Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Prabog View Post
    Assad-Erdogan deal will probably involve Kurds getting short end of the stick once more.
    Both are giant dicks, so that would be no surprise.

That is what I am interested in. What is going to happen with the territory Kurds have taken under their control?
    It's obvious that the Assad has won the civil war, IS is almost gone, various groups hold ever smaller patches of ground in few places. What happens when they all are finished?
    I do not believe for a second that Kurds will be left alone in the de facto split country. Skirmishes with just Syria or maybe Turkey? Both? Another war, with Iraqi Kurdistan joining in the "fun"?

Quote Originally Posted by blobthebob View Post
    ethnic "western" Muslims
    You literally said ethnic muslims. It's right there.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Feel free to ignore what he ment, even after he pointed it out to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    lol You aint a big thinker. Look at that map and think again, how come a country that is so far we dont even see it in this map is involved in all these wars? (talking about USA). And how come every time they invade one of these "problem" they end up controlling more oil well?..
    Maybe the problem is actually USA. After all, they invaded Iraq for weapons that never existed...
    It s not even a conspiracy, a world without USA would be a peaceful world.

- - - Updated - - -

hahaha you're right. For real, 99% of the world's population know that USA is the bad guy.
    Every fuckin war, they get richer and have more oil. Every dictator has been put in place by CIA previously. Everytime we fight terrorist or isis, they fight back with weapons made in USA. When there is no terrorist they invent stories and end up invading a country for imaginary weapons of mass destruction (Iraq). Everytime they bring "freedom" in countries like Libya, they end up 3x poorer and with new terrorists.
    (BTW these terrorists are often nationalists that just cant stand to see their pro-US government give their oil to USA. Then the pro-US government ask for our help to get rid of them and then we have stupid Americans complaining that we are too gentle and should ask these countries to pay for our military help).
    Yeah, it would be far more effective if the asteroid were to strike 2000km north of Chicxulub crater.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    That is what I am interested in. What is going to happen with the territory Kurds have taken under their control?
    It's obvious that the Assad has won the civil war, IS is almost gone, various groups hold ever smaller patches of ground in few places. What happens when they all are finished?
    I do not believe for a second that Kurds will be left alone in the de facto split country. Skirmishes with just Syria or maybe Turkey? Both? Another war, with Iraqi Kurdistan joining in the "fun"?
    In certain strategic points further away from Kurdish territories they’ve already begun traded it back to the government. The Kurds seem to have no interest in spreading themselves thin and policing non-Kurdish areas.

In the long term there is an inevitable conflict between the two. Kurds want independence and the government treats anyone who is not arab as a second class citizen. But in my opinion they won’t dream of fighting one another unless every last jihadist in Syria is dealt with first.

I wonder whether Erdogan will end up suffering a real coup. It'd be fun to watch.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Logical conclusion is that the Kurds are given autonomy by Damascus as a reward for fighting ISIS/rebels/Turkey.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Logical conclusion is that the Kurds are given autonomy by Damascus as a reward for fighting ISIS/rebels/Turkey.
    but only if they boot out the Americans is going to be a condition.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    In certain strategic points further away from Kurdish territories they’ve already begun traded it back to the government. The Kurds seem to have no interest in spreading themselves thin and policing non-Kurdish areas.

In the long term there is an inevitable conflict between the two. Kurds want independence and the government treats anyone who is not arab as a second class citizen. But in my opinion they won’t dream of fighting one another unless every last jihadist in Syria is dealt with first.
    Kurds have possibly the worst location on planet to make a country for themselves. Turkey, Iran, Arabs states, everybody will be against it. Kurds also lack sea access, which by default makes things worse. I really do not see how will they carve territory from Turkey, Iran, Syria and Iraq for their nation state.

So if I say "John is an ethnic Italian Muslim", does that equate to me saying "John is an ethnic Muslim"?

No, he's ethnic Italian and he's Muslim. But that wasn't the point, anyway, now was it?

Don't think I didn't I get the answer I wanted. You couldn't stand for what you believe -- getting rid of all Muslims -- so you trivialized the issue I presented and made a joke about killing everyone including yourself (because you hate everyone equally, right?). You're weak, dude. At least stand for what you believe in.

Either you're full of shit and just spewing hatred you don't really believe in, or you're actually as big of a threat as the Muslims you want to eradicate. Quite the dilemma bro. Will you say "I'm full of shit" or will you say "I want to eradicate 1 billion+ human beings and witness myself become what I hate".
    Last edited by blobthebob; 2018-02-28 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    This is one of the most ignorant comment I've ever seen regarding Syrian Civil War.

If USA abandon Kurds, or forced to leave Syria, Assad will march over Kurds and take back entirety of Syria.

- - - Updated - - -

Kurds can not even win against a broken SAA, let alone "combo" both Turkey and Syria. Some people are living in alternate universes. Ever heard of planes and bombs? The planes which SAA has, and Kurds don't...they exist.

And Iraqi Kurdistan joining the fight? They could not even dictate a separation because Turkey threatened to block trade routes. When you are land locked, you don't have luxury to go fuck around.

