Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's not a meme, it's the truth.

This is the guy that claimed that "nobody could have known" how complicated health care was...despite folks literally spending years talking about it - https://www.cnn.com/2017/02/27/polit...ted/index.html

This is the guy that followed that up by saying he learned everything there was to know about health care in "a short period of time" - http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...erything-about

This is the guy that followed these comments up by describing health insurance as someone would describe a 401K or life insurance plan, where you "cash in" at and old age after paying into it for years - https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/19/u...ript.html?_r=0

He is literally proving himself to be that oblivious on a regular basis, dude.

This explains quite a lot, actually.
    I remember Trump saying he's going to fix healthcare on day one and his words were "it's gonna be so easy"

Then again, middle east peace was supposed to be easy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    He supported stronger gun control many times.
    I thought actions mattered more than words. Thats what you tell us when hand-waiving away trumps actions, that his enacted policy matters more. Now are you saying differently, because it's not Trump's cock you're sucking off? Not surprising as you have the moral fortitude of well, a trumpanzee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togashii View Post
    I thought actions mattered more than words. Thats what you tell us when hand-waiving away trumps actions, that his enacted policy matters more. Now are you saying differently, because it's not Trump's cock you're sucking off? Not surprising as you have the moral fortitude of well, a trumpanzee.
    To be fair, it's significantly easier to dismiss Trump's incompetence when you've already eaten the shit sandwich of trying to reconcile being religious with voting for a serially-divorced sexual predator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Togashii View Post
    That was actually the setup. I was anticipating the response to be, "Those were things he said, but what he actually did was favorable to gun rights."

Cue my response: "So would you say the actual policy is what matters, not the rhetoric?"

Unfortunately the response never came.

These are issues, matters of complicated policy, and he clearly wings it often, and badly.
    There's "winging it", and literally not understanding the first thing about how health insurance works. I "wing it" all the time in my job, it's literally part of what I do. But I know enough about everything I have to talk about to be able to effectively wing it without sounding completely ignorant. Sure, I don't know as much as experts, but I can competently talk about anything I need to.

He literally doesn't know the must fundamental basics of how health insurance even works based off of his comments.

I'm struggling to think of a time when Trump has ever spoken about health care, without reading from a script, where he sounded like he actually understood any aspect of how health insurance and care delivery actually works. He makes vague comments about cheaper drugs, but he's never been able to speak with any credibility or nuance. When you're president you need to be able to do that.

But knowing his base? Knowing what boxes to check when he speaks about issues? I cannot accept that he doesn't understand this.
    And again, you're explaining a lot with this. Knowing his base? Knowing what boxes to check? He checks all the boxes and his base largely adjusts their views to maintain their support of him. This is the base that applauded and cheered as he mocked them for buying into the "drain the swamp" tagline that he used.

Look at this issue, for example. Look at him at this and the DACA roundtables. He's literally just agreeing with everything everyone says and then backpedaling and agreeing again when contradicted. He's literally fucking advocating for taking peoples guns without due process. Like, how can you say he "understands" issues when he says shit like that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    People need to wrap their heads around this one. Obama may very well be more pro-business, and less anti-gun than this GOP administration, including the House and Senate. All the GOP has left is latent bigotry and nationalism.
    This is a very pro business move.

1: This scares the "low information voter" base into thinking "Gubbermint cumin fur muh gunz!"
    2: Said idiots buy more guns.
    3: The gun sales save manufacturers from bankruptcy.
    4: ????
    5: I hear you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Like, how can you say he "understands" issues when he says shit like that?
    He has bought so far into Trumpism, he can't do anything but to support what Trump does. No matter how reprehensible, @Dacien just waives it away and makes apologetics for it. He's the Spicer of MMOChamp.

There's "winging it", and literally not understanding the first thing about how health insurance works. I "wing it" all the time in my job, it's literally part of what I do. But I know enough about everything I have to talk about to be able to effectively wing it without sounding completely ignorant. Sure, I don't know as much as experts, but I can competently talk about anything I need to.

He literally doesn't know the must fundamental basics of how health insurance even works based off of his comments.

I'm struggling to think of a time when Trump has ever spoken about health care, without reading from a script, where he sounded like he actually understood any aspect of how health insurance and care delivery actually works. He makes vague comments about cheaper drugs, but he's never been able to speak with any credibility or nuance. When you're president you need to be able to do that.
    No, we're in agreement about this. On certain policy, he's ignorant and tries to bluff his way forward in a lot of cases, and I imagine leans on his advisers quite heavily. We absolutely agree about that.

I think knowing his appeal and knowing what to say to keep the crowd cheering is another thing entirely.

