Lehigh faculty ask trustees to rescind Trump honorary degree
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...rescind-trumps

I would have been embarrassed if my University gave Trump an honory or any degree.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...rescind-trumps

I would have been embarrassed if my University gave Trump an honory or any degree.
    I'd like to know how he got any degree. What did they give him it for?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I'd like to know how he got any degree. What did they give him it for?
    It was an honory degree he received in 1988. The degree is worth the paper it was printed on. This was 1988 when people loved Trump. In a way the height of his power and maybe fame.

So it would be the same as Lehigh giving a degree to a Kardashian.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Continuing developments from Total Drama White House:

The Trump family — and the president's oldest son, Don Jr., in particular — was angry about the overwhelmingly negative TV coverage about Jared Kushner last night, and feels White House Chief of Staff Kelly is hanging Jared out to dry, a source familiar with the situation tells Axios.

Over the past few weeks I’ve found fewer people internally willing to defend Jared. Politically, I’ve never seen him so exposed.

How the battle played out publicly ... "Kelly downgraded Jared Kushner's security clearance [last Friday] from 'Interim Top Secret' to 'Interim Secret,'" per Axios' Alexi McCammond:

Kushner's lawyer, Abbe Lowell, said Kushner's work won't be affected.

Why it matters, per N.Y. Times: "[H]is official portfolio inside the West Wing, especially with regard to his globe-trotting foreign affairs work on behalf of President Trump, is expected to be sharply reduced."

Article of the day ... WashPost lead story, "Foreign officials sought leverage over Kushner":

"Among those nations discussing ways to influence Kushner to their advantage were the United Arab Emirates, China, Israel and Mexico."

"It is unclear if any of those countries acted on the discussions, but Kushner’s contacts with certain foreign government officials have raised concerns inside the White House and are a reason he has been unable to obtain a permanent security clearance."

Why it matters: "Officials in the White House were concerned that Kushner was 'naive and being tricked' in conversations with foreign officials, some of whom said they wanted to deal only with Kushner directly and not more experienced personnel."
    All of that is fine and good, but the same article has this quote, attributed to a White House official:

Javanka and Kelly are locked in a death match. Two enter. Only one survives.
    Not only is that damning...that's Javanka. That's Bannon's word. Some Bannon loyalist in the WH is leaking like a geyser!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Dropping $31K on a dining room set for --
    No no no no NO NO NO! WRONG! FAKE NEWS!

It's $165k, get it right.

The Department of Housing and Urban Development will reportedly spend $165,000 on “lounge furniture” for its D.C. office, according to The Guardian .

This comes on the heels of President Trump proposing a $6.8 billion budget cut for the department, cuts that which would leave fewer resources for programs that help the poor and homeless.

Last September, the Department signed contracts for the furniture with an Indiana-based furniture retailer, according to The Guardian.

On Tuesday it was also reported that HUD Secretary Ben Carson spent $31,000 late in 2017 on a dining set for his office.

These revelations came after Helen Foster, a senior career official at the agency, alleged in a complaint to a watchdog for federal employees that she had been demoted after she refused to "find money" for the redecoration of Carson’s office.

Before President Trump’s inauguration, then-acting HUD Secretary Craig Clemmensen had asked Foster to help Carson’s wife get funding for the redecoration. Foster told Clemmensen that they could only legally spend $5,000 to improve the suite but said she was told to find the money anyway.

She says Clemmensen told her that “$5,000 will not even buy a decent chair.”
    I hate to say this because it involves Ben Carson, but, man, being unable to find a decent chair for $5,000 is about the whitest problem there is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we should convert Carson & Trump into first responders, since they're both so eager to take on shooters, and have so little to offer elsewhere.
    Last edited by draynay; 2018-02-28 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I think we should covert Carson & Trump into first responders, since they're both so eager to take on shooters, and have so little to offer elsewhere.
    About that... I saw this cartoon in today's Times:

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I hate to say this because it involves Ben Carson, but, man, being unable to find a decent chair for $5,000 is about the whitest problem there is.
    I have to say, out of all the horribly out-of-touch gaffes by cabinet members and staffers, HUD spending $196k on furniture is by far the most egregious.

That could buy a 3BR 2BA house in the suburbs in my area (Southeastern CT). It could probably cover housing costs for 3 or 4 families in a city housing project.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Football, or "soccer", is the most popular sport in the world. And the World Cup is the biggest event of the sport. The USA, Mexico, and Canada have a joint bit for the 2026 World Cup hosting gig.

And Trump done fucked it up.

The U.S., Mexico and Canada are presenting a joint bid to host the 2026 games, one that had initially seemed likely to succeed over their competitor, Morocco. But multiple sources told ESPN that the North American bid appeared to be in jeopardy recently due to several factors, including anti-American sentiment in response to Trump.

