Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Also, slightly off-topic, but still kind of related to "made-up landmasses", imagine an expansion where Azeroth gets destroyed, and we're forced to move to another planet to survive. :P
    *movie voice guy* "This summer, Azeroth comes to New York City!" *scene cut of human paladin dismounting in times square* "and the humans of earth"
    *scene cut to frightened new yorkers looking up a horde airship passing between two buildings just barely clipping one with debris falling down*
    "have to choose a side!" *scene cut to the Horde flag being raised above the Eiffel Tower while the alliance flag is raised over Big Ben*
    "Join the fight! Choose a side! *scene cut to tanks colored red and blue charging at each other across some russian plains*

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    semi related
    I am beginning to become a little bit anxious about BFA being a filler expansion like wod
    Only a little? The warning signs were all there, especially with the whole "Look at these new allied races that totally aren't just those models we spent so much money on in WoD tossed into Blender and got some particle effects with a grind attached to unlocking them".

And especially with the main-plot being the normally sub-plot faction war like how WoD's main-plot was time travel (Or unity toward the end? WoD was shit tbh) which is normally a sub-plot.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biotec View Post
    World revamp for EK and Kalimdor. New zones: Ajol Nerub, Ny'alotha, The Burning Scar, Heart of Azeroth split up around Azeroth like Cata. Later patches give us the void in some way.
    I'm all for updating the world, but let's not have another disjointed mess like Cataclysm. Also, let's make the world look nice I really loathe seeing volcanoes in the middle of Forests. Blizzard spamming the Mac'Aree void effects everywhere would be disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    We had one? Last time i remember WoD was multi universe traveling expansion.
    Well, we were on Draenor at the time when the (Iron)Horde was forming, so it was also time travel in a way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    I'm all for updating the world, but let's not have another disjointed mess like Cataclysm. Also, let's make the world look nice I really loathe seeing volcanoes in the middle of Forests. Blizzard spamming the Mac'Aree void effects everywhere would be disgusting.
    Yeah I'd rather the stories of the old world tie up loose ends or continue zone specific stories. I hated what Cata did to many of the zones and I do not want the void spilled all over them.

Like have Arathi be about rebuilding the nation with little to no void shit except maybe a hint or two floating around. Have the Barrens about the Horde making use of the now fertile land and kicking out what remains of the Alliance. Stuff like that, but with the allied races playing actual parts in the stories where appropriate.

And I kind of agree with you on not wanting a disjointed mess, but I'd take it if they made the old world nice again, plus I can't really think of anything else to really make of it, unless Ny'alotha is way bigger than we thought. Maybe make it a hub for all the bug races / old gods and the size of the Broken Isles or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    You're joking right? there's plenty of places that we haven't seen before.

Just to run down a small list:

Tel'abim

Zul'Dare

Emerald Dream

Naz'jatar (could work either as an entire underwater expansion, or if people hate underwater zones that much, just write some mumbo-jumbo about Azshara, or some other naga/old god raising the underwater city to the surface like how Gul'dan raised the broken shore.)

Elemental planes (We only truly visited Deepholm, the other 3 SPECIALLY the abyssal depths remained unexplored, or briefly glimpsed via a single dungeon or raid)

Shadowlands.

And lets not forget about the underempire of Azjol-Nerub. There's a VAST vast network of underground kingdoms lying beneath the continents we know of already.
    Does no one read the blingtron flavor texts anymore?! He describes the mecha empire underground and a huge war that is ongoing and no one mentioned it in 2 pages so far!! I know it is taken as a joke but blizz can easily flip that around and make it a real story.

Deleted
    I personally don't enjoy the Void or other planets that much, if they're related to another world ending faction.

I'm prefering more and new continents on Azeroth, maybe with totally new Human Kingdoms on them, other Night Elf and Dwarven Factions etc etc etc, who can be used for longtime Lore, with their own goals and plans. Not necessarily enemies either all the time. And they still can bring in the magical flavor. Blizzard has so many options here. I mean, Northrend doesn't have to be the Northend the "North Pole" as well as Pandaria doesn't have to be something like a "South Pole". I would love it if Blizzard goes all in on new continents. Maybe even bring in a part of a bigger landmass with borders you can't cross in one addon, but it is hinted that behind this enormous endless steppes, there are other lands and kingdoms, but if you ride or fly too deep into this steppe, you're killed by an enormous Horde of Mongolian like Centaurs or if you try to climb the Mountainpasses, because there are rumours that behind these are more lands too, you're are shredded by massive, humanoid, beautiful, but evil Ice Giants. So they could expand the mass and number of regions of a certain continent with another expansion. That would be awesome.

