Thread: Final space

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up Final space

Final Space is an upcoming American adult animated science fiction television series created by indie internet filmmaker Olan Rogers with David Sacks serving as showrunner. The series involves an astronaut named Gary Space and his alien friend, Mooncake, and focuses on their adventures as they try to solve the mystery of “Final Space”.

The Final Space series premiere was shown off early via Reddit on February 15, 2018. Later that day, the first two episodes became available on TBS's website and app. The series premiere later aired on cable network, TNT, February 17, 2018. The series will officially premiere on cable network, TBS, February 26, 2018.

Seen the 1.st episodes and i must say its pretty great. A little dark like rick and montry and there is some reference:
    http://shrani.si/f/y/114/NXFZbpZ/spoilerfinalspace.png

(looks similar at least by design: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20160906112925)

Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just watched all three episodes, surprised no one is really talking about it here. It's hit and miss at times, Mooncake is cute, lead is annoying at times. If you like Rick and Morty, you won't probably LOVE this, but you won't hate it either.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    Just watched all three episodes, surprised no one is really talking about it here. It's hit and miss at times, Mooncake is cute, lead is annoying at times. If you like Rick and Morty, you won't probably LOVE this, but you won't hate it either.
    I probably won't love it, but I won't hate it either? Golly, that only sounds like the vast majority of media!

Will keep an eye on it and see how it does. Generally, "similar to something you really like but not quite as good" is usually not a winning recipe in the long term, but it could surprise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it is more of a storywriting as you can see the main character alone in space at start of every episode.
    So its either:
    *He gets saved in last EP
    *He dies

Seems more dark than pilot episode:

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm still on the fence with this one personally, but it's only three episodes in so I'll give it a chance

10+ Year Old Account
    New Ep....that star was kinda slow

10+ Year Old Account
    Ep-6 right into a felling jezzzz

I must admit this series is really starting to grow on me to a point where i can say i like it and i will be certainly sticking with it.

Is it better than Rick and Morty or Futurama? Prolly not but it certainly showing alot of promise and if you are a fan of Sci Fi cartoons like Rick and Morty or Futurama then you will certainly get into this show.

Also Mooncake is awesome!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well characters are clearly more insane when it comes to danger than rick and morty.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Well characters are clearly more insane when it comes to danger than rick and morty.
    I feel the characters are shaping up as the show goes though i think Gary still needs more work but he clearly has a back story and the other characters too so that gives the show longevity.

I believe Final Space really does have alot of promise and like i said i will be tuning in to find out.

10+ Year Old Account

This series is getting more and more intersting. Its getting very close to warhammer 40k universe now.

- - - Updated - - -

I must say this series certainly deserves more recognition!

I wont spoil anything but damn does this series pull at your heart strings

I love shows that has heart and has a story plus Sci fi and this is the reason this show is really growing on me.

Like i said in previous posts its not perfect but it deserves a chance if you give it one.

This show is pretty good,David Tennant voicing the Lord Commander is pure extra awesome.

Deleted
    I am really liking this show, its very entertaining and the humour is good.

- - - Updated - - -

Final episode was quite weak imo, but overall i enjoyed the show. I hope it comes back for a season 2

- - - Updated - - -

Oh my bad, that isn't the end of the season, still more episodes to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    There are 3 more episodes:
    April 17, 2018
    April 24, 2018
    May 1, 2018

While I liked the idea/promos for this show, I was pretty underwhelmed by the first episode. I want to like it, but didn't find it very funny and it wasn't really interesting enough as a non-comedy to hold my attention. Are the episodes after the first much different?

Yeah, by the third episode I'd say it's a good show. The Ricky & Morty comparisons are a bit lazy though. I get it's got black humour and can be quite adult oriented, but I'd say a closer comparison would be Bravest Warriors if it was written by Johnny the Homicidal Maniac's Jhonen Vasquez. It's a slower pace of story telling using a lot of tension building narratives, which kinda makes it a gondola to Rick & Morty's jetski speeds.

Given how many background references they throw around, they've done a good job of it not feeling derivative. Hope for a season 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    New ep...ohhhh this totaly makes sense now.

it's pretty great!.. here's hoping it sticks around for awhile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ep-9 --- HOLY ..........................................wordless

Also Kevin...worst A.I. ever.