Thread: Gold Inflation

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    You don't seem to understand, or maybe you're playing retard. I was level 20 on a new character on a server and I needed a cheap item that was severely overpriced. There is no "tool" that I can use to solve that problem.

And whoever was fucking the market on the Goblin Glider Kit was not doing it just for that item alone. And yes, you can't do that without TSM and/or Auctioneer, it's one thing to undercut everything with one click and another thing to do it auction by auction. You can't post 200 auctions manually while undercutting the whole server

So stop talking like an idiot about tools, the problem is that a 5g item is 300g just because Blizzard allows massive automation of the AH. It's like you wanting to buy bread, just to find out it's 300 dollars. Then a stupid motherfucker says "why don't you make your own bread?". "BECAUSE THE IDEA IS NOT THAT EVERYONE SHOULD PRODUCE EVERYTHING"
    There's definitely a tool. TSM lists crafting costs in the ui.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Okey, fine, it's no gold sink. My point was that people say they have too much gold, while I say there is always something to buy.
    Not really though. For some, the swift Zulian tiger is a huge item. For me, I don't feel like I need it. I have Invincible, the Rag 25h Firebird, the Spider, spectral tiger, M Gul'dan mount, etc. I always valued the spectral tiger over the zulian tigee, I've even passed on the Zulian tiger to my friend because of lack of interest. So while there's something to buy, the desire also has to be there
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    We don't need deflation. Inflation, or rather "each new expansion awards more gold for playing than the previous one" is a catch up mechanism. It diminishes the impact of long term hoarders and emphasizes "play current content and you will have gold". If 1k gold was as hard to obtain now as in vanilla, a player who continuously played for 13 years would be lights years ahead of a guy just starting now, the new guy would stand no chance. But instead new guy can get enough gold to get by without bleeding himself grinding or buying gold.

Creating huge mandatory (not optional) goldsinks like high repair bills, mandatory vendor items for crafting or buffing will only cause one thing - people will not be able to afford it and will stop participating in the parts of the game (like crafting) or quit altogether. The playerbase of today wouldn't stomach "old school" concepts like grind 4 hours a day to raid for 2 hours etc. It's too boring, too time consuming, and flat out loses in comparison to accessible games like MOBAs, shooters and so on where people can spend majority of their gameplay in the midst of action and not "grinding" to get an access ticket to the action part.

Plus if you thought it through, you'd realize upping "living costs" always strikes the hardest the poor ones, creating even bigger disparity between the rich and the poor. It generally helps no one while punishing the casual player who has little time, little insider knowledge and can't be online 24/7 to exploit various in-game economy kinks like what is the best hour to farm or post auctions.

Generally most of these threads are created out of spite "I don't have gold, make it so others don't either", without thinking about consequences of what is de facto killing in-game economy.
    This, 100% this.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Quote Originally Posted by Kubajee View Post
    i feel like gold numbers are getting out of hand, just like damage/health numbers. if they increase the gold cap by another 1,000%, which they did in legion, the next gold cap will be 100,000,000 gold per character.

sure there probably won't be missions that give you 2,5k gold each, the amount of gold will still increase.

i'd love to see some massive gold sinks and something like vendor mats for each craftable item, which would cause a slow deflation. otherwise the gold cap for the expac after BfA would probably be 1,000,000,000 or 1 billion gold.

what do you guys think?
    I don't know, I am new and I am broke.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    I only own the epic Spectral Tiger mount, which I bought for goldcap from the normal AH in WoD. All other mounts are not as beautiful for me to justify a price of more than 1 Mio for me (most of them look not as good as the spider mount), but I could settle for 2 Mio per TCG mount / BMAH mount. I would pay all gold I have for a Zulian Tiger or probably also a TLPD, but I have not seen any of these on the BMAH yet, and it would surely sell for a gold cap which I cannot pay yet, so I will probably will never get one. I accumulate gold because I don't have many occasions to spend it with the current system of obtaining rare mounts via gold.
    I paid 300k for the Spectral Tiger and 500k for the Swift Spectral back in Cata...that would equal millions in today's gold inflation.

I saw the Zulian Tiger go for gold cap in WoD. It is a beautiful mount.

The inflation must be bad, as on my server which isn't even top 15 for population Darkmoon ticket packs on the BMAH go for 250-500k each time they are up. The mystery chest is always at around 200k. I saw a piece of the Naxx tier go for 500k last week...and the Plagued Proto Drake went for like 1.5mil recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    there isn't people are doing what they did in garrisons in class halls, 10-20 alts, run them all through argus, gear up with 30/50/x gear on followers, usually get 2 1k+1750g gold missions per day, so 5500*10 toons = 55k a day, 1 mill in under 20 days.

blizzard failed completely at stopping this lol.
    The best part is you can still make a nice chunk from your Garrison too if you want to invest the time. I do 3 toons still in my Garrison and make 20k just selling WoD mats on the AH per month. Aka doing Garrison Mission Quests, turning the Garrison Resources into Mats at the Trading Post, then selling the mats on the AH for people who want to speed level professions. If I did it on more toons I'd probably make more than the missions from Legion per month.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    I would say that at least 90% of the time I see or hear someone use the word "literally", they do not mean something in a literal sense at all. Gold does not "fall from the sky" in any literal sense. It is a figure of speech and it's superfluous to attach the descriptor to your statement in an effort to try to emphasize some point. And when things are literal, it would be stupid to say "literally" anyway .... I'm literally responding to a post right now. See, that would just be dumb.

So stop. Thanks.
    I literally cringed reading your reply, it's a figure of speech that is rather commonly used in todays society, don't like it? Well, sucks to be you. Like, literally sucks to be you.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post
    I paid 300k for the Spectral Tiger and 500k for the Swift Spectral back in Cata...that would equal millions in today's gold inflation.

I saw the Zulian Tiger go for gold cap in WoD. It is a beautiful mount.

The inflation must be bad, as on my server which isn't even top 15 for population Darkmoon ticket packs on the BMAH go for 250-500k each time they are up. The mystery chest is always at around 200k. I saw a piece of the Naxx tier go for 500k last week...and the Plagued Proto Drake went for like 1.5mil recently.
    funny, I paid less for both of those mounts in WoD.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    I literally cringed reading your reply, it's a figure of speech that is rather commonly used in todays society, don't like it? Well, sucks to be you. Like, literally sucks to be you.
    If you think saying the opposite of what you mean is a figure of speech then I feel sorry for you. I agree it is common as most people are really stupid, which your post innately proves is true of you as well.

I don't like it because I don't like the stupid things stupid people say and do, but it's great to be me. I'm not one of the brainless sheep who says things with the opposite meaning of what I am trying to convey just because other dumb people are doing it.

smh

If you think saying the opposite of what you mean is a figure of speech then I feel sorry for you. I agree it is common as most people are really stupid, which your post innately proves is true of you as well.

I don't like it because I don't like the stupid things stupid people say and do, but it's great to be me. I'm not one of the brainless sheep who says things with the opposite meaning of what I am trying to convey just because other dumb people are doing it.

smh
    You actually managed to increase the cringe tenfold with a second post. Bravo.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    You actually managed to increase the cringe tenfold with a second post. Bravo.
    Sure thing sheep.

Sure thing sheep.
    So what work occupation do you currently possess, mr. Going against the flow?

Deleted
    i play sine 11 years wow and i have about 50k gold on 42 chars..... i guess i am poor... but collecting wow gold is very boring for me... i collect rl money

Quote Originally Posted by axiom View Post
    i play sine 11 years wow and i have about 50k gold on 42 chars..... i guess i am poor... but collecting wow gold is very boring for me... i collect rl money
    Getting gold over the years is a lot more about not spending, than actually getting it. Just playing the game for a week would most likely double that amount if you don't spend any of it on stuff you don't need.