Poll: Your definitive opinion about Legion

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Who but the no lifers do you think were complaining that they couldn't get final tier of xpac level gear from world and dungeon content in the first place? =-)
    nobody ? and nobody is exapecting it now just like nobody was expecting it at any point of wow life - are you gonna honestly claim that there is at least 100 people out there who farm world quest 910 gear for the chance of it going all the way to 970 ? like come on be real .

10+ Year Old Account
    Hot trash. Everything bad about wod coupled with a series of even worse decisions
    Wrath baby and proud of it

7+ Year Old Account
    Loved the M+

I liked the raids and the world content

The Lore was stupid
    Legendaries felt forced
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

I rate it as average, meaning about as good as any other expansion.

The issue for me overall is related to the age of the game and side effects of reworking/redefining game play as time goes on.

Hence

A lot of repeated content in the as questing outside of leveling becomes a primary means of content.
    Not totally bad but a lot of the QOL changes such as command boards and WOD style on screen quest text popups lack immersion.
    Plus they aren't consistent with these QOL changes. So you can queue for LFR and Dungeons but not Mythic+.
    And immersion breaking things like multiple Dalarans multple lore NPCs all over the place makes the game feel more synthetic and robotic.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    nobody ? and nobody is exapecting it now just like nobody was expecting it at any point of wow life - are you gonna honestly claim that there is at least 100 people out there who farm world quest 910 gear for the chance of it going all the way to 970 ? like come on be real .
    I'd wager there's at least 99 other people like me out there.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Deleted
    pairing with TBC and wotlk

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish it was more alt friendly. I find AP to be a severely limiting factor to alt performance.

Some days I just feel like playing (x) and I hate feeling like I need to invest a solid week of AP grinding to get up to par.

In my opinion:

Good:

M+ (At least for most dungeons. Some were not good with M+)
    Artifact progression up to getting concordance

Bad:

Artifact progression after concordance. (Doesn't really feel good, like an upgrade)
    Class Design. Most (not all) specs just feel so dumbed down and easy to play. Great for some people, but I think they took it too far.
    Catch up mechanics. Just an opinion. I think we get gear good enough to do current content too quickly. I don't think its necessarily bad to have catch up mechanics, but we should at least have to run EN a couple times, then NH a couple times, so on before being geared enough to do the latest raid. But now we lose that progression.
    Legendaries. Fun when you get good ones. Terrible when you get bad ones.
    Titanforging. A lot wrong with this system. Should definitely be capped based on content. I get what they're going for, but its just not a good solution.

Edit:
    Honorable Mention: Hidden artifact appearances. When the xpac launched, Blizz went full on dick mode when everyone was constantly looking for those appearances, but they were locked behind artifact knowledge. That was possibly one of the worst decision (I think) they made. I was excited for these but they were executed horribly.

More bad than good but I don't think it was overall a bad expansion. A lot of the bad stuff I listed was really fun at first, but quickly died out.
    Last edited by Khyraine; 2018-03-01 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    With Legion drawing close to its end, I think it's a good moment to give a final verdict about it. It seems to be an xpac that it's been either loved or hated, with no middle point. So let's see what is the general attitude of MMOC in this poll
    I enjoyed it thoroughly. It wasn't perfect, but I definitely think it's one of the better ones for sure. I think any expansion that wow puts out anymore is going to be polarizing, and fill the forums with both love and hate threads.

WoW has been around for so long now that the two main demographics playing the game are either die hard fans who still love the game through and through, or people who used to love the game and now keep coming back time and time again looking for what hooked them way back when. It's that latter group who buys an expansion, gets annoyed part way through it, quits, makes whine threads, then comes back again for another dose the following expansion. They're looking for something that WoW doesn't have anymore.

Neither group is wrong.

This is the sort of thing that happens with a 14 year old game with loads of nostalgia. It's never going to have what it had, it will never be new again.

5+ Year Old Account
    +++ Played it more than MoP/WoD, just due to the systems being reinvigorated and pre fun (M+, worldquests.) Huge breath of fresh air.
    ++ Decent raids, nice lookin gear, illidan every raid tier, class quests...
    -- I will not miss legendary farming and being disswayed from playing alts (especially pure dps classes). Linear quest gates also quite annoying for alts.
    -- Class design as a whole definitely could be better (made some of my prev fave classes just annoying to play), PvP could also have gone a better direction.

