Poll: Which is better ?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Zandalari Druid Tank form

Which would be better ?

maybe a direhorn or a devilsaur

It's like an Ankylosaurus not a fucking turtle

These Zandalari Druid forms are amazing, but it also highlights an issue with Druids that needs to be addressed.

Cat and Bear form should be called "Feral" and "Guardian" form to reflect the names of the specs, as these are no longer anything resembling "cat" or "bear".

Either Worgen should get revised forms to reflect their feral form as a beastial wolf, and/or Alliance needs a third druid class with unique forms to mirror Zandalari Troll forms.

Also, I feel like Zandalari Cat or "Feral" form should be a Raptor, not travel. Raptors are vicious and have been represented as stealthy hunters in pop-culture (Jurassic Park). Perhaps do something different for travel form for them.

Quote Originally Posted by HitRefresh View Post
    It's like an Ankylosaurus not a fucking turtle
    Ankylosaurus also has a long tail. Datamined model is a turtle forced to fit the bear skeleton. It is based off turtle loa they have. Loa are the reason they have different travel forms too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Ankylosaurus also has a long tail. Datamined model is a turtle forced to fit the bear skeleton. It is based off turtle loa they have. Loa are the reason they have different travel forms too.
    and the proof is?

that don't look like a turtle shell, but look like an ankylossaurs carapace, he just don't have the long tail but this is not a big thing, since they are modified anyway

7+ Year Old Account
    Its an ankoylosaur

- - - Updated - - -

no its not, its an anloysaur, that is a carpace, a carapace is a thick armoring or scale growing from the creature, it is not a turtle shell.

turtle shell

carapace

however, the top of a turtle shell is called a carapace, but a carapace is not a full turtle shell.
    like how a parrot is a bird, but a bird is not a parrot, a carapace is a hard exterieor for defence, a turtle shell is one, but a turtle shell is unique as it extends out passed the body, and wraps compeltly around it, on the top, and the bottom.
    a hard surface just on the back is not a turtle shell. also the pattern is like an aclyosaur not a turtle and fuck that is hard to spell!
    also the legs are wrong for a turtle, the mouth is wrong for a turtle.
    also the zandalari forms are based on dinos not Loa
    if it was it would be a sea turtle, like the turtle loa is.
    but no its an anklosaurus just without the tail.

their travel forms are also all other dino based, raptor, and pterodactyl.

Last edited by FelPlague; 2018-02-28 at 01:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Not every dinosaur in WoW is 1:1 with real life dinosaurs, raptors don't have fucking horns coming out of their nose bridge and pterodactyls don't have a body type at all like the ones in WoW, etc. Next you're going to tell me that WoW vultures and vultures because they have those tentacle tails

lol anything would have been better. Those things are hilarious and I intend to mock them all the time.

No, it isn't. Gonk the Raptor Loa, and the Pterodax Loa, are the main reasons they have Druidism. All of their forms are based on dinosaurs. It's a specific kind of Anklyosaurus. Not a turtle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borealopelta

The Zandalari Guardian model - let's just call it Guardosaur! - is....erm...interesting...imho the stubby tail makes it look more hillarious than intimidating, but i guess that's subjective.

I think what we can all agree on is that the old Druids deserve a model update for their forms, with Worgen being the biggest outlier...The Worgen form is a Feral form; that's just what it is. Having Worgen druids not use it as their Feral form was fucking stupid since the start. Worgen are up for Model Update in BFA anyway, taht#s already been stated multiple times...and i REALLY hope that this Zandalari model will finally make Feral Worgen form happen.

Quote Originally Posted by HitRefresh View Post
    Not every dinosaur in WoW is 1:1 with real life dinosaurs, raptors don't have fucking horns coming out of their nose bridge and pterodactyls don't have a body type at all like the ones in WoW, etc. Next you're going to tell me that WoW vultures and vultures because they have those tentacle tails

Pterosaurs aren't even dinosaurs tbh

I think direhorn should have been the tanking form. This needs to be a glyph, should have been one since Dino Isle from MoP. Same type of thing as hunters getting a book to tame them.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    and the proof is?

that don't look like a turtle shell, but look like an ankylossaurs carapace, he just don't have the long tail but this is not a big thing, since they are modified anyway
    It actually lose like a combination of three animals. It has the carapace of an Ankylo, the head of a snapping turtle, and the body of a young steggo(look up spike from the Land Before Time).
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2018-02-28 at 08:10 AM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Those new models alone make me want to reroll druid it would be a shame if they just defaulted to the standard models.

I'd prefer direhorn but I realize that a lot of animations for guardian specc are tied to bearform hence why devs were forced to alter alightly that bear form so we have "spikey turtles".

I'm still amazed that devz really went with full dinomancer theme. It opens gate for revision of other druids and even other specific class/race combos.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Bear. There are druids not dinomancers after all, but a dinomancer class would be awesome!

7+ Year Old Account
    i actually don't want the direhorn as guardian, if we look the animal itself, the direhorn, he would not tank properly, since would only tank with his head, he would not have claws, so no bleeding effects, and prob would not move efficiently.

bear tank with his back, and a dinosaur with a huge carapace like this one work perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i actually don't want the direhorn as guardian, if we look the animal itself, the direhorn, he would not tank properly, since would only tank with his head, he would not have claws, so no bleeding effects, and prob would not move efficiently.

bear tank with his back, and a dinosaur with a huge carapace like this one work perfect
    Would work imo :

Current form Zandalari has isn't bad I just wish they had longer tail so we don't have to look at their butt xD
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerzuru View Post
    Bear. There are druids not dinomancers after all, but a dinomancer class would be awesome!
    Actually, that's exactly what Zandalari druids are.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    I'm the only seeing this when looking at the guardian form?