Or something like the Seven Human Kingdoms in their prime send fleets out into the eastern seas to explore these, whole expeditions. But they got lost and never returned and in the end, the humans in the Eastern Kingdoms thought they all died. But thats not what happened. They reached another continent and managed to settle and thrive, but they couldn't return because of some magic shenanigans on the seas. So you can sail into these seas and find things, but you can't sail back and find your way out. So these different expeditions of Lordaeron, Alterac, Gilneas etc etc settled on a new continent and with time, built their own separate Kingdoms, warring with eachother or against other races they meet. It would a neat way, without time travel shenanigans, to explore a version of the Seven Human Kingdoms, which was never invaded or confronted by the Orcish Horde. An old statement from Blizzard was, that there would have been war at some point between the different human kingdoms in the Eastern Kingdoms, if the Horde never invaded. Why not explore something like that on another continent. Hopefully without commiting genocide on these new human kingdoms, so they could play a role in the future still. And of course there could also be other races, like Dwarves, Qiraji, Aqir, Ogre, Centaur, Night Elves, Giants, Trolls and Orcs too and hopefully some completely new factions as well.

What i also like to see is more compared to a Void planet or something like that is the Underworld of Azeroth. And if there is an underworld of Azeroth, there could be as much landmass or even much more compared to the surface. So more room for expansions too.

I'm all in for increasing the world of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    Does no one read the blingtron flavor texts anymore?! He describes the mecha empire underground and a huge war that is ongoing and no one mentioned it in 2 pages so far!! I know it is taken as a joke but blizz can easily flip that around and make it a real story.
    That would be awesome. I mean, there has to be something going on under the surface of Azeroth. There must be forces, maybe created by the Titans and maybe others, naturally evolved, who contest, stop and fight the Faceless Ones and Qiraji and Aqir beneath the world. Otherwise, not much would stop them to dig deep into Azeroth until they reach the core. And i doubt there was an option for the Titans to envelop the Titan Soul of Azeroth with an impenetrable shield of some sort. The underworld of Azeroth has so much potential.
    Last edited by mmoc032dd9efb8; 2018-02-28 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xendral View Post

That would be awesome. I mean, there has to be something going on under the surface of Azeroth. There must be forces, maybe created by the Titans and maybe others, naturally evolved, who contest, stop and fight the Faceless Ones and Qiraji and Aqir beneath the world. Otherwise, not much would stop them to dig deep into Azeroth until they reach the core. And i doubt there was an option for the Titans to envelop the Titan Soul of Azeroth with an impenetrable shield of some sort. The underworld of Azeroth has so much potential.
    Have a quick look at these from blingtron There is some awesome mechawar going on.

Decoded Message 001-003: Unidentified threats have attacked Peacekeeper 011 units in deepest caves of the Magnetic Chasm. Initiate protocol 54.
    Decoded Message 001-014: 121,172 robo-units have been assembled and now march to face unknown threat in the Magnetic Chasm below the Molten Eternium Sea. Increase generosity circuits in all Blingtron units to minimize organic awareness.
    Decoded Message 001-107: Allied destruction total has increased to 64%. Request supplies.
    Decoded Message 001-111: Massive shipment of Alarm-o-Bots received, disassembled, and reconstructed as frag grenades.
    Decoded Message 001-119: The virus infecting our units has been identified: a clockwork assembly system hack. Because it appears to be beneficial in many ways, the robot will accept it readily, until it begins to corrupt their AI by overloading generosity circuits. There is no known way to nullify the effect without destroying the host. Do not hesitate.

Your Leader (0x0001)
    Decoded Message 001-150: A single de-weaponized companion unit was fitted with a Stealthman 54z, enabling it to appear harmless and bypass the enemy's significant security systems. It has identified the enemy's leader with a 73.4% accuracy. The enemy leader is monstrous in size and calls itself iR-T0. No further information was obtained.
    Decoded Message 001-159: Organic awareness of The War is growing too quickly. Above-ground units possibly infected. Seed plans for next-gen Blingtron remote to call on veteran units that can assess and destroy.
    Decoded Message 001-168: Gift supply decreasing to inadequate levels. Use of war surplus authorized.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    Have a quick look at these from blingtron There is some awesome mechawar going on.

Decoded Message 001-003: Unidentified threats have attacked Peacekeeper 011 units in deepest caves of the Magnetic Chasm. Initiate protocol 54.
    Decoded Message 001-014: 121,172 robo-units have been assembled and now march to face unknown threat in the Magnetic Chasm below the Molten Eternium Sea. Increase generosity circuits in all Blingtron units to minimize organic awareness.
    Decoded Message 001-107: Allied destruction total has increased to 64%. Request supplies.
    Decoded Message 001-111: Massive shipment of Alarm-o-Bots received, disassembled, and reconstructed as frag grenades.
    Decoded Message 001-119: The virus infecting our units has been identified: a clockwork assembly system hack. Because it appears to be beneficial in many ways, the robot will accept it readily, until it begins to corrupt their AI by overloading generosity circuits. There is no known way to nullify the effect without destroying the host. Do not hesitate.

