Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    to effectively do pvp , one should know all the classes which is a pain . i started with legion , when i was deciding between pvp and pve , i learned about a section of "good for nothing people" who only like to gank low level players. So combination of "to learn all classes" + bunch of low life(who only ganks low level player) i decided to not pvp ever.

Tone down damage, than nerf healers. Dps shouldnt be doing more than 10% of someones hp even with the heaviest hitting abilities. The same goes for healers healing people back up but less. Maybe no more than 5-8%. Right now healers are broken and decide most games in all aspects of pvp combat. Which is both stupid and shouldn’t be the case. Instead make healers play the support role of keeping people up and alive but rely on teammates to peel and keep them alive. Side note, mana should matter again and a dps should be able to solo kill a healer after a min or two of 100% uptime, sooner if the dps plays well and the healer goofs.
    Tanks and heals should do very low to almost no damage, but can kill a poorly played dps overtime. Also tanks should take alot less damage than dps and heals and provide a nice little support in things like rbgs or wpvp
    Remove some stuns and make it a niche cc.
    Would prefer if templates are gone but I dont mind them. Include them in wpvp and make gear give you a minor advantage outside of instances pvp.
    Melee and ranged are fine atm, the qqers are either bad or not used to melee being on an even playing field (and i do play all the ranged specs atm) that said, warriors need some tuning back on mobility and should have as low or lower up time than a ret. feral needs some mobility clipping too.
    Make hydrid heaing solid but not as effective as healers. But a trade off for damage so they arent gods.

Overall pvp needs slowed down, cc and burst cds are the only things that matter and it is why the casual end is dying of the pvp comunity. People die to fast with no chance to react.
    1v2s should be common if you play right and smart and even a 1v3. More than that and you should at least be ablenyo survive long enough to maybe be able to make a play and live or kill the attackers if you actually play well.

I pvp'd all the time before legion. I don't like templates, honor levels feel more punishing then not having gear used to, and the rng gear rewards are awful not to mention so worthless when a mythic+ gives better ilvl, because that's all that matters now. This is a RPG, and it feels really stupid that I can't go for haste if I want to, or crit, or versa, whatever, I get what they think I should and I can't play how I find fun like I would in the past. Then you have the abundance of CC, Interrupts and gap closers that all melee have now to make kiting a worthless effort, and if you are melee you get cleaved down by aoe without even being targeted, you have demon hunters/warriors able to flag carry across a map in a few seconds (even faster with a priest grip) making any counter play impossible.. just a lot of stupidity this xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Amstrup View Post
    Hate it because of templates. Players who look for upper balance should probably look for another game. I want gear to matter.

But then again, am a old school guy and not like these modern day gamers, i play wow for the rpg element.
    I think the same, I liked the old system better. Also, working for that rating and currency to finally be able to buy those specific pieces of gear that you want was way better than the current dumb RNG we have in Legion.

I love pvp but I think the reason so many players hate it, is the fact that you can only get rewards if you belong to the top 20% (don't quote me on that I don't know the current brackets) of players. In rated pvp you are either one of the best or you are nothing.

The other thing is that if you are not able to find good teammates, you can just as well not participate at all.
    #SOLOQUEUE NOW!

Because I'm a caster, and back in the days when I tried for the first times, PvP was basically some kind of retarded stunlock/silence/silence/stun/fear and whatever. Tried a bit again recently and that's still the case so let's understand it's not really worth it to pay 13€ per month to be able not to play at all, so stick to what WoW is : A PvE game.

Deleted
    Hate healers are impossible to kill with some classes. You can interrupt 1 heal cast and after that, he is full with 2 surges. Bring back mana drain abilities.

Heal should be nerfed like for 50%

You should not be able to overheal more than 1 people attacking you
    Last edited by mmoc2ce944bfe1; 2018-03-01 at 09:17 AM.

You say "pvp" so that means all forms of pvp.

Wpvp: No reward, I need something to motivate me to do it but this applies to everything in wow and not just pvp

random BGs: hit or miss if your team will be shit. Shit team and lose = no fun, Shit team and win = no fun, good team and win/lose = fun

RBGs: All the RBGs I've done were either A) carefully hand picked for success or B) just filling spots to yolo. Both situations are fine because I knew what I was getting myself into.

Arena: No problem with arena really

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    Bring back mana drain abilities.
    Mana burn was fun on my disc priest back in wrath but constantly shapeshifting as a RDruid to avoid mana burn was annoying
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    I find PvP to be too demanding and too complicated. To compete even in Arena skirmishes, I feel like I need addons and binds that I wouldn't otherwise be using in order to allow me to react fast enough and make use of information that is vital to skilled PvP play, but the default UI does not provide, such as warnings when major cooldowns have been used and a tracker for the other team's interrupt cooldowns.

One of the most elementary skill plays is considered fake casting in order to bait a dud interrupt, but without an addon, it would be very hard or impossible to incorporate that into your play. It is also advised to have a separate interrupt and CC bind for every enemy frame so you don't have to manually target that player. Apart from the fact that this is going to be extremely hard to do for people with a basic mouse, there's also no use and no way to practice these extra keybinds outside a 3v3 environment.

Personally, I cannot be arsed to go through all that just so I can have a decent win rate in skirmishes or the lousy under 1k brackets . I'd much rather give up the rewards, and as an avid mount collector getting close to 400 mounts from in-game sources only, I can tell you I have 7 Vicious mounts that I'm simply ignoring, that's how much I dislike PvP. And not just myself, but pretty much all my friends would rather do anything else instead.

