Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullbar View Post
    I can't stand the over-the-top accents of Cindy and Cid in the English audio version. Is the rest of the game like this? If so, I can understand why there are people who would play this with Japanese audio and English subs.
    I don't think people focus on Cindy for her accent if you get what I mean....

But yeah her accent is absolute ear torture.

Cid though is fine imo. It's got that kind of gruff in it that an old timer like him should have.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-02-28 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    They changed chapter 13 with this release. They also added some boss fights and this version has all the DLCs. Basically, it's the complete game and the ps4 version was the early access lol.
    Ahh, so exactly how console trash should be treated.

Atleast they know if the game is stable on a console they can release it for a huge majority of gaming PC's. That's just smart marketing, especially considering console players will fucking buy anything if it comes "exclusive". Square Enix knowing the market, once again.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post

Atleast they know if the game is stable on a console they can release it for a huge majority of gaming PC's. That's just smart marketing, especially considering console players will fucking buy anything if it comes "exclusive". Square Enix knowing the market, once again.
    I'll buy a game for my PS4/XB1 if I know I'm going to enjoy it. Simple as that. I don't care how better 15 looks on PC or how much smoother the framerate is. It's perfectly playable for me on PS4 and while it wasn't a great FF for me I still had fun playing it.

PC for me is mostly MMOs, Indie stuff and a couple of AAA games. Most notably Destiny 2 and GTA 5 since my friends ended up going for them on PC.

But the majority of my AAA games are on PS4/XB1/360/PS3. And some F2P stuff like Warframe and Trove for example.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-02-28 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post

Its 2018 the shit posting about consoles is so 2007...

And no Console Players don't buy games just because they are Exclusive. I can show you my wall of console games and the majority are 3rd party games. I get it tho you got to brag about the plastic box you play on.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    To add to this IMO the Select+ Mash Square for bonus damage with GF's who had boost was dumb.'

Ontopic: I feel like one of the few who actually enjoyed FFXV at release (besides chapter 13 burn that shit down).
    It was okay, people went into expecting WAY to much
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    The combat was terrible though, I don't know if playing as any other member of the boy bands is better but playing as noctics is trash

also the past few FF games square has had trouble in the lore department. FF13 story was terrible unless you read all the back logs when the game starts (which can take hours) 13-2 and 3 just made it worse. FF14 needed a remake and 15 story was split between a movie, an anime, backlog and DLC you had to pay for all of which are important to the story. Hot fucking mess
    Last edited by zito; 2018-02-28 at 02:21 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

To be fair, when a game spends that long in development the expectations are always going to be far higher than what can be delivered. More so when it's part of a long running and well loved franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    also the past few FF games square has had trouble in the lore department. FF13 story was terrible unless you read all the back logs when the game starts (which can take hours) 13-2 and 3 just made it worse. FF14 needed a remake and 15 story was split between a movie, an anime, backlog and DLC you had to pay for all of which are important to the story. Hot fucking mess
    Not just in the lore department, main series FF games from 12 onwards have been plagued by development issues. 13 especially has that air of someone having to come in from the Publisher side of the company and having to tell them to cobble together a game out of what they have and get it out of the door so they can get some return on the money they've sunk into the project. 15 too seems like its a similar story, they messed about and constantly changed direction on development so many times that by the end someone just had to draw a line under it, turn what assets they'd produced into what could loosely be called a "game" and get it onto the market.

Its why we've seen so much strange cross promotion from Squenix, they're doing whatever they can to turn them into success stories. I mean, having the cast of 13 model clothing was just outright bizzare. 15's cross promotion is slightly less baffling, such as having the Regalia in Forza Horizon. That makes a certain amount of sense at least. Noctis in Tekken 7 though... No. Just no.

When it comes to Final Fantasy, Squenix constantly bite off more than they can chew and it's really starting to show. At this point, I wouldn't be all surprised if they're making most of their returns on the franchise from the success of their older titles and spin offs. They've ported them to just about every platform they can. I really doubt they were money pits in the same way 13 and 15 were.

Let's not forget that the 7 remake is going to be episodic with full price $60 :l

If 7 flops FF is just done, there is so much you can go wrong with especially if you remove the charm like cross dressing and stuff

However nomura is directing it... but he was directing 15...

ugh I'm just gonna wait for atlas instead

Let's not forget that the 7 remake is going to be episodic with full price $60 :l

If 7 flops FF is just done, there is so much you can go wrong with especially if you remove the charm like cross dressing and stuff

However nomura is directing it... but he was directing 15...

ugh I'm just gonna wait for atlas instead
    How is the franchise "done"?

15 sold 6.6 million copies as of November last year and will probably sell 2-3 million more on pc.

