Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Uhm, not too sure about it, but given that WoD was meant to be BC 2.0. Getting 2.0 versions of the BC new races would make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    But being a Bloodsail Admiral, the vendor isn't
    Ah well, time to grind "the insane" then
    You can also just buy a fuckton of Vanilla-level cloth and go to a guy outside of Gadgetzan to hand it in to get rep with them..

I had to do that for the engineering questline in Legion <.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    You can also just buy a fuckton of Vanilla-level cloth and go to a guy outside of Gadgetzan to hand it in to get rep with them..

I had to do that for the engineering questline in Legion <.<
    This had never crossed my mind... THANK YOU SO MUCH

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by njams View Post
    It was man, WoD was the worst in every way possible. Call one that was worse?
    I wasn't playing on the official servers in Vanilla and TBC so yeah i guess for me those were worse :P
    Seriously tho, just because it's the worse it still doesn't mean it's bad. It's like gold with a bit of shit in it.

This is an interesting theory.
    Wasn't there also hints at more Void related stuff from the Mythic version of Mar'gok in Highmaul with Cho'Gall showing up at the end?
    WoD did seem to feature alot of parallels with BC thematically so perhaps Farahlon would have featured Belfs pursuing the Void as a resource like they were mining Netherstorm in BC? The Alleria arrow, the void infused Orcs in Nargrand which seem identical aesthetically to the void infused broken in Mac'Aree, I think the OP may be on to something. Maybe Mac'Aree is a reworking of what work they were developing for Farahlon?

Quote Originally Posted by Iflash View Post
    Uhm, not too sure about it, but given that WoD was meant to be BC 2.0. Getting 2.0 versions of the BC new races would make sense.
    Another compelling point.
    Last edited by ChairmanKaga; 2018-03-01 at 06:19 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keesasha View Post
    I stopped reading at "WoD was monumentally bad" .. it wasn't.
    I stopped reading at "I stopped reading"
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

10+ Year Old Account
    OP has no proof for his claims and therefore is full of it.

Yes it was you contrarian dunce.

Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    now u may be thinking sillag thats ridiculous. but its true. as u well remember we were going to get a magical place called farahlon that never came to be. but what was on farahlon?

blizzard told us it was going to have some cool blood elf stuff and also teach us about the nature of light and void some more. this was also while they were dragging their feet making the blood elf models. hmm. and whats in current faralohn? oh yea its full of void and ethereals

need more proof? remember the garrison inn quest where a mysterious ranger was looking for alleria windrunner. and we found alleria's arrow for her in the shadowmoon burial grounds aka the most void place in all of wod. looks like she was already out there getting busy with the void.

hmm looks like the perfect place to slip void elves in, they would have been a horde race of course. the alliance would get lightforged draenei at the same time from the light-themed parts of faralon. we saw the beginning of lightforging in smv in that cutscene and probably would have met turalyon and the army of light here. you can even get yrel's horns as a lightforged draenei and only as a lightforged draenei

unfortunately wod was so monumentally bad that they had to emergency exit the whole expansion and those stories were delayed for legion. well the lightforged fit reasonably well and so did alleria's messing around with the void. but as we all well know void elves themselves make absolutely no sense the way they have been added.

also somewhere along the line they decided to make void elves alliance instead of horde with the nonsense "blood elves thought void was too far" plot that everyone agrees makes no sense. but it made them a ton of money in alliance race changes so good for blizzard imo. keep making that money

anyway i thought you would want to know about this.
    Please show one single source for any of this nonsense.
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

I am pretty sure that Farahlon was going to be for more plant creature stuff with hints of massive amounts of arcane power under the surface.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    OP has no proof for his claims and therefore is full of it.

Yes it was you contrarian dunce.
    I love it when people can't accept that other people don't have the same opinions they do.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD was weak. It had great raids, so as a raider it was fine for me, but I acknowledge that it had little everything else and its playing house thing did not work out, IMO.

Garrison is not really bad, the problem that it was basically the only thing there was.

now u may be thinking sillag thats ridiculous. but its true. as u well remember we were going to get a magical place called farahlon that never came to be. but what was on farahlon?

blizzard told us it was going to have some cool blood elf stuff and also teach us about the nature of light and void some more. this was also while they were dragging their feet making the blood elf models. hmm. and whats in current faralohn? oh yea its full of void and ethereals

need more proof? remember the garrison inn quest where a mysterious ranger was looking for alleria windrunner. and we found alleria's arrow for her in the shadowmoon burial grounds aka the most void place in all of wod. looks like she was already out there getting busy with the void.

hmm looks like the perfect place to slip void elves in, they would have been a horde race of course. the alliance would get lightforged draenei at the same time from the light-themed parts of faralon. we saw the beginning of lightforging in smv in that cutscene and probably would have met turalyon and the army of light here. you can even get yrel's horns as a lightforged draenei and only as a lightforged draenei

unfortunately wod was so monumentally bad that they had to emergency exit the whole expansion and those stories were delayed for legion. well the lightforged fit reasonably well and so did alleria's messing around with the void. but as we all well know void elves themselves make absolutely no sense the way they have been added.

also somewhere along the line they decided to make void elves alliance instead of horde with the nonsense "blood elves thought void was too far" plot that everyone agrees makes no sense. but it made them a ton of money in alliance race changes so good for blizzard imo. keep making that money

anyway i thought you would want to know about this.
    There is no proof for it.

But story wise it would have made 1.000.000 times more sense then them being allied races like this.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's possible. Warlords had a ton of cut content.

I think you're right in perhaps they thought of Allied Races. Then again you could argue Races added has always been a thing.

I think maybe they thought of making Allied Races but based on how little Ren'dorei and the Lightforged actually have, I would say those specific races came with the making of legion rather than early as WoD. I would say though that they wanted the Draenor Orcs before all Allied Races in general since yeah, they were a feature people wanted and WoD easily could have given but because the Garrisons was far too ambitious and they really cut so much shit, it never arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    None of that is proof of anything.
    Yeah, and we didn't land on the moon either.

If that were the case that must mean that they also meant for Alleria to align herself with the Horde, so it must have been a long time before they actually came up with Legion's story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    WoD was weak. It had great raids, so as a raider it was fine for me, but I acknowledge that it had little everything else and its playing house thing did not work out, IMO.

Garrison is not really bad, the problem that it was basically the only thing there was.
    Yeah i can accept weak, but not bad. Many people loved the garrisons, and at this point i think a lot of people can agree that the order hall didn't end up being anything special, and that the garrison feels much more interesting. And the raiding was great too.

sillag thats ridiculous.
    its true

Fixed that first for ya OP

15+ Year Old Account
    theres a lot more but these are the things that should have u worried. i mean be excited for it if u want its not really my concern but im just gonna tell u that in a years time when theyre already announcing the attack of the void u will think back and realize that sillag was a lot smarter than he appeared and u will wish u could say sorry but dont worry i dont hold it against u
    I mean there may very well be truth in this statement (definitely not) but maybe? Who knows?

The one thing that WON'T happen though is me looking back and calling you smart when you have never heard of a capital letter, and can't spell the word 'you'.
    Here is something to believe in!

7+ Year Old Account
    Your examples of "proof" are in fact not proof. It's opinion based on circumstance.

Actual, concrete proof, no it's not.