Poll: What Bold Direction Would You Like to see WoW Be Taken In?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    That's not the thought that comes into my mind when i hear WoW 2, I just imagine current WoW but with a much newer engine, Better graphics, some tweaks to gameplay etc, But not too much change on the overall look of the interface etc.
    I'd imagine if they ever did WoW2 it'd be smartest if it took place years after the end of WoW. New story, new characters, new zones and even possibly a new world to live in (if Azeroth becomes corrupted etc). I'd believe some of the current characters would still be there but mostly, there'd be new characters. Interface would probably look similar to what we have now and then other WoW-stuff so it doesn't feel too different. Even the zones could have the cartoonish feeling but mostly look much better and unique.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    WoW has been underwhelming for ME a while now in general. Not just end game bosses.
    fixed your flaw AGAIN. you are welcume

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sagape View Post
    I totally agree with this. if they tell me that i'll have to leave behind my ashes of alar, invincible, astral cloud serpent, big love rocket, mini tyrael, murky and a lot of other things no thank you I'd rather leave the game forever, but if i can take them with me then I'd be open to listen about wow 2.
    What if they didn't but let you take(at least cosmetic) tier sets and achievement relkated items(and things like mounts abd ce/rare pets) with you?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WiggleTillFriday View Post
    There will be World of Warcraft 2, when is the question. You all know deep down there is way too much money to be made on this franchise to not be.
    I think that one of the major problems for a WoW2 is that this "new Blizzard" (i.e. an Activision's subsidiary) has notoriously struggled with the new installments for its other two big franchises: Diablo and Starcraft. D2 was a big success, D3 is a dead game. SC1 was an ever bigger success, while SC2 is on life support. Which is a shame, I actually think it's a damn good game, unlike D3.

Now, imagine how nervous will the bigwigs at Blizzard become if someone ever proposes a new installment for WC/WoW...

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I think that one of the major problems for a WoW2 is that this "new Blizzard" (i.e. an Activision's subsidiary) has notoriously struggled with the new installments for its other two big franchises: Diablo and Starcraft. D2 was a big success, D3 is a dead game. SC1 was an ever bigger success, while SC2 is on life support. Which is a shame, I actually think it's a damn good game, unlike D3.

Now, imagine how nervous will the bigwigs at Blizzard become if someone ever proposes a new installment for WC/WoW...
    D3 sold more than 30 million units to date. That's a huge success even if the game is rather lukewarm right now.

WoW 2 has no sense. Unless they completely change the game mechanics thus making it a completely different game.

If it’s basically a “graphics look outdated” issue they could revamp everything in no time, even today every xpac looks slightly better than the previous (also notice than one of the game goals was to make it playable with satisfaction even without a ninja PC so we’ll much likely never see a Crysis type engine).

If people who are hoping for a WoW2 are not thinking about graphics update, please explain what you would like to see in WoW2 that cannot be done in the actual WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    What if they didn't but let you take(at least cosmetic) tier sets and achievement relkated items(and things like mounts abd ce/rare pets) with you?
    I'm not picky, if they let me take certain amount of pets, mounts, and probably toys but the later one is not mandatory. Lets say 10% of each, giving me the chance to choose which ones of each category. Then I'd be glad to move to a wow 2 with new graphic engine.
    PS The cosmetic tier set would be a bonus, but I wouldn't do a tantrum if it's not included.

The problem facing wow is the problem facing most MMOs in their current format.
    Most MMOs are not sandboxes they are theme parks, hence they have very little player agency in game.
    What happens in game is purely determined by the developers not the players.

In theory MMOs didn't have to be like this but the business model of development and profit from expansions drives the current practice.
    They need to generate new content separate from old content in order to drive sales. They cant just release new content for current players with subscriptions.
    And since each expansion has to follow an expansion they gate the content behind various schemes like leveling difficulty and gear progression.
    This is fine when the game is new and you have an entire new planet or planets to discover and plenty of dungeons but as time goes on things get stale.

So the question becomes how much do they want to change the current model which generates the profits?

For me a future WOW would touch on the following things:

1) Changes to classes to allow more freedom in customization talents and abilities which are all viable
    2) World wide zone quest scaling meaning any player can quest in any zone regardless of level
    3) However, with scaling mobs should still have variable HP and AP so they don't all seem like ez-kill mobs that just take longer.
    Some should actually be more deadly and harder to kill even with scaling and without being elite.
    4) World bosses which are more than the standard x levels above player level which stay on the server until dead as a one time epic kill.
    5) In game PVP with siege tanks and units similar to the RTS.
    6) Less rigid quests, dungeons raids formula for an expansion. Raids not always ending in victory. More variation in the mix. Less rigid expansion schedule formula.
    7) Lore wise and story wise a time skip is required to rebuild and refresh the populations of the world.
    8) New types of factions outside of simply horde/alliance. Add new playable hostile factions, like pirate factions available to any race. Add more Neutral factions.

And more generally:
    Currently there are so few populations left as a result of everything that has happened that no new major disasters can really happen.
    Without major destructive events there cannot be any real tension or any real threat in the game of any lasting nature more than an expansion.
    IE, you can't have a new Lich King type villain because there aren't enough living populations to turn undead.
    New bad guys cant really pop up and destroy stuff because there isn't much left in game to destroy.
    Having multiple large towns in game and populated as in multiple new gnomish towns, new elven towns and new neutral towns would increase the potential for new lore.
    You will never see such a "rebirth" of large new population centers on Azeroth following the current model as it would require a revamp to the old world.
    And any revamps of the old world turn out to be clunky and awkward since it involves phasing and so forth so that players aren't "inconvenienced".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veldoranz View Post
    - Re-designed UI with more custom options
    wtf? wow has the most customable ui there is!
    - Fix all old raid bosses that are unsoloable to be soloed
    git gud? there is none u cant solo
    - Account wide reputations and gold, - Account-wide bank - Level squish - Removed legendary transmog restrictions
    thank god these will never come!
    Last edited by mmoc25fb373f9a; 2018-03-01 at 09:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    wtf? wow has the most customable ui there is!
    git gud? there is none u cant solo

thank god these will never come!
    Outside of mods wows ui is very limited.m see ffxiv for a VERY customizable one

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Outside of mods wows ui is very limited.m see ffxiv for a VERY customizable one
    you clearly dont understand "customizable".... wows ui is the most customizable with mods there is

The talent system could use a change inspired by the Soul of the <title> rings from Legion. Using the BfA talent calculator as an example...

Searing Assault + Hailstorm (Enhancement Shaman)
    Concentrated Sigils + Quickened Sigils (Vengeance Demon Hunter)
    Dire Stable + One with the Pack (BM Hunter)
    Demon Skin + Burning Rush (all Warlock specs)

Also bring back bonuses from old tier sets and somehow integrate them into each class and spec. The possibilities would be fantastic.

Those mechanics could possibly be tied into a "final" expansion, where Azeroth is waking up and has blessed us with more of her power to fight against, I dunno, the void Lords maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    you clearly dont understand "customizable".... wows ui is the most customizable with mods there is
    I said WITHOUT mods with it is insanely customeizable but without it is low mid tier at best