438. This poll is closed
  • Yes

44 10.05%
  • Nope

394 89.95%
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Yes it is, that's the ENTIRE POINT of these servers, to once again play the exact same game we have with 0 changes.
    Who can confirm that? You are wrong. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Take off the rose tinted glasses. This did not happen. Players did not have reputations. Some players just had such out of control egos they mistook peoples willingness to put up with them for the duration of a pug with respect.
    Yes they absolutely did, and on private servers, they still do.

Deleted
    Amazing the shit troll baits people with 2 accounts and they feed this shit

Nice work mods

Take off the rose tinted glasses. This did not happen. Players did not have reputations. Some players just had such out of control egos they mistook peoples willingness to put up with them for the duration of a pug with respect.
    Well, you can say that, but as a raid leader that pugged on a low-pop server in BC and Wrath, I definitely did have a reputation, and there definitely were many known individuals on the server that you simply wouldn't invite to groups. And there were people that you'd jump at the chance to get. And there were people leading pugs that you knew would be successful.

So, to your first point "This did not happen." - It did on Rivendare, on horde side, in BC and Wrath. That's how I was so successful. I was a noob, new to the game, in a guild made up of friends that didn't raid. My only means of raiding was pugging.
    To your second point "Players did not have reputations." - Yes, in the pug circles, you got to know the different people and their skill level. You knew that if player xyz was pugging, you did not join that raid. You knew you had a reputation when you decided to pug the last 8 players for a 25-man Magtheridon, that you'd get spammed to high hell with requests to join, when another group doing likewise would sit advertising for an hour and never get enough.
    To your Third point "such out of control egos they mistook peoples willingness to put up with them for the duration of a pug with respect." - It may be conceit, but I founded a guild out of those people that were "willing to put up with me for the duration of the pug" in Wrath, and managed to kill current content 25 Heroic Lich King with these players that I found through pugging. Wasn't even my idea to make the guild, so I'm not sure what further proof I can offer.

Nope. The draw of vanilla was making friends, marketing yourself and running with a guild.

Reputation can cover a lot. I remembered good tanks and heals. Got into groups because I was friendly with other players. Stayed away from certain guilds and ninja looters.

And in world PvP I absolutely knew the badass rooms that would rip me in half.

Heck just in forums alone I got to know many of the other faction players.

This is not rose tinted glasses. This stuff really happened.

Personally I'm not sure whether I'm playing Classic or not, but if I do I want it to be as authentic as possible - I don't want LFR or LFD. I want to relive to "horror" of transporting myself to Scarlet Monastery

Also from a development pov - It would require a lot to adjust Classic raids to fit the LFR template..... which kind of defeats the purpose of the concept.

Personal opinion of course.

Z.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Looking for Raid is the perfect fit for Classic WoW.

Who doesn't remember those long nights trying to find a group in vanilla WoW? We all have been there. But this is 2018 and Classic WoW isn't supposed to be the World of Warcraft of 2005.

Nowadays we have access to such a great array of technology and improvements in the current iteration of WoW that we can definitely improve our beloved Vanilla WoW and turn it into a 2018 masterpiece.

For this to happen, LFR needs to be included. Most people that will end up playing will be people that played it in the past. We're not children anymore. Especially as adults we understand the importance of compromise. Compromise is very important even in our daily lifes.

People rarely see eye to eye so compromises are made so both parties remain happy. Looking for Raid is the perfect compromise. Implement LFR and keep all other changes out. (for now atleast)

As a reasonable person I understand that people value nostalgia. But this quality also enables me to understand that nostalgia doesn't make the game a success long term.
    If you want the perks of what is offered in the current game, go play Legion. If you want to experience the nostalgia of vanilla, play Classic when it comes out. There were plenty of people who were adults when vanilla launched (myself included) and managed to split time between work, relationship, home duties, and WoW. Hell I even managed to be attending school during vanilla along with a relationship, work, and home duties and still had time to play WoW and raid all of the raids while they were current content (AQ excluded as school was too demanding at that point). What you are wanting is the "give me phat lewtz" that the current game is while playing vanilla. If you want that, find yourself some other like-minded folks and level lock at 60 and farm vanilla content. Otherwise just go crawl back under the rock in your parent's basement you came from.

Releasing LFR would ease this annoying waste of time.
    If using general/trade chat is waste of time for you... do not even bother playing Vanilla then. You will not get your lvl 60 before 2-3 months.
    Oh wait... you probably want heirlooms too?