PvP also has a few idiosyncrasies I dislike, such as pillar humping, strafing, the aforementioned fake casting, the staple stun into trinket dynamic, etc. These are things you can play around, use to your advantage and be good at, but they are not part of what I would consider enjoyable PvP.
    You used to be able to hear and see interrupt animations without any addons.. with all the clutter introduced over the years though it's not very reliable anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Fjordkeeper View Post
    The other thing is that if you are not able to find good teammates, you can just as well not participate at all.
    #SOLOQUEUE NOW!
    Yeah this is one thing that keeps me out of RBGs mostly
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Deleted
    i dont get it, commenters are dumb / bad players or just trolling?
    "pillar humping" <- yeah, facetanking every spell (hi chaosbolt) is skillful! in other games u can dodge spells by moving too
    "i cant kill a healer 1v1" <- if you could kill a healer with a dps, then no one would play healer
    "too complicated" <- yeah, you should know every class and their weakness if you want to play competitive, like every other game
    "my team has bots, retard, afk-s, etc and the enemy is full of healers!" <- in a 10v10 bg you are one in the 10, so you have 9 randoms and the enemy has 10 randoms, they have higher chance to get an afk, retard, bot. Unless you are the afk, retard, bot.

"class imbalance"
    - there will be no balance in pvp, some setups are better than others vs X, some are weaker, LIKE EVERY OTHER GAME (overwatch, lol etc)

Some players mentioned the solo queue opton, well you will get matched with an afk, a retard, bot, in a bad setup, like every other game BUT you wont be able to switch to another hero to make a better setup. So soloqueue will never be in an rpg.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    I find PvP to be too demanding and too complicated.
    https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/GladiatorlosSA = bae <3

Uses a voice to tell you what the enemy is doing like DBM: "Drinking" "Big heal" etc

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/gladius

for visual CD tracking of enemy abilities

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Owlmygod View Post
    "too complicated" <- yeah, you should know every class and their weakness if you want to play competitive, like every other game
    Unintended perk of playing every class
    My Collection

Deleted
    Many reasons, in no particular order:

- Balanced around arena 3v3
    - Ranked matches (arena, rbg) only available to premade groups
    - Garbage Honor system (same grind with the same recolored rewards)
    - Poor rewarding system in terms of gear
    - Overpowered healers
    - Some classes have way to much mobility / niches

IMO, PvP should only be a test of skill on even ground. With so many classes/specs and other factors such as gear WoW PvP is impossible to balance properly. I prefer real PvP titles, especially FPS or RTS games.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

I don't think there's any saving it. The game is designed for PVE first and PVP will always be an afterthought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I really, really like pvp, but i take issue with two things.
    The rewards feel like a joke. I can derp/afk on Argus, pushing one button and not thinking a single thought and get much better gear than from pvp (870 ilvl lol).
    PvP requires much more skill and coordination, and win is not guaranteed.
    Second thing is - alliance on eu looses most bg's - those about pvp, not pve - and it reflects in statistics (http://wow-stats.com/bgwr01.html). It's so frustrating seeing undergeared people (with draw buff 4+m hp) who think they'll get carried. It's really frustrating - random battlegrounds i mean.

- No useful rewards - Bring back pvp gear
    - Gear makes no difference - bring back pvp gear, either with pvp stats or a la WoD (higher ilvl in pvp)
    - Too much cc - Put everything on the same DR
    - Too much mobility (DH's..., tripple jumping warriors)

As I play HotS I know what the heroes can do and there's no other enhancements to them than their talent-set, making it a battleground I can understand and focus on performing well. In WoW there's gear, a whole lot more abilities, some outside help like engineering gadgets (at least the most apparent ones are disabled for BGs and Arenas), constantly changing classes, and "invisible damage". By the latter I mean damage which origin I can't easily tell or may not even notice at all. In HotS when you're suffering a dot you can tell that's the case from your life bar; what's going on is easier to tell, where as WoW is chaotic. So with the limited time I have to spend on games I choose something entirely else for my PvP amusement than WoW, mainly HotS.

That being said, I'm intrigued by BGs. They seem like fun if I could git gud in that environment. Their lore-relation interests me as well, like Gilneas continuing to be fought over rather than entirely abandoned. Why are there high society ogre ruins west of Silithus?
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

15+ Year Old Account
    I dislike pvp to begin with. WoW pvp has never been very good. It's too fast, too much cc, too complicated with all the drs and stuff. Not enjoyable for me.

Deleted
    WoW's engine does not support interesting PvP gameplay. Because all of the spells hit automatically you've already removed much of what really differentiate skilled players in other PvP games. However even moba's have many abilities which hit automatically, but because of its strategic and group play, where the long term goal isn't to simply kill your enemy but to destroy their base, even that is way more skillful and fun.

In order to "fix" wow pvp you would have to redesign the entire game, attacks and spells would require aiming, you wouldn't be able to move through other people (at least not enemies) so blocking becomes a thing, the goal would have to be more than just last man standing (arenas), healing would have to be nerfed to the ground and more roles than just dps would have to be added (like control, ganker, support etc).

Warcraft PvP done like this could probably be really interesting and entertaining, but it will never happen unless Blizzard creates it as its own stand-alone game separate from WoW.