Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    So much bitching about Black Panther on this forum. I thought people said they were fine with diversity as long as it made sense.
    That's the rub.

They want Diverseity to be somewhere out of sight and out of mind so they add a "Well it's fine IF-"

Which Black Panther is brazenly a Black Positive movie with barely any white roles so of course most people would take umbrage despite the reverse being the norm for nearly as long as the industry has been a thing.

That films are stupid and shallow, and corporations ar interested in getting more profit from blacks and women, so we are gona see a lot of low iq films parasiting on a sence of inferiority, that are going to cover the whole media space.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    The part in bold makes absolutely no sense. The majority of men who run in to stop an active shooter are right wing. The majority of the military is right wing. Every christian community I know about has a soup kitchen or food closet they they use to feed the poor, and the majority of them are right wing.

You need to get out of your bubble if all you know are leftists and think being right-wing means abusing others for personal gain.

Superheros tend to lean left, because artists and writers tend to be left-wing, not because helping people is a left-wing thing.
    Your examples suck, there are barely any documented cases of good guys with guns, and soldiers are hardly there to help others, their job is to kill people not to save them. And yeah some churches do good charity work, but that's largely a massive scam to try and lure in potential converts, you wouldn't give pedophiles credit for giving free candy to children, would you?

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Your examples suck, there are barely any documented cases of good guys with guns, and soldiers are hardly there to help others, their job is to kill people not to save them. And yeah some churches do good charity work, but that's largely a massive scam to try and lure in potential converts, you wouldn't give pedophiles credit for giving free candy to children, would you?
    Jesus Christ... what is wrong with your brain? Hyperbole all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    Jesus Christ... what is wrong with your brain? Hyperbole all the way.
    I guess there's nothing stopping anyone from writing comics about literal Nazi supermen defending European culture against the refugee hordes, but I'm guessing those wouldn't really go over that well with audiences.

People will like movies if they are good and race/gender of actors does not matter to them. Only people who care about this are SJW (who ironically are very often racist and support racial segregation) and they dont even watch movies. Same with video games. Literally only people getting mad over Kingdom Come having only white people in it dont even play vidya games.

I guess there's nothing stopping anyone from writing comics about literal Nazi supermen defending European culture against the refugee hordes, but I'm guessing those wouldn't really go over that well with audiences.
    Lol, you don't need a super hero for that, it's living person. Victor Orban XDXD hue hue hue
    And it goes very well with the people here. His party will win the election again with a landslide.

Deleted
    When MSM get bored of preemptively praising diverse movies the box office will sink to the bottom and theaters will no longer ask for "more diversity"

Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    People will like movies if they are good and race/gender of actors does not matter to them. Only people who care about this are SJW (who ironically are very often racist and support racial segregation) and they dont even watch movies. Same with video games. Literally only people getting mad over Kingdom Come having only white people in it dont even play vidya games.
    That whole thing was retarded... it was one random blog. Also... the game is set in period before the black slave trades.
    In this time there was white (slavic) slave trade, which no-one cares to research cause that doesn't support the narrative.

That whole thing was retarded... it was one random blog. Also... the game is set in period before the black slave trades.
    In this time there was white (slavic) slave trade, which no-one cares to research cause that doesn't support the narrative.
    Yup.

So it's okay for one form of slavery to exist, because another also existed? Thus my bold.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Yup.

So it's okay for one form of slavery to exist, because another also existed? Thus my bold.
    I think you misunderstood... I was referring to the blog that criticized the game Kingdom Come Deliverance for having no black people.
    The game is set in 1403, while:
    1441: Start of European slave trading in Africa. The Portuguese captains Antão Gonçalves and Nuno Tristão capture 12 Africans in Cabo Branco (modern Mauritania) and take them to Portugal as slaves.
    Source: http://www.brycchancarey.com/slavery/chrono2.htm
    Last edited by Raqubor; 2018-03-01 at 10:36 AM.

I think you misunderstood... I was referring to the blog that criticized the game Kingdom Come Deliverance for having no black people.
    The game is set in 1403, while:
    1441: Start of European slave trading in Africa. The Portuguese captains Antão Gonçalves and Nuno Tristão capture 12 Africans in Cabo Branco (modern Mauritania) and take them to Portugal as slaves.
    Source: http://www.brycchancarey.com/slavery/chrono2.htm
    Ahh, sorry. I skipped about a day in this thread.

To be fair, I've researched my ancestry, and my Scandinavian ancestors started writing around the time of Slavic slavery. And my ancestors were part of it. Sorry.

To go further, it's ridiculous to blame me today for what my ancestors did 1000 years ago.

To go furtherer (that's a word now), it's ridiculous to even have the discussion in this thread. Within a genre that's dominated by white men, suddenly it's racist to put a couple movies in that genre that feature a black man and a woman?

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    To go furtherer (that's a word now), it's ridiculous to even have the discussion in this thread. Within a genre that's dominated by white men, suddenly it's racist to put a couple movies in that genre that feature a black man and a woman?
    Some people really have their panties in a bunch over these race things.
    I think both movies were good.

