Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Nightborne - Tyrande reference flirt

A flirt of the female nightborne is "Tyrande still looks good after all these years. Know if she's seeing anyone?"

So... if she dies off in the next expansion(s) they'll have update this line or it will feel awkward.

But I don't think she will be written off. At most retired from the main scene, at most.

I only hope that she gets a better voice actress or voice direction, or both, and her lines stop being so damn awful.

They really, really need veteran professional writers/directors for WoW's lore. As far as I know the writers that write the novels have no say in the game itself. (do they?)
    Last edited by Avellon; 2018-03-01 at 03:51 PM.

If she's dead it'll be funnier. Tyrande's a shit character afterall.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    If she's dead it'll be funnier. Tyrande's a shit character afterall.
    Only because what Blizzard has done to her and the Night Elves overall.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a shame what they've done to her yeah...
    I preferred her character in WC3 a lot more. But.. who knows. Legion gave us a look into other faction-leaders. Let's just hope that BFA expands upon this.

Oh well. Elves are elves. They all have the same story in any kind of fantasy story. Who cares

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I dunno, varian died and Uncle Gus is still telling those savage jokes about him.

... A topic about a /silly being politically correct in case a bunch of pixels might someday die. We have reached a new low.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avellon View Post

But I don't think she will be written off.
    Tyrande was written off in WoW to begin with. Compared to Warcraft 3, she is a parody in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    orc grunts still say 'Thrall Hall', even when he's not been a leader to the horde for 4-5 expansions now. They don't bother with updating stuff they find to insignificant to bother with.
    #boycottchina

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    Probably just a leftover from when they were originally intended to go Alliance side. But personally that one makes me giggle!

Quote Originally Posted by Arcieth View Post
    Only because what Blizzard has done to her and the Night Elves overall.
    Honestly, I wanted to slap her silly since early in Warcraft 3.
    She ALWAYS has been this kind of bitchy, arrogant, self-righteous character that is inexplicably at the heart of a love triangle.
    I don't really see the "she was ruined in WoW". If anything, she's much less obnoxious than she originally was (which isn't saying much).

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    She ALWAYS has been this kind of bitchy, arrogant, self-righteous character that is inexplicably at the heart of a love triangle.
    I don't really see the "she was ruined in WoW". If anything, she's much less obnoxious than she originally was (which isn't saying much).
    I always liked what she represented for Night Elves, which is this strong warrior priestess who lead her people for thousands of years. That persona has never really been properly represented in game though, because as you said, she's always been a very bitchy, arrogant and self righteous character in the game.

I hope she'll be redeemed (along with the rest of her people, honestly) in game because the Night Elves as a faction are much stronger and worthy of respect than they are represented in-game IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    She was also a total racist in WC3.

And that's fine. Not every character is supposed to be a hero type or the one you want to identify with and support their goals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    She was also a total racist in WC3.

And that's fine. Not every character is supposed to be a hero type or the one you want to identify with and support their goals.
    No she wasn't. She helps the high elves out, and only attacked the humans and orcs because first the orcs killed their demi-god cenarius and the humans and orcs were desecrating the forest at the time. Then after malf and medivh talk to her she works with them. Nothing she did was racist.

Tyrande's story in Val'shara was her best appearance in the game since Eranikus in Classic. She was strong, determined and got shit done where all of the most powerful other beings failed. The zone only had 2 problems:
    1) Coming close to the Nightmare/Xavius should have caused player druids to lose their powers as well, because this is the lore...not doing this made the VS druids look very weak, when in reallity...they were not. They were strong, but Emerald powers just don't work against the nightmare. Leaving player druids so much out of this story just for gameplay reasons screwed up the balnce of power in the zone's story a lot.
    2) Many players completely disregarded anything about the story because of 2 or 3 voiceover lines that were over the top cheesy. I did not like those, either, but they don't stop me from seeing the rest of it all....which was awesome. Tyrande was the star of that zone - a really good zone...with an awesomely sad ending cinematic.

So, i think Blizzard is on the right track. I liked Val'shara Tyrande. It's just sad that the whole theme and outcome of the zone lacked any kind of hope. It was simply a very sad story. A good one, none the less.

i doubt they will kill tyrande before elune shows up. i mean why do u think they have malfurion being the one defending teldrassil instead of her. hes 99% gonna die or get sent to the dream once the tree blows up but she will be back in stormwind

tyrande and the nelfs are probably going to do literally nothing the entire expansion tho. i guess they might have her fight azshara but this is blizzard were talking about they probably forgot that those 2 know eachother.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    2) Many players completely disregarded anything about the story because of 2 or 3 voiceover lines that were over the top cheesy.
    A chain is only as strong as its weakest link.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    They're probably not gonna kill her. Blizzard hears a lot of loud noises on the forums and usually throws em' a bone from time to time. So I think they will kill Malfurion and have her go full on revenge psycho on the Horde, to add another to it's ranks. Eventually they might off her though, I do expect her to go before Jaina, she's definitely the other sacred character on the Alliance aside from Anduin.

They don't have to replace the line. Blood elves still say Remember the Sunwell when it returned at the end of BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    A chain is only as strong as its weakest link.
    Jog my memory, which cheesy lines are you both referring to? I just remember loving the zone storyline overall.