And again, you're explaining a lot with this. Knowing his base? Knowing what boxes to check? He checks all the boxes and his base largely adjusts their views to maintain their support of him. This is the base that applauded and cheered as he mocked them for buying into the "drain the swamp" tagline that he used.
    I know he backed off the tagline, I remember a blurb about it just being campaign rhetoric, time to move on from that yada yada, but where did Trump mock his supporters for believing it? And they cheered this mockery? I need an article or something, I have to admit I haven't heard of this.

Look at this issue, for example. Look at him at this and the DACA roundtables. He's literally just agreeing with everything everyone says and then backpedaling and agreeing again when contradicted. He's literally fucking advocating for taking peoples guns without due process. Like, how can you say he "understands" issues when he says shit like that?
    I was going to bring up the DACA discussion with Feinstein, that we saw some of the same sort of thing.

I never said I think he "understands issues". I've articulated against that quite clearly. I argued that I don't believe he doesn't understand his base, and when he talks about guns or immigration, I don't believe he doesn't know what his supporters want to hear on the topic of those issues.

E.g., I'm not arguing he understands DACA fully, but I sure as heck am arguing that he knows darn well what his supporters want to hear him say about it.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2018-03-02 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Trump is very politically savy.
    Except he isn't. Remember, Mueller's investigation was a 100% self inflicted wound by Trump. Also remember that he threw his own party under the bus during the failure that was Obamacare repeal.

These are not things that a politically savvy person would have done in a million years. These are the acts of a moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Remember Trump has no loyalty to anyone, he just expects people to be loyal to him. He doesn't care about his 'base' per se, he just doesn't like it when people say bad things about him. So because the kinds in the latest shooting managed to start a huge social media movement (which is pretty impressive, kudos to them) he's touting guns as his new issue so that people say nice things about him.

He doesn't care if guns gets fixed or not, he just wants the optics of caring about guns so he gets to bask in twitter praise for a few days. Expect him to forget all about it soon. Especially if enough people on the other side of the argument start saying mean things about him, and he sees that on twitter, or Fox and Friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    MSNBC host Tucker Car...

(checks link)

My bad. FOX News host Tucker Carlson becomes arguably the first FOX News host to realize the double standard.

Fox News host Tucker Carlson slammed President Trump for calling this week to confiscate guns without due process as a means of combatting gun violence.

“Imagine if Barack Obama had said that? ‘Just ignore due process and confiscating guns.’ Obama would have been denounced as a dictator,” Carlson said on Thursday. “Congress would be talking impeachment right now. Someone would be muttering about secession.”

“If voters wanted that kind of government, they could have voted Democrat and they still have a chance to vote Democrat in the midterms, which he should keep in mind,” Carlson said.
    Self-aware, check. Subtle, not so much.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    It's bait, democrats will bite like always. Here's your DACA deal, oh thanks for the 25 billion for my wall. Oh you don't support DACA now? Watching in real time is hilarious.
    "Trump is just saying this to bait Dems!"

Trump passes the bill.

"T-Trump is just doing this to psych out the dems, he's still playing 8 dimensional chess!"

Government starts confiscating guns of emotionally unstable people, causing a surge in crazies to gout and buy more guns which then get confiscated, so they buy even more guns.

"T-Trump is just... is just... *Head explodes*"
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Except he isn't. Remember, Mueller's investigation was a 100% self inflicted wound by Trump. Also remember that he threw his own party under the bus during the failure that was Obamacare repeal.

These are not things that a politically savvy person would have done in a million years. These are the acts of a moron.
    Jizzy911 is probably of the mind that (barring all the other indictments so far...) Mueller is actually secretly working to get Obama and Clinton and the rest of this is just fake just to troll the librulz kek

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    First the NRA 180 and now this.
    Choke chain!

A top official with the National Rifle Association's lobbying arm (NRA-ILA) said Thursday following an Oval Office meeting with President Trump and Vice President Pence that the pair "don't want gun control."

In a tweet, NRA-ILA executive director Chris Cox also defended Trump as supporting "strong due process" a day after the president raised eyebrows among gun rights advocates with his call to "take the guns first, go through due process second."

"I had a great meeting tonight with @realDonaldTrump & @VP. We all want safe schools, mental health reform and to keep guns away from dangerous people. POTUS & VPOTUS support the Second Amendment, support strong due process and don’t want gun control," Cox tweeted Thursday night.

Trump also acknowledged the meeting on Twitter, calling it a "good (great)" meeting but offering few details.

Originally Posted by Theodarzna
    If he just gives them a war in Syria maybe all those Hillary voters can rest comfortably knowing they got what they wanted.

Originally Posted by Edge
    Was wondering how long it would take for someone to come in with "BUT HILLARY", thanks Theo. Keep on in no way defending the dumpster fire that is the Trump administration.
    Someone explained that Theo entered the bolded statement and then deleted it. The deleting it was a smart move. The comment as written makes Theo out to be mentally unstable and incapable of understanding reality.

