Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    Therefore I hate them, and love them, but mostly hate them.
    Fuuuu ...ck.. Is that where I got my passive-aggressive attitude?

Because, mostly I'll tell people I love them, but I hate them, but no, I love you, but I really hate you. No really, I will stab you if you're here in 15 seconds. But if you come back a few minutes later, you'll get a hug.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    you can add Switzerland
    Yeah imo the Swiss are most welcome. How about Austria ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    Man it is never that you take from the state what you have put in - because then whole system would be pointless and obsolete. You either pay for others' expenses or others' pay for your expenses and that payment is forced so either you pay state robbers to extort money from people or you are being extorted.

Stadiums, concert halls and stuff can be easily funded by private investors to make profit out of them not to host some artists that actually the government likes.

I'd rather like if nobody took my hard earned money from me and I would never want to take others' money to pay for my living. If I would be in dire need then it's my responsibility to cover that situation - either by having friends and family or paying private insurances not the state which will put me in prison if I don't want to pay for some junkies social welfare.
    Yeah well - I'll see you when you need medical attention that requires 100.000 per procedure and you for some reason require multiple. And let's say that you could handle that right? You are cured (cancer for example). You might have gotten loans from banks/family/friends to cover for it. You are in the clear! Then your partner gets cancer or another serious illness... Yeah tough luck then right atleast for your partner... because you were the first and then there was money.

You think that the government is involve in what artist can come to a stadium? They pay for the stadium. But the stadium itself can be rented by several groups that are from the private sector. You think the government cares what happens when it is rented? You are comparing some stalinistic system vs how it is in the western european world.

I can only guess that you come from the USA. Where there are no roads anymore only potholes (except Washington), the healthcare is only payable due to Obamacare (but even that is not a perfect system due to the republicans) and now Trumps even wants to shut that down, so it becomes unpayable again. Entire house blocks through out the country are nearing the status of a slum. Where guns are being held by any idiot "because it is their right". Where no one wants to pay taxes but only the middle class and lower class pay. The rich and the great corporations pay next to nothing. Where the news no longer brings news but a deliberate distorted view of the truth to further their own (or their own party) goals.

And this is just the tip of the iceberg buddy. I love the USA for what it does policing the world to some extent. I am forever grateful for their involvement in WWII. But you got a country where the government officials are no longer looking out for its citizens. And this has been for years. And whenever someone like Obama or Sanders comes in and tries to change it, they get stopped. And the "masses" in the US just let it happen. It is insanity.
    Last edited by Vaelorian; 2018-03-01 at 01:07 PM.

Deleted
    Why would anyone be envious of a country that has gone far beyond full retard? Jesus is not even allowed to be male. Europe is laughing at Sweden.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man it is never that you take from the state what you have put in - because then whole system would be pointless and obsolete. You either pay for others' expenses or others' pay for your expenses and that payment is forced so either you pay state robbers to extort money from people or you are being extorted.

Stadiums, concert halls and stuff can be easily funded by private investors to make profit out of them not to host some artists that actually the government likes.

I'd rather like if nobody took my hard earned money from me and I would never want to take others' money to pay for my living. If I would be in dire need then it's my responsibility to cover that situation - either by having friends and family or paying private insurances not the state which will put me in prison if I don't want to pay for some junkies social welfare.
    This statement right in bold, would mean you wouldn't be able to live. Your taxes cover and IS needed to cover so many points of topics that you are in touch with every day. It wouldn't be healthy for the social welfare for everyone to just be paying their own shit and just be that. I am sorry but for a country to operate, you need to be a bit wider than just 'me me me'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    they aren't America so by default, no.
    Sorry, America has some lovely places and the wife and I are thinking of visiting, but there is no jealousy of the country.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Why would anyone be jealous of a country who has a city or town which is purportedly the place to go to be violated (against one's free will)?

I visited Sweden over the summer and I loved it, really if I could move anywhere on the planet I'd move to either norway or sweden.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Judgedredd View Post
    Why would anyone be jealous of a country who has a city or town which is purportedly the place to go to be violated (against one's free will)?
    Which city is that? Genuinely curious.

Prussia started with a similar number and beat 4 countries, and became Germany.