Who can confirm that? You are wrong. Sorry.
    I can confirm that.
    +90% of people voted in this poll too.
    So i guess... you are 'wrong'.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    If using general/trade chat is waste of time for you... do not even bother playing Vanilla then. You will not get your lvl 60 before 2-3 months.
    Oh wait... you probably want heirlooms too?

I can confirm that.
    +90% of people voted in this poll too.
    So i guess... you are 'wrong'.
    What??? I can level to 60 at a leuserely pace in 2 weeks without using the chat.

It's not even that amazing..

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rukya View Post

Nice work mods
    mmo-champion has long been hostile towards the very idea of vanilla. It comes to no surprise that even the mods wish to see it fail and thus lets the vanilla-hating trolls roam free.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

What??? I can level to 60 at a leuserely pace in 2 weeks without using the chat.

It's not even that amazing..
    No. You will not get max level that fast. You seem to have no idea about vanilla leveling if you think that way.
    I've been playing vanilla last year. As a very experienced player i got my 60 after +2 months. I knew/remember all quests and played almost everyday.

No. You will not get max level that fast. You seem to have no idea about vanilla leveling if you think that way.
    I've been playing vanilla last year. As a very experienced player i got my 60 after +2 months. I knew/remember all quests and played almost everyday.
    2 months? Experienced? LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    mmo-champion has long been hostile towards the very idea of vanilla. It comes to no surprise that even the mods wish to see it fail and thus lets the vanilla-hating trolls roam free.
    Stoksfran, you should stop trying to silence others. It's ugly.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rukya View Post

Nice work mods
    2 months? Experienced? LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Stoksfran, you should stop trying to silence others. It's ugly.
    When there are trolls shitting all over vanilla, someone has to defend it!

Vanilla din du nuffin wrong!
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

15+ Year Old Account
    I think that results of the pool are enough.

2 months?
    I could give you link to many threads about vanilla but i will not risk ban on this forum since it could be private servers promoting or something.
    Do your own research what is average in game time to get lvl 60 in Vanilla.
    You have proven again that you have no idea about early time in WoW.

Experienced? LOL.
    I've been playing this game since 1st EU closed beta.
    I have experienced almost every big patch in every expansion.
    Got many unobtainable achieves/titles/mounts from most x-packs.
    I read alot of stuff/guides/forums/patch notes about WoW.
    I watch many WoW vids and streams.
    Got more than 15 +100lvl characters.
    So i guess... i am experienced player.

But your counterargument is just typing 'LOL'.
    I feel really destroyed now.

I could give you link to many threads about vanilla but i will not risk ban on this forum since it could be private servers promoting or something.
    Do your own research what is average in game time to get lvl 60 in Vanilla.
    You have proven again that you have no idea about early time in WoW.

I've been playing this game since 1st EU closed beta.
    I have experienced almost every big patch in every expansion.
    Got many unobtainable achieves/titles/mounts from most x-packs.
    I read alot of stuff/guides/forums/patch notes about WoW.
    I watch many WoW vids and streams.
    Got more than 15 +100lvl characters.
    So i guess... i am experienced player.

But your counterargument is just typing 'LOL'.
    I feel really destroyed now.
    I don't even.. You're like the perfect meme for the guy that doesn't know how much they lack..

Most people take 2 months yes. Most people aren't experienced. You seem confused. 1 month and I would consider you experienced, 2 months is a joke for such an experienced individual.

I would definitely check your questing path if I were you. You're doing it wrong

I don't even.. You're like the perfect meme for the guy that doesn't know how much they lack..
    I wonder how much overall WoW experience you have? Mind link your armory or something?

You seem confused.
    ???

1 month and I would consider you experienced
    If i play +10hrs/day sure.

I would definitely check your questing path if I were you. You're doing it wrong
    You did not even read my previous post did you?

10+ Year Old Account

Most people take 2 months yes. Most people aren't experienced. You seem confused. 1 month and I would consider you experienced, 2 months is a joke for such an experienced individual.

It depends a lot on the class. As a warlock I could literally zip to level 60 by mass killing mobs at sweet spawn spots. You could do that starting level 30ish something like a machine. I vividly remember level 40ish I brought that to almost industrial level where I simply did not give a damn about quests and holed myself up in some secluded piece of land nobody visits with high spawn rate of mobs and went tab dot tap dot drain howl spam. You never run out of Mana, Health... The only thing you can run out of is mobs if they don't spawn fast enough, which means it's time to move on.

It was a breeze getting to 60 like that, while on my paladin... Shit it was like pulling out your guts slow, because you could only damage 1 thing at a time and it was slow as fuck.