Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    I may not be very smart but I'm not stupid enough to buy his snake oil.
    What snake oil? The guy is genuinely trying to help people. I would understand that kind of reactions towards Milo Yiannopoulos or Ben Shapiro or Steven Crowder, but there's not much reason to talk shit about Jordan Peterson.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    you really want to grab these people and say 'HES NOT YOUR DAD'

the same kind who adore sam harris and listen to joe rogan.
    Don't know who Sam Harris is, and there's nothing wrong with listening to Joe Rogan, one of the only person out there getting several points of view from people across all fields of life.

Like wtf is wrong with you people not realizing who are doing good things? How wrong are you on a daily basis to end up with such a bad perspective?

He doesn't have to claim it to be gospel for people to believe this garbage.
    Gospel in your perspective. Now all you have to understand is that your perspective is wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

He is trying to help people by making sweeping and baseless judgements. Nice what a good job he is doing.
    Goes back to what I just said.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Don't know who Sam Harris is, and there's nothing wrong with listening to Joe Rogan, one of the only person out there getting several points of view from people across all fields of life.

Like wtf is wrong with you people not realizing who are doing good things? How wrong are you on a daily basis to end up with such a bad perspective?
    I think you need to buy more of his brain pills.

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    I don't understand your point. You find something horrible, where horrible people do horrible things and therefor #metoo is less horrible? Or something? And people who fight for women's rights, equality, against misogyny, etc. are incapable of caring and fighting for other causes? I don't understand.
    Basically wore sexual exploitation is happening in the world than what is found in Hollywood, but it doesn't sell magazine covers and it certainly doesn't have a trendy hashtag to go along with it. Thus, it is more proof that those crying about #MeToo do it because they are crusaders of convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    I think you need to buy more of his brain pills.
    Wouldn't have expected a smarter reply than that from someone who thinks like you.

Why do people seem to want to put random people like Jordan Peterson on a pedestal? People seem to want to make heroes out of just about anyone. It's about the same as idolizing the Kardashians... making them famous for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    How about your country?
    Depending on which one you mean, my home country or where I currently live:

South Korea has offered protection to syrians.

Singapore hasn't signed the refugee convention and unlikely they ever will.

It's a conversation people will lap up as fact. Which is the reason he was linked here in the first place.

What alliance between feminists and radical Islam? ??

At most I've seen feminists say invading and killing civilians as being wrong. That's hardly an alliance.
    To be honest I've been a bit out of the loop recently. For OP I think it's situations like feminists supporting or defending islam/islamists - for instance the cases of crime with origin of refugees where the nationality is attempted to be hidden, and such - and generally being willing to give a "pass" at situations that very clearly should be feminist issues (women being abused, having no rights, etc), or generally ignoring that in most countries where islam rules women don't have it so good, while they go around protesting about the patriarchy, wage gap, manspreading, and such things in the west.

In essence: Being a lot more critical of the western culture, that arguably is a lot more advanced when it comes to the treatment of women in general, while defending or supporting islamic culture.

Not sure if this is what Peterson refers to in his talk, though, could be.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2018-02-28 at 03:12 PM.

We can take in more women we dont want only young males who fuck shit up.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Why do people seem to want to put random people like Jordan Peterson on a pedestal? People seem to want to make heroes out of just about anyone. It's about the same as idolizing the Kardashians... making them famous for nothing.
    Not sure that many people really do put him on a pedestal, and either way, who or what exactly is "worthy" of "making" famous?

No one forced his fame, people liked him and like what he says and that's why he became famous =P

I don't think anyone should be put on a pedestal, but I certainly think he's an intelligent and insightful person that manages to communicate interesting and provocative ideas and thoughts in a compelling, civil and structured way.

Doesn't mean I agree with everything he says, or that he's not wrong, but I definitely enjoy hearing what he was to say.

So basically trying to dispel xenophobic views makes theme allies? I don't think anyone is defending the acts themselves just the idea that all refugees or immigrants are responsible or okay with that behaviour.

I dunno I think you're falling into the same trap as many people making feminists into a singular ideological bloc or expecting them all to be flawless human beings. Plenty of feminists are awful people but that doesn't mean some of their beliefs aren't justified.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep and then they really learn to hate the west and are more easy to radicalize. Good idea.
    I could not care less if we stopped taking in anyone or kicked out everyone, would still prefer children/women to young males, seriously where are all those women and children? back home i reckon fighting while the men flee.

Except in this thread we had someone say "this summarizes my views" so my perspective isn't wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you think you're worth the effort or time?