Your Leader (0x0001)
    Decoded Message 001-150: A single de-weaponized companion unit was fitted with a Stealthman 54z, enabling it to appear harmless and bypass the enemy's significant security systems. It has identified the enemy's leader with a 73.4% accuracy. The enemy leader is monstrous in size and calls itself iR-T0. No further information was obtained.
    Decoded Message 001-159: Organic awareness of The War is growing too quickly. Above-ground units possibly infected. Seed plans for next-gen Blingtron remote to call on veteran units that can assess and destroy.
    Decoded Message 001-168: Gift supply decreasing to inadequate levels. Use of war surplus authorized.
    That sounds like the Old Gods definitely have the upper hand. We need an Underworld Expansion immediately. Fuck the Void, Alleria and some god damn Void planets.

5+ Year Old Account
    Instead of pushing new continentes out of thin air, or even new planets, i think what WoW really needs it`s for some substantial amount of time to pass, like 50 or 100 years at least, so we would have new characters(people like Malfurion, Lor`themar and such would still be around though), new stories, new plots, and Blizzard could even do WC4 to tell the story of what happened in this interval.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Only a little? The warning signs were all there, especially with the whole "Look at these new allied races that totally aren't just those models we spent so much money on in WoD tossed into Blender and got some particle effects with a grind attached to unlocking them".

And especially with the main-plot being the normally sub-plot faction war like how WoD's main-plot was time travel (Or unity toward the end? WoD was shit tbh) which is normally a sub-plot.
    That isn't actually the main plot, as everybody not totally asleep has already noticed. For an expansion ostensibly about the Faction War, it actually plays very little role beyond the opening event.
    For that matter, WoD's main plot wasn't about time travel at all. You could count all instances of time travel in WoD's plot on one hand with 4 fingers chopped off. We had more time travel in BC and Cataclysm than we had in WoD.

Also, there is no such thing as a "filler expansion". That's just bullshit people made up to complain about expansions they don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Nah, and you know why ? Because making a proper underground zone takes alot more effort than just plastering skybox over regular zone.
    What about an inverted zone, with botomless pit instead of sky.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    From 2013:
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Curious, After we goto Argus next expac (wink) theres no more wow zones in lore to give us.Redoing old zones the expac future?
    You don't think we can keep whipping continents out of thin air? (Source)
    ^this
    And I have no problem with that.
    I think the spacey stuff should be limited to important planets, nothing more. The important ones are imo:
    K'aresh (One word: Ethereals)
    Nathreza (A new Outland)
    Nihilam (the first planet the Burning Legion destroyed after Sargeras freed them (I think) and near the spot where he killed the other titans, would be nice for one last sargeras quest line)
    Xoroth (Horsies! Burning horsies!)
    So if they bring up one of them, I wouldn't be mad. But I prefer Azeroth.

Deleted
    Tel'abim or Balor both exist in lore. Broken Isles became a continent other islands can.

It was all made up at some point not sure of the timing of the idea effects it's quality.
    Last edited by mmoc8d6f890807; 2018-02-28 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    This is player headcanon. There is no other side
    Tell that to the multiple globes throughout the game that have the continents on one side of the globe, with a vast ocean on the other.

They could make entire continents out of any area they want. It's also inaccurate to say that we've been to all islands on Azeroth - we still haven't gone to Tel'Abim, Plunder Isle, remnants of the Darkspear Islands, and they could use inspiration from the RPG to make Hiji in WoW. Some places that appeared in novels and previous games briefly could be expanded upon, like the Ominous island and Zul'Dare. Plenty of players have also wanted the Dragon Isles in WoW. Some of those could be island expeditions in BfA, or they could make any of those in any future expansion. Pandaria was simply an island in the RPG before MoP, and it became an entire continent with a rich history.

We also haven't explored all of Azeroth. Until Legion, we previously thought that Northrend was the northernmost point on Azeroth, until the Lost Glacier was introduced in the DK mount campaign. It has always been assumed that there is more south of Pandaria, making the South Seas the equator of Azeroth. This is assumed because Krasarang is a tropical temperature naturally, unlike Quel'thalas, which should be cold, but has had ward to make it warm there. There could be any number of things on Azeroth that we haven't seen (or they haven't made up yet), and it would still fit into the story. Not everything has to crowd the Great Sea.

On top of that, there could be any number of worlds, realms, and continents on other worlds that we could see. There's still Farah'lon and the southwestern continent on Draenor. K'aresh wasn't entirely destroyed (because the Ethereals fought Dimensius there after he blew it up and they became ethereals). There are also worlds that were mentioned to still be around, like Karkora and Nihilam.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gakkiz Steelwrench View Post
    I want Chaos Enemies instead of Void. Please, contact Mudmug and make it happen!
    Fel is literally Chaos, we just got done with one and a half expansions of chaos enemies.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    wow needs a timeskip, and then have something unexpected happen

I am kinda hoping we lose to the old gods at the end of BfA and the black empire returns. Start the next expansion off with a far more dire situation than the Legion invasion and have territory already lost when 9.0 launches. The new content zones could be corrupted/conquered versions of original zones (and they could add the time travel NPCs wherever needed).

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    semi related
    I am beginning to become a little bit anxious about BFA being a filler expansion like wod
    If fighting Azshara and begining to understand Old Gods more is filler than fuck me sideways please