These are issues, matters of complicated policy, and he clearly wings it often, and badly. But knowing his base? Knowing what boxes to check when he speaks about issues? I cannot accept that he doesn't understand this.
    How can you not understand this? He has never done anything for anyone accept himself. He has consistently showed that he only does anything just for him and his own ego. This guy is 70 and you're at least 15 years old so you've been around long enough to see the kind of person he is.

- - - Updated - - -

but where did Trump mock his supporters for believing it? And they cheered this mockery? I need an article or something, I have to admit I haven't heard of this.
    Remember when he said that he "loves the poorly educated"? That.

When he said that his base cheered and loved it, instead of being insulted, but I guess that's no surprise there.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2018-03-02 at 11:49 AM.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

The thing that trips me out the most about this is that, I get it that "Stupid Trump" is a meme, and he obviously says uninformed and hypocritical things, says things that are shocking one minute, then the next day (or the next hour) he's backtracking so severely that you're left wondering if he even understood the issue to begin with (*cough* FISA renewal), but I cannot believe he's that disconnected, that oblivious.

inb4 "How could you be so blind this far along," "We've all known he's this stupid since day one, are you just now realizing this," etc. etc., but for Trump to say what he said, I cannot believe that he doesn't understand his base and the destructive effects those comments would have on his support.

Sometimes I think he really is playing 4D chess, except he's not playing against his political rivals, he's playing against everyone.
    I can just see those shafts of enlightenment starting to pierce the fog in your brain.

We've believed, and hes shown hes that disconnected and oblivious again and again and again. And you've come here and defended that behaviour again and again and again.

So other than stupid / intellectually dishonest, what explanation is there?

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing that trips me out the most about this is that, I get it that "Stupid Trump" is a meme, and he obviously says uninformed and hypocritical things, says things that are shocking one minute, then the next day (or the next hour) he's backtracking so severely that you're left wondering if he even understood the issue to begin with (*cough* FISA renewal), but I cannot believe he's that disconnected, that oblivious.

inb4 "How could you be so blind this far along," "We've all known he's this stupid since day one, are you just now realizing this," etc. etc., but for Trump to say what he said, I cannot believe that he doesn't understand his base and the destructive effects those comments would have on his support.

Sometimes I think he really is playing 4D chess, except he's not playing against his political rivals, he's playing against everyone.
    That’s because you are ignoring who Trump is. This is not a scholar, his father put him through school and he inherited his fortunes. Trump never lived in middle class. He never had to figure out his healthcare, never had to worry about his pay check. Trump lives the life of a NYC oligarch and you think his not understanding issues facing most Americans, is 4D chess?

Just a reminder... Trump’s previous occupation on top of CEO of Trump Organization, was being a reality TV star.

- - - Updated - - -

I know he backed off the tagline, I remember a blurb about it just being campaign rhetoric, time to move on from that yada yada, but where did Trump mock his supporters for believing it? And they cheered this mockery? I need an article or something, I have to admit I haven't heard of this.
    You need an article to see Trump celebrating his presidential win? Because that is when he was cheering his mockery... he backed off that tag line as well as saying similar about ‘lock her up’. You are looking for a different celebration of tricking people to believe him?

I was going to bring up the DACA discussion with Feinstein, that we saw some of the same sort of thing.
    What same sort of thing? Trump supporters were burning his hats in the summer, over his statement on DACA. Not liberals up in arms whining Hillary lost, but his own supporters. That is how all over the place Trump has been on DACA.

E.g., I'm not arguing he understands DACA fully, but I sure as heck am arguing that he knows darn well what his supporters want to hear him say about it.
    There is a difference with his support ignoring what he is saying and him knowing what his supporters want. As an example, you mentioned he knows what his support wants on DACA... what is this then?:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41279520

Trump's 'Make America Great Again' hats burned over Daca deal

You think his support wants limits on video games because of mass shootings? How about taking guns away without due process? Seems to me, his skill is more in his ability for his support to ignore him, not him knowing what they want to hear. Basically, this is what he understands and you confuse it with understanding what his support wants to hear:

https://www.cnn.com/2016/01/23/polit...ort/index.html

Trump: I could 'shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters'

That’s what he understands... so, don’t confuse that with understanding anything else about his own support.
    Last edited by Felya; 2018-03-02 at 02:57 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I wonder if this is the first salvo in an attempt to increase firearm sales.

Peace

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    I wonder if this is the first salvo in an attempt to increase firearm sales.

Peace
    If this is what it is, then I think that just makes his commentary even worse if he's willing to flirt with the idea of threatening our Second Amendment rights just to toss some meat to the gun lobbies and overstocked manufacturers.