- - - Updated - - -

You have a very low bar for "people doing good things"

- - - Updated - - -

Idol worship is garbage.
    1. Well there are 2 perspectives to this because there are 2 different groups of "feminists". The radical ones like Jordan talked about who are basically SJW, taking the side of every victimized groups including muslim victims while their religion is doing very mysoginistic things. The only thing Jordan fails to elaborate in that speech is that there is indeed a group of real feminists who take women's issue seriously without being SJW, these feminists aren't so fund of the muslim tendencies to discriminate women.
    I don't think the OP should have linked that clip, it's pretty much out of context, or more like pulled into his own agenda.
    I agree with you on that, but I don't agree with bashing Peterson for that, it's the OP that was in the wrong here.

2. He took the time and effort to make a useless post instead of a smart one, he got offended instead of thinking straight, he still wasted the time and effort but to look even more stupid instead of explaining himself and look smarter in the process. We all have these choices and this is what he decided to do.

3. Well Joe Rogan is not doing a bad thing by basically making an educational podcast. He doesn't need to go out there and carry rape victim syrian girls on his shoulders and bring them back to "do good things". Literally only haters dislike Joe Rogan, no one in their right mind could say that he is a bad person.

4. Rofl, idol worship? There are people out there who don't have it as easy as you. People who need help and guidance in some aspects of their life and Peterson provided help for these people, they are grateful. You don't need his help? Fine, get out of the fucking way and let people become better person by seeking the help they want. You need to realize this is not a fucking cult looking to get you, it's just a guy looking for answers and he has been found by other people looking for answers.
    There's only 2 ways to hate Jordan Peterson. Either A) you just don't know him and hate him because he's becoming famous and don't understand why it's happening because you don't inform yourself, or B) you're a SJW.
    And by that I mean hate him, I can perfectly understand people not agreeing with everything he said or thinking it's not useful for them or being neutral about the whole thing, which is fine, there's a lot of gray area, but going straight to hate out of disagreement, that's a very SJW way of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    You are confusing "idol worship" with "thinking someone is intelligent and articulate"
    Not at all. I think he's fairly intelligent, but I'm not going to hang on his every word, and constantly tell my friends about how great he is.

When I see someone like Peterson, I always try and ask myself what he's actually selling. Even if I happen to agree with what he says on occasion, I'm still not buying what he's selling.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    I could not care less if we stopped taking in anyone or kicked out everyone, would still prefer children/women to young males, seriously where are all those women and children? back home i reckon fighting while the men flee.
    Women may resent going to countries which will not allow them to express their faith the way they believe is right.

Thanks for letting us know what you "reckon"
    Np thanks for taking your time to reply.

Yes I'm pretty much constantly upset with the way the world is. I find it hard to be happy when innocent people are suffering and people are making money off of people's ignorance
    It's not making money off of people's ignorance, it's called support from smart people who finally found someone worth their time. Again goes back to your wrong perspective I mentionned earlier which you very clearly proved by saying you are constantly upset with the world.

You have a problem, sure the world also does, but you can easily fix yourself before fixing the world. And no, your problems don't come because of the state of the world, that's just you having a very SJW attitude, thinking the world is against you and it makes you mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Here we go again:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...avours-un-aid/

Kind of puts the whole #MeToo movement into perspective doesn't it? I look forward to the legions of feminists marching in the streets around the world in solidarity for the plight these poor women are going through. Perhaps the feminists on this forum can explain to the rest of us the deafening silence.

The UN is beyond useless, not only is it just a slush fund for bureaucrats, but now it appears to be nothing more than a prostitution ring. Will anyone be arrested for these atrocities? Will anyone even get fired? Will anyone from the left even care because it's not Trumps fault?

This is heartbreaking. These women suffer under the one of the most oppressive misogynist religions on the planet, and at the time of their greatest need the UN lets them down. And all this after the Haiti sex for aid scandal. Trump should withdraw all funding to UN immediately.
    Wait what?

They go from shit situation A to shit situation B and then want to create Shit situation C?
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    If you care so much about those women then you would want them to be able to move to a safe place, like your country.
    Nah, I'm fine thx.

Also, I imagine you are a stone cold heartless person since you clearly don't care about the homeless near you. Why don't you take them into your home? All of them.

Still I think it's fair to blame the demand side of this market
    In this specific case, this is true. There is a clear abuse of power.

Unfortunately, idiots like you will always blame the man, no matter the situation. This lends less credence to legitimate problems such as this, when you have monkeys screeching about catcalling and equating it to rape.