Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    *facepalm*

That's the point... The Horde "Azerite War Machine" is probably no more of a WMD than the Alliance One. They're both just Azerite Siege Engines, contrary to the people who were shouting about WMDs when they saw Sylvanas had one.
    Those big seige towers from the cinematic are using Azerite too I think.

That being said, Sylvanas' war machines were probably built by goblins which makes them far more dangerous. I'm guessing the fire that burns Teldrassil is more because one of them backfire or explode than just being a super powerful WMD. Like, they built this weapon because Azerite is powerful but turns out it makes way better bombs than it does machines and they learn that the hard way.
    Last edited by Biotec; 2018-03-01 at 02:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they add; Scorpid, Hyenas (Kinda obvious), Armadillos, Snakes (Maybe the Sethrak have them as Hunter pets when you face them and mobs to kill), sand worm...
    Skeletons, ghosts, sand elementals, mummies, Twilight's Hammer Cult (They could have some members looking for artifacts), and probably other things...

Well we know Zandalari Trolls, Sethrack and Vulpera will be on Vol'dun...
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Biotec View Post
    Those big seige towers from the cinematic are using Azerite too I think.

That being said, Sylvanas' war machines were probably built by goblins which makes them far more dangerous. I'm guessing the fire that burns Teldrassil is more because one of them backfire or explode than just being a super powerful WMD. Like, they built this weapon because Azerite is powerful but turns out it makes way better bombs than it does machines and they learn that the hard way.
    This.

All it takes is one glance at the war technology of the two factions to see that the Alliance will probably use Azerite to power vehicles, shore up defensive wards, and create precise and effective weaponry (See: Draenei, Dwarves, Gnomes) and Horde will use it to maximize destructive and offensive power and build bigger more devestating weaponry (Goblins, Blood Elves, Forsaken, Orcs).

A dwarf's first thought on Azerite is going to be stick that in a tank and kick it into overdrive.
    A gnome's first thought is going to be power up a laser.
    A Draenei's is going to be build existing crystal technology out of that instead.

A goblin's is going to be "wow, you sure could stick that in a bomb."
    The Forsaken's is going to be "Wow, you sure could mix that into a plague canister to make it far more explosive and destructive."
    And assuming they can't jam it into their veins or drink it, an Orc's first thought is probably to figure out how to use it to build better standard weapons and catapults.

The Blood Elves are the only ones who are reasonable, and when they're done trying to shoot it up as well, they'll probably build some extremely destructive arcane weapon out of it a la manabombs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    This.

All it takes is one glance at the war technology of the two factions to see that the Alliance will probably use Azerite to power vehicles, shore up defensive wards, and create precise and effective weaponry (See: Draenei, Dwarves, Gnomes) and Horde will use it to maximize destructive and offensive power and build bigger more devestating weaponry (Goblins, Blood Elves, Forsaken, Orcs).

A dwarf's first thought on Azerite is going to be stick that in a tank and kick it into overdrive.
    A gnome's first thought is going to be power up a laser.
    A Draenei's is going to be build existing crystal technology out of that instead.

A goblin's is going to be "wow, you sure could stick that in a bomb."
    The Forsaken's is going to be "Wow, you sure could mix that into a plague canister to make it far more explosive and destructive."
    And assuming they can't jam it into their veins or drink it, an Orc's first thought is probably to figure out how to use it to build better standard weapons and catapults.

The Blood Elves are the only ones who are reasonable, and when they're done trying to shoot it up as well, they'll probably build some extremely destructive arcane weapon out of it a la manabombs.
    I mean, the two races best at making and utilizing defensive wards are Horde-aligned.

That aside, it doesn't really matter. Seeing as this faction conflict is almost certainly Old God fueled, I'm sure both sides will make big, destructive weapons that are Bad and Mean.

Quote Originally Posted by DercMerc View Post
    I mean, the two races best at making and utilizing defensive wards are Horde-aligned.

That aside, it doesn't really matter. Seeing as this faction conflict is almost certainly Old God fueled, I'm sure both sides will make big, destructive weapons that are Bad and Mean.
    Draenei and humans are Horde-aligned?

Draenei and humans are Horde-aligned?
    Nah, the two races that successfully created barriers that kept them safe for thousand of years. Sin'dorei and Shal'dorei.

Draenei have impressive ships, certainly, but the most notable human barrier/ward was in a territory shared by elves, mimicking elven magic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    it's not like we haven't seen steamy pictures on this forums that had Garrosh and Varian in it :P
    Bros until they die.

Quote Originally Posted by DercMerc View Post
    Nah, the two races that successfully created barriers that kept them safe for thousand of years. Sin'dorei and Shal'dorei.
    lol. What did "Sin'dorei barriers" keep them safe from for thousands of years? The trolls they were offensively attacking?

Also, a pretty important correction here: No, the Shal'dorei didn't create a barrier to keep them safe for thousands of years, because there wasn't anyone to attack them, the Legion was off fighting the rest of the Night Elves and no one cared about the nobles hiding off in the middle of nowhere. The shield was to protect against the Sundering, and it was left up because they thought the rest of the world was destroyed. It's not like there were armies attacking it, it just sat there keeping them locked inside. The fact that they immediately surrendered to the Legion at the first sign of attack should tell you about how durable it was.

Draenei have impressive ships, certainly, but the most notable human barrier/ward was in a territory shared by elves, mimicking elven magic.
    That's a pretty massive reach based on literally nothing. Dalaran is and has always been overwhelming human, and the human village of Ambermill also put up a similar, even more powerful barrier spell up, so no, I'm gonna go ahead and say that's human warding, not High Elf warding, which we can see on Isle of Thunder, looks nothing like that.

