View Poll Results: How Good Was Legion???

Voters
82. This poll is closed
  • Excellent

27 32.93%
  • Good

26 31.71%
  • Neutral

10 12.20%
  • Under-performed

11 13.41%
  • Poor

8 9.76%

Poll: How Good was Legion???

As the title suggests, I'm trying to get a handle on what kind of experience people had with Legion. Did you like it? Was it only good enough? Was it just another expansion compared to the others? Was it not quite what you wanted? Was it a disappointment?

The biggest question: Why? Can you give your argument any weight that's relevant? How much of what we saw with Legion was reactionary to the state of WoD? What were the gifts in Legion? What are the curses?

I have to say that I enjoyed Legion.

I loved the expansion of the Legion lore and the final fight against Kil'Jaedin. The Tomb of Sargeras was something I've waited for since WC3:TFT. There was a general sense of significantly more effort in the availability of content with patches, the variety of content, and the ways to play at max level. Having a meaningful story for each class. Having meaningful progression on each spec. Quests available from 100 leveling through 110 in Suramar. Quests for dungeons, quests for crafting, quests for new zones, quests for newer zones, quests for artifacts, and world quests. Story approach involving old world elements - involving these in order hall campaigns lent itself to reminding us there's not just the Broken Isles but the whole rest of the world to consider. I loved the armor, the attention to detail, the wide availability of all mounts. Mythic+ was a massive success, raiding better than ever, PvP Talents, solid class gameplay down to every spec remaining competitive. And Challenge Weapons were great also! And Chromie!

Idk, I know I had a blast. Mained Enhance Shaman with Frost DK alt (with another 8 alts max level).

I also just want to say Thank You Blizzard for listening to the real fans of your franchise. We've wanted class story lines. We've wanted the Emerald Dream. We've wanted the Tomb of Sargeras. And noone could have imagined we'd get the fabled city of Suramar AND Argus - gifts that in my opinion put Legion over the top.

I enjoyed legion too, but there are so many things that could've been better.

Raids were all pretty good and diversified compared to WoD.

Lore was really good in Legion, one of the best lore since WotLK in my opinion. (Including class story lines)

PVP was shit. Nothing else to say about it.

Class design was awful for some classes and great for others. Unfortunately all the specs I enjoyed playing in past xpacs were awful. (I main Demonology Warlock)

Questing was not the best because of some awkward level design between quest hubs but being able to choose where we start questing was great and so was the story.

Mythic + is awesome.

Gear a bit too RNG with TF proc being able to go that high and well Legiondaries... (I prefered the WoD version +5 WF and +10 TF)

Artifacts were really nice, but became a bit blend over time.

WQ are a great addition but I still liked the old dailies and I hope we can have a mix of both.

Patches came fast and kept us busy enough tho making them last 1 month longer each would alleviate the coming drought.

There's probably more but that's all I can think of at the moment.

The show was fantastic and artsy, and most importantly, fun. Jermaine Clement (of Flight of the Conchords' fame) had a character that was just brilliant. It's a shame it didn't get better ratings, though.

The expansion for WoW of the same name was utter shit though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm from the future.

Legion was better than BfA.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

10+ Year Old Account
    Voted good although I lean a little bit toward excellent. I thought the expansion perfect for the audience that plays only a little a day or only three-four times a week or less. Always something to do to progress your character. New stuff coming along before the older stuff got too stale.

I understand that that is not necessarily the experience of everyone else especially players who put in 12 or more hours a week on a regular basis. And while it might seem as if that's a majority of people here I doubt that it is in the game-at-large.

For casual players it's pretty much just exactly what Warlords was not.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Voted good. I love Legion but I deducted a point for World PvP.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

Deleted
    +The outdoor content was especially great
    +The level of detail in story and the class campaigns was also awesome
    - The overall story was lackluster and unimaginative
    - The mid exp content zones of Broken Shore and Argus were below average compared to older exps
    - The Raids were horrible compared to WoD or MoP

Below Average for me, the outdoor content is the best ever, but the raids bring Legion down for me.

I think mythic+ will go down as one of the better ideas they've had, even if it was somewhat stolen from diablo.

it it was pve i would say it was good. even tho pruning ruined so many speccs. But they put some effort into story WQ stuff and artifact etc.

PvP wise it was the worst expansion, and that by far. It was even worse than WoD, and when I think about WoD, PvP was so much better than in legion even tho WoD wasn't considered a good PvP expansion by most PvP players. But the overpruning in Legion, templates and no progression system (gear, vendors etc.) made Legion so horrible that it had the lowest pvp participation like ever, and that for a good reason. Also Class balance is horrible in Legion. The fact that melee classes are so dominant is annoying. Lack of counterplay. Cooldown trading sucks.

That is why I rate Legion neutral, because PvP was more or less nonexistent in this expansion. But PvE was okay/good.

Voted Neutral because of the following reasoning:

+Raids: I actually enjoyed the pacing, the aesthetics of the raids, and the encounters themselves. You had some annoying bosses, and some fun ones, but you can say the same about every expansion.
    +Leveling: Really enjoyed the scaling of the outdoor content
    +Dailies: Very fun to do after unlocking flying. Compared to the rewards they give, they are pretty damn fast.
    +Class halls: Really awesome feature that made every class interesting
    + Mythic+ helped keep dungeon content alive throughout the expansion while also incentivizing newbies to get into it due to the weekly cache

-Class design: Some specs have become really fun to play(I sure enjoyed my resto druid), while a fair number of them went through significant changes, many of them for the worst sadly. Feral, for instance, was saved in 7.3, while guardian got a bit gutted by the removal of Mark of Ursol. Significant changes done to a spec in the middle of an expansion are quite ehhhh and many people don't like them, me included. You farm your ass off to get legendaries and level your artifact weapon, only to face the possibility of major changes brought to your spec.
    -Legiondaries: Extremely unfun mechanic. The wakened essence made the farming more bearable, but it's just horrible to get your BiS legendaries for last.
    -Massive multi spec punishment: It felt horrible to play multiple specs this expansion. You had a nerfed Artifact weapon, a general lack of legendaries, and were constantly afraid of swapping specs for fear of accidentally getting a legendary for the wrong spec. The biggest bullshit of the expansion for me.
    -PVP: What in the actual... yeah, I won't even comment here. I've played since TBC, and I don't remember PVP being in such a sorry state ever. I'd rather get one shot by highly geared people in BGs as I work my way up the gearing ladder than deal with templates that very much favor certain specs while shitting on others. DH tanks even do more dmg than certain dps specs. Sooo fun!

The saturation of RNG, and multitudes of layers of it, along with the grind in Legion killed it for me...

And having main'd a Priest since TBC, the iteration of Shadow I honestly do not enjoy... and it most certainly didn't help that the spec was completely balanced around that stupid talent Surrender to Madness in the first half of, to which I hated (wastes food and runes).
    Last edited by Daedius; 2018-03-01 at 06:58 AM.

I voted "under-preformed". While I enjoyed the content, I think patches came out too fast, especially now that we're looking at a year long content drought again with Antorus. While there were some good features like Mythic+ and the new way World Quests work, there were just too many bad features to even out for me between AP, Legendaries, raids tuned poorly(either tuned around having a certain amount of AP or just overtuned for no good reason), and to the point of terrible balance when they said they wanted it to feel like even if you picked say Outlaw for your Rogue then it would be competitive with the other specs(it never was, nor is it the only example).
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

-Loved the leveling experience. Enjoyed all zones except Highmountain. Suramar might be one of the best experiences I've had in this game since Vanilla/BC, and yes, I am including the forced-stealth. World Quests were a huge improvement that are a solid system to keep. Mythic+ was a massive success.

-Secondary stats scaling differently was a plus to allow classes to feel fluid at early stages without requiring high ilevel gear, but it meant additive values on primary stats got insanely out of control. Ilevel squish will probably fix this.

-Class content on paper sounded enjoyable, but the mission table and boring nature of the mount questline prevented it from getting where it needed to be, especially done for multiple classes. This is why I'm not shedding any tears that there won't be "Racial" content in BFA and instead we're just getting factional campaigns. That being said, it was ambitious nonetheless, and I'm glad they tried and failed rather than just stayed an extremely boring course.

-Raids were middle of the road. I'm not going to lie that I'm disappointed at how same-y both Tomb and Antorus felt for most of their duration.

-Overreliance on RNG was frustrating. Warforged and Titanforged should be capped at 5 and 10 ilevels respectively. MAYBE 10 and 15. That way there's enough exciting variance without the downsides of feeling obligated to run exorbitant amounts of content or feeling shortchanged by seeing some random get an outright Mythic Raid-level roll.

-The Broken Shore was BAD. Like, impressively and incongruously bad with the rest of the expansion.

-I am not pro-flying by any measure - I feel content should be completed first on land before being accessible by flight, but if your content is going to be complete-able with no area gaps, waiting for flying to be unlocked as late as 7.2 feels unnecessary. The Suramar zone was already obsolete by 7.1, so it should've been unlockable with Insurrection for alt use rather than the Broken Shore. Then make the Shore a no-fly zone until the Legionfall Campaign.

-Argus was frustrating in terms of terrain but as pretty ambitious in terms of area density, implementing entire new tiers of crafting, being content-dense, etc. Antoran Wastes and Krokuun were too similar, but Mac'Aree was exceptional in terms of art assets.

-Artifact Power was love-hate for me. I liked having a post-cap source of progression that isn't just gear, which eventually levels out, especially when you're dealing with pre-raid waits. On the other hand, the period of time where you were grinding to 10% damage increase with not enough of an exponential AK jump to feel like it was smooth meant that it was a horrible experience. Once everything scaled exponentially to 75, it was fine.

-RELICS on the other hand didn't need another level of RNG on top of RNG. Especially when it meant almost all relics are rendered non-tradeable because you always need to preview them.

Overall, the downsides are core, but I'd say that there's a lot of elements that were really good and a huge improvement over the old systems. I'd rate it as a "Good" overall. If they manage to make the War Campaign not rote and driven by mission tables (unlikely, time gates being a thing) and manage to make Islands and Azerite obtaining actually feel compelling with the new AI/procedural systems, they have a pretty good expansion base on their hands for building off of it.
    Last edited by Vakir; 2018-03-01 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinitar View Post
    Voted Neutral because of the following reasoning:
    -Massive multi spec punishment: It felt horrible to play multiple specs this expansion. You had a nerfed Artifact weapon, a general lack of legendaries, and were constantly afraid of swapping specs for fear of accidentally getting a legendary for the wrong spec. The biggest bullshit of the expansion for me.
    I didn't write it in my post but this is probably the biggest issue I had the whole xpac. Wanting to play another spec but feeling entitled to your "main spec" because of AP. Then you start leveling the AP for that spec and feel like playing your third spec halfway through which is a few days later. Start over again, was such a pain and this happened every patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)