ESPN reported that several of Trump's actions, including his travel ban on Muslim-majority countries and recent comments regarding foreign nations, have contributed to the loss of support.

Now, sources told ESPN, some estimated voting totals have Morocco actually beating out the U.S.-led bid to host the tournament in 2026.

North American bid officials are often confronted with questions from federation officials in other countries about whether the U.S. can still be considered a friendly place for foreigners, according to ESPN. As a result, bid representatives are reportedly highlighting the Mexico-Canada involvement in order to win over votes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see you're cartoon, and counter with my own!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Adding to the list of Trump's anti-Obama obsession: Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize. Trump can't even get nominated.

"But he was nominated last year!"

Nope.. Fake. The Nobel Institute Director told the press that the nomination, which is supposed to come from a restricted list of people, was fraudulent.

Apparently, this has happened a total of twice:
    a) Trump, last year.
    b) Trump, this year.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump cannot buy luck with TEN BILLION DOLLARS!!!

Within a week, a week, of saying we should arm teachers, police are called to the scene of a teacher pulling a gun and firing in a school.

"Wow. At least it wasn't in Georgia, can you imagine how ironic that would be?"

Um...

"Oh Jesus fuck, no way."

Dalton High School, Georgia.

So can Trump add those fake Nobel Peace Prize nominations to his wall of fake Time Magazine covers?

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose you could make a pretty good case for how much trouble Trump is in, by how much he berates Jeff Sessions.

July:

In July, Trump had...um...everything go wrong. He lost Preibus. He loss Spicer. He lost The Mooch, who cost him Preibus and Spicer. Manafort had to testify. TrumpCare died due to pre-existing conditions. He fucked up the Boy Scouts speech, of all things. He met Putin, took Putin on his word that there was no interference, and admitted such publicly. His numbers hit the lowest they'd ever been, and he was forced, by Congress, to sign Russian sanctions, crying like a bitch, and literally no other legislation at all. How's it going, Sessions?

"Sessions should have never recused himself, and if he was going to recuse himself, he should have told me before he took the job and I would have picked somebody else."

"So why aren't the Committees and investigators, and of course our beleaguered A.G., looking into Crooked Hillarys crimes & Russia relations?"

He tweets again: "Attorney General Jeff Sessions has taken a VERY weak position on Hillary Clinton crimes (where are E-mails & DNC server) & Intel leakers!"

Trump made no attacks on Sessions in June or August, just so we're clear.

Feb:

Trump's numbers "recover" to 40% -- ouch -- but then start falling again. He fucks up a school shooting. The Infrastructure bill is...nothing, there's nothing here. We find out about 100 or more WH playahs without security clearances. More indictments. More charges to people already indicted. Gates flips. The stock market, Trump's big selling point about the economy, had a record-breaking drop. Twice. On DACA, SCOTUS blocks IMPOTUS. Pence fucks up the North Korean meeting. Russian mercenaries attack US-backed forces. Palestine calls for the UN to replace the USA as Middle East peace dealers, then turns their back on Haley and leaves the room before she can respond. And Melania is seen more and more distant, even so far as boarding AF1 by herself. How's it going, Sessions?

"If all of the Russian meddling took place during the Obama Administration, right up to January 20th, why aren’t they the subject of the investigation? Why didn’t Obama do something about the meddling? Why aren’t Dem crimes under investigation? Ask Jeff Sessions!"

"Why is A.G. Jeff Sessions asking the Inspector General to investigate potentially massive FISA abuse. Will take forever, has no prosecutorial power and already late with reports on Comey etc. Isn’t the I.G. an Obama guy? Why not use Justice Department lawyers? DISGRACEFUL!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Adding to the list of Trump's anti-Obama obsession: Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize. Trump can't even get nominated.

"But he was nominated last year!"

Nope.. Fake. The Nobel Institute Director told the press that the nomination, which is supposed to come from a restricted list of people, was fraudulent.

Apparently, this has happened a total of twice:
    a) Trump, last year.
    b) Trump, this year.
    That is so sad and pathetic it hurts.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    But apparently teachers, whose job is to teach, will be more effective than law enforcement professionals.
    Well, to be fair, the comparison was drawn with Gen. Kelly, a 67-year-old man who I'm honestly not sure if he's seen active duty combat (please tell me if you know), being an action-movie badass whose mere presence would deter a shooter. Instead of, you know, making sure the shooter takes out Kelly first, and then having two guns.

So I recently came across this article on reddit, it claims that the Navalny scandal sex workers may have info about Russia and its interference in our election.

http://https://meduza.io/en/news/201...-are-in-danger

Still I can't really back up the source, especially in this day and age of misinformation.