If you want to talk about barriers that keep people safe for thousands of years, you should be looking at Dire Maul, where the Shen'dralar (read: The same Mages who are now part of Night Elf society) kept Immol'thar locked behind a draining barrier for 10,000 years. (Which sort of brings up a second point, namely, the "Shal'dorei" didn't raise the barrier around Suramar, the Highborne they used to be did. It isn't some trade secret that only the Horde knows, they were just Highborne mages using the same magic as other Highborne mages, only, the best of the best Highborne mages were the Shen'dralar, not the nobles in Suramar)

But even ignoring that, Draenei don't just have "impressive ships" they excell at wards beyond basically any other race. It's one of the primary uses of their crystal tech and besides ships, they also warded and shielded the entirety of Auchindoun and Karabor, and using a shard of the ata'mal crystal, hid and warded Shattrath. In fact pretty much every Draenei city or major settlement on Draenor is shown as being actively defensively warded.

Not to mention the obvious: Just look at what the two factions do with technology. I don't even know how this is a debate.

The Horde build destructive weapons and try to pump up their offensive capability. The Alliance build a more general, even level of technology including weapons. Look at the Goblins. Their first move after joining the Horde was to build a massive canon next to Orgrimmar and a giant bomb to deploy on druids.

In fact pretty much every Draenei city or major settlement on Draenor is shown as being actively defensively warded.
    And for good reason, if you remember what they've been doing for the last 25,000 years. They probably unthinkingly build wards into everything they make.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    And for good reason, if you remember what they've been doing for the last 25,000 years. They probably unthinkingly build wards into everything they make.
    wasnt the whole point of that quest in shadowmoon, you try to activate that sentry crystal and it draws so much power it freaks out the local wildlife to the point where bog creatures come out?

Yea the Draenei have extremely advanced defenses...and with the backwards medieval technology the horde and alliance have they cant utilize much of it.
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Hey... remember how people were saying that Sylvanas was gonna get the Azerite and make WMDs and when "Azerite War Machine" popped up in text there were some people who jumped all over it as a WMD?

Well. The new model for the Alliance Siege Engine is actually labeled Alliance Azerite War Machine. Sooo... Guess they made some WMDs, too?

https://media.mmo-champion.com/image...neAlliance.jpg
    Well ooobviously, since this was added to the files later, this clearly means that the Alliance only built this because the Horde already had Azerite WMDs. There's no other explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Bros until they die.
    Can we retroactively have this instead of SoO and WoD?
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Bros until they die.
    didnt have to show us

- - - Updated - - -

Hey... remember how people were saying that Sylvanas was gonna get the Azerite and make WMDs and when "Azerite War Machine" popped up in text there were some people who jumped all over it as a WMD?

Well. The new model for the Alliance Siege Engine is actually labeled Alliance Azerite War Machine. Sooo... Guess they made some WMDs, too?
    maybe the horde built one first

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    wasnt the whole point of that quest in shadowmoon, you try to activate that sentry crystal and it draws so much power it freaks out the local wildlife to the point where bog creatures come out?

Yea the Draenei have extremely advanced defenses...and with the backwards medieval technology the horde and alliance have they cant utilize much of it.
    IIRC, it wasn't the power drain, but the emissions of that particular system. It's also heavily implied the guy just stubbornly attempted to activate it again without properly adapting it to the area.

For comparison, look at the plateau above Shattrath. They don't just have wards there, they actually have CIWS capable of shooting down artillery shells.

The comparative lack of development of the Alliance still is an issue, since it means nobody but a Draenei can actually maintain or operate any of this stuff, and even of those there aren't that many with both the knowledge and sufficient training for frontline operations.

Yea, I highly doubt there is going to be proper correlation in the engineering skillset of "Random Dranei #3472" and one of the Crystal Tech Engineers who were around in Draenor and on the Exodar/Vindicaar/etc.
    Sarkhoza(Neglected) Thanos(Neglected) Saronus(New (Old) Main. WIP.)
    <Crux> Zul'jin - US

#TeamWaycrestHallowsEnd

I am ABSOLUTELY ready for Blizzard to reveal a new Druid race for Alliance. It's high time. Time for a new Shaman race, too, but I assume Dark Iron Dwarves will fill that nitch.
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    I am ABSOLUTELY ready for Blizzard to reveal a new Druid race for Alliance. It's high time. Time for a new Shaman race, too, but I assume Dark Iron Dwarves will fill that nitch.
    I don't think we'll see new Horde Paladin and Alliance Shaman races in BfA, to be honest. Might be some of the new races pick the trades up after the expansion, but i'm rather doubtful we'll see any during it.

I don't think we'll see new Horde Paladin and Alliance Shaman races in BfA, to be honest. Might be some of the new races pick the trades up after the expansion, but i'm rather doubtful we'll see any during it.
    This is quite a nice hint :

Gives me hope we might see them after all.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    This is quite a nice hint :

Gives me hope we might see them after all.
    You also get Zandalari Prelates in Zandalar, yet we already know they won't get the class.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them get added to these races after BfA, but i don't think we'll get them now.

You also get Zandalari Prelates in Zandalar, yet we already know they won't get the class.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them get added to these races after BfA, but i don't think we'll get them now.
    We don't know the full story of Zandalar yet. Prelates and Rezan are very important part of Zandalari society, there is still a chance there will be a big quest chain in order to bring restoration to Zandalar.

Rezan is Wild God he can be reborn.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Loving the coats - hopefully these are available to players, even horde players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Te1EiquqJc