Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    Alliance gets 0 new Druids and 0 new Shaman.

Quit acting entiled.
    Did you even read my post before running you fingers stupidly across your keyboard? What exactly am I acting entitled to? I'm advocating every class for every race.

Personally I say give Zandalari paladins and Dark Iron dwarfs shamans.

Who cares about "faction balance" of druids to shamans to paladins on each faction? Zandalari paladins makes sense, has lore reasons to exist, and would be fucking cool. The fact they pulled Cow Sun warriors out of their ass means they can easily allow a group of light based zandalari warriors who are devoted to the loa. They actually had to say "no we aren't recruiting" in NPC text to shut it down for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    Lets hope they find a way to ressurect Rezan and we get zandalari paladins someday, being forced into playing tauren and elves is one of the reasons i dont have one
    I am expecting voljin to play a role in either getting the paladins in touch with a new loa or help with the resurrection spell.. oorr replace him! After teasing his return, and going ti zandalar, hopefully they won't forget about him.

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    I am expecting voljin to play a role in either getting the paladins in touch with a new loa or help with the resurrection spell.. oorr replace him! After teasing his return, and going ti zandalar, hopefully they won't forget about him.
    maybe we unlock them later on, as we find a way to bring the prelates back into the light, who knows

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    maybe we unlock them later on, as we find a way to bring the prelates back into the light, who knows
    Yep people see that quest as a way to play zandalari paladins unplayable.. it looks more like keeping the door open to add them later on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampionChains View Post
    On alpha there is a quest covering Zandalari Prelates and why there are no playable Zandalari Paladins. Minor Spoilers so don't click it if you don't want to see spoilers.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=282240/p...adins-spoilers
    There is always a way forward. At the end of BfA have the trolls bring Rezan to the Sunwell and revive him there by pure Light infusion. This new Rezan-M'uru hybrid would then allow for troll paladins (both Darkspear and Zandalar) and serve as a plot device for mending the relationship between trolls and elfs, bringing more cohesion and union to the Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    Yep people see that quest as a way to play zandalari paladins unplayable.. it looks more like keeping the door open to add them later on.
    Indeed I say it's a way to keep the door open.

For now my (to be made) Zandalari Warrior will RP as a light-disconnected prelate (similar story to my draenei monk). Let's see what we can do with transmo paladin gear.

Deleted
    This is sad, but I planned to play a druid and loa priestess, and at least the priest is not denied currently. Anyway, I feel sorry for all who will not get to play a Zandalari paladin, and for the Horde in general, because it would have been a great addition. For the Alliance, they could have just added Dark Iron Dwarf shamans to compensate.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenislav View Post
    Well shamans are "forced" as you say into playing dwarf and draenei vs 4 horde races. On other hand for paladins it is 3 alliance races vs 2 horde. What is problem here? We will eventually get more paladin races on horde that is for sure but I guess Blizz does not want to push quickly new race just for all the players crying on forums. And some classes are harder to put on alliance or horde side.

Oh and pandas are neutral and we dont talk about them.
    Horde Shamans: Orc, Troll, Tauren, Goblin, and Pandaren
    Alliance Shamans: Dwarf, Draenei and Pandaren

Shaman: 5 to 3, not 4 to 2. Did you forget the Pandas?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    While I do sort of appreciate them giving an answer in general, it is a poor one and its strange how far they're willing to go to limit choice, especially when the playerbase wants it so badly and how badly the Horde needs another paladin race. As many are saying, there is still pretty much only 1 choice for a Horde paladin. They went out of their way giving us tauren paladins that nobody wanted, but refuse this? It feels a bit BS to me atleast.

I think a lot of people are interpreting this stuff completely backwards. If they didn’t want the Zandalari to have paladins, all they needed to do was ignore them. If they wanted to respond to whining on the forums, all they would need to do would be to reply to those posts with “this doesn’t fit our current design for the game.”

What we’re seeing, however, is actual development time being dedicated to fleshing out the story of this group. It is actually the most significant storyline in the zone, and we know for a fact that the first raid in BfA is troll focused, and very likely deals with Zul. Expect Zandalari paladins to be playable as soon as the race is unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    Alliance gets 0 new Druids and 0 new Shaman.

Quit acting entiled.
    So yea dont see the entitlement there. Makes perfect sense for Zandalari to have them.

From a pov perspective i main Alliance so no bias here.

My issue boils down to however: they are paladin by class game mechanics but not by culture and how they operate.

Honestly In regard to paladins you would have different sects
    -Blood Knight
    -Sunwalkers
    -Prelates of Rezan
    -Silver Hand (pre legion)
    -Hand of Argus/Vindicators

Frankly there needs to be animated differences between the races one day to reflect this. Not a priority by any means.

Needless to say the point is there is no entitlement. Id like to see Zandalari paladins myself as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulthane View Post
    So yea dont see the entitlement there. Makes perfect sense for Zandalari to have them.

From a pov perspective i main Alliance so no bias here.

My issue boils down to however: they are paladin by class game mechanics but not by culture and how they operate.

Honestly In regard to paladins you would have different sects
    -Blood Knight
    -Sunwalkers
    -Prelates of Rezan
    -Silver Hand (pre legion)
    -Hand of Argus/Vindicators

Frankly there needs to be animated differences between the races one day to reflect this. Not a priority by any means.

Needless to say the point is there is no entitlement. Id like to see Zandalari paladins myself as well.
    Unless you don't play horde at max level, you don't "main" alliance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Unless you don't play horde at max level, you don't "main" alliance.
    Wait, so you argument is that because someone plays both factions they can't have a main faction they play? I'm assuming you think so. So following your twisted logic that means that anyone who plays both factions cannot have an opinion on if a new faction should have a specific class?

Do you even think about wtf you are typing before you type it?

I'm pretty sure zandalari will get paladins and dark irons will get shaman at some point during or after bfa. Many classes weren't available to races until cata.

I hope they change the story of Rezan.

He's a Wild God, several Wild Gods in troll lore have come back, only one Wild God in troll lore has ever truly died, Mam'toth who committed suicide by imploding his spirit upon his temple.

Other than that, Wild Gods are eternal, their spirits don't die or go away. As such, Rezan is still around because his soul got torn out of his physical embodiment, which is why we fight his corpse in Atal'Dazar.

His spirit still lives so whoever wrote that piece of gossip text.. really has no knowledge of past lore regarding loa, which is disappointing and they really should change it before release. It's still alpha and lore shouldn't really be trusted at this point (as said by Christie Golden herself) so I really do hope it's just a "prank" they're pulling just to rile up the playerbase.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hoping they won't get it. Tauren "Paladins" was a huge mistake already imo. It just does not fit in my opinion. I mean if they would call it diffrently than Paladin it might work, but that's not working in WoW I guess (talking bout the class name).

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    Wait, so you argument is that because someone plays both factions they can't have a main faction they play? I'm assuming you think so. So following your twisted logic that means that anyone who plays both factions cannot have an opinion on if a new faction should have a specific class?

Do you even think about wtf you are typing before you type it?
    Irony is so sweet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Horde also doesn't need anymore advantages over the alliance right now. :/
    Well just play horde then? Just play the race you want to play...

- - - Updated - - -

I agree on during BFA because we don't see the hole story of it yes.

5+ Year Old Account
    no new pallies for horde and no new shamans for alliance doesn't feel like an accident lol. (but then again, as a druid main on the horde, i count myself pretty lucky atm... ally druids should get some love too.)