Maybe Marcus Aurelius was right in that nothing happens to those who are not befitted by nature to bear.

Didn't Rome start out as just one city?
    Sweden tried to do this during the 17th century, and were considered a Great Power for about 100 years. How did they do this? By having the most modern, best military in the world. The Swedish Empire controlled Finland and parts of modern Latvia/Estonia/Lithuania, aswell as having territory in northern Germany.

Sweden was highly innovate, super militarized and very aggressive before Prussia made it cool. If anything, 18th century Prussia was just a carbon-copy of 17th century Sweden. Prussia however, didn't border Russia, and that was Swedens downfall. Despite beating Russia, Poland/Lithuania and Denmark at the same time in the Great Northern War in the early 18th century, Sweden had a really small population, about 1mill, while Russia had about 20mill at the same time. This basically meant that once Sweden lost a single decisive battle, they had lost the war, while Russia could afford to simply raise new armies.
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2018-03-01 at 04:16 PM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Why would anyone be envious of a country that has gone far beyond full retard? Jesus is not even allowed to be male. Europe is laughing at Sweden.
    this. Im 100% certain that Sweden is the ethno-state masquerading as a multicultural utopia that as a result of the ensuing insanity will swing so far to other side of the political pendulum one day, it will make SS Wiking cmdr Oberführer Karl Ullrich look like a weak willed sell out by comparison.

The bloodletting will be legendary. Stay tuned.

This is the cancer of Europe: entire continent of people with literally no capacity for moderation. Everything is 10/10 intensity. Maybe that's why US guilds never world first raids and maybe that is a good thing.

Here in The Netherlands I rarely hear anything from Scandinavian countries in mainstream news. I have little to no idea what's going on there so I can't judge. Anyway I'm happy where I am. Not interested in a generally colder climate. All the hot blondes are nice though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    When I think "successful countries" I always have the nordics in mind.

These are countries that nail pretty much everything as they rank the highest on all happiness related metrics.

I don't understand why there is such a push from weirdos to demonize that country as the apex of decadence and criminality. It's really not.

Now the type of people saying these we got em too in France but they're a tinyyyy tiny minority most people hold Sweden in high opinion aswell but if you go to mmo champ half the posters (who couldn't even locate it on a map) will tell you it's just a crime filled s hole. Those usually come from places with a dog eat dog mentality where social services/healthcare aren't free and people prefer to strip their peers from their benefits rather than work up the courage demand social justice.

Hang in there swedes, the world loves you
    Not so subtle nation bashing... I can see why you're banned.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Sweden tried to do this during the 17th century, and were considered a Great Power for about 100 years. How did they do this? By having the most modern, best military in the world. The Swedish Empire controlled Finland and parts of modern Latvia/Estonia/Lithuania, aswell as having territory in northern Germany.

Sweden was highly innovate, super militarized and very aggressive before Prussia made it cool. If anything, 18th century Prussia was just a carbon-copy of 17th century Sweden. Prussia however, didn't border Russia, and that was Swedens downfall. Despite beating Russia, Poland/Lithuania and Denmark at the same time in the Great Northern War in the early 18th century, Sweden had a really small population, about 1mill, while Russia had about 20mill at the same time. This basically meant that once Sweden lost a single decisive battle, they had lost the war, while Russia could afford to simply raise new armies.
    The most modern best military got beaten by the backwards ass barbarians the Russians?

Not such a modern best military after all. All comes down to mindset at the end of the day. Must have no resolve if give up after one battle.

Its like that Dothraki guy in GoT says to Tyrion, your people can't fight. The Russians do anything to win on the other hand.

The most modern best military got beaten by the backwards ass barbarians the Russians?

Not such a modern best military after all. All comes down to mindset at the end of the day. Must have no resolve if give up after one battle.

Its like that Dothraki guy in GoT says to Tyrion, your people can't fight. The Russians do anything to win on the other hand.
    Did you even read what he wrote?
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Not sure if trolling or just retarded. Do some research about the Great Northern War. This is basic European history.

