Poll: Do you want titanforging removed?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Bliz already nerfed the TF chance from 5% (NH and TOS) to 2% (Antorus), and WF chance from 20% to 10%

Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    Bliz already nerfed the TF chance from 5% (NH and TOS) to 2% (Antorus), and WF chance from 20% to 10%
    I just want a currency system instead.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, I like getting lucky and getting a pretty good item sometimes. I just wish they'd do away with the shitty tertiary stats. I hate getting those instead of sockets and ilvl increases.

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    I thought looking for raid gear had a cap?
    It doesn't. You can in theory walk into Emerald Nightmare LFR and get 985 gear. While its unlikely, it can happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    5 ilvl and random tertiary stats like speed/avoid/leech should be maximum. How it was during SoO was ideal imo

Get rid of the 5-25 ilvl rng, get rid of socket rng

Plese.

Keep it because it makes gear drops more pleasantly surprising and gives a way for players who are undergeared to with enough persistence push their way past ilevel barriers that in previous expansions often stuck me in the loop of "they won't let me into the raid unless I have gear FROM THAT RAID, this is BS..." Due to the fact higher raid tier gear is just as likely to titanforge it evens out so that people raiding the highest tier content aren't left unrewarded.

It allowed me to finally get into raiding again for the first time since Wrath of the Lich King. (combined with the wonderful group finder that I think came in WoD where I could actually join people's raid groups that aren't just LFR, as well as quests like the suramar campaign which required mythic dungeons, both slowly nudging me in the direction of actually finding a competent raiding guild for the first time in years.)
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-02-28 at 04:59 AM.

No, as I enjoy playing the game, titanforge can not be removed.

Without it, Mythic+ does not function so not really an option at this point.

I'd rather see LFR removed so there is less reason to care about Titanforging.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    I just want a currency system instead.
    Can't do that, would be way to OP. Only reason the system works now is because it is possible not to upgrade every one of your items.

Imagine also the scenario where you get one item to max then get another item drops that has better stat allocation. You'd now have to farm out whatever currency it is essentially around the clock unless you planned on never getting any upgrades.

It SOUNDS good, but it doesn't really work.

Instead, you need to realize that Titanforging is purely a bonus. You can only get lucky. If you think otherwise, you are not examining how gear has worked historically through out the game.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyes View Post
    I want it removed and its not that at all, I don't care what gear other people have but getting a 970 titanforged piece from normal, then killing a new mythic boss and getting the same item but worse just feels terrible, it destroys any feeling of gear progression.
    Yeah out gearing content you just started or haven't done yet is absurd. To avoid this Blizzard has stuck with the first bosses or last bosses in a raid dropping higher item level gear, then they pissed in the pool and gave us uncapped TF.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep it. The only argument against it is 'but I don't want others to have gear like me' when the fact is they might only ever get 1 piece 960+, while you will have all slots 960+.

If it wasn't for TF I would have been done with my main a long time ago.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

No. Just reduce the liklihood a little or cap it. Whatever it takes so that those who only do world quests still get rewarded enough to make their day but those who raid weekly aren't "forced" into running normal on top of heroic and/or mythic and aren't "forced" to run previous tier raids in hopes of that one superduper upgrade.

And don't titanforge weapons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Keep it. The only argument against it is 'but I don't want others to have gear like me' when the fact is they might only ever get 1 piece 960+, while you will have all slots 960+.

If it wasn't for TF I would have been done with my main a long time ago.
    This BS keeps getting posted and has been proven time and time again a lie.

Very few people care what gear you got from your heroic dungeon or world quest or wherever you got it. What many people do care about is having to run old content over and over again in order to stay competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    No, as I enjoy playing the game, titanforge can not be removed.

Without it, Mythic+ does not function so not really an option at this point.

I'd rather see LFR removed so there is less reason to care about Titanforging.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't do that, would be way to OP. Only reason the system works now is because it is possible not to upgrade every one of your items.

Imagine also the scenario where you get one item to max then get another item drops that has better stat allocation. You'd now have to farm out whatever currency it is essentially around the clock unless you planned on never getting any upgrades.

It SOUNDS good, but it doesn't really work.