Good outweighs the bad... Pre decent expac.

I'll def be thinking of it everytime the wep i need just never drops, thats for sure ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    Pvp got fucked, pvp gearing was even worse, I lost my raid spot because I didn't have a specific pair of legendaries and the artifact weapons made raiding super grindy...especially if you were in a group that required more than one class.

I've never burnt out from an expansion so fast. I heard they made it better, but it should have never shipped as was. First impressions last the longest and scare the most away. I'll probably never raid seriously again after this, though.
    Method came out and said they never benched anyone due to legendaries.

My guess is that if you're guild said you were benched for that it may actually have been for other reasons...

Good. Definitely good. The over extension of RNG was the only issue I have/had but it’s not even that big of a deal, just the legendaries were really annoying.

Overall, it’s a good expac.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Because in method everyone had 5+ alts, often 2-3 of their main class, and they spammed m+ and raid splits all day so at least one of these chars ended up with some semblance of useful legendaries. Why do you think Scripe's main is named Scripetwo. It's the one who got better leggos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I feel like it was the worst expansion I've played.
    In fact this is the first expansion where I just ended up quitting for a majority of it.

Dislikes;
    -Specs feeling very bland, uninspiring and just outright dull to play. WW was fun though.
    -PvP being absolutely ruined in every way, could do an entirely different point system for this one.
    -Titanforging.
    -RNG legendaries that are so impactful that they outright changed the gameplay of some classes or increased damage by a huge amount.
    -Artifact power grinding for the entire expansion.
    -Requiring 3x relics for every weapon, turns into hell if you ever want to play more than one character.
    -WQ grinding for the entire expansion.
    -Broken Shore and Argus areas. They just weren't even remotely fun or interesting.
    -Class Halls and class campaign, some were just so dull compared to others.
    -The amount of RNG in general introduced into the various systems in WoW.

Likes;
    -Raiding was pretty okay, but that's always been okay.
    -Mage Tower challenges were pretty cool I guess.
    -M+ is a good system.

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteCharger View Post
    Plus they aren't consistent with these QOL changes. So you can queue for LFR and Dungeons but not Mythic+.
    It is consistent. You can queue for the basic content like lfr, heroic dungeon or unrated battleground, but the next step above is left for players to organize themselves. Blizzard said openly several times they don't think it's a good option to provide auto-queue for rated pvp, mythic+ or higher difficulties of the raid. They deliberately want to leave it in the players' hands.

Deleted
    Overall it was a good expansion. However, Suramar was outstanding. They hit the ball out of the park with that city.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post

My guess is that if you're guild said you were benched for that it may actually have been for other reasons...
    This just in, All guilds work exactly like Method does!

We hit a brick wall, someone in my role pulled more dps than I did because he had better legendaries, I got benched. I had two trash legendaries, he had two bis.

Also, Don't forget how many characters those hardcore raiders have each. Many of them had 2-4 of their main class + the usual 1-2 other alts, on top of either leveling something on the fly or getting someone else to level something for them when a raid calls for severe class stacking (looking at you Yogg 0)

I wasn't a fan overall.
    -No flying for a long time, which would be fine if it wasn't for...
    -Garbage map design. Highmountain's difficult paths and inaccurate world map combined with no flying made the entire zone feel like that one cliff in Vanilla Azshara. You know which one I'm talkng about.
    -Daze daze daze daze daze. Also mobs jammed together to force you to dismount. Even Vanilla wasn't this bad about it unless you blindly ran into every ogre camp you saw.
    -RNG on top of RNG. I played heavily until around the Suramar part 2 storyline. Came back 2 weeks ago to prepare for BFA. STILL not a single random legendary drop.
    -Feeling FORCED to play a certain way. I rep grinded from BC to WoD happily because of rewards like tabards and mounts. Now you pretty much had to to unlock necessary game mechanics, such as flying. Not cool.

I hope that the next expansion takes the good from this one and discards the bad.

Good. Not excellent, but very good, especially in later patches. But then again, coming from WoD, it's hard not to be a step up.

Remove legendaries, best expansion they have made

For now Wotlk > MoP > Legion > BC > Cata >WoD