7 could flop and there will still be an FF16. As long as it sells in the millions we ain't losing the franchise.

I bought FF15 blind. And I enjoyed how amazing and fun that first continent was.....and then I found out after 100%'ing everything i could. that it is effectivley the only continent.

What the actual fuck man. How is an FF game in development for like 2 decades and lands with only one continent.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    15 sold 6.6 million copies as of November last year and will probably sell 2-3 million more on pc.
    The interesting question is how many copies of 15 do they have to sell to break even? It's had a long and expensive development cycle, with money being spent on movies and so on which also add to the total costs incured, but not to the actual game itself.

I'm not going to claim that having a dud entry will be the death of the franchise, but it's clear there have been some serious management issues at Squenix for a long time now. They seem to have a lack of clear design goals, an overall vision for what they want their games to be and are wasteful with money. Those really do need to be fixed before they look at a potential FF 16 otherwise it's going to end up in the same kind of development limbo as 13 and 15 have done.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I bought FF15 blind. And I enjoyed how amazing and fun that first continent was.....and then I found out after 100%'ing everything i could. that it is effectivley the only continent.

What the actual fuck man. How is an FF game in development for like 2 decades and lands with only one continent.
    Because it was in development for like 3-4 years in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Because it was in development for like 3-4 years in reality.
    No it was in development for 10 years, half way through though they started over. Doesn't change the fact that they were working on ff15 for a decade.

Ya I didn't expect much of FFXV and still highly enjoyed it. Ya it had issues but what game doesn't.

- - - Updated - - -

They already confirmed the cross-dressing stuff will be in it. They plan to keep what the original had.

But ya $60 price tags for each copy suckss.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Well, I just finished the demo and I think that the only really good thing about it was Florence's cover of stand by me. The game itself, I felt, was utter garbage;

- movement is sluggish
    - Combat is nothing short of ridiculous
    - 'freedom' is incredibly limited
    - though invisible walls aren't uncommon in Squeenix games, they absolutely annoyed me to frustration
    - too much is automated and feels as if it's on rails - never mind 'driving' the car
    - the graphics aren't hideous and might even seem pretty on the surface, but the game lacks dynamic lighting, hbo, respectable shadows, quality textures, etc. In a nut shell, it's the FFXIV effect: It looks pretty at first glance but once you actually start playing you notice it's pretty much PS3 quality.
    - PS3 graphics but runs worse than gorgeous games like AC: Origins or The Witcher 3, ergo a bad port.

You'd think they'd learned a thing or two from games that actually nailed the open world feel for freedom. Take AC: Origins for instance, it's actually an open world game, the graphical fidelity is about 1000x higher and it performs much better too. Without constantly bumping into invisible walls, without having your means of transportation set on rails and without constantly losing control of your character.

If I can find this game for a few € I'll snag it up for the story. But I won't pay more than €10 for it, since it feels like a cheap indi-game.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2018-02-28 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    It looks pretty at first glance but once you actually start playing you notice it's pretty much PS3 quality.

- PS3 graphics but runs worse than gorgeous games like AC: Origins or The Witcher 3, ergo a bad port.
    Opinions and all but I can't take yours seriously if you think its PS3 quality. I don't know if you had ur settings on the most low without realizing it but no the game does not look PS3 quality not even close.

'freedom' is incredibly limited
    In the demo yes because its a demo.

- too much is automated and feels as if it's on rails - never mind 'driving' the car
    Once again Demo issue, Yes the car sucks driving manual but the world is not on rails at all.

Once again Demo issue, Yes the car sucks driving manual but the world is not on rails at all.
    Chocobo all day every day!!!

LMAO my dude said PS3 graphics.

I wouldn't say FFXV is the best looking game on PS4, but if we take out Sony 1st party games it might very well be...

Of all the issues XV might have, pretty graphics is not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Chocobo all day every day!!!
    Chocobo's are great

I kinda want to go back to play the game but I don't own the season pass. Mite just wait for the physical copy to drop under the season pass cost and grab that. I do got a lot of side stuff to finish so I just mite.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    LMAO my dude said PS3 graphics.

I wouldn't say FFXV is the best looking game on PS4, but if we take out Sony 1st party games it might very well be...

Of all the issues XV might have, pretty graphics is not one of them.
    Only 3rd party game that crosses my mind that mite look better is Witcher 3.

This game would make PS3's catch fire if it tried to run on it lol.

Only 3rd party game that crosses my mind that mite look better is Witcher 3.

This game would make PS3's catch fire if it tried to run on it lol.
    shiiit with Nvidia hair effects it sets most PC's on fire. My 980 GTX substitutes as a space heater when I put that game on high