Wonder Woman, was kick ass, and Black Panther had great scenery and costumes.
    Both movies had weaknesses, although I think WW's only big problem was dad god, aka Flanders Ares... that mustache ruined it.
    Black Panther... some characters were written badly and most of the story was BS (already explained in another thread).

Diversity is fine, if it fits, if it's organic. Forceful diversity can break stories, ruin immersion, and just be simply pandering.
    If someone makes a historical movie about the struggles of the African tribes fighting for territory (hunting grounds, water supplies), like showing a hunt, nice action scenes with spear fighting, some politics around the fire, love triangle... if you see a random white dude... wouldn't that be stupid?

Diversity is fine, if it fits, if it's organic. Forceful diversity can break stories, ruin immersion, and just be simply pandering.
    If someone makes a historical movie about the struggles of the African tribes fighting for territory (hunting grounds, water supplies), like showing a hunt, nice action scenes with spear fighting, some politics around the fire, love triangle... if you see a random white dude... wouldn't that be stupid?
    Right, and I'm with you. The twist with the initial villain in Black Panther was like, omg. But what was with the random white CIA dude? Why? He was not necessary.

Anyway, the first hit for "diverse" is, "showing a great deal of variety; very different."

It has nothing to do with race or gender by that definition.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Already been done.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    itt: white males threatened by people asking that just a few movies within the tens of thousands that have ever been made show some diversity.
    That's so disingenuous, it's laughable. Most people don't have a problem natural diversity (not forced to meet some quota, BTW). It's an issue once shitty identity politics are blatantly thrown into the conversation, or even worse, the move itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Is anyone forcing you to read these articles? No?

Suck it up, buttercup.
    Is anyone forcing you to go see movies with white casts? No?

Suck it up, buttercup.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I use google chrome and am pretty much always on the internet If I’m not working or tending to a pet I have never once seen a artical from vox buzzfeed or any thing else relating to pushing minority’s . I’ve only ever see thoses sites mentioned from anti sjw videos which I won’t lie I enjoy and look for. What ever your doing to find them is on you.
    I use Firefox, and whenever you open a new tab they have sites they recommend. Some of it is by browsing history and algorithm I'm sure, but apart from clicking on occasional links from SJW rags from these forums, I should not have anywhere near the amount of SJW nonsense being recommended.

My Android phone has a similar problem. When you swipe right on the main screen, it takes you to appointments, weather, and top stories, etc. Lot of that is filled with gaming news based on my browsing, but almost always I'll have an SJW flavored article as well (which I don't click because algorithms).

If anything, I should have more anti-SJW articles, but those are suspiciously absent. Wonder why....

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparklelord View Post
    But RDJ already did black face

Different time, and its a comedy movie. I don't think its even repeatable anymore no matter what genre, let alone a super hero movie based on a comic book character that is black, not black face, black.

Deleted
    Wasn't Black Panther that movie where the Villain appropriated the suffering of african slaves for himself to justify his agenda while he himself comes from a privileged Wakandan Family that got their wealth and power on the basis of being born in a aristocratic family in an absolute monarchy? Basically like if the descendants of some european kings would run around and portray themselves as victims of slavery?

I found this very problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Irrelevant to what?
    People move to cities because living in cities entails easier to access scarce resources required for "a good life." In the contemporary context, this usually means employment. Nationalist sentiment develops when the perception that too many people are chasing after too few scarce resources prevails. Imperialism thrives when national rivalries over scarce resources harden. The presence of a peacefully interventionist Wakanda models a world in which resource scarcity is far less of a problem, and thus the need to navigate it using migration, nationalism, and imperialism diminishes.

To put it more generally, the entire superhero genre is reaction to institutional failure. Humans build tools to solve problems that cannot otherwise be solved with their natural faculties, and institutions are nothing more than social tools. They're the things we build to do things we can't do on our own. Schools. Governments. Police departments. Armies. Etc. But, as with physical tools, institutions also fall into decay, disrepair, and disuse. The superhero, as a cultural product, is built on the fantasy that when institutional failure develops, someone using only their natural faculties can set things right again.

In Black Panther, Wakanda is the institution and isolationism is its failure. It's the rot, as personified by Killmonger, that not only nearly consumes it, but pervert it into the very thing it was meant to guard against; imperial violence. Nakia, WHO FIRST APPEARS IN THE MOVIE LITERALLY SAVING REFUGEES FROM AN UNNAMED STAND-IN FOR BOKO HARAM (this is a movie for kids, they are not trying to be subtle about these things) represents, along with Shuri, the opposing pole to that isolationism and cult-traditionalism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Wasn't Black Panther that movie where the Villain appropriated the suffering of african slaves for himself to justify his agenda while he himself comes from a privileged Wakandan Family that got their wealth and power on the basis of being born in a aristocratic family in an absolute monarchy? Basically like if the descendants of some european kings would run around and portray themselves as victims of slavery?

I found this very problematic.
    if the entire plot of black panther and characters was the exact same, but they were all white instead of black, you'd have people bitching about white supremacy and patriarchy and shit.
    #boycottchina