Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

She looks really awesome! Although I was very excited to get that Turkish hero instead.

Still no Greek hero to go with Illios. I am dissapoint.

she's an anti flanker healer

there is a god
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like she has a really nice kit. I play Tank a lot, and Zen is one of my preferred healers and she sounds like she fills that kind of space so I just hope she plays as good as she sounds.

she's up on the PTR if anyone was interested.

she's a dive healer

her basic melee has some range, it's about the same length as meis m1

she'll be an absolute sitting duck against anyone out ranging her

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahem.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The one idea I've had is for a melee support hero, building off Blizzard's love of healers in big armor and using hammers. The idea was for a "medic" version of Crusader armored units like Reinhardt, using a one-handed energy mace. The energy mace would be a pseudo-melee attack, essentially melee but with an increased strike range (1.5-2x normal melee range). Their right-click would raise a personal-sized shield with only 200 shields (number up for debate; it's meant to be emergency personal defense, not something that can save you or allies from ults). For healing, their E would be an PBAoE burst of healing on a short (like 4 seconds) coolddown, for a set healing amount, say 100. That's 25hps, which is relatively low, but offset by the bursty nature and AoE effect. Possibly with a passive healing aura similar to Lucio's, but MUCH smaller, basically the same range as your energy mace. No idea for their other ability, perhaps a friendly "yank" to grab people out of danger and not affecting enemies at all (the opposite of Roadhog's hook).

The basic idea is to end up with a healer who wants to be in the mix with everyone else, while bringing okay healing, sort of a melee-focused alternative to zenyatta. The glaring and intentional weakness is the utter lack of any real ranged capacity, but the advantage is that they can likely at least give healer-killers like Genji and Tracer a run for their money. While I mentioned a personal shield, the goal is NOT to make them feel "tanky", but just give them an option that makes crossing open space not a death sentence automatically. That 200 shields would be backed by 200 hp, leaving them well behind real tanks (and that shield's activated, not always-on).
    IT'S ABOUT TIME, BLIZZARD. GAWSH.
    (post above is from October 2016, if you don't want to check the source link)

Ahem.

it only took 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    she's a dive healer

her basic melee has some range, it's about the same length as meis m1

she'll be an absolute sitting duck against anyone out ranging her
    She has a Reinhardt type shield that only protects her.

anyway she's a dive anti flanker healer. Having trouble with flankers as a healer? Go her. Running dive comp? Go her with lucio

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    She has a Reinhardt type shield that only protects her.
    i mean in terms of healing she can't heal effectively unless your near melee range, she has some minor spot healing but it's not enough when you need actual healing for the group but that's not her role anyway, her role is dive anti flank which healers have been having issues against flankers since forever

Deleted
    Ahem.

I mean.. we got to give you that they picked up that phone.. for you fucking called it

10+ Year Old Account
    anyway she's a dive anti flanker healer. Having trouble with flankers as a healer? Go her. Running dive comp? Go her with lucio
    With that whip shot, she might do well as a bunker-breaker, too, for spots like Hanamura's choke at Point A. You can mostly hide around the corner while still being close enough to melee through barriers, and whip shot can knock out someone and clear the gap for a push when barriers drop for a second.

She'll be terrible for open-range fighting, but every hero needs weak spots.

- - - Updated - - -

i mean in terms of healing she can't heal effectively unless your near melee range, she has some minor spot healing but it's not enough when you need actual healing for the group but that's not her role anyway, her role is dive anti flank which healers have been having issues against flankers since forever
    If that repair pack does 150 healing, which I saw suggested somewhere, that's 150 healing every 6 seconds, which is 25 HPS all by itself, used on CD. Zen's orb is only 30 HPS, and less "bursty" (which is a disadvantage).

Her healing on melee strikes should put her comfortably ahead of Zen's healing in the mix of things, especially given that it's AoE, and the ability to stack on armor (particularly in the opening moments of a match) during downtime can't be overlooked either.

What bugs me is that the flail, from her point of view, gets smaller in front of the enemies in a very obvious way, which breaks the illusion of depth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, the repair pack definitely does about 150 healing, and it looks like it might cap out at about half that in armor, so maybe 75 armor? Not sure if that's a cap or a 1:2 conversion rate.

Repair pack isn't really a "pack", it's a targeted short-range heal. If you've got no target, it doesn't fire at all.

looks interesting
    wish it would load faster the ptr

Okay, the repair pack definitely does about 150 healing, and it looks like it might cap out at about half that in armor, so maybe 75 armor? Not sure if that's a cap or a 1:2 conversion rate.

Repair pack isn't really a "pack", it's a targeted short-range heal. If you've got no target, it doesn't fire at all.
    So you can't self heal with pack?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Doesn't appear so, no. There's no way they could easily make that work without making it a physical drop like Torb's armor packs; if they made it self-target if you didn't have a target, then any time you "miss", you'd burn the heal on yourself and go on CD.

If you're meleeing dudes, though, THAT heals you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    From being on the PTR just now, no. You can use it on others, but not yourself.

played a few games on the ptr:
    her heal range is longer than I expected
    first ability is basically reverse roadhog hook
    brigitte vs brigitte: her shield is useless because the flail will hit you from the side
    no real heal and no real tank but still a good hybrid

all in all looks like she will be my new main support