Page 36 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I wonder if that’s because destro is green fire? I know it’s early days, but I hope aff can have the infernal too. Love that guy. God I’m going to miss drain soul too. An instant cast filler that healed me and could create a soul shard. Legion was good times, except for the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by benjaminandjen View Post
    I wonder if that’s because destro is green fire? I know it’s early days, but I hope aff can have the infernal too. Love that guy. God I’m going to miss drain soul too. An instant cast filler that healed me and could create a soul shard. Legion was good times, except for the beginning.
    My single biggest hope is that Demonology doesn't become our go-to spec. I dont mind the playstyle idea, but the execution with the pet AI in this game is so atrocious that if Demo becomes our best choice the other two would have to be completely gutted.

Whatever happened to the red infernal and abyssal?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarilex View Post
    Whatever happened to the red infernal and abyssal?
    The infernal was never really red, but they updated the model for Legion (or the end of WoD, or whenever it was) and like all of the other updated demon models, gave it to us as well.

The abyssal... I don't think we even have the glyph for that anymore, do we?

Implosion baseline for demo. Awwww yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Looks like they separated Demonic Circle back into two spells. That's nice of them.

Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post
    The infernal was never really red, but they updated the model for Legion (or the end of WoD, or whenever it was) and like all of the other updated demon models, gave it to us as well.

The abyssal... I don't think we even have the glyph for that anymore, do we?
    The Abyssal was orange, but would change to green with the Codex of Xerrath active. The glyph was indeed removed

Incidentily, the new infernal model exists in several colours in the game files, incuding orange and purple.

These last comments make me desperate for demon customizations, via glyphs or whatever, sounds so incredible. But probably never going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
    Implosion baseline for demo. Awwww yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
    Was never a fan of implosion. Id rather if more of legion demo would go away than be brought along with us in BFA. Also seems like power siphon now has a cooldown and overloaded is being removed? Not a fan of these changes

Quote Originally Posted by benjaminandjen View Post
    These last comments make me desperate for demon customizations, via glyphs or whatever, sounds so incredible. But probably never going to happen
    Too busy making unique druid forms #25 through #35.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    ive always wanted talent trees for demons like hunter pets, could be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post
    Looks like they separated Demonic Circle back into two spells. That's nice of them.
    IDK if i'm getting this right but it shows it as a 10 sec CD spell for me now?

Love it if it's true.
    Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Nice whine, what you failed to notice is it's not only horde unique forms for 2 more horde druid races when druidism originated in night elf culture before the retcon, and the poor fools who rolled Highmountain tauren only got moose horns on a form and for moonkin form they didn't even update the horns from the base tauren.

Blizzard is making bank from race changes. Why expand existing race customization options when you can charge each customization separately instead?

Overwatch's microtransaction craze is creeping into their other products as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Blizzard is making bank from race changes. Why expand existing race customization options when you can charge each customization separately instead?

Overwatch's microtransaction craze is creeping into their other products as well.
    I'd LOVE to be able to buy into cool cosmetics.

But it's incredibly rudimentary in WoW, and overpriced as a result. Nothing micro about these transactions.

Anyway, that's just boosting my initial argument. Unlike some other aspects of design, this is in fact a case of "what do we put our people on?" - and naturally the money-making new race wins over one class' desire to have a personal touch. Big shocker.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    ive always wanted talent trees for demons like hunter pets, could be cool.
    I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of unlocking a demon to summon after enslaving one out in the world. Demon talent trees would be cool too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarilex View Post
    I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of unlocking a demon to summon after enslaving one out in the world. Demon talent trees would be cool too.
    No thanks, I remember back in Vanilla when I was considering whether roll Warlock or Hunter as my second character - one of the reasons I picked Warlock was exactly because it did not have to clean after poochie you adopted to keep it happy. I'd rather not devolve into this Hunter pet bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    No thanks, I remember back in Vanilla when I was considering whether roll Warlock or Hunter as my second character - one of the reasons I picked Warlock was exactly because it did not have to clean after poochie you adopted to keep it happy. I'd rather not devolve into this Hunter pet bullshit.
    I mean let's at least be willing to come to some middleground here - ya? How about if we were able to enslave any demon but didn't need to worry about the care of it? It's a demon - we OWN it - it SERVES us. I don't think if I don't feed my felhound or infernal they will die - they live and exist to serve me and us as warlocks. I think we should be able to tame a wild demon of any kind provided it doesn't lorebreak. I agree with you if we had to take care of it or feed it or whatever then that would be a bunch of bullshit that I am not interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonhead View Post
    I mean let's at least be willing to come to some middleground here - ya? How about if we were able to enslave any demon but didn't need to worry about the care of it? It's a demon - we OWN it - it SERVES us. I don't think if I don't feed my felhound or infernal they will die - they live and exist to serve me and us as warlocks. I think we should be able to tame a wild demon of any kind provided it doesn't lorebreak. I agree with you if we had to take care of it or feed it or whatever then that would be a bunch of bullshit that I am not interested in.
    That's kind of what I was going for. Enslave a demon, unlock it as a customization option for one of the current demons. No feeding or care required because 1, demons just die and come back anyway and 2, since when has a warlock ever cared about the well being of their summons?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonhead View Post
    Or you could just introduce a questchain where you have to venture and learn a demons true name to gain control of it in order for it to become a pet?
    Oh wait, we had something similar back in VANILLA that they later removed. I don't think you want to hold out for class fantasy quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    Shaman for example has a range and melee dps spec, so they have 2 roles. Regardless of balance, you need to pick a role and fill it.
    While Locks and Mages have 3 ranged specs, if all 3 are capable of burst/sustain/cleave/ST/aoe then the spec that does more dummy parse numbers is the only "viable" spec in the eyes of the masses. But if affl is the council/high movement fight king, destro is the burst/2 target king and demo is the AoE/ST king (for example!) then you have a reason to play all 3 specs.

This is healthy for the game, especially in an Xpac that has removed all the shit that locked us into 1 spec like Legion did.
    Maybe 'healthy' for the game, but absolutely miserable for players who have a preferred spec.