Heres the article. I copy pasted the contents

Two sex workers at the center of #RussiaGate allegations against a top Moscow official request U.S. asylum, saying their lives are in danger
    Meduza06:12, 28 february 2018
    The “sex trainer” of the woman who leaked photos and videos of oligarch Oleg Deripaska and Deputy Prime Minister Sergey Prikhodko meeting aboard a yacht in August 2016 is asking the U.S. government for political asylum. “Alex Leslie” (Alexander Kirillov) is currently under arrest in Bangkok for illegal sex work, and reportedly faces extradition to Russia, where he’s named in a lawsuit by Deripaska for violations of the tycoon’s privacy.

Leslie says he and his “student,” “Nastya Rybka” (Anastasia Vashukevich), have “valuable information for the United States,” but they face death, he claims, if they’re returned to Russia. Leslie’s appeal to U.S. officials was first reported by the government-funded media outlet RT.

Nastya Rybka previously appealed to “the American press,” claiming that she is ready to reveal “missing puzzle pieces” regarding Russian state officials’ role in Moscow’s 2016 presidential election meddling. Rybka says she wants U.S. asylum for herself and several other Russians detained in Thailand for “sex training.”

What’s all the fuss about?
    In early February 2018, Alexey Navalny published an investigative report based on Rybka’s social media posts and a book she wrote, accusing Deripaska of bribing Prikhodko, and possibly meeting to discuss Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election. Rybka’s “sex trainer,” Alex Leslie, also shared details about Rybka’s meetings with Deripaska, who won an injunction that led Russia’s federal censor to ban the sharing of the photos and videos.

WHO IS SERGEY PRIKHODKO?
    The man with the golden shoes The key figure in Alexey Navalny’s ‘RussiaGate’ investigation is Deputy Prime Minister Sergey Prikhodko. Just who is he?
    In late February, Thai police arrested Rybka, Lesie, and dozens of Russian sex tourists, each of whom reportedly paid $625 to participate in his program, on the island of Ko Lan.
    Last edited by Sharkconas; 2018-02-28 at 09:18 PM. Reason: The link is not working.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkconas View Post
    Still I can't really back up the source
    Yeah...if it's credible, someone else will pick it up. Interesting, but a novelty, for now at least.

What the hell is a .io address?

Russian...
    Meduza is based in Latvia...but it prints in Russian.
    Looks to be fairly antagonistic to Putin interests...which makes that as independent as it can be over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Russian...
    Meduza is based in Latvia...but it prints in Russian.
    Looks to be fairly antagonistic to Putin interests...which makes that as independent as it can be over there.
    ...false.

.io is just another top level domain, like .com, .org, .net, .gov, .us, .co.uk, .ru (that one is Russian), etc.

See the well known raider.io that tells people how much you suck at Mythic + runs in WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah...if it's credible, someone else will pick it up. Interesting, but a novelty, for now at least.

Appears to be assigned by the ICB (based in UK), so its not a shady domain.

10+ Year Old Account
    And down goes Hope Hicks! Big props to @Souls for the scoop!

Are we tired of winning yet?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, also, this other Trump appointee who was caught making anti-Muslim and conspiracy theory posts, but still, Hope Hicks, damn.

- - - Updated - - -

God dammit, where the hell is @Skroe anymore? He should be commenting on OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH right.

- - - Updated - - -

And now, there are stories of Trump being fucking primaried.

"Pfft, which librul Fake News rag would -- "

FOXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

As President Trump gets a jump on 2020 by rolling out his hand-picked re-election team, he’s already facing rumblings of a possible Republican primary challenge.

Outgoing Arizona GOP Sen. Jeff Flake, an outspoken Trump nemesis, plans next month to visit early-voting state New Hampshire to speak at the high-profile “Politics and Eggs” event.

A candidate’s performance in the state’s primary, which historically follows the first-in-the nation Iowa caucuses, is seen as a critical test in the nomination battle.

Flake said last year he wasn't planning to run, but didn't rule it out either. Flake’s office confirmed the New Hampshire trip to Fox News on Tuesday -- and the appearance immediately revived speculation about his intentions.

Flake is planning to visit New Hampshire on March 16. The annual event is hosted by Saint Anselm College's New Hampshire Institute of Politics. A Flake spokesman said the senator is working on a speech for the event titled, "Country Over Party."
    - - - Updated - - -

Kushner has company. A lot of it, actually.

More than 30 White House staffers had their “top secret” security clearance downgraded to “secret” late last week, Bloomberg News reported Wednesday.

Those officials will operate on a “secret” interim security clearance while their background checks are processed. None of the individuals have been asked to leave the White House, Bloomberg reported.

Dozens of staffers were notified last week in a memo that interim security clearances would be downgraded from the top secret level. Among those affected was White House senior adviser and the president’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner.
    That still leaves about seventy.

- - - Updated - - -

FOX News forced to post 'In Memoriam' list of Trump appointees who are no longer with us.

Cue "In The Arms Of The Angels".