Instead, you need to realize that Titanforging is purely a bonus. You can only get lucky. If you think otherwise, you are not examining how gear has worked historically through out the game.
    You wouldn't need to farm around the clock the currency would drop from the place the gear was obtained. We had a similar system its was called valor upgrades and the trinket from the final boss of antorus.

Titanforging is bad because it makes best in slot unobtainable.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2018-02-28 at 05:30 AM.

Deleted
    Only aiming for content that drops a piece of bis gear was boring and having no possibility to change many slots of gear was as well. Removing legendaries and tier sets but keeping titanforging makes gearing up more interesting and upgrades drop far more often during a cycle of a tier.
    Last edited by mmoc029e10d7f3; 2018-02-28 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLove View Post
    Only aiming for content that drops a piece of bis gear was boring and having no possibility to change many slots of gear was as well. Removing legendaries and tier sets but keeping titanforging makes gearing up more interesting and upgrades drop far more often during a cycle of a tier.
    It's not boring to me it means my hard work would pays off now it feels like I need to hit the lottery instead.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2018-02-28 at 05:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathbadh View Post
    No. Just reduce the liklihood a little or cap it. Whatever it takes so that those who only do world quests still get rewarded enough to make their day but those who raid weekly aren't "forced" into running normal on top of heroic and/or mythic and aren't "forced" to run previous tier raids in hopes of that one superduper upgrade.

And don't titanforge weapons.

- - - Updated - - -

This BS keeps getting posted and has been proven time and time again a lie.

Very few people care what gear you got from your heroic dungeon or world quest or wherever you got it. What many people do care about is having to run old content over and over again in order to stay competitive.
    So... Mythic + then? The only thing from old raid content worth farming I can think of is trinkets. And it's pretty much specifically convergance now right? Shame Blizzard failed at gutting it as thoroughly as they did whispers, but I live in hope that they learned their lesson for BFA and if we do see any OP trinkets like that again, they're in the last raid of the xpac. And if not, then nerfed to oblivion.
    Pretty much any other farming of old content is for the chance of legendaries which won't be a problem for much longer.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Only dislike it in weapons and trinket the rest is ok. Probably the only reason most of my guild keep palying all the exp.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    So... Mythic + then? The only thing from old raid content worth farming I can think of is trinkets. And it's pretty much specifically convergance now right? Shame Blizzard failed at gutting it as thoroughly as they did whispers, but I live in hope that they learned their lesson for BFA and if we do see any OP trinkets like that again, they're in the last raid of the xpac. And if not, then nerfed to oblivion.
    Pretty much any other farming of old content is for the chance of legendaries which won't be a problem for much longer.
    Trinkets and tier as 2pc plus 2/4pc is good for several specs. Also, this problem existed expansion wide, so pointing to only ToS and Ant doesn't work. When we were in ToS people were still farming the previous raids, etc.

Yes.

Playing this game has become more and more slot machine than skill based.

If someone wants a better reward than what they naturaly get, they should put in the effort or push themselves harder to be better at the game.

Claiming that M+ will not work without TF is not really effective since the rewards just scale according to the key level and all that you will lose is the lottery aspect of it.

Titanforging has only one good aspect to it - it keeps people grinding irrelevant content in the hopes of winning the jackpot. The same (and to many people - a better incintivisation) can be achieved with introducing Achievements, Pets, Transmog and mount rewards to the irrelevant content that then becomes more relevant...

Madness will consume you!!!

Deleted
    Titanforging should have been a system that worked like wods valor.

Every week you could spend a currency to increase an items ilvl, add a socket or terr stat. Once it reached the cap it was titanforged, as the expansion goes on the cap is increased.

This would have gave people a tangible goal to work towards and would have allowed people to actually play with tier sets they enjoyed rather than i have to play t21 because ilvl is better even though i much preferred t20 playstyle.

Yes. Having to still run ToS, hoping for titanforges of tier sets is bullshit.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont want it removed, i want it tuned down a bit, normal gear shouldt be able to TF higher than base HC gear, same for HC to mythic etc.

You shouldt be able to get 975ilvl tier chest from an normal run.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s