Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Can we stop with the whole Machine Gun Kelly Marksmanship Hunter nonesense? Rapid Fire looks so goofy on single target

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    lol whatever you say dude
    "lulz duuuuude"

Can't handle the truth or at least a different opinion or something?
    Let's not pretend that the majority of players are minmaxing to the point where they stop enjoying the game and have beef about loot.

I've been raiding somewhere around top200 in BC/WotLK myself, and we didn't give a shit about the range/melee dps distribution back then either. Whatever class/spec/player has been doing the DPS was being taken.

If you are just pushing mythic (which is the minority anyway, just to come back to your "most people" crap) as far as you can on a weekly basis - there is no need to rush anything, even IF you are at a slight disadvantage, you are just trying it again the next week with better gear and that's it.
    If you can clear heroic, chances are you can clear several bosses on mythic too (some early, some later). And tell me who the hell is looking for specific specs or classes in HC in a guild - that'd be pathetic.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2018-02-23 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    In a raid enviroment where you clear HC and then some Mythic bosses, which is where, I'd assume, most people end up being (if not worse) it's hard to imagine that guilds exist that care about melee/range classes unless it's like 10melees vs 2 range already - which is extremely unlikely to happen.
    It's really not as unlikely as you think. Melee is way more popular and guilds are always recruiting ranged and never Melee. Going from ranged to melee because the melee spec does slightly more DPS is really not an option for a lot of guilds, because they barely have enough ranged as it is.

Don't believe me? Go take a look at the battle.net forums server pages and see how many guilds are recruiting melee vs how many are recruiting ranged.
    Last edited by ydraw; 2018-02-23 at 10:30 AM.

I just saw an alpha video on Marksmanship recently and it seems that currently the 12 second recharge time on Aimed Shot is not affected by haste. This means that increasing haste would not increase the number of Aimed Shots that you could cast in a fight. It decreases the cast time of Aimed Shot/Steady Shot, allowing you to cast more Steady Shots, and it increases your focus regen, but all this extra focus is not going to be spent on Aimed Shots. Instead you're left with dumping the extra focus with Quick Shots, which do a miniscule amount of damage. Therefore I suspect that the current state of MM in BfA will scale badly with haste, similar to in WoD, when the cooldown of Chimera Shot did not scale with haste.

Generally speaking, if a class scales badly with one or more secondary stats, then that means they will scale badly in general, since all stats scale multiplicatively with each other but additively with themselves (therefore stacking one single stat is worse than spreading out your stats; as long as you scale equally well with all those stats). This implies that MM will be the kind of class that does well immediately after a new tier release/balance pass, then starts to fall behind as gear improves. Perhaps this is their attempt at creating 'niche' secondaries again, where some specs simply heavily prefer some secondaries over other secondaries although this would go counter to their homogenisation of weapon damage towards all abilities (thus as all classes will scale equally well with weapon damage).

Quote Originally Posted by Turtel View Post
    This implies that MM will be the kind of class that does well immediately after a new tier release/balance pass, then starts to fall behind as gear improves. .
    Kind of like BM this expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    I'm really disappointed that in the most recent alpha, the Primal Instincts talent for survival has been removed I was really looking forward to using that.
    This exactly! I liked it aswell looked really cool! (
    I hope they make it baseline!

Deleted
    3 second aimed shot cast Lol

Have fun casting that in PvP.

Looks like it's instant now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Indil View Post
    Looks like it's instant now
    I dont know where you take this info from? both mmo-champion and wowhead clearly show that it is still a 3 sec cast.
    “Don’t only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.”
    ― Ludwig van Beethoven

Quote Originally Posted by Aneri View Post
    I dont know where you take this info from? both mmo-champion and wowhead clearly show that it is still a 3 sec cast.
    Aimed Shot A powerful aimed shot that deals 0 [ 111.5% of Attack Power * mult Physical damage. Damage increased by 50% against a target you have not yet damaged. 2 charges. Hunter - Marksmanship Spec. 50 Focus. 40 yd range. Instant. 12 sec recharge. 2 charges.

It has been instant for the last 2 build as I remember. MM is for now 100% mobile, without a single cast and a channeling, like it always should have been, and Big shots with short/semi-short cds. Perfect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khair View Post
    Also, I can't understand why they don't give BM Camo as well. It's ridiculous.
    Hah, great to see they brought it back. Farstrider was an absolute joke in that talent tier.
    Don't look at me like that! That thing made a move at me!

Quote Originally Posted by Aryia View Post
    Aimed Shot A powerful aimed shot that deals 0 [ 111.5% of Attack Power * mult Physical damage. Damage increased by 50% against a target you have not yet damaged. 2 charges. Hunter - Marksmanship Spec. 50 Focus. 40 yd range. Instant. 12 sec recharge. 2 charges.

It has been instant for the last 2 build as I remember. MM is for now 100% mobile, without a single cast and a channeling, like it always should have been, and Big shots with short/semi-short cds. Perfect.
    Should be a datamining error. Happens a lot somehow. Maybe it's connected to the Lock'n'Load Version of Aimed Shot being datamined instead of the normal one.
    Anyway, Aimed Shot was still a 3s cast in the last build (despite the datamining saying "instant") and I doubt they changed it in this build nor will change it for BfA at all.

Btw: it doesn't really make sense to make an ability named "Aimed Shot" be an instant cast. Maybe could make it castable while moving (maybe with slower movement speed or so). I know they did it in HFC with a set bonus, but thematically it doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by andreasels; 2018-02-28 at 10:54 AM.

I'm part of the players who don't care about class making sense. All I want for my hunter is 100% mobility, huge switch potentials (2 instant aimed shots would help) and no random bullshit.

I want to know the dammage output I can produce, and be able to reproduce it everytime, the same way. Then, only my skill would impact on my performance, and that's all that matter to me.

I started to play hunter because I love the concept of range melee, with full mobility, 100% instant cast. In a raid, you had a special place : an add pop, hunters switch. Things to do : for hunters first, other people if not enought. Basicaly, a good hunter could carry a raid, just by handling by himself important mechanics of the fight.

Now, being a good hunter has no flavor, it makes no difference. So give me 100% mobility and huge switch/burst potential, where only my skill will make a difference on my performance.

15% chance to make serpent sting cost no focus and deal 200% initial damage.. not sure how impressive that's going to be..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    15% chance to make serpent sting cost no focus and deal 200% initial damage.. not sure how impressive that's going to be..
    I was hyped at first, but they're putting the lowest effort, uninspired talents ever done.

Well, maybe i's because it's the first time we got access to alpha development so soon. Maybe every expansion this kind of fuckfest occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamon View Post
    I was hyped at first, but they're putting the lowest effort, uninspired talents ever done.

Well, maybe i's because it's the first time we got access to alpha development so soon. Maybe every expansion this kind of fuckfest occurs.
    For sure.. I'm just looking forward to never having to spam mongoose bite 24/7 any more.. Excited for serpent sting to be baseline, raptor strike being our main nuke and for the 2 cd's. I'll most likely main survival either way, just for the enjoyment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    For sure.. I'm just looking forward to never having to spam mongoose bite 24/7 any more.. Excited for serpent sting to be baseline, raptor strike being our main nuke and for the 2 cd's. I'll most likely main survival either way, just for the enjoyment.
    Don't get me wrong, I look forward for the reworked spec. It's the nonsensical talents that infuriates me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamon View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I look forward for the reworked spec. It's the nonsensical talents that infuriates me.
    Yeah, they're pretty half-hearted. They could very easily make them much more appealing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Piercing shot 20 focus!?

Bring back HFC-era MM and all will be good. Everything is instant cast or castable while moving.