- - - Updated - - -

Kurds have possibly the worst location on planet to make a country for themselves. Turkey, Iran, Arabs states, everybody will be against it. Kurds also lack sea access, which by default makes things worse. I really do not see how will they carve territory from Turkey, Iran, Syria and Iraq for their nation state.
    This is accurate.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course not. As ineffective Turkish army may be, they still will walk over whatever is left of Syrian armed forces in case of real war.
    What? Turkish Army being ineffective? You need to get back to reality mate. Turkish Army is one of the most effective armies in the world, and operation Olive Branch is pretty much a show case for Turkish Army.

And if you insist that Turkish Army is "ineffective", I suggest that you explain why, and enlighten rest of us with your military expertise.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2018-02-28 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blobthebob View Post
    So if I say "John is an ethnic Italian Muslim", does that equate to me saying "John is an ethnic Muslim"?

No, he's ethnic Italian and he's Muslim. But that wasn't the point, anyway, now was it?

Don't think I didn't I get the answer I wanted. You couldn't stand for what you believe -- getting rid of all Muslims -- so you trivialized the issue I presented and made a joke about killing everyone including yourself (because you hate everyone equally, right?). You're weak, dude. At least stand for what you believe in.

Either you're full of shit and just spewing hatred you don't really believe in, or you're actually as big of a threat as the Muslims you want to eradicate. Quite the dilemma bro. Will you say "I'm full of shit" or will you say "I want to eradicate 1 billion+ human beings and witness myself become what I hate".
    You worded it really badly. But honestly, I don't care.

That is what I believe in, kill all humans.
    Last edited by willtron; 2018-02-28 at 07:52 PM.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    You worded it really badly. But honestly, I don't care.

That is what I believe in, kill all humans.
    Watch out, don't cut yourself on all that edge.

This isn't hard to figure out.

Turkey turned a blind eye as Isis volunteers and fighters flooded into Syria from the Turkish border. Russians were doing the same except the Russians made sure that their Isis recruits didn't come back into the country as it was a one way ticket. Isis then started to coordinate attacks against Turkish civilians as the Isis "caliphate" started to fall apart. So, Turkey then pivoted and focused on securing the border and ensuring the Kurdish nationalist elements could not come together and coordinate.

Syrian Kurds made it clear that they would clear out Isis toward the Syrian government. So, Syrian government now is willing help Syrian Kurds only. Turkey is concerned that Syrian Kurds will coordinate with Turkish Kurds, Iraqi Kurds and Iranian Kurds to form a Kurdistan state crossing several borders.

Remember not only were the Russians helping the Syrian government but so was the Iranian government. But both the Iranian and Turkish governments have coordinated artillery strikes on Iranian Kurd positions many times. Many of the Kurdish movements use terror attacks on civilian populations so the Turkish and Iranian governments don't care which side certain Kurd groups are on because they don't want them coordinating with the terror elements or the possibility.

US was backing free syria army elements but they were aligning themselves with AQ and other affiliated sunni extremists who were fighting against ISIS for power. US shifted to Syrian and Iraqi Kurdish support as a result to clear out ISIS. Russian always backed the Syrian government but they too were slowly aligning themselves with the Syrian Kurds to clear out ISIS.

Bottom line Turkey has fears of Kurds across several borders forming a coalition but if the US and Russia allow it to happen there is not much Turkey can do about it. Even the Iranians are smart to stay out of this or it seems that way at the moment.
    Last edited by Mafic; 2018-02-28 at 09:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Bottom line Turkey has fears of Kurds across several borders forming a coalition but if the US and Russia allow it to happen there is not much Turkey can do about it. Even the Iranians are smart to stay out of this or it seems that way at the moment.
    Turkey is far too important ally for NATO and US to ditch them for Kurds. What can Kurds actually offer America?

Like I said, Kurds have the worst possible geography to play nation building. Even Pashtuns or Tamils have it better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Turkey is far too important ally for NATO and US to ditch them for Kurds. What can Kurds actually offer America?

Like I said, Kurds have the worst possible geography to play nation building. Even Pashtuns or Tamils have it better.
    I would rather stick to my principles and deny any support to Turkey.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    I would rather stick to my principles and deny any support to Turkey.

Principles will not get you far in geopolitics, I am afraid. This is realpolitik, America counts on Turkey as ally against Russia and to certain degree, Iran.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    So the Turks hate the Kurds.
    Are you fucking dense? I've told you, many times, that Turks do not hate Kurds. It's a terrorism and oppressive state problem. Same state oppresses Turks too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The Armenian Genocide started in 1915. It most certainly is tightly linked to Modern Turkey, which was only born after broad ethnic cleansing.
    The asserted 1.5 million number starts it from late 19th century.

I don't want to be rude, but for fucks sake if you are going to defend Armenian position, at least read their books.

10+ Year Old Account
    Principles will not get you far in geopolitics, I am afraid. This is realpolitik, America counts on Turkey as ally against Russia and to certain degree, Iran.
    I really do not care about that, Turkey can go fuck itself, I dont even see Russia as an enemy.