where if you liked MoP, when did you start playing WoW? (Not an MMO-C poll).

I'm almost positive the overwhelming majority would say they started playing WoW around end of Wrath or during Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I'd like to see polling where if you liked MoP, when did you start playing WoW? (Not an MMO-C poll).

I'm almost positive the overwhelming majority would say they started playing WoW around end of Wrath or during Cata.
    Unfortunately I lie in the "started in vanilla, hates vanilla, TBC. Loves WotLK, MoP. Cata is eh" crowd. Your generalizations hold no weight in the argument, regardless.

I caveat by saying that I enjoyed playing Vanilla and TBC at the time, only because of the people and not because of the game. Private servers have more than proven that.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because people started to realise MoP was actually really good? I won't deny it had problems, PVP Balancing at times, the daily grind and some other meh stuff, but overall it was really enjoyable, especially Challenge Modes and I also enjoyed Scenarios and the option to raid the highest difficulty with 10 people.

For me, it was my most favourite time of the game. As I've said many times I started the expansion afraid to tank LFR MSV and ended it raiding 10 Heroic(Mythic) SoO, getting 2k in RBGs and all Class CM Sets. Of what I remember I enjoyed every spec I played and overall had a fantastic experience. A lot of people hated Pandaren and the lack of lore after Cataclysm but honestly, I enjoyed the feeling that everything was fresh and new and especially the Sha and Mantid.

Also might as well add I loved the MoP Champion Mobs. Always fun to fight and hunt back on my low pop server
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

You'd likely be wrong. Been playing since TBC and always held MoP in high regard.

Last time the Class design didn't suck balls.

*kinda funny was a big thread (been there for a bit) over in the Class development official forums on MOP class design over 300 up-votes and just noticed it's deleted.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...1107969?page=1

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Most of the people who hate MoP didn't play it cause of pandas. Best expansion after Wrath.

Started in BC. Nice try.

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just gonna say - pandas dont belong in wow, just lame to dedicate whole xpac to chinks
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Quote Originally Posted by chase_the_mofo View Post
    Just gonna say - pandas dont belong in wow, just lame to dedicate whole xpac to chinks
    I find it funnythat people hold this opinion... but the protoss knock off never ruffled any feathers in a fantasy setting.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I don't get it, they had terrible rep grinds that required questing since you got nothing from dungeons, which there were hardly any of. The new stuff they added has mostly been neglected (pets) or completely removed (scenarios). Seems like a big waste of time.
    The rep grinds were optional though but yeah way to long.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Challenge Modes.
    [Kawaii c@girl IRL]

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    The rep grinds were optional though but yeah way to long.
    *Remembers WoD's Rep grinds*
    *Remembers Cata's Rep grinds*

Sure.jpg

Edit: Like I get that you got the tabard for the initial ones in Cata, but Molten Front was just as bad as Dominance Offensive and they haven't gone back to tabard rep since.
    Last edited by Blamblam41; 2018-02-28 at 01:55 AM.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    *Remembers WoD's Rep grinds*
    *Remembers Cata's Rep grinds*

Sure.jpg
    You can just pug most raids that what I was doing never brother with any of that other shit.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Deleted
    MoP was the golden age of WoW, no other expansion came close.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    MoP is far superior to any expansion after it so far, the only people NOT praising pandaland is the salty kungfu panda commenters.

Class design was godly
    Wpvp was very much alive, and even balanced compared to the shitshows of WoD and Legion
    Pvp was alive in general
    The pve was great, varied, we have scenarios raids dungeons and dailies that switched up constantly, were not tedious at all honestly.

I could go on but yeah.. the lore was actually pretty expansive too. This was the last xpac before Blizz B team, otherwise known as the D3 team, took over and started pruning all of our abilities and implementing their fucktarded dumbass ideas.
    This is definitely a case of flawed opinion but okay sure. Anyways, MOP was fun...but that was it. I enjoyed playing it. The raids sucked, pvp was still the same ole pvp, and the story wasn't that good. Once I got out of the first zone I just didn't care about the story. I've never skipped so much quest text in my life. The story was crap, the mishandled the hell out of Wrathion, and I could keep going for hours. Gameplay = fun, but that isn't enough for me to sit here and pretend it was a good expansion. It's borderline better than WoD, that's about the most praise I can give it.
    Kthxhugsbye

Quote Originally Posted by brbshower View Post
    This is definitely a case of flawed opinion but okay sure. Anyways, MOP was fun...but that was it. I enjoyed playing it. The raids sucked, pvp was still the same ole pvp, and the story wasn't that good. Once I got out of the first zone I just didn't care about the story. I've never skipped so much quest text in my life. The story was crap, the mishandled the hell out of Wrathion, and I could keep going for hours. Gameplay = fun, but that isn't enough for me to sit here and pretend it was a good expansion. It's borderline better than WoD, that's about the most praise I can give it.
    What's your basis for good story? Go ahead, say WoD or Legion. Fucking do it.

Hell, say TBC had good story and I'll proceed to laugh you out of this thread.

If you're going to criticize the story, actually do it. Wrathion was a flawed character, but his failing is that they did nothing with him in WoD or Legion, not that he was a bad character.

I'm sorry that you did not enjoy MoP's very deep and expansive story that went through various Asian themes while actually being able to keep the "Warcraft" element. But I'll go as far as say that even Krasarang and Valley had better throw-away story arcs than "GANAR" and "Velen 2.0 dies". Shit the best zone in WoD was basically a rehashed story line from TBC turned into an entire zone in the form of Arakoa.

Fury warrior was at its peak during SoO, sooo much fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You'd likely be wrong. Been playing since TBC and always held MoP in high regard.
    This is why I said not MMO-C polling. People here just aren't very bright, have reading comprehension problems, or have a very little grasp in reality.

Less than 10 minutes after my post, I get two responses that prove my point.
    Last edited by ablib; 2018-02-28 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    You can just pug most raids that what I was doing never brother with any of that other shit.
    And you couldn't do that in MoP? I don't think the poorly itemized valor gear you'd be replacing in heroics really mattered that much, especially after ToT and Flex hit.

But you know, ToT actually required you to play the game.

Because people can look objectively at the content and design that existed in MoP to realize it is the best complete expansion we have had. Legion appears to be even better, but its yet to be over so we will hold that discussion until 8.0 is out.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV