Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    C'mon now, it would have at least gotten a D in second grade for getting 9 out of 10 proper capitalization.
    Hmm. You got me there.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    This game is destined to flop harder than any post wrath expansion in existence. Keep in mind I am not “flaming” the game. I’m doing a simple analysis.

-Recyled “new” races
    -Lack of a supportive lore
    -Recylced factions
    -Poor quality cinematic
    -Poor preparation during expansion announcement
    -Using classic servers (which is a different flop story) to hide the poor quality of the game and blind potential quitters from quitting.
    -Using classic servers as a “carrot on a stick”
    -Lack of pre-expansion lore build up
    -overpriced pre purchase
    -No real improvements to gameplay
    This is hardly an analysis, its more subjective criticism.

Why even start this thread if you dont have anything to support your criticism. Its just a summary of what you think is going to happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trajandreps View Post
    He's not wrong tho, we're in for a very sad expansion.
    Well... at least you're not pretending this is an analysis
    Seriously guys NOONE in the whole world might fucking know how good or bad BfA will be. Nobody.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    op is 100% right and deep down i think we all know this.
    ffs.. absolutely not..

These bullet points do not pass for critical analysis.. The whole bashing of an expansion before you've touched it is.. pathetic, and unfortunately is something we must put up with every expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayiicha View Post
    ffs.. absolutely not..

These bullet points do not pass for critical analysis.. The whole bashing of an expansion before you've touched it is.. pathetic, and unfortunately is something we must put up with every expansion.
    i mean if they put out a bunch of lazy reskinned content on ptr its gonna get bashed dude. people were hyped for legion at this point in time. granted we were in year 2 of hfc and all wished we were dead so would have loved any new expansion at that point. but bfa just looks like trash im sorry that it upsets you but blame blizzard not anyone else

Title: Critical analysis on why BfA will flop

Nice one you fucking mong.

7+ Year Old Account
    Putting the, let's say "simple" analysis of OP aside, the Expansion seems to be kinda poor in comparison to Legion and some expansions in the past.
    At least looking at the discussions people have currently on MMO-Champ regarding this expansion, it revolves mostly around the new races, which are basically some re-textures, not adding new gameplay. It's nothing someone will be excited about for 2 years I guess.

We still have to wait how the new Warfront and Island plundering will look like though.

There's trend I have seen here, whenever people are bored at work they make a shitpost and watch the rage flow during smoke breaks. Don't get so easily riled up, this is a troll post.

Critical yes, analysis no.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    I don't think this would've passed as "critical analysis" even in high school
    I would say that the OP would not have even passed "critical analysis" even in Kindergarten.. Gotta love how the OP knows everything already about BfA and it is still in Alpha.. Was watching a Belluargaming video yesterday and the new Alliance main city hub is still a work in progress with a not of unfinished areas..

Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    I don't think this would've passed as "critical analysis" even in high school
    we did better in kindergarten

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by George Lucas View Post
    This game is destined to flop harder than any post wrath expansion in existence. Keep in mind I am not “flaming” the game. I’m doing a simple analysis.

-Roofs in Stormwind still have the same color
    -The acronym BfA is shorter than WotLK
    -Recycled item slots
    -All work and no play makes George a dull boy
    -Still poor quality names for the folders in the Cache directory
    -Poor preparation before someone sneezed
    -Using classic servers (which is a different flop story) to hide stains on the carpet
    -overpriced garbage
    -I'm bored
    If I could I would give you 1000 thumbs up, you made my day..

While the expansion reeks of filler and saying so will obviously earn you the ire of the blue knight squad on this forum, your post is - at best - circical, certainly not analytical, but that has been pointed out ad nauseum. I'm actually surprised no mod bothered to close this yet, there has not been an actual discussion since the first page.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know this is a troll bait post, but I'm bored at work, so I'll bite.

-Recyled “new” races ----They went for more easily made races to 1 or 2 proper ones. So instead of just getting BELF/Draenei or 1 Panda, we're getting like 6+ new races that shares skeletal framework with existing ones.... I'll take it!

-Lack of a supportive lore ----What makes you say that? Zandalari and Kul'Tiras have tons of lore as well as Azshara and Old Gods.

-Recylced factions ----What does that even meaaaaaaaaaaan?

-Poor quality cinematic ----Huh? It's the best its ever been.

-Poor preparation during expansion announcement ----WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAN?

-Using classic servers (which is a different flop story) to hide the poor quality of the game and blind potential quitters from quitting. ----This was a very well done analysis here. Did you put all of the WoW data into a super computer to get that? Cuz it sure sounds like you did.

-Using classic servers as a “carrot on a stick” ----You mean a business wants to keep their subs and money flow rolling? THE SHOCK!

-Lack of pre-expansion lore build up ----Expansion is literally 6+ months away and they already gave us 4 new allied race, a bunch of Silithid pre-quests, and a BG.... That's WAAAY more than any other expansion ever gave us, and we haven't even gotten to 8.0 yet which will prob be coming out in July or August.

-overpriced pre purchase ---Same as Legion.

-No real improvements to gameplay ---Have you seen the new features coming out? There are many new gameplay and improvements. Also, expansion still in Alpha.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    This bait troll post got 8 pages? Wow.

-Recyled “new” races
    -Recylced factions
    -Poor quality cinematic
    -Using classic servers (which is a different flop story) to hide the poor quality of the game and blind potential quitters from quitting.
    -overpriced pre purchase
    Like less than 100 word analysis from a troll bait but ok.
    Post Wrath had MoP and Legion which were great fun, Cata was eh ok, WoD I can't defend.

- The New Races are not new races. They weren't designed to be yet. You have 6 allied races, sub races basically. The only MAYBE new race we get is Vulpira and that's a reskin of the Goblin or Gnome model I believe.
    - Supportive Lore??? It's alpha.
    - Recycled Factions? We are going to Kul Tiras and Zandalar and befriending them and races like Vulpira and I don't recall already having done that
    - I absolutely loved the Cinematic Trailer (if you are refering to the Battle for Lordaeron (Undercity)) it was hype and fun looking. Humans vs Orcs at the end lets go
    - Don't even see a problem
    - No Blizz is releasing Classic Servers because people have been BEGGING blizzard for years about it
    - No Blizz is releasing Classic Servers because people have been BEGGING blizzard for years about it
    - Legion was just another Legion invasion but then we got titans. Seriously dude let it play out
    - I am pretty sure it was the same price for pre-purchase cause they have all been $60 I think
    - New Artifact, Warfronts, Island content that changes and adapts with different AI that play like people (Used in Warfronts too).

I think the fact that topics like these exist in frequency before things are even out of beta is proof you cant trust negative analysis AT ALL

If yall actually wanted your criticism to fly you might critiq like a normal person but throwing out this much negativity so quickly shows that yall just WANT to dislike it and get some sort of gratification out of 'proving' you were right.

which means your opinions are completely worthless.

have some self respect. If you want us to listen to you, dont do this
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

10+ Year Old Account

-Recyled “new” races
    -Recylced factions
    -Poor quality cinematic
    -overpriced pre purchase
    It's official. dumbest BfA post I have seen. At all.

-Recyled “new” races
    Relevant lore races, or in this case "sub-races" who were only recently discovered.. And bringing them into your Factions is NOT recycled.

Have you EVER read ANY Lore. We have the blood moon coming (Hakkar), the Nightmare is spreading (return of Nzoth), we have the stirring of Azeroth herself and the fall of the Titans JUST before all of this... there is NOTHING BUT supporting lore.

-Poor quality cinematic
    I got nothing. The cinematic is without question one of their best works. I think Legion, and maybe MoP compare. But probably not beat.

Using classic servers
    This response covers both of your uses for classic servers: CLASSIC IS NOT TIED TO EXPACK! Strawman argument.

overpriced pre purchase
    Triple-A title, providing content before actual release.. Multiple patch cycles implementing new systems that are NOT requiring the expack to actually use. Pretty sure everyone, in some form or another, is getting bang for their buck.

So again.. I re-iterate. Dumbest BfA post I have seen to date.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Runstarr View Post
    I bought a ticket too and I don't want my money back, I watch it since 2010, i think it was awesome.
    I respect your opinion, but how in the world can those "panels" of last Blizzcon hold up to what they did in 2009/2010. I mean, there was hardly any information given on these panels. Maybe you just have very low expectations. That's ok, too, I guess.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lmao OP getting slaughtered, as expected.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore