Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Blizzard said they based most allied races off what players want. There have been tons of requests for Vrykul. Plus Vrykul have more potential for better customization than the stupid fat asses. Your fetish for the fatties shouldn't discount the Vrykul either. Vrykul have much more interesting lore as well.
    Ah yes, that wonderful lore of trying to kill you every time they meet you, wanting to wipe out humans if Ymiron had his way. The Valajar are literally the first Vrykul you encounter that don't want to instantly murder you and even then they serve Odyn who doesn't give a rats ass about faction conflict, he probably encourages it. They have zero reason to join either faction, your fetish doesn't change that.

The Kul'tirans aren't just some " human " model, they can't be copy pasted and judging from wowhead model viewer they have their own animations and it's not fully complete yet, you don't know what the future holds so comments such as " "What if's" don't mean shit! " doesn't hold water. If they receive no better customisation by the time the beta ends then I'd gladly take up arms with you, until then we have to wait and see.

Sitting here screeching VRYKUL doesn't improve anything, it doesn't give the kul'tirans better customisation or get you any closer to it, be the feedback you want, go to warcraftdevs on twitter, make posts on the EU and US forums, drum up interest in making the changes you want to see, sitting here ranting and raving won't accomplish anything.

vulpera for alliance sethrak for horde

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    Ah yes, that wonderful lore of trying to kill you every time they meet you, wanting to wipe out humans if Ymiron had his way. The Valajar are literally the first Vrykul you encounter that don't want to instantly murder you and even then they serve Odyn who doesn't give a rats ass about faction conflict, he probably encourages it. They have zero reason to join either faction, your fetish doesn't change that.

The Kul'tirans aren't just some " human " model, they can't be copy pasted and judging from wowhead model viewer they have their own animations and it's not fully complete yet, you don't know what the future holds so comments such as " "What if's" don't mean shit! " doesn't hold water. If they receive no better customisation by the time the beta ends then I'd gladly take up arms with you, until then we have to wait and see.

Sitting here screeching VRYKUL doesn't improve anything, it doesn't give the kul'tirans better customisation or get you any closer to it, be the feedback you want, go to warcraftdevs on twitter, make posts on the EU and US forums, drum up interest in making the changes you want to see, sitting here ranting and raving won't accomplish anything.
    Lmao. Blizzard apologist. Wait and see approach is a trash approach. The customization for the Kul'tirans is bland. Your fatty festish doesn't change that. dont care if its a new model if it looks like shit.
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."

Lmao. Blizzard apologist. Wait and see approach is a trash approach. The customization for the Kul'tirans is bland. Your fatty festish doesn't change that. dont care if its a new model if it looks like shit.
    Very childish response, not surprising. Fortunately Blizzard don't listen to people such as yourself who lack constructive criticism.

Well seeing that the Quilboars are native to Kul'Trias, and they have a new female model. So can Quilboars be the ally race to the Alliance as Vulpera can be for the Horde?

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    Very childish response, not surprising. Fortunately Blizzard don't listen to people such as yourself who lack constructive criticism.
    They don't listen to people like you either.
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."

Deleted
    Titanforged vrykuls, so they get a titan-related race for the Alliance that isn't afflicted by the curse of flesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    There are all these new races on Zandalar, but basically nothing "new' on Kul'Tiras. Odd isn't it? For one region to have four new potential Allied Races and the other has one?
    Not at all surprising when you remember which faction goes where. Blizzard doesn't give a fuck about making Alliance content interesting.

They don't listen to people like you either.
    Ignore Zephre, he never adress one's argument but rather insult them or tell them they are wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The BrewCity Monk View Post
    Well seeing that the Quilboars are native to Kul'Trias, and they have a new female model. So can Quilboars be the ally race to the Alliance as Vulpera can be for the Horde?
    [IMG]http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/697647.jpg
    I hope not, they are ugly as hell.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    Really shocked at alliance players
    Do people really want to play as a gnoll, furlbog or quillboar? Is it just that we lack options or do people genuinely want these?
    I mean for 2/3 of those it's that we lack any obvious option. Sethrak (And Tortollan?) aren't even chrrace options, they use pre-clothed NPC models. And neither have a female model. And there's nothing obvious that would reuse a player model, except maybe Furbolg using Pandaren.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The BrewCity Monk View Post
    http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/697647.jpg[/IMG]
    A) Don't fit the Alliance Aesthetic.

B) Their females actually use the same animations and skeleton as the males.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I wish I could play as a Furbolg. The models are currently unisex, but that can be changed.

I still have that old Rod of Transformation...Can be a Furbolg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWolly View Post
    I wish I could play as a Furbolg. The models are currently unisex, but that can be changed.
    Honestly Furbolg using the Pandaren model feels almost too easy.

And it'd be decidedly worse compared to Vulpera, so that's going for it as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    It better not be fat kul'tirans people barely play dwarves and gnomes we don't need another joke race.

Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    It better not be fat kul'tirans people barely play dwarves and gnomes we don't need another joke race.
    If you think Dwarves are a joke race...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    If you think Dwarves are a joke race...
    woops meant gnomes dwarves are ok

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Honestly Furbolg using the Pandaren model feels almost too easy.

And it'd be decidedly worse compared to Vulpera, so that's going for it as well.
    I wouldn’t want them to use a Pandaren model. I would prefer a female model and an updated male model.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    So we can basically infer the next batch of allied races to be announced will be...

1. Draenor Orcs
    2. Vulpera
    3. Kul Tiran (Bulky) Human
    4. ???

Sethrak have been brought up as a candidate, but the Horde will apparently work with a rebel group to bring down the sethrak Emperor. Tortollans have also been proposed as a candidate but they seem to also live on Zandalar and work with the Horde to commune with Torga, a turtle loa. Thin humans are also a proposed candidate, but that would be extreme human overkill.

So based on what we know, my prediction is the Alliance will either get broken or quilboar.
    I would doubt the Sethrak are a possibility as they probably require too much work when it comes to helmets. Not impossible.

As for the second "Alliance race".....I would suggest it likely that if anyone gets the Vulpera, it'll be the Alliance as that would give them the Goblin skeleton.

That opens up the Tortollans for the Horde but they might have animation or armour issues with their shells, same as Sethrek have with their heads.

If the Vulpera go Horde.....Cyber/Jungle/Sand/MechaGnomes would be a possibility for the Alliance. High Elves would be another but I don't think Blizzard would hand out two elf races so close together. You could look at the Frostborn or Stormpike Clans, the Krokul, Night Elf Worgen, Dark Trolls, Saberon or Botani, some of the Elemental races, Furbolg, Earthen....

Lots of possibilities but few that seem particularly likely. And the more interesting and unique...arakkoa, Ethereals, Ogres...would more likely be full races.
    Last edited by KyrtF; 2018-03-02 at 12:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWolly View Post
    I wouldn’t want them to use a Pandaren model. I would prefer a female model and an updated male model.
    Way I see it, if we're talking anything other than 8.3.5 for that race, it'll use recycled or already implemented animations.

New animations, especially player ones, are still a massive undertaking.

90% odds it will be Kul Tiran humans. And I'm being generous here... generously low. If it's anything else I'd be surprised.

Vulpera as an allied race is lol. I get it, the foxes are cute, some people like them. But just because they were labeled player race alongside a ton of other races for the sake of handling their armor models easier, does not mean they have a real shot at being playable. They are not nearly popular enough for that. Maybe BfA will change that, but I really doubt it.

Furthermore, if they were added by some freak occurrence, they would be a Horde race given how strongly they interact with them. So don't think vulpera are going to mysteriously become an Alliance player race out of nowhere alongside Draenor orcs. It's going to be Kul Tiran humans, whether people like them or not. They are the obvious choice and the amount of work Blizzard is putting into them makes it more and more clear.

The only other Alliance alternatives I can think of would be Wildhammer dwarves (don't count on it, if they didn't add high elves because they 'weren't interesting' how do you think they feel about a third dwarf race whom's most notable difference is 'tattoos'), Frostborn Dwarves (unlikely as well, given that they haven't had any attention since WotLK), or broken (vaguely possible but don't count on it).

There are a handful of other races that are unlikely, such as clockwork gnomes and earthen, but they are just as unlikely as a random race like vulpera, except for the fact vulpera are much more Horde aligned.

PS: All of this said, Blizzard might throw in a new race entirely for the sake of it, but I can't think of any they'd do that for. Void elves had a very obvious reason for existing, any other wildcard race would be likely to fail.

PPS: Keep in mind that when it comes to allied races, they are only going to use races that share animations for the most part with other playable races. This is about saving effort to make a likable race, not designing something new. Vrykul are a good example here; they could share human animations... in theory, but it would look very bad on them. Very, very bad. They need creative mix of other races' animations or, realistically, their own unique style -- IE, brand new race. I'm not discounting Vrkul as a possibility, I just don't see how it could easily be done.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2018-03-02 at 12:23 AM.