Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    MoP always had a group of people that highly praised it. It had great questing, interesting lore, fun raids, and a unique area - as well as a new race and class. There have always been people that disliked it ("because pandas") but it wound up being more popular than the vocal minority that simply didn't like having a new animal race or Asian aesthetics.

It also looks good in retrospect, because it was smashed between Cataclysm and WoD. It actually was good, but it looks like a shining beacon compared to the surrounding expansions. It wasn't perfect - anyone remember the dailies? - but it was much more carefully made than other expansions.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    It wasn't perfect - anyone remember the dailies?
    ugh... and tehy let us go ham on them...

tbc limit was 10. Cata limit was 25... MoP took the limit and shoved it over there with 40m raids. And we burned out on dailies to a horrible point.

MoP was decently good. The hoofed it hard with the raidprep and dailies, but it recovered well. It was a different feel for WoW with the asian vibe but they brought something new and did it well. Credit where due.

But any recent awakening of love is primarily the usual shitbirds finding new ways to hate on whatever's current to show how edgy they are.

Because MOP was actually pretty good and most of the haters would just instantly say kungfu panda as to why they didn't like it, also they all probably joined in cata and are now gone so that's probably why you don't see as much hate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    MOP was always one of my favorites right from the get go. I loved pretty much everything about it. I also love Legion so I'd put them both as a tie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    MoP is by far the most overpraised and overrated expansion this game has had. Cata and WoD were both WAY better.
    Ya all that nothing WoD has was better... ya no.....

MoP was the first expansion where I lost interest early on at just how tedious everything was. Quit during MSV, came back for ToT, quit again, came back for the end of the expansion. Dailies, farm minigame, hackneyed "wisdom" and cliched characters. CMs were the only standout for me. As far as story goes, I hated what they did with Garrosh. I hated that the last raid tier was a literal invasion of Orgrimmar. I get that people loved it, but to quote Super Hans, "people love Coldplay and voted for the Nazis. You can't trust people".

Revisionist bullshit and subjectivity
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post
    MoP had some of the best class designs in WoW so it made all the content better. Pretty much every spec has gone backwards since
    I disagree with this, enhance shaman and WW monks became immensely better. I hated that enhance barely changed for years (at least aoe became more powerful and easier to use in WoD) and I hated the brew stacking mechanics for WW. Enhance is still too fucking spammy (more so if you have the fucking stupid BiS bracers and ring like I do) but still better with more choices, and WW has far superior and strategic rotation that keeps things fun.

Fuck, even for how simple frost DKs were before, I like their even more simplified and brute force gameplay even more now. I don't enjoy playing the Finger Olympics for all specs ya know.

The Mogu, Mantid, Jinyu, Yaungol, and such were cool.

The Pandaren's history was cool, Lorewalker Cho was cool, Chen was cool, even if the rest of the Pandaren seemed a tad petty or arrogant (Yeah lookin at you Zhu!)
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    MoP is far superior to any expansion after it so far, the only people NOT praising pandaland is the salty kungfu panda commenters.

Class design was godly
    Wpvp was very much alive, and even balanced compared to the shitshows of WoD and Legion
    Pvp was alive in general
    The pve was great, varied, we have scenarios raids dungeons and dailies that switched up constantly, were not tedious at all honestly.

I could go on but yeah.. the lore was actually pretty expansive too. This was the last xpac before Blizz B team, otherwise known as the D3 team, took over and started pruning all of our abilities and implementing their fucktarded dumbass ideas.
    Well there it is, genuine rose-tinted nostalgia for MoP, on the same level as Vanilla nostalgia. It only took 6 years for it to manifest itself. Lol.
    Last edited by Whatever Dude; 2018-02-28 at 06:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP was a good expansion, But it only gets so much praise because Cata & WoD weren't so great. Legion has kind of diluted that, but If i remember correctly people complained about Dailies alot in MoP, Thunder Isle & Timless Isle were great.

MoP in my opinion isn't in my top 3, but that don't mean I didn't like or enjoy it.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    It wasn't perfect - anyone remember the dailies? - but it was much more carefully made than other expansions.
    I actually loved the dailies.

Honestly, I feel something that greatly helped MoP was the fact that, lorewise, it was completely new.

Pandaren didn't exist outside of an Easter Egg in WC3.
    All the other lore was made up FOR Mist of Pandaria, and it was shown in game. The Lorewalkers rep was one of the coolest reps to me still.

So there was no "Oh, you wanna know what happened to Illidan fully? Read his book!". There were the two books, Tides of War and the Vol'jin book, but even those were summarized in game through scenarios.

Meanwhile, in contrast to Warlords of Draenor, gotta read War Crimes to find out!

I've always loved MoP though, and I'm sure I could dig up posts to show that. I also love Legion though at the moment. Warlords was the only "why" to me so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think MoP was widely liked- the two biggest things people were the most vocal about disliking was the gated daily system and pandaren. To my memory. The gameplay itself, and the raiding (especially ToT) I remember being liked quite well.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Idk where u get the idea ppl disliked it. There are some really loud assholes who hate pandaren for no reason. So maybe that?
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

MoP was ok'ish, but compared to WoD it was heaven. We had to wait until Legion to have a better xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    It's old enough for the bad memories to have faded. A lot of people hated TBC when TBC was current, people hated Ulduar when Ulduar was current. I'm sure in 5-6 years people will be loving Legion.
    Many people love legion now. You're just stuck in forumland where everyone hates everything.

M+ alone is the best thing ever implemented for a huge percentage of people. Legion will always be great for that reason.

The only really disappointing thing about legion was the legendary system that basically turned out to be RNG glyphs.

people often forget the start of an expansion and only think about the last season of an expansion, for example WOTLK was horrible during s5 through s7, and only became good after halfway through s7, into perfection during season 8 (that lasted 8 long months).

but honestly, the start of wotlk was horrible, very very bad

That's because WoD and Legion have such low standards that MoP is a godly expansion in comparison. People were reminiscing about Wotlk and TBC during MoP too. Put simply, WoW's standards have been declining drastically in recent years.

That's, what happens, when all "WotLK kids" and "Cata kids" quit and only "MOP kids" stay - Wow's quality degrades with time (and drop of sub # clearly shows it), but nobody remembers, how bad MOP was in comparison with previous xpacks.

MOP is worst xpack, ever made. It was beginning of WOD/Legion era: 1) Forced daily grind 2) Forced no flying 3) Claustrophobic "no flying forever" outdoor design 4) Dumbing down class mechanics 5) Etc. But it at the same time there were no Garrisons\Order Halls\Artifacts, so it was 100% raid or die. As I'm casual players, there was literally nothing to do for me back in MOP.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.