They lost to the Russians, while being outnumbered 1 to 4, out of supplies, deep in scorched enemy territory, by a Russia that had been westernizing and modernizing its military for 10 years, 10 years in which Sweden was busy fighting (and winning) in Poland. Ever heard of Peter the Great? He wasn't called "the great" just for fun, but he came quite close to being the one who doomed Russia, as opposed to being the one who made it a massive Great Power.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Not sure if trolling or just retarded. Do some research about the Great Northern War. This is basic European history.

They lost to the Russians, while being outnumbered 1 to 4, out of supplies, deep in scorched enemy territory, by a Russia that had been westernizing and modernizing its military for 10 years, 10 years in which Sweden was busy fighting (and winning) in Poland. Ever heard of Peter the Great? He wasn't called "the great" just for fun, but he came quite close to being the one who doomed Russia, as opposed to being the one who made it a massive Great Power.
    Poltavvaaaaa!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    When I think "successful countries" I always have the nordics in mind.

These are countries that nail pretty much everything as they rank the highest on all happiness related metrics.

I don't understand why there is such a push from weirdos to demonize that country as the apex of decadence and criminality. It's really not.

Now the type of people saying these we got em too in France but they're a tinyyyy tiny minority most people hold Sweden in high opinion aswell but if you go to mmo champ half the posters (who couldn't even locate it on a map) will tell you it's just a crime filled s hole. Those usually come from places with a dog eat dog mentality where social services/healthcare aren't free and people prefer to strip their peers from their benefits rather than work up the courage demand social justice.

Hang in there swedes, the world loves you
    When I think "successful countries" I always have Luxembourg, Switzerland, Australia, etc.
    Northern European countries aren't the only successful ones in the world or the standard everyone should be held up to, which by the way is different depending on what individuals value more (economic prospects, education, social structure, culture, etc.).

I don't think MMO posters hate Sweden for example, they just strongly disagree with certain aspects of the culture, mentality and political decisions associated with it in the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    This statement right in bold, would mean you wouldn't be able to live. Your taxes cover and IS needed to cover so many points of topics that you are in touch with every day. It wouldn't be healthy for the social welfare for everyone to just be paying their own shit and just be that. I am sorry but for a country to operate, you need to be a bit wider than just 'me me me'.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, America has some lovely places and the wife and I are thinking of visiting, but there is no jealousy of the country.
    I'm not all me me me and I'm into bottom to top groups which voluntarily organise into quasi tribal societes to help each other which people would create if all responsibilites were not transferred to the state.
    I just don't give a single damn ef about people I will never see, never meet and never possibly could even care about because it is impossible to really care about more than about a 100 people tops and I refuse to support lazy, dumb and irresponsible people.
    S.H.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not all me me me and I'm into bottom to top groups which voluntarily organise into quasi tribal societes to help each other which people would create if all responsibilites were not transferred to the state.
    I just don't give a single damn ef about people I will never see, never meet and never possibly could even care about because it is impossible to really care about more than about a 100 people tops and I refuse to support lazy, dumb and irresponsible people.
    Then you are all 'me me me', if you believe that all people who receive help are 'lazy', 'dumb' or 'irresponsible'. So, we shouldn't bother if you lie bleeding out after an assault for you aren't in the right ranking, you didn't pay taxes or special fees for extra help?

Sorry but the reason we are in need to have it follow over a unified system is because the human creations that we are aren't capable of managing it in separate setups. You don't need to have to know everyone, just know that everyone and yourself is the reason you have power, the reason you have water, the reason you have roads, medical assistance when needed and security. The list goes on.

I have a hard time believing a country can operate on zero tax, hard time to believe even 10%, hard time to believe even 20% for there is so much responsibility in the system nowadays. Heck, even your education has by safe bet, benefited from taxes paid by others. Your statement would basically be where everyone is to fend for themselves, and if they cannot afford so, they'll die in a ditch.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    It's quite an awesome country.

I just love how it's the main target of the entire far right worldwide, they are so convinced of their image of Sweden. It's hilarious to hear them argue it, or it would be if they weren't so serious about it.
    if it was as terrible as most of those idiots try to portray it there wouldn't be a massive influx of people trying to get there... nobody wants to relocate from one "shithole" to another.

Deleted
    When a troll sinks so